Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
6926 pageviews
169 comments

KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Dec 12 - No clemency: Ex-Crips' leader to be executed

No clemency: Ex-Crips' leader to be executed
California Gov. Schwarzenegger rejects Stanley Tookie Williams' request

Updated: 3:37 p.m. ET Dec. 12, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied clemency for Crips co-founder Stanley Tookie Williams, who is scheduled to die early Tuesday.

The request to the governor was Williams’ last hope for being spared of execution, which is set to happen Tuesday morning at 12:01 a.m.

Schwarzenegger’s decision comes after a federal appeals court refused to block the execution early Tuesday.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement
Click Here!

Williams, 51, is set to die by injection at San Quentin State Prison for murdering four people in two 1979 holdups.

Hollywood stars and death penalty opponents mounted a campaign to save his life, making him one of the nation’s biggest death-row cause celebres in decades. His supporters argued that the founder of the murderous Crips gang had made amends during more than two decades in prison by writing a memoir and children’s books about the dangers of gangs.

Prosecutors and victims’ advocates contended Williams was undeserving of clemency from the governor because he did not own up to his crimes and refused to inform on fellow gang members. They also argued that the Crips gang that Williams co-founded in Los Angeles in 1971 is responsible for hundreds of deaths, many of them in battles with the rival Bloods for turf and control of the drug trade.

Williams is set to become the 12th California condemned inmate executed since lawmakers reinstated the death penalty in 1977 after a brief hiatus.

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down a clerk in a convenience store holdup and a mother, father and daughter in a motel robbery weeks later. Williams claimed he was innocent.

The last time a California governor granted clemency was in 1967, when Ronald Reagan spared a mentally infirm k!ller. Schwarzenegger — a Republican who has come under fire from members of his own party as too accommodating to liberals — rejected clemency twice before during his two years in office.

Less than 12 hours before the execution was set to take place, the 9th U.S. Circuit of Appeals said it would not intervene because, among other things, there was no “clear and convincing evidence of actual innocence.”

In his last-ditch appeal, Williams claimed that he should have been allowed to argue at his trial that someone else k!lled one of the four victims, and that shoddy forensics connected him to the other k!llings.

Williams was convicted of k!lling Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at a Los Angeles motel the family owned, and Albert Owens, 26, a 7-Eleven clerk gunned down in Whittier.

Celebrities f!ght for Williams
Among the celebrities who took up Williams’ cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in “Dead Man Walking”; Bianca Jagger; and former “M.A.S.H” star Mike Farrell. During Williams’ 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.

“If Stanley Williams does not merit clemency,” defense attorney Peter Fleming Jr. asked, “what meaning does clemency retain in this state?”

The impending execution resulted in feverish preparations over the weekend by those on both sides of the debate, with the California Highway Patrol planning to tighten security outside the prison, where hundreds of protesters were expected.

A group of about three dozen death penalty protesters were joined by the Rev. Jesse Jackson as they marched across the Golden Gate Bridge after dawn Monday en route to the gates of San Quentin, where they were expected to rally with hundreds of people.

At least publicly, the person apparently least occupied with his fate seemed to be Williams himself.

“Me fearing what I’m facing, what possible good is it going to do for me? How is that going to benefit me?” Williams said in a recent interview. “If it’s my time to be executed, what’s all the ranting and raving going to do?”

[pic - click to view]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10355657/

169 comments for "Dec 12 - No clemency: Ex-Crips' leader to be executed"

12 years ago '04        #2
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
damn........
 12 years ago '05        #3
BigBoo44 
space
space
$353 | Props total: 350 350
beat me to it
 12 years ago '04        #4
Ill Fred 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 408 408
damn ppl sayin la might riot but i think they wont
 12-12-2005, 02:46 PM         #5
L_U_C_K_T_A_N_A 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn....
 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM         #6
Buckz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rest In Peace
Stanley Tookie Williams

damn...

Last edited by Buckz; 12-12-2005 at 02:47 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #7
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,413 | Props total: 3478 3478
damn... i thought he deserved clemency..

U cant connect all the deaths that all the crips caused to just tookie. sh*ts absurd. Theres thousands of gangs across north america and sh*t just spirals out of control sometimes.
As for the murders im not sure whether hes innocent or not.
I guess his real fate is in god's hands
 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM         #8
1gor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
No clemency: Ex-Crips' leader to be executed
California Gov. Schwarzenegger rejects Stanley Tookie Williams' request

Updated: 3:37 p.m. ET Dec. 12, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied clemency for Crips co-founder Stanley Tookie Williams, who is scheduled to die early Tuesday.

The request to the governor was Williams’ last hope for being spared of execution, which is set to happen Tuesday morning at 12:01 a.m.

Schwarzenegger’s decision comes after a federal appeals court refused to block the execution early Tuesday.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement
Click Here!

Williams, 51, is set to die by injection at San Quentin State Prison for murdering four people in two 1979 holdups.

Hollywood stars and death penalty opponents mounted a campaign to save his life, making him one of the nation’s biggest death-row cause celebres in decades. His supporters argued that the founder of the murderous Crips gang had made amends during more than two decades in prison by writing a memoir and children’s books about the dangers of gangs.

Prosecutors and victims’ advocates contended Williams was undeserving of clemency from the governor because he did not own up to his crimes and refused to inform on fellow gang members. They also argued that the Crips gang that Williams co-founded in Los Angeles in 1971 is responsible for hundreds of deaths, many of them in battles with the rival Bloods for turf and control of the drug trade.

Williams is set to become the 12th California condemned inmate executed since lawmakers reinstated the death penalty in 1977 after a brief hiatus.

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down a clerk in a convenience store holdup and a mother, father and daughter in a motel robbery weeks later. Williams claimed he was innocent.

The last time a California governor granted clemency was in 1967, when Ronald Reagan spared a mentally infirm k!ller. Schwarzenegger — a Republican who has come under fire from members of his own party as too accommodating to liberals — rejected clemency twice before during his two years in office.

Less than 12 hours before the execution was set to take place, the 9th U.S. Circuit of Appeals said it would not intervene because, among other things, there was no “clear and convincing evidence of actual innocence.”

In his last-ditch appeal, Williams claimed that he should have been allowed to argue at his trial that someone else k!lled one of the four victims, and that shoddy forensics connected him to the other k!llings.

Williams was convicted of k!lling Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at a Los Angeles motel the family owned, and Albert Owens, 26, a 7-Eleven clerk gunned down in Whittier.

Celebrities f!ght for Williams
Among the celebrities who took up Williams’ cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in “Dead Man Walking”; Bianca Jagger; and former “M.A.S.H” star Mike Farrell. During Williams’ 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.

“If Stanley Williams does not merit clemency,” defense attorney Peter Fleming Jr. asked, “what meaning does clemency retain in this state?”

The impending execution resulted in feverish preparations over the weekend by those on both sides of the debate, with the California Highway Patrol planning to tighten security outside the prison, where hundreds of protesters were expected.

A group of about three dozen death penalty protesters were joined by the Rev. Jesse Jackson as they marched across the Golden Gate Bridge after dawn Monday en route to the gates of San Quentin, where they were expected to rally with hundreds of people.

At least publicly, the person apparently least occupied with his fate seemed to be Williams himself.

“Me fearing what I’m facing, what possible good is it going to do for me? How is that going to benefit me?” Williams said in a recent interview. “If it’s my time to be executed, what’s all the ranting and raving going to do?”

[WEBSITE LINK]
im gonna go punch me an austrian.
 12-12-2005, 02:48 PM         #9
kocaine187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dats sad man, whats an old man gonna do on the street, anyway arnold is the terminator
 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM         #10
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHAT WILL k!llING THIS MAN DO???!??

Yeah everyone mad... NOBODY wants their family/loved -ones to die, but this does NOT solve ANYTHING.... DO THEY THINK THIS IS "JUSTICE"? "REVENGE"? what a shame man... in such a so-called "modern" "CIVILISED" society, you STILL resort to k!lling a man... even when it looks like he's turned his life around...

:applause: :applause: I applaude your "justice system".......... :applause: :applause:
 12-12-2005, 02:56 PM         #11
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn this n*gga is as good as gone.... hope he make's peace with God b4 he exits the world...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM         #12
Soul Rebel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fare well tookie..
 12 years ago '04        #13
mr_underground|m 1967 heat pts1967
space
space
$22,758 | Props total: 28465 28465
smart move.....i knew he would do it. That sh*t is on the Japan news too lol

Last edited by mr_underground; 12-12-2005 at 03:03 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #14
fully_amazing 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,713 | Props total: 339 339
 str8_akademiks said:
damn... i thought he deserved clemency..

U cant connect all the deaths that all the crips caused to just tookie. sh*ts absurd. Theres thousands of gangs across north america and sh*t just spirals out of control sometimes.
As for the murders im not sure whether hes innocent or not.
I guess his real fate is in god's hands

Sorry to break the news to you, but yes he is. stop being so nieve, you might see it a.ss he's not because you might have enough sense not to be a follower. but everyone that followed him maybe just wanted to shine in his eyes. thats like saying that Hitler wasn't resposible for the deaths of all them jews??? If Hitler never Died and he had to stand in front of a Jury, would you really say, "don't k!ll him?"
 12 years ago '05        #15
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
if he was white they woulda granted him it
 12 years ago '04        #16
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
whats smart about k!llin tookie?
how can you judge him if you aint never know him?
and if the evidence was "shoddy" dont you think it's funny they didnt try to get the case re-opened? with all the advances in technology? their putting away old timers for sh*t they did decades ago because the new technology proved one way or another what they did [or didnt] do!

n*ggas sound dumb.

r.i.p tookie
the terminator is a muttering f*g**t....if he ever goes thru the hood he better take his own advice and .....

"GET DOOOOOOWN"
 12-12-2005, 03:14 PM         #17
stfukthnx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good.
 12 years ago '05        #18
fully_amazing 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,713 | Props total: 339 339
Its not about Judging but more about deterrence
 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM         #19
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What could u expect from The Terminator?

Last edited by Krazy K; 12-12-2005 at 05:01 PM..
 12-12-2005, 03:20 PM         #20
sexyprada 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am truly behooved..... For some reason or another I felt like Arnold Hatean*gga was gonna grant him the clemency! k!lling this man will prove nothing. His life should have been spared so he could continue his work!!!!! Judicial System Sucks!

God Bless Him!!!!!

"If we don't make earnest moves toward real solutions, then each day we move one day closer to revolution and anarchy in this country. This is the sad, and yet potentially joyous, state of America."

-Louis Farrakhan
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy