Dec 11 - massive racial fights in sydney, australia

most viewed right now
 130
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 121
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

crazy shit

Props Slaps
 12-11-2005, 08:16 AM         #1
10971 pageviews
317 comments


Connections 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 11 - massive racial f!ghts in sydney, australia
 

 
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Ethnic tensions erupted Sunday into running battles between police and a mob of thousands of youths, many chanting racial slurs, at a beachside suburb in southern Sydney.

At least three people were arrested and several injured in alcohol-fueled f!ghts. Television images showed police protecting an ambulance being pelted with beer bottles and a group of young women attacking another woman.

Other youths stamped on police vehicles and police officers fought back with batons and pepper spray.

The behavior, "is nothing short of disgusting and disgraceful," said Police a.ssistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin. It's certainly not the Australian way."

"What has been occurring on some fronts is that people of Middle Eastern backgrounds that have been seen in the Cronulla area, a swarm of the crowd has approached these people with vile abuse, in the most un-Australian way," Goodwin said. "We have a number of reports of persons that have been a.ssaulted."

A police spokesman commenting on usual condition of anonymity said three men, aged 16, 29 and 34 were arrested and were being questioned after f!ghts erupted among some 5,000 people who converged on Cronulla beach in southern Sydney.

Many youths were carrying beer bottles, waving Australian flags and chanting racist slogans following reports that youths of Lebanese descent were responsible for last week's attack on two of the beach's life guards.

Earlier this week police boosted the number of officers patrolling the beach after mobile phone text messages began circulating calling for retaliation for the attacks.

New South Wales political leader, Premier Morris Iemma, on Saturday warned police would deal with any trouble makers.

"Let there be no mistake -- if anyone comes to this beach on the weekend with the intention of causing trouble, the police will respond with the full force of the law to maintain order," Iemma said. "It's time for everyone involved in this to just calm down."

Islamic Friendship a.ssociation of Australia president Keysar Trad said the violence was "bound to happen" after callers to some talk radio shows whipped up ethnic tensions following the attacks last weekend.

"Sections of the media took this issue far too far and one can only surmise that the way (these) issues was dealt with on talk back radio amounts to incitement," Trad said.

He said the media turned a dispute between youths into an issue of ethnicity.

source


[pic - click to view]

 http://edition.cnn.com/20 .. .ap/index.html

317 comments for "Dec 11 - massive racial fights in sydney, australia"

 12-11-2005, 08:56 AM         #2
Bang  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Racism at it's finest.....France, Australia, just waiting for it to happen in Canada or US......
 12-11-2005, 03:17 PM         #3
Diyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Australia is really racist though, look at what they did to aborignes, at least other countries where they fu*ked up people they acknowldge it, nobody hears sh*t about the aborignes
 12-11-2005, 03:27 PM         #4
NoneyaB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
Australia is really racist though, look at what they did to aborignes, at least other countries where they fu*ked up people they acknowldge it, nobody hears sh*t about the aborignes
How you figure? The U.S. don't acknowledge sh*t about practically wiping Native Americans off the face of the earth.
 12-11-2005, 03:39 PM         #5
Diyo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoneyaB said:
How you figure? The U.S. don't acknowledge sh*t about practically wiping Native Americans off the face of the earth.

I thought about that as i was typing that actually, but im a bit sketchy on US history..

Was it not the early settlers that fu*ked up the Native Americans? And wasnt this in the 1700/1800s? I mean every on ewas an animal back then, slavery hadnt even gotten into full gear yet had it? So that kinda puts it in perspective. On the other hand in Australia we are talking less than 100 years ago, and attitudes towards remaining Aborignes in australia are still negative, whereas im sure this aint the same in the USA..
 12-11-2005, 03:45 PM         #6
NoneyaB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
I thought about that as i was typing that actually, but im a bit sketchy on US history..

Was it not the early settlers that fu*ked up the Native Americans? And wasnt this in the 1700/1800s? I mean every on ewas an animal back then, slavery hadnt even gotten into full gear yet had it? So that kinda puts it in perspective. On the other hand in Australia we are talking less than 100 years ago, and attitudes towards remaining Aborignes in australia are still negative, whereas im sure this aint the same in the USA..
Yeah it was the early settlers. And no, they hadn't brought slaves over yet. But there's so few native americans left, that nobody really cares about their situation. So I woudn't say there are negative attitudes, but only because people just don't really care about what happened to them.

But I thought the situation with the Aborigines went back further than 100 years. I might have been misinformed.
 12 years ago '04        #7
darkcrusader 
space
avatar space
space
$1,983 | Props total: 8 8
Its happening everywhere, the world is more divided now than ever b4
 12-11-2005, 04:17 PM         #8
mofro  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the article doesnt tell the full story though. this all happened because a group of "middle eastern" men beat up some lifeguards last week. and this tension has been brewing for years.
 12-11-2005, 04:20 PM         #9
DJT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darkcrusader said:
Its happening everywhere, the world is more divided now than ever b4
I disagree... we're just exposed to 500% more things (news reporting, internet access) than ever before... The world, on a whole, remains largely the same, we just know more.
 12-11-2005, 04:45 PM         #10
onxx309  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where your religious leaders at wit this ?
 12 years ago '04        #11
QBKinG 
space
avatar space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 3 3
 Diyo said:
Australia is really racist though, look at what they did to aborignes, at least other countries where they fu*ked up people they acknowldge it, nobody hears sh*t about the aborignes
word man...i know a girl who stayed in australia for a year and she was telling me how people only get FINED if they RUN OVER and k!ll aboriginal people who are caught walking on the side of the street. That sh*t is seriously fu*ked up.


Last edited by QBKinG; 12-11-2005 at 04:53 PM..
 12-11-2005, 05:25 PM         #12
swifty17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QBKinG said:
word man...i know a girl who stayed in australia for a year and she was telling me how people only get FINED if they RUN OVER and k!ll aboriginal people who are caught walking on the side of the street. That sh*t is seriously fu*ked up.
who eva told u that was full of sh*t
 12-11-2005, 06:15 PM         #13
keg_70  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, who the fu*k beats up life guards anyway and goes aroudn calling chickss.luts cuz they wearing a bikini, i got the message, i was gonna go but didn't.
 12-11-2005, 06:22 PM         #14
playon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoneyaB said:
Yeah it was the early settlers. And no, they hadn't brought slaves over yet. But there's so few native americans left, that nobody really cares about their situation. So I woudn't say there are negative attitudes, but only because people just don't really care about what happened to them.

But I thought the situation with the Aborigines went back further than 100 years. I might have been misinformed.
well australia as a nation is only 200 years old so it would go back to then with the aboriginals land being taken over by white europeans
 12-11-2005, 06:26 PM         #15
playon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and this is gonna get alot worse this is only the beggining sh*ts gonna hit the fan unfortunatley those lebs who beat up the lifegaurds are morons but the aussie guys who pelted police and even an ambulance arent any better
 12-11-2005, 06:29 PM         #16
keg_70  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]



heres a pic from it.
 12-11-2005, 06:35 PM         #17
nyykid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Diyo said:
Australia is really racist though, look at what they did to aborignes, at least other countries where they fu*ked up people they acknowldge it, nobody hears sh*t about the aborignes
we didnt really acknowledge it except for mock them making them mascots. There was some gold medalist in Sydney in womens track who was an aborigine.
 12-11-2005, 07:17 PM         #18
SlickR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
there inedntured servants(aka slaves) back then. and regardless of when it happened, the atrocities that white people have committed throughout US history to EVERY OTHER race still arent acknowledged today.

and lol@ saying everyone was animals back then. they were sophisticated enough to write laws, why wouldnt they be sophisticated enough to know that everyone is equal no matter what they look like.

greed fueled them back then, just like it does now.
Indentured Servants and Slaves are completely different things. Indentured Servants were eventually freed after a certain term, unlike slaves.
 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM         #19
Connections  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the lebonese party that started these f!ghts has struck back last night bu tourching 200 + cars, bashing 10 maby more people, running down cops.....sh*t is hetik I am scared to go into certian areas atm as its pretty fueled up...And I am not really classed as a "aussie" or a "lebonese" person
 12-11-2005, 07:56 PM         #20
MilesPrower  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 playon said:
and this is gonna get alot worse this is only the beggining sh*ts gonna hit the fan unfortunatley those lebs who beat up the lifegaurds are morons but the aussie guys who pelted police and even an ambulance arent any better
true.. I've been redaing that the aussies attacked women as well...


Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy