I gotta say this – Nas is The Best Storyteller Rap has Seen……

most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Better story telling rapper
Slick rick 26 21.49%
Nas 67 55.37%
Snoop 1 0.83%
Biggie 16 13.22%
Other 11 9.09%
Voters: 121. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #81
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$15,174 | Props total: 5430 5430
actually it's BOTH quality and quantity. i'm tired of seeing only one person post songs, and it was only about five joints....slick's career runs deeper than five or six story telling tracks. lemme see them.
 12-02-2005, 04:07 AM         #82
[[.f.r.e.$.h.]]  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...seriously though.

the WHOLE great adventures of slick rick album from beginning till the end is crazy.

but i'll post that "catalog" up whenever if u really think quantity > quality


Last edited by [[.f.r.e.$.h.]]; 12-02-2005 at 04:07 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #83
Llama Do 
space
space
space
$1,167 | Props total: 17 17
 Young Professa said:
actually it's BOTH quality and quantity. i'm tired of seeing only one person post songs, and it was only about five joints....slick's career runs deeper than five or six story telling tracks. lemme see them.

but ive just made your argument null and void. out of all those storytelling tracks listed, very few of them are actually any good. Immortal Technique has come out with like 4 or 5 storytelling tracks and each and every one of them is fire, Sticky Fingaz has a whole album telling a story and its fire. the quality of nas's storytelling tracks is not all that, and ive heard better.
 12 years ago '04        #84
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$15,174 | Props total: 5430 5430
 [[.f.r.e.$.h.]] said:
stan - eminem...?
if u really don't kno, just... a d!ckRIDER. obsessed over a rapper.


and i'll have that SLICK RICK catalog by tomorro, if someone doesn't do it before me... meanwhile, go get some slick rick songs off w/e, and tell me he isn't nice/creative.
first off, i never said slick wasn't creative. and if you read my opening reply you'll see that i acknowledged slick rick as one of the greatest story telling rappers to ever do it....he helped pioneer the movement. i'm simply saying nas took that foundation and revolutionized it, and it's too many young people on here just saying that slick's the best just cause that's what their dad told them growing up...fu*k outta here. but i never disrepected slick in any way


and btw i know stan was the reference to eminem's song, but i want to know from YA'LL what's your definition of a stan. i see that word float arouind here too much on boxden and i just don't get it. i listen to waaaaay more artist than just nas, but he is my favorite rapper. is that a crime?
 12 years ago '04        #85
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$15,174 | Props total: 5430 5430
 Llama Do said:
but ive just made your argument null and void. out of all those storytelling tracks listed, very few of them are actually any good.
i stopped reading your post after that. your argument is now null and void to me....
 12-02-2005, 04:16 AM         #86
natyfatsax  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree Nas is a great storyteller but I definitely wouldn't point to Rewind as one of his superior tracks. While yes it's cool because it was done backwards the story is awful. If you want the best Nas story track you gotta go to the unreleased "Blaze a 50" that made it onto his Lost Tapes album. Now that is the track right there.....
 12 years ago '05        #87
Llama Do 
space
space
space
$1,167 | Props total: 17 17
 Young Professa said:
i stopped reading your post after that. your argument is now null and void to me....
i made 3 collections of hip hop storytelling tracks here
tell me that the Nas song on each collection is the best one out of them all


Last edited by Llama Do; 12-02-2005 at 05:01 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #88
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
2pac's Brenda got a baby>............
 12-02-2005, 05:26 AM         #89
peek.one  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh man, some people are seriously fu*king retard on here. nas ain't got sh*t on big, and if you think otherwise; you're ignorant. nobody told strories like big. nobody.
 12-02-2005, 05:29 AM         #90
Thistle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
immortal technique does lmao dance with the devil, peruvian coke etc.
 12 years ago '04        #91
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$15,174 | Props total: 5430 5430
 peek.one said:
oh man, some people are seriously fu*king retard on here. nas ain't got sh*t on big, and if you think otherwise; you're ignorant. nobody told strories like big. nobody.
^^^ sorry, i'm just as much of a big fan if not bigger than you, and you're wrong. big is an exeptional stoy teller, but hs is not on par with nas. not in that aspect of storytelling...he's about on the same level as jay-z


Last edited by Young Professa; 12-02-2005 at 05:32 AM..
 12-02-2005, 05:55 AM         #92
peek.one  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Professa said:
^^^ sorry, i'm just as much of a big fan if not bigger than you, and you're wrong. big is an exeptional stoy teller, but hs is not on par with nas. not in that aspect of storytelling...he's about on the same level as jay-z


they have they're seperate styles, but i feel that big delivers something you can actually see in your mind. it's like a movie. he descibes more than nas, goes into more detail, explains a lot more about certain aspects. big tells it like a movie.
 12-02-2005, 07:09 AM         #93
words  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't sleep on Aesop Rock when it comes to Story Telling
 12-02-2005, 09:07 AM         #94
Mr.12Gauge  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why ISNT Rakim on tha List?
 12 years ago '04        #95
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 [[.f.r.e.$.h.]] said:
...

any slick rick album has at least 6 dope storytellin tracks.

GREAT ADVENTURES OF SLICK RICK was dominant

treat her like a prostitute, moment i fear, kit, children's story, mona lisa, lodi dodi, teacher teacher, who rotten'em, 2 way street... just to name some.

just goes to show ppl just haven't heard slick's sh*t except CHILDREN'S STORY, LODI DODI, THE SHOW, MONA LISA.



seems like u haven't heard too many slick rick songs urself.
how u gonna compare two rappers when u've heard barely anything by one?
THAT's d!ckriding, when u don't even have a complete perspective on a subject, and yet u still root for ur favorite rapper blindly.

and just kuz nas has a bunch of storytellin songs, some mediocre, some amazing, makes him THE best story teller of all time?

slick rick WOULD have more if he wasn't sent to jail after his first album. so how u gonna take that and put that against him? nas got way more albums than slick do, so the fact that he has 20 story songs or w/e isn't even an issue.
Why would I make an arguement against myself??

You need to be the one telling me why and naming Slick's songs I'm not going to when I feel Nas is better. Slick's song are elementary compared to NaS sh*t lyrically, granted Slick has a little more style with his. But I think NaS is better it's my opinion.
 12 years ago '04        #96
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 Llama Do said:
Veno da Don, heres my response to your list:


Rewind - Wack story, only reason u guys get all moist about it is because its told backwards. big deal, he stole the idea from that movie so its not like hes some innovator.
Blaze a 50 - wack
Undying Love - hot, but ive heard better
Drunk By Myself - never heard it and i got all his albums and the lost tapes, therefore it mustve been so wack i dont remember it
I Gave you Power - hot, but Pac's version was better with his referring to his girlfriend and gun at the same time
Last Words its a hot song, but it aint storytelling
One Love nothing mind boggling about it
Get Down starts off okay but then he loses me...EVERYTIME
The Setup not gonna lie, its good
Black Girl Lost WACK WACK WACK WACK
If I Ruled the World not storytelling
Money Is My bi*ch see above, PLUS, Sticky's was better
Shoot Em' Up no doubt this is hot
Big Girl i like it, but theres nothing great about the story
2nd Childhood ok
Destroy and Rebuild u gotta be kidding me right?
What Goes Around see "If I Ruled the World"
Poppa Was a Player very simplistic
Fetus probably my favourite Nas song
Last Real n*gga Alive sucks a.ss
Dance See "If i Ruled the World"
pu**y k!llz see drunk by myself
Live Now absolute garbage, Sekou's Story & Live Now is pure trash. hes so confusing
U.B.R nothing great about this
Getting Married ye i like this one, but once again its nothing great about it
Me and You see "if i ruled the world"


Your opinion just when right out the Window.

First "Drunk By Myself" was on Lost Tapes and it's classic.

pu**y k!llz was on God Son Bonus disc (You probably don't own a retail so I see why you haven't heard this)

** Jay-Z** "Do you listen to music or do you just skim thru it??"

I don't argue with bias people you are an obvious hater "Rewind" is the most CREATIVE HIP-HOP TRACK EVER!! And Dance with the Devil is nice but I can name 6 or 7 tracks I listed from NaS that are better.

How is Blaze a 50 wack?? That sh*t is better then Dance with The Devil you get 2 endings on one track the sh*t is sick.

"Last Words" is the same as "I Gave You Power" but he's rapping as a jail how is that not a story?? I can go on and on about what you said but whatever.

Son you obviously don't LISTEN TO MUSIC so there is no point in being in this conversation.
 12 years ago '05        #97
bigbadblu1914 
space
avatar space
space
$671 | Props total: 0 0
 Llama Do said:
Veno da Don, heres my response to your list:


Rewind - Wack story, only reason u guys get all moist about it is because its told backwards. big deal, he stole the idea from that movie so its not like hes some innovator.
Blaze a 50 - wack
Undying Love - hot, but ive heard better
Drunk By Myself - never heard it and i got all his albums and the lost tapes, therefore it mustve been so wack i dont remember it
I Gave you Power - hot, but Pac's version was better with his referring to his girlfriend and gun at the same time
Last Words its a hot song, but it aint storytelling
One Love nothing mind boggling about it
Get Down starts off okay but then he loses me...EVERYTIME
The Setup not gonna lie, its good
Black Girl Lost WACK WACK WACK WACK
If I Ruled the World not storytelling
Money Is My bi*ch see above, PLUS, Sticky's was better
Shoot Em' Up no doubt this is hot
Big Girl i like it, but theres nothing great about the story
2nd Childhood ok
Destroy and Rebuild u gotta be kidding me right?
What Goes Around see "If I Ruled the World"
Poppa Was a Player very simplistic
Fetus probably my favourite Nas song
Last Real n*gga Alive sucks a.ss
Dance See "If i Ruled the World"
pu**y k!llz see drunk by myself
Live Now absolute garbage, Sekou's Story & Live Now is pure trash. hes so confusing
U.B.R nothing great about this
Getting Married ye i like this one, but once again its nothing great about it
Me and You see "if i ruled the world"
U ABSOLUTLEY SUCK... :finger: :banghead: :thumbsdow :banghead:
 12 years ago '04        #98
Djkommish6 
space
avatar space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
Biggie don't NEVER beat NAS...I will put ANY 3 Songs up against big and nas will win hands down!!!!!!!
 12 years ago '04        #99
Djkommish6 
space
avatar space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
who is tha Llama do kat, he is krazy as hell...
 12 years ago '05        #100
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
BIGGIE - I got a story to tell

king of story tellers
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
225 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
The Chronic vs Aquemini (For A Friend)
45 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy