Dead Prez is the MOST IMPORTANT group in hip hop still they can’t get signed…

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
77 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #81
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 275 275
 tweedle- said:
LMFAO So because your both black a white person is gonna be scared of you both?
Yes if you was in B-more you'll be scared if i walked up on you with some of the fellas i know you listen to hip-hop pimp but that don't make you hard.
 11-30-2005, 02:00 PM         #82
Billy_Blanko  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, this whole argument went to sh*t in a hurry. I would like to see some lyrical proof that Dead Prez are "racist," because I suspect many people do not have an understanding of what racism is. The very fact that Dead Prez are not signed and are a marginal voice in a marginal community means that by definition that they cannot be racist, because essentially they are powerless. Now, that being said, even if people want to argue that they are racially prejudiced, I still would like to see some strong evidence of this.
 11-30-2005, 02:04 PM         #83
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
Yes if you was in B-more you'll be scared if i walked up on you with some of the fellas i know you listen to hip-hop pimp but that don't make you hard.
If anyone rolled up on me in a group no matter what colour then Im gonna be worried but someones skin colour doesnt make me more scared of them, I dont care where they come from thats just stupid.
 12 years ago '04        #84
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 tweedle- said:
If anyone rolled up on me in a group no matter what colour then Im gonna be worried but someones skin colour doesnt make me more scared of them, I dont care where they come from thats just stupid.
Naw i'm talking about just 2 people LOL!!!!
 11-30-2005, 02:07 PM         #85
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
Naw i'm talking about just 2 people LOL!!!!
It still wouldnt matter if they black, white, latino, asian. Skin colour wouldnt make me more scared of someone.
 12 years ago '04        #86
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 Billy_Blanko said:
Man, this whole argument went to sh*t in a hurry. I would like to see some lyrical proof that Dead Prez are "racist," because I suspect many people do not have an understanding of what racism is. The very fact that Dead Prez are not signed and are a marginal voice in a marginal community means that by definition that they cannot be racist, because essentially they are powerless. Now, that being said, even if people want to argue that they are racially prejudiced, I still would like to see some strong evidence of this.
That's what i've been saying give me a Quote damn it!!!!!!
 11-30-2005, 02:11 PM         #87
PTL3rdpersonPGC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@arguing about who's blacker and what makes a person black like there's a handbook to this sh*t. Either you are or you arent :rolleyes:
 12 years ago '04        #88
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
 PTL3rdpersonPGC said:
@arguing about who's blacker and what makes a person black like there's a handbook to this sh*t. Either you are or you arent :rolleyes:
I agree 100% with you. Thats what I've been trying to tell dude, but he doesn't want to listen to reason. In his mind I'm a "house n*gga" just because I don't worship the ground that Dead Prez walks on. sh*t is weak as hell.
 12 years ago '05        #89
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
 YoungGotti-UK said:
fu*k that, i got all of dead prez's albums and im white.. true they may have some racist views but they still dropp hot sh*t and ill continue to buy there material

I´ll come down to co-sign

except that I didn´t buy it
 12 years ago '05        #90
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
Remember, I never called them racist ;), and I don't think they are. I just don't agree with this.

Would you be ready for civil war/Could you take the life of somebody you know/or have feelings for if necessary?/I got cousins in the military/but far as i'm concerned they died when they registered

For me, blood is blood, I won't disown someone if they are in the military, even if I hate them. I just don't feel this line.
 12 years ago '04        #91
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
lol white people hate to hear DP tell the truth but love to hear song were blacks are k!lling each other. They want to hear us call each other n*ggas and hear us call our women hoes. But if a rapper talks about how the systems is then they hate it.
 12 years ago '05        #92
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
^I dont think you realize how much white people does support their music. Rather they disagree or not. Go to one of their shows, you still got loads of white people in the crowd.
 11-30-2005, 03:00 PM         #93
Billy_Blanko  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pwayne said:
^I dont think you realize how much white people does support their music. Rather they disagree or not. Go to one of their shows, you still got loads of white people in the crowd.
singing every word too, haha. I went to a show in Minneapolis and I was one of very few black people in a packed club.
 12 years ago '04        #94
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
 YoungGotti-UK said:
fu*k that, i got all of dead prez's albums and im white.. true they may have some racist views but they still dropp hot sh*t and ill continue to buy there material
you're an exception though. if someone drops a cd telling you that basically your race is the cause of most of there problems, even if it's the truth, you're not gonna want to hear it. dead prez can go a little overboard sometimes, btu they generally spit the truth and alot of it is harsh realities, so feelings are going to get hurt. it just comes with the territory. and as much as people complain about other artists making club hits, how are you gonna knock other artists for expanding their mass appeal? you've got your deep, thoughtful music, your chill out music, your get crunk music, your dancing music, your boo loving music, etc. i'm not gonna be in the club dancing to immortal's Peruvian cocaine, or fu*king my girl listening to dead prez's Walk Like A Warrior(then again, maybe) but the point is that there market is very small and they are a hard sell. i think they should get their exposure and have there shot at success liek everyone else, but i can understand why they're not signed by a major
 12 years ago '04        #95
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
 Killakane said:
I agree that they are an important group but I think that the problem with them getting their message across sucessfully is that their music ain't all that dope! Public Enemy were sucessful because they had beats and rhymes too ill to ignore. Dead Prez are average MC's with lackluster production!
damnit if he aint speaking the truth. their production is usually god awful, and they aren't the nicest MCs. that's why at least among the white people i know, Mos Def and Talib Kweli, and Immortal Technique are more popular(yeah the white people that i do a.ssociate with keep it hood. my Philly white boys, and girls STAND UP!).and yeah, i am black btw
 12 years ago '04        #96
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 Jai-O said:
Remember, I never called them racist ;), and I don't think they are. I just don't agree with this.

Would you be ready for civil war/Could you take the life of somebody you know/or have feelings for if necessary?/I got cousins in the military/but far as i'm concerned they died when they registered

For me, blood is blood, I won't disown someone if they are in the military, even if I hate them. I just don't feel this line.
What the fu*k are you taking about?
 12 years ago '04        #97
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 Mysonne said:
lol white people hate to hear DP tell the truth but love to hear song were blacks are k!lling each other. They want to hear us call each other n*ggas and hear us call our women hoes. But if a rapper talks about how the systems is then they hate it.
Real fu*king Talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 12 years ago '05        #98
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
Mysonne
How is this real talk? Theres no proven fact behind this besides a speculation. After all, if you do believe thats the truth, then its not white peoples fault that black rappers are making those type of songs.
 12 years ago '04        #99
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 pwayne said:
How is this real talk? Theres no proven fact behind this besides a speculation. After all, if you do believe thats the truth, then its not white peoples fault that black rappers are making those type of songs.
lol whites always saying truth is speculation. Anyway you try to speak against it. Everybody know that's what sell(black on black crime). It's why Dead Prez isnt selling. That's not speculation that's fact. Plus your jumping off subject, I never said it's whites fault. You just speculated that. But believe whites do influence what's being marketed due to fact they are the number one CONSUMERS of hip hop music. I just stating what's real,

THE FACT IS IN RECORD SALES

Last edited by Mysonne; 11-30-2005 at 06:42 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #100
Jai-O 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 0 0
 m_cullins said:
What the fu*k are you taking about?
You asked me to post something they sang that I didn't agree with, and I did. I don't see whats the problem really.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
59 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
103 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
114 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy