Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11-30-2005, 01:01 PM         #41
SlavCultureKing 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good post. I remember GOD SON went plat in ONE MONTH. That was crazy
I never was feeling jay like that (I was a fan of his OLD style) but I own all of Nas' albums
 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM         #42
Ameen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It just shows, the best artists always sell less
 11-30-2005, 01:43 PM         #43
theMIGHTYbg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont get it, are those first year? first week? from release to now? or what

only reason vol 2 sold that much is cuz of the crazy single he had the whole world singin that sh*t
 11-30-2005, 01:47 PM         #44
master467 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Iono, to me, kinda crazy when people say these 2 in particular are one of the greatest MC's of all time, you'd think their albums would be in the high muiltiples of millions
^^^^^ REAL TALK./.
 12 years ago '05        #45
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 Jamaro85 said:
Here we go again. You are saying that you expect the greatest to be hailed by all of America? You know damn well that America doesn't hail real hip-hop music. They hail what rap has brought to the pop culture.

So you say that to be the greatest you have to sell millions upon millions?
I think he's more or less trying to imply what they deserve, and that they fail to receive the sales that they deserve to have.
 12 years ago '05        #46
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
 Datruth345 said:
when its a double disc doesnt it count as selling 2?...so i s that 464 double or 464 has already been doubled....know what im tryin to say...just curious
Usually, but it has to be over a cetain time aswell. Like for instance it might have to be 2cd and 100 minutes longs, whereas nas' was below the time, which makes sense, because the first time i listened to the cd, i was like wtf im sure this could nearly fit on 1 cd.
 12 years ago '05        #47
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
 illphil said:
fu*k no way. lost tapes was like.. his 2nd best album.
wheres stillmatic?!
i swear stillmatic when plat x2 or summink?.
yup, lost tapes in one of the best cds ever IMO, has no songs that i dislike, second to illmatic on my list of favourite nas cds.
 12 years ago '04        #48
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5479 5479
 aug2nyc said:
Exaclty....but you gotta consider tha folks that only buy bootlegs...not only tha folks that are too cheap to buy their own but the broke ones with five dollars not fifteen that buy bootlegs. I know a lot of people with the bootlegs of most of these CDs. My sister almost bought all of them. I know I downloaded some of them myself so there goes a few sells out the window. NOw think about all the folks that my situation applies to and it's like 50/50 half buying retail and half downloading. Might be even more downloading but sh*t I ain't do any research.
glad you made that point, especially the albums released in the 90's before computer downloading took over. n*ggas was copping bootlegs off the streets and getting dubs from their friends. those numbers dosen't reflect how many people have their albums, just who actually PAID for them.
 12 years ago '04        #49
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5479 5479
and plus a successful hip hop album was never considered successful or a dissapointment because of sound scan sales. since when did we became so obessed with "first week numbers" anyway?
 12 years ago '04        #50
yeahbaby 
space
space
$516 | Props total: 0 0
 youngTRACE817 said:
lol at nas street disciple, Street's Disciple/464,522/2004. that trash didn't even go gold.

Those Numbers was as of January '05. Streets' Disciple came out on November 30th, 2005. So by now he should be plat. Without the bubble yum rap that you care about.
 11-30-2005, 03:57 PM         #51
True Geniu$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 habib said:
Street's Disciple/464,522/2004

am i the only 1 who thought this album deserved a platinum plaque
nope. it was a very nice cd, but i think if it was just the first disk, it would have atleast gone platnium cause just a moment was getting spins hard. many people didn't like the second disk. i didn't at first, but now after a few spins, i understand it. many people hate that real rap and he took a risk putting a record like that out. props to nas for taking a risk...
 11-30-2005, 03:59 PM         #52
True Geniu$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egocrusher said:
i'm surprised that It Was Written sold the most out of all of Nas' stuff

i would've thought it was Stillmatic
hate me now imo did that for him. and if i ruled the world. both songs got major exposure...
 11-30-2005, 04:44 PM         #53
RVDondaPC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas is a top three artist of mine and I only (technically) bought his SD album. So sales don't mean sh*t. Artist don't even make most of their money off sales do they? I'm sure Nas got more money from me buying his concert ticket than he did coping his album. So I say let me bootleg your sh*t so when you come to town I can afford to help sell out the building for you.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago