Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
mace999 
space
space
$958 | Props total: 0 0
Gunshot

Members
Q-Roc, MC Mercury, MC Alkaline, DJ White Child Rix, Barry Blue

Biography

Gunshot were a British hip hop group formed by MC Mercury, MC Alkaline, Q-Roc and DJ White Child Rix.
[edit]

History

They released their debut single "Battle Creek Brawl" (Vinyl Solution, 1990) to some acclaim, which was followed swiftly by the single "No Sell Out/Crime Story" (Vinyl Solution, 1991). Both singles were well received within the hip hop scene, but following this release Q-Roc left the group to join Son of Noise under the name Curoc. Mercury, Alkaline and White Child Rix continued with the group, releasing a succession of singles in 1991/1992 that soon cemented them a place as one of the leaders of the UK Hip Hop scene. Their style was hardcore and fast, quickly coming to be considered - along with groups such as Hijack - the defining style of the genre.

One of their releases in this period was "Killing Season/Nobody Move" (Vinyl Solution, 1992), which was the first of their tunes to feature guest vocals from the rapper Barry Blue. Blue continued to provide guest vocals on some tracks for the group right up until their final album, as well as releasing the White Child Rix produced "The Story Begins . . . EP" (Move, 1994) as a solo artist. Unfortunately, his solo career never took off.

The reception of Gunshot's first singles was good, and demand was soon growing for an album. The group released the seminal album Patriot Games, which soon became regarded as one of the defining albums of the British hip hop scene. More singles followed, including "Color Code" (Vinyl Solution, 1994) which featured remixes by Depth Charge - repaying the favour of Alkaline rapping for them on the "Depth Charge vs Silver Fox" (Silver Fox Records, 1991) single.

A second album was anticipated, and indeed the group were working on it for Vinyl Solution. However, there were problems and the album was never released. Instead, Vinyl Solution released a compilation of the highlights of the group's singles to date. This marked the end of Gunshot's a.ssociation with Vinyl Solution, and the group went underground. They communicated with their fans via their now defunct website whilst they worked on getting a new record deal.

The fruits of this were another single and a new album - Twilights Last Gleaming (Words of Warning, 1997), which was well received but led to another long period away from the limelight as they worked on producing their second album - International Rescue (Words of Warning, 2000) - from the ground up. Again, the album was well received but failed to ignite the scene in the way that their earlier work did. Most notable on the album was the track "The English Patient", which included guest spots from some of the founding father's of the British scene - Blade, MC Mell'O', Huntkillbury Finn, Chester P and Icepick. The song bemoaned the current state of the British scene - at a time when new artists were starting to come up and get recognition nationwide.

The album was billed as Gunshot's final album even before it was released, and the group made good on that promise. In recent years, Alkaline has been guesting on tracks by artists such as Junior Disprol and Aspects. There is still hope within the scene that the group will reform, although as yet there is no sign of it happening.

Discography

12"
Battle Creek Brawl "Vinyl Solution" 1990
Crime Story "Vinyl Solution" 1991
Clear From Present Danger "Vinyl Solution" 1991
Killing Season "Vinyl Solution" 1991
To Those Who Deserve It "Vinyl SOlution" 1992
Children Of A Dying Breed "Vinyl SOlution" 1992
Mind Of A Razor "Vinyl SOlution" 1994
Colour Code "Vinyl Solution" 1994
Ghetto Heartbeat "Words Of Warning" 1997

Lp's
Patriot Games "Vinyl SOlution" 1993
The Singles "Vinyl Solution" 1994
Twilights Last Gleaming "Words Of Warning" 1997
Imternational Warning "Words Of Warning" 2000

Go here for snippets
 11 years ago '04        #42
mace999 
space
space
$958 | Props total: 0 0
Black Radical Mk II

Biography

Black Radical Mk II is a British hip hop artist from South London, real name Felix Joseph (born 1971). He was one of the pioneers of the British scene, releasing his first single in 1987 and continuing to release records until 1998. He is most well known for his strident political views, which he often used as the basis for his records.

Black Radical was born in South London in 1971, and was inspired by Public Enemy's unflincing political stance to start making his own music. This resulted in him releasing his first single, We Outta Here/B.Boys Be Wise (Independent, 1987), at a time when the British hip hop scene was just starting to produce some of its greats. Black Radical moved to 2-Bone records to release Monsoon (2-Bone, 1989) before signing with UK label Mango Records. This lead to the release of the landmark single Rippin' Up The Industry (Mango Records, 1990) in which Black Radical let rip at the practices of the UK record industry - a typically uncompromising move from an artist who had just moved to one of the UK's biggest hip hop record labels.

Two further singles and his debut album followed: The Undiluted Truth: A Black Man's Leviathan (Mango Records, 1991) is widely regarded as Black Radical's best album and showcases his political and religious views. The song Sumarli expresses his belief that black men and women should only date members of their own race, whilst Sign of the Beast details an apocalyptical vision and makes reference to the Nation of Islam's belief that the white man was created out of genetic experiments on black men carried out by the scientist Yakub. The album was popular, but Black Radical's views also caused angry reaction from many people - including his own record company, who unceremoniously dropped the artist after the album was released.

Black Radical took three years before he released his next single, This Iz War (Copasetic Records, 1993), which was a response to the Roland Adams murder. An album - Double Edged Sword: The Pre LP (Black Foundation, 1995) - followed, but whilst the artist's delivery and lyrics were still up to their old standard, the album failed to achieve the same success of his debut. The move to a small, independent record label and the widespread collapse of the British hip hop scene were partly to blame in keeping the record from its audience, although equally it has been suggested that the music and production missed the attention of the Mango producers.

Again, Black Radical moved labels before releasing his final (to date) album, Khaos & Konfusion: The Spell of Leviathan (Blueprint Records, 1998). As before, this album failed to relaunch Black Radical's career and since then, the artist has gone underground again.

Discography

12"
We Outta Here "Indepedent" 1987
Monsoon "2 The Bone" 1989
Rippin Up The Industry "Mango Records" 1990
Sumarli "Mango Records" 1990
Sign Of The Beast "Mango Records" 1991
This Is War "Copasetic Records" 1993
Dreadlox "Blueprint Records" 1998

Lp's
The Undiluted Truth "Mango Records" 1991
Double Edged Sword "Black Foundation" 1995
Khaos & Konfusion "Blueprint Records" 1998

Listen to snippets here
 10-13-2006, 07:05 AM         #43
tha sasquatch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
and I have never heard sasquatch mention some of them

disgust
yeah but the difference is blitzy i own records & albums by all of them apart from the mighty ethnics

mace999 said:
Yeah this thread is nice, made me get some info about new Uk artists that have been released since I left London 6 years ago to live in Bangkok.

Be good to get some Old School Uk artists in here though, teach the youngens out there what we listened too in the late 80's early 90's

Hijack --Done
Gunshot --Done
Mighty Ethnics --Done
Black Radical Mk II
Caveman --Done
Silver Bullet
Overlord X
Mc Merlin
Sindecut
Katch 22
X Posse
Bush k!lla
Kobalt 60
Blade
Mc Duke
Derek B (lol, first uk artists at #1)
Cookie Crew
She Rockers
Wee Papa Girl Rappers (lol)

Anyway, I know people are gonna say you forgot this one or trhat one, without helping with the thread, so I'll try slowly to do some myself of these older UK artists

help away mate that is the whole point of this thread

and u missed
einstein
rebel mc
killa instinct
the brother hood
outlaw posse
mc mello

& we've both no doubt missed more

good to have another old skool uk breh onboard
britcore will never die
 10-13-2006, 07:10 AM         #44
tha sasquatch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mace999 said:

Also if anyone has a video of them performing "The Syndicate Is Outta Jail" live on a BBC 2 Normski show, where they remixed it using an Above The Law beat, please up it for me ....

Oh and how the fu*k do you post pics ??? I would have put up some pics but don't know how !?!
wow u rember the live thing too haha i need that as well supreme has some nice clips on his site but not that 1

pics use [ img] [ /img] remove the spaces

oh & u forgot

hijack aka mr pink & mr blonde - death before dishonour / payin the price
hijack aka mr pink & mr blonde - jamaican crimewave
hijack - the original horns of jericho / the soundtrack
 10-17-2006, 07:28 PM         #45
agentorang3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big up all that supported this thread ^^
 10-19-2006, 12:22 PM         #46
jackson-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
le hip hop quebecois c de la merde, les beat sont trop pourri ya pas de bon producteur et les textes manque de richesse en majorité

beaucoup de bonne chose l'autre bord de l'atlantique en france
 10-19-2006, 01:56 PM         #47
tha sasquatch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
english to u speak it muthafu*ker ?
 03-06-2007, 05:16 PM         #48
rekless  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice one bruv for all the uk heads, you americans out there you need to stand up and recognize the uk game right now its fu*kin white hot man
I think you forgot some important ones like
Social misfits
57th Dynasty

I love Klashnikof man mad fu*kin raw style
 03-10-2007, 01:54 AM         #49
tha sasquatch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ mate u wanna add some go ahead that is the point of this thread
 05-22-2007, 01:39 AM         #50
play107  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
isn't this why we have the jukebox????
 05-25-2007, 06:39 AM         #51
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 play107 said:
isn't this why we have the jukebox????
The jukebox is where you download music, this is more a thread to give people information on the UK scene.

I'm sure if this thread was and introduction to Oz hip hop you wouldn't be making such a stupid fu*king post
 05-26-2007, 07:16 AM         #52
MJH84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm new here come from London thought I would add kano to your thread - he is arguably Grime and not Hip Hop but feel he deserves a mention, ripped this off the web - general info and history on him -

Kane Brett Robinson (born 21 May 1985 in East Ham, London), better known as Kano, is a British rapper. His grandparents came to the United Kingdom as immigrants from Jamaica. He is signed to 679 Recordings and is a stablemate of The Streets. He was also a key member in East London’s N.A.S.T.Y. Crew. However, since being signed to 679 recordings he has left N.A.S.T.Y Crew.

In his early teens Kano attended Langdon Comprehensive School in East Ham, where his mother still works. Kano was a promising footballer, representing Chelsea F.C., Junior Hammers and Norwich City by the age of thirteen, but in the end he abandoned his sporting ambitions in favour of a musical career.

His first track was "Boys love Girls". Kano first became known on the UK grime scene for his work with his original group, N.A.S.T.Y Crew. From this springboard he was signed as a solo artist and began work on his debut solo album.

Home Sweet Home
In 2004, Kano was approached by Hugo Boss to model for their Spring/Summer collection, but declined due to recording and touring commitments. Shortly afterwards Kano released his debut solo single, "P's & Q's", as a 12" vinyl only release, which was a massive underground hit, marking Kano out as a rising star.

Kano released his second single, "Typical Me", his first full single release. "Typical Me" became a considerable hit, reaching #22 in the UK Singles Charts. It remains Kano's highest charting single to date. The third single, "Remember Me", fared less well in the charts, only reaching #71. Two weeks later, on June 27, 2005, Kano's highly anticipated debut album Home Sweet Home was released. The week his album was released, it was the highest new entry, debuting inside the UK top 40 at #36. In September 2005, the fourth single "Nite Nite" was released, featuring Leo the Lion and The Streets. "Nite Nite" hit #25 in the UK charts, spending six weeks altogether on the top 75. Shortly after the release of "Nite Nite", a promotional video for "Reload It", which featured live performance clips and backstage footage, was released to UK video station, Channel U to promote the album further. In December 2005, Kano released a remixed version of album track "Nobody Don't Dance No More" featuring new artist Katie Pearl, as a download-only single. The track was also featured as a b-side on CD: 2 of "Nite Nite". On March 13 2006 Kano released the fifth and final single from the album, a double A-side of "Brown Eyes" and "Signs In Life". The single was released on a vinyl format only, and included a free sticker, which made it ineligible for chart inclusion.

Home Sweet Home was a great critical success, from across the British press, most notably The Independent and The Observer, two of the UK's major newspapers. Many artists in the UK and in America have expressed positive views of the album, including Busta Rhymes, Nas, RZA, Jay-Z, Andre 3000 and Chuck D of Public Enemy.

Towards the end of 2005, Kano released a mixtape, Beats & Bars, which is currently only available at his concerts. On The 23rd of March Kano performed at the Anson Rooms in Bristol for the MTV2 Spanking New Music along with JME, N-Dubz and Unklejam. He performed various tracks such as "London Town", "P's & Q's", "Brown Eyes", "Me & My Mic" and various tracks from the new mixtape. The show will be brodcasted on MTV from 27-29th April. Kano confirmed on the show that he has begun work on his new album entitled "London Town", which is earmarked for release in July of 2007. It has been confirmed on the The Album Chart Show that Kano is working with Gorillaz member Damon Albarn, formerly of Blur & Kate Nash for his new album.[citation needed] Kano recently released his new mixtape named Kano's Mixtape it consists of 17 tracks and is going to be released on the 14th of April 2007

In 2005, Kano was nominated for 4 MOBO (Music of Black Origin) Awards, winning the award for Best Newcomer. He also won an award at the first Channel U "Best of British" Awards. On New Years Eve 2005, Kano was announced as one of "London's Heroes of 2005" by Mayor of London Ken Livingstone. He was also nominated for a BRIT Award for Best Urban Act in January 2006. Kano made a small cameo appearance in the new British film, Rolling With The Nines.

Kano is the cousin of Charlton Athletic footballer Jonathan Fortune.
Kano has confirmed that he is a playable character in the upcoming Def Jam: Icon.

Last edited by MJH84; 05-26-2007 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: spelling error
 05-27-2007, 08:15 PM         #53
play107  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
The jukebox is where you download music, this is more a thread to give people information on the UK scene.

I'm sure if this thread was and introduction to Oz hip hop you wouldn't be making such a stupid fu*king post
no, just us ozzies are smart enuff to do this in the jukebox , if u had clicked my link in2 the oz hip-hop thread u wouldn't be making such a fu*king stupid post
 05-28-2007, 04:58 AM         #54
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 play107 said:
no, just us ozzies are smart enuff to do this in the jukebox , if u had clicked my link in2 the oz hip-hop thread u wouldn't be making such a fu*king stupid post
Firstly, putting this in the jukebox isn't smart because it doesn't belong there.

Secondly, smart enough? Your countries average IQ says otherwise.

Now carry on whining and being mad, wah wah wah, wan't your fu*king bottle?
 06-05-2007, 01:09 AM         #55
play107  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Firstly, putting this in the jukebox isn't smart because it doesn't belong there.

Secondly, smart enough? Your countries average IQ says otherwise.

Now carry on whining and being mad, wah wah wah, wan't your fu*king bottle?
yet your f*g**t arse comes over to MY thread and uses it that way , the fu*k??? you are RETARDED!!!!!!
 06-05-2007, 09:57 AM         #56
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 play107 said:
yet your f*g**t arse comes over to MY thread and uses it that way , the fu*k??? you are RETARDED!!!!!!
Are you mentally ill? There's a difference between a thread introducing you to the UK scene and artists, and a thread for requesting AUS music.

One is for requesting music, one is for explanation on a certain countries music scene... Get it? Or can't you see the vast difference between the 2 threads with your feeble mind?
 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM         #57
DBLOCK1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k The Aussies And Ure Aussie Hip Hop, Play107 Seems 2 Be Hating Alot On The UK, fu*kin Idiot
 06-24-2007, 08:41 PM         #58
ShottyG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
figured to add this:

Plan B

[pic - click to view]

Plan B both currently lives and was raised in Forest Gate East London. From the age of 11 Plan B attended Anglo European School in Ingatestone, Ess3x, before transferring to Tom Hood School in Leyton, London. He is signed to 679 Recordings, home to fellow UK rapper The Streets. His unique sound is characterised by his use of acoustic beats and lyrics involving drugs, r*pe, murder and underage s3x. He was placed fourth in the BBC's "Sound of 2006" competition.

His controversial lyrical content delivered against melodic guitar strumming has seen him dubbed "The British Eminem", or "Eminem meets Louisa Lawrie Damien Rice", but he says he is "just telling a story" and that he is "just trying to portray something that's real that happens in everyday life". These stories are largely semi-fictional but include personal content as well. Inspired by the murder of 10-year-old Damilola Taylor, Plan B tells the story of a 14-year-old who k!lls, r*pes and orders people to "hand over your money, your phone and your Pokémon cards". Drew points out, in a possibly subtle jibe at American rappers, that his life growing up is not interesting enough to write songs about, so he takes on characters in his songs to make interesting and, hopefully, thought-provoking music.

LPs
Who Needs Actions When You Got Words

EPs
2006 - Live At The Pet Cemetary (EP)

Mixtapes
2006 - It's Time 4 Plan B
2007 - Paint It Blacker

Plan B - Mama (Loves A Crackhead) (Video)

Example

[pic - click to view]

Born 20 June 1982 at West London hospital in Hammersmith, Example attended All Saints Primary School in Fulham High Street. He later went on to attend ADT College, Wandsworth. Aged 15, Example entered a rap battle at a house party in Shepherds Bush and in his own words "completely destroyed a useless wanker and a f!ght broke out so [he] sprinted home".

In 2000, Example attended Royal Holloway University, London to study film directing. While at University, Example started garage MCing to make some money. It was during this period that Example met Rusher, the producer with whom he would later go on to work with. Example and Rusher made a concept album in the audio booth of the University film department.

Mixtape
2007 - We Didn't Invent The Remix

Example - Vile (Video)

Shameless

[pic - click to view]

‘It’s not directed at smokers, it’s about how we live our lives. I know people that are in jail for the paths they‘ve chosen, but they knew the risks all along.’ As he speaks, Shameless waves an unlit ciggie around as if to emphasise the title of his debut album is less one-man health warning, more a reminder to get the most out of life.

Indeed, Smokers Die Younger is crammed full of life, from celebrating the good times on No Hats No Trainers, to Live Fast’s call to get out and do something. Moreover, he is just as happy with guitars as beats, as on his near-duet with Rod Stewart on Everyday. Live, Shameless performs with his own four-piece group – The PaddyRagga Band.

‘I love hip hop, but I’ve always listened to bands like Nirvana, The Clash and The Specials, too’ Shameless explains. ‘All those things I’ve grown up with, I’ve driven into my music. It’s sad that you only have rock bands on the front of the NME, while urban music is being demonised.’

He acquired his varied inspirations in Leytonstone, East London, where a young Shameless was born and raised by his Irish mum, giving him a taste for the craic - and his stage name.

‘My Irish relations are outspoken, open minded and very funny, so I feel lucky to know that side of my family. In Irish, James is Seamus so that’s what they would call me and where the inspiration for my stage name came from. All my antics and behaviour have been very much shameless and I‘ve never regretted anything.’

It wasn’t the pipes that called Shameless, though, but New York & L.A. Hip Hop’s rugged beats and the frantic rhythms of drum and bass. He got into rap when he was nine years old, yet only when jungle came along did he decide to have a go himself.

‘I used to hang out with a lot of older guys and they gave me a tape of NWA, that spoke to me. I quickly got into the likes of Tupac and Talib Kweli from there. I started to emulate MCs on pirate radio, though I felt I had a lot more to say than you can manage over a drum and bass beat.’

Before he was picked up by All City Music (home to Sway, no less), Shameless hooked up with his childhood friends to make tunes, forging a loose brotherhood of vocalists, musicians and producers that grew into the Dat Sound collective. Also guesting on his album is none other than potty-mouthed solo star Plan B.

‘East London's a hot part of town, with a lot of people tapping into music,’ Shameless enthuses. ‘It means I have access to a much wider variety of talent for what I want to do. Plan B went to school with a mate of mine and I just met him in the manor, so it was a natural progression to work together. His music‘s aggressive, but we do have a laugh.’

His own bootleg of the Arctic Monkeys’ When The Sun Goes Down, meanwhile, was given Noel Gallagher’s seal of approval when he raved to it at the Sheffield band’s end of tour party. Really, though, Shameless is only going back to his roots, for as a teenager he played in punk bands himself. If he does offer any kind of prescription, it is live life to the full.

LPs
2007 - Smokers Die Younger

Shameless - No Hats, No Trainers (Video)
 10-04-2007, 06:13 AM         #59
Sonny  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oi! Shameless and Plan B is the same person! look! great thread boys, might up some S.A.S when I have the time. U.K. Been on fire for many years now, we over here in Norway started listening to your chaps when Gunshot got large, much love.
 01-12-2008, 08:44 PM         #60
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k ALL THOSE GUYS THEY AINT sh*t BUT SAINSBURY CHECKOUT BOYS. OUR BEST EXPORT IS S.A.S. BAR FOR BARS AINT KNOWONE IN ENGLAND ON THEIR LEVEL
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy