Lil' Wayne- Tha Carter II (2005)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rating
5 BX - Classic 897 42.84%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 775 37.01%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 272 12.99%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 40 1.91%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 110 5.25%
Voters: 2094. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #101
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Here's what I don't think people understand as to why Weezy is not a great rapper.

He can't go more than 4 bars before completely leaving the subject he was speaking about and rapping about the next random sh*t; all he does is link his bars to make them rhyme without putting together cohesive thoughts.

He'll talk about something for a couple bars, then rhyme something with multiple syllables that has nothing to do with what he just said, and jump to something completely different. He almost raps about absolutely nothing.

You can almost take any Weezy verse from any song, plug it into any other song, and not tell the different. Where is the subject matter? This is what I don't like about Weezy. The flow is cool but what the fu*k is he rapping about; honestly.
 12 years ago '04        #102
g_hilde 
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 0 0
weezy came with some heat on this
 11-21-2005, 02:32 AM         #103
DJ ACV 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Here's what I don't think people understand as to why Weezy is not a great rapper.

He can't go more than 4 bars before completely leaving the subject he was speaking about and rapping about the next random sh*t; all he does is link his bars to make them rhyme without putting together cohesive thoughts.

He'll talk about something for a couple bars, then rhyme something with multiple syllables that has nothing to do with what he just said, and jump to something completely different. He almost raps about absolutely nothing.

You can almost take any Weezy verse from any song, plug it into any other song, and not tell the different. Where is the subject matter? This is what I don't like about Weezy. The flow is cool but what the fu*k is he rapping about; honestly.
lmao, exactly!

clevel216 said:
i cant believe this cd was hyped sooo much here and then it is a major letdown. NO track stands out for me. the best song on the cd probably is fireman and that aint saying too much. this cd kinda sounds like he was too busy ridin jay-z d*ck to go get some good production. this sh*t is straight boring and i feel like crying cuz im a huge weezy fan. damn! i guess it really is over for cash money. lets look on the brightside though. they can sign to Koch records and be just like no limit!! lol
lmfao. I agree with everything u said.
 11-21-2005, 02:34 AM         #104
soledout23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
need this
 11-21-2005, 02:37 AM         #105
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree wit both of yall but weezy still fire... dis a quote my boi said most GREAT rappers say sumn that will make u say "WUT THA F*CK DEY RAPPIN BOUT" .... jay does that alot... for example "my fav. hue is jay-z blue" honestly wtf is talking about i mean i get it but i dont... cam is a HUGE example... but yea im not writin an essay...
 11-21-2005, 02:53 AM         #106
SanzII 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope It's better than his last wack album.
 12 years ago '04        #107
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 thehogue said:
i agree wit both of yall but weezy still fire... dis a quote my boi said most GREAT rappers say sumn that will make u say "WUT THA F*CK DEY RAPPIN BOUT" .... jay does that alot... for example "my fav. hue is jay-z blue" honestly wtf is talking about i mean i get it but i dont... cam is a HUGE example... but yea im not writin an essay...
I feel you on that, but there's a difference between your Jay example and what I mean about Weezy.

I understand exactly what he's rapping about, it's just he doesn't really stay on a topic for too long (he does though on some songs, but for the most part its just random rap jumping around rhyming multiple syllables).

When Jay said my favorite hue is Jay-Z blue it was following up to the line about his worst color being light green (talking about money); his favorite hue is Jay-Z blue is just fu*king around c*ckiness. I feel you though about Cam; people try to say "you just can't comprehend what he's rapping about" when in all actuality half of the sh*t he says is blah (even though it may make sense to a degree).
 12 years ago '05        #108
Str8outdaville 
space
space
$444 | Props total: 0 0
No vote yet but wezzy has step his flow up, and thats saying something.
 12 years ago '05        #109
Str8outdaville 
space
space
$444 | Props total: 0 0
Anybody know production?
 11-21-2005, 03:42 AM         #110
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn i thought it would take me a few days to review this but ive listend to it 3 times through and im :wow: Weezy's flow is insane.
 11-21-2005, 04:28 AM         #111
SanzII 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not feeling it at all, waste of a download to be honest. I loved his first two albums but the ones after that pretty much all sucked.

Last edited by SanzII; 11-21-2005 at 04:29 AM..
 11-21-2005, 04:46 AM         #112
aleus2303 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how the fu*k do i download with filefront?
 12 years ago '04        #113
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
Havent fully listened yet, regardless of how the album is, I do feel for the city of New Orleans and all of their and Wayne's losses. Still aint purchasing his album though. I'd rather donate that money to charity.
 11-21-2005, 05:49 AM         #114
ejp305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album is bonkers do we consider this a 06 album or an a late 05 . if its a late 05 album its a top 5 album of the yr . i like the production an lyrics in this ablum. he gets better and better in each album. wayne is the only one out of the hot boy click that could flow on other producers production not relying on fresh beats.
 11-21-2005, 05:58 AM         #115
cpgza14 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FINALLY! An album lived up to they hype......4.5/5
 12 years ago '04        #116
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
I can tell the "Jay-zness" in this album, so far, especially on the best rapper alive. Weezy I guess is trying to make a point that he's slept on and underrated, blah blah blah. I actually like the fact that he doesnt have many guest appearances. If you trying to prove that you the best and that you can hold it down, you need to be able to hold an album down on your own. 19 tracks and only 3 guests is pretty good. Who wants to buy your album because of someone else. Decent so far. Its not a top 5 album of the year, to much great ish to come out this past year for that. I swear with every release that comes out the same people are calling the album top 5, I mean we've had about a hundred releases this year, how the hell are all of them in the Top 5.
 11-21-2005, 07:10 AM         #117
Lawtons1Fan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props
 12 years ago '05        #118
Black Don 10 
space
space
space
$353 | Props total: 1 1
This album is very good...I'm not gon say classic cuz of all the haters on this forum but it is at least a 4.5/5
 11-21-2005, 07:35 AM         #119
TrkyMfns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not feelin this. Maybe the second time around, if I can make it.
 12 years ago '04        #120
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,686 | Props total: 433 433
I'm not really feeling it, every song sounds the same. He needs Mannie Fresh back
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago