Lil' Wayne- Tha Carter II (2005)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rating
5 BX - Classic 897 42.84%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 775 37.01%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 272 12.99%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 40 1.91%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 110 5.25%
Voters: 2094. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-21-2005, 08:20 PM         #181
qbanbrat86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best Album Yet!!
 11-21-2005, 08:28 PM         #182
Syrus da Virus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait to cop dis album
 11-21-2005, 08:47 PM         #183
R_Buycks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this cd will not be out of my deck for a minute, mo fire is dat shyt...i wanna know track by track who did da beats cuz regardless of what some might think these beats fit his flow just right.it prolly woulda sounded just like the carter if they kept mannie fresh
 12 years ago '04        #184
Quez04 
space
space
space
$440 | Props total: 2 2
i gave it a classic
 12 years ago '04        #185
thugler 
space
space
space
$339 | Props total: 0 0
manny fresh made 3 fu*kin beats on carter 1, if the carter 1 is only good cause of fresh's beats then you didn't listen to the album
 11-21-2005, 09:49 PM         #186
blaxican619 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it aint a classic but i gave it a four
 11-21-2005, 09:53 PM         #187
The Dza 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, a good album
 11-21-2005, 09:56 PM         #188
#1stunna 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Here's what I don't think people understand as to why Weezy is not a great rapper.

He can't go more than 4 bars before completely leaving the subject he was speaking about and rapping about the next random sh*t; all he does is link his bars to make them rhyme without putting together cohesive thoughts.

He'll talk about something for a couple bars, then rhyme something with multiple syllables that has nothing to do with what he just said, and jump to something completely different. He almost raps about absolutely nothing.

You can almost take any Weezy verse from any song, plug it into any other song, and not tell the different. Where is the subject matter? This is what I don't like about Weezy. The flow is cool but what the fu*k is he rapping about; honestly.
I know why you would think this, Wheezy tend's to do this on a lot of features, but listen to some of the tracks on the album, he has definite subjuect manner. Tracks 15, 10, and 7 in particular.

Last edited by #1stunna; 11-21-2005 at 09:57 PM..
 11-21-2005, 10:05 PM         #189
T A S H 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never fu*ked with lil wayne...until now, this sh*t is heat foreel...the last track is fire
 11-21-2005, 10:06 PM         #190
#1stunna 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok im going to break the album down to what i belive...

Its pretty damn good compared to what is out there and what iv been hearing in rap recently, but this is no surprise we all knew the C2 was going to be hot. Its definatley hot but sorry to say, its not to the level of the Carter. But i guess Tha Carter is wheezy's classic, cant top it. What i missed most from this album is that gritty down south style and mannie fresh having no production has a lot to do with it. Mannie was a big part of the Carter's success and greatness. I feel like the beats on this album sound more east coast, like more of dipset sounding beats. A was disapointed with the features, i feel like wayne could get some big names but fails to, i mean who is this nikki guy? Kurupt is on a chorus but no verse, I think currensy and birdman are the only ones who got a verse, which isnt bad, more wheezy spittin. But what makes the album fire is wheezy's lryics, they are hot as hell and he definatley proves his lryical skills. I like the tracks were he just spits, shows love for the streets and doesnt sell out commerically. There is no club bangers(fireman but not really), which i absolutley love. Wayne will definatley get respect from real rap fans but probably not sell too much commerically but i dont know. I also liked how he hit different genres of rap on the album, he has a regaee song, kind of an oldies song, he just kind of mixes it up something different. Mannie is missed on the C2, and being a traditional fan of wheezy for years i miss that old cashmoney style, but still a solid album thanks to his lryics. Whew well thats what i think, cant wait to see what song he chooses to be the next single, im thinking grown man, love that track.
 12 years ago '04        #191
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
3 at the most.. aint touchin cham's sh*t
 12 years ago '05        #192
j da pimp 
space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 0 0
this album is fire
-please say the baby
 12 years ago '05        #193
Iceman01 
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
Nice Album but nothing beats a Mannie Fresh and Weezy Track, I Guess I'm Just use to him on a Mannie Fresh Track that Tha Carter 2 Sound Funny but sh*t I still a Good Album but not better than The Carter
 12 years ago '04        #194
bdizzle316 
space
space
$504 | Props total: 1 1
 thugler said:
manny fresh made 3 fu*kin beats on carter 1, if the carter 1 is only good cause of fresh's beats then you didn't listen to the album
Dude, where you gettin your info. Mannie produced all but like 4 tracks on the 1st Carter.

Anyway, lyrical wise, Wayne did his thang, but production wise, the album sucks. I'm only feeling like 4 tracks. It aint better than Tha Carter. I give it a 3/5, only because of Weezy's flow.

But No Mannie Fresh, No Cash Money!
 11-21-2005, 10:47 PM         #195
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do ppl always compare an artists last cd to their current cd? Like when LR came out everyone was sayin how it wasnt like College Dropout. Same here with Tha Carter 2. Does anyone think that artists like to develop and try different things? Who wants to hear a cd that sounds the same as the last. I for one love this cd, and like it more overall then the first Carter. Gonna ask for it for a stockin stuffer :D
 11-21-2005, 11:16 PM         #196
ms phatkat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good 5 all da way
 11-21-2005, 11:18 PM         #197
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid Oxygen said:
Why do ppl always compare an artists last cd to their current cd? Like when LR came out everyone was sayin how it wasnt like College Dropout. Same here with Tha Carter 2. Does anyone think that artists like to develop and try different things? Who wants to hear a cd that sounds the same as the last. I for one love this cd, and like it more overall then the first Carter. Gonna ask for it for a stockin stuffer :D
It's the Carter 2...

Anyway. This junt if great. Its not perfect. But it's definitely the best album this year. After Chamils disappointment, this is good to hear. I gotta give it another listen before i actually rate it, but i dont think i will like it more than the carter 1, because i can listen to all the songs on the first one, and there are 2 or three tracks on C2 that im not feeling at all. The rest are thoed though.
 11-21-2005, 11:20 PM         #198
master467 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TOP 5 of the album of the year..
 12 years ago '04        #199
thugler 
space
space
space
 bdizzle316 said:
Dude, where you gettin your info. Mannie produced all but like 4 tracks on the 1st Carter.

Anyway, lyrical wise, Wayne did his thang, but production wise, the album sucks. I'm only feeling like 4 tracks. It aint better than Tha Carter. I give it a 3/5, only because of Weezy's flow.

But No Mannie Fresh, No Cash Money!
aight your gonna make me get the cd out the car
 12 years ago '04        #200
thugler 
space
space
space
 thugler said:
aight your gonna make me get the cd out the car
1) Walk In - Produced by the Architects
2) Go DJ - Produced by Manny Fresh
3) This is the Carter - Produced by Mannie Fresh
4) BM JR - Produced by Mannie Fresh and Batman
5) skit
6) I Miss My Dawgs - Produced by Mannie Fresh and Raj Smoove
7) We Don't - Produced by Leslie Brathwaite
8) On My Own - Produced by Mannie Fresh
9) Tha Heat - - Produced by Raj Smoove

aight your right i'm not gonna front
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago