Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-15-2005, 04:51 AM         #1
9873 pageviews
11 comments

logicalkid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Break down of the Shyne vs. 50 Cent Beef

By the way I just gotta say, For The Record was an ill diss track

From late 2002, no one can deny that 50 Cent has owned the rap game...basically in all aspects. From hit single after hit single to a record-selling scheme and publicized beef with Ja Rule and murder Inc., to the success of his sublabel (G-Unit and their platinum selling artists and group), 50 Cent (while not the best rapper) has made a name for himself through hype and publicity, occassionally backed up by a catchy hook and somewhat entertaining single. So when his major label debut 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out, and the Ja Rule feud was at its height, it seemed 50 Cent would be on top for awhile.

Flash foward to 2005, and the release of his sophomore follow up 'The Massacre'. While ending the Ja Rule beef (Rule's career still hasn't recovered), it was hopeful to some that 50 would be content with making rap music and not mixtape-worthy diss tracks. However that wasn't the case, as an artist who lives off beef to sell records needed someone else to aim at. And because he was at the top already, he thought it just to take shots at other rappers...one of which included incarcerated rapper Shyne. Apparently 50 was focused on signing Shyne to G-Unit to help increase his image and sell more records...however Shyne refused, opting to start his own label through Def Jam Island. 50, needing more enemies to hype his album, then proceeded to throw disses at Shyne in interviews and on freestyles.

Shyne, although not being able to due much because of his incarceration, vowed that he'd retaliate back. And through his label's debut album (his solo) "Godfather Buried Alive" - he debuted a song that featured him rapping from a jailhouse phone entitled "For The Record". On an album that consisted of mostly unreleased music, Shyne full blown dissed 50 and G-Unit with lines like "You don't wanna ride, you wanna get rich and hide...cause n*ggas woulda died if they shot ME 9 times". The song, while not in the best recording quality, gained respect through most listeners who dislike 50. 50 responded with his song Piggy Bank, calling out Shyne, and introduced a video showing Shyne locked up all by himself with nobody to run to.

Shyne responded in late 2005, by signing to 50's no. 1 enemy - exiled G-Unit member the Game's new record label - Black Wall Street; in what looks to be the basis for a rap war. The beef is still pending and Shyne's power move could help establish The Black Wall Street as a legitimate label, and ultimatley ending 50 Cent's G-Unit empire or only further setting up another feud in which 50 will reign again...time will tell.

11 comments for "Break down of the Shyne vs. 50 Cent Beef"

12 years ago '04        #2
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 298 298
It was -By the way I just gotta say, For The Record was an ill diss track but it didn't get that push it needed and he fu*ked up with that album i think he might be done. But like you said we'll see.
 11-15-2005, 09:30 AM         #3
cylla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
umm no offense to anybody but the Game & Shyne are no match for G-Unit (no lyrically speaking) The real rap war is Def Jam vs. G-Unit. In case you haven't noticed Jay-Z is lining up a team to go against 50 Cent. Fab will be at Def Jam soon, hopefully, and Jay even met with Fat Joe. But at the end of the day it's G-Unit vs EVeryone i don't know anybody in the game right now who don't wanna see them dudes gone.
 12 years ago '04        #4
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 cylla said:
umm no offense to anybody but the Game & Shyne are no match for G-Unit (no lyrically speaking) The real rap war is Def Jam vs. G-Unit. In case you haven't noticed Jay-Z is lining up a team to go against 50 Cent. Fab will be at Def Jam soon, hopefully, and Jay even met with Fat Joe. But at the end of the day it's G-Unit vs EVeryone i don't know anybody in the game right now who don't wanna see them dudes gone.
Naw for some reason i think Jay and 50 will make money together i just got this feeling these n*ggas go out there way not to step on each other toes Jay be like i like dude and 50 be like Jays the sh*t don't forget they went on tour together when 50 first came out.

Last edited by m_cullins; 11-15-2005 at 10:08 AM..
 11-15-2005, 12:07 PM         #5
cylla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
Naw for some reason i think Jay and 50 will make money together i just got this feeling these n*ggas go out there way not to step on each other toes Jay be like i like dude and 50 be like Jays the sh*t don't forget they went on tour together when 50 first came out.
he's sayin' that because he knows jay-z's probably the only dude who is capable of fully shutting him down.
 11-15-2005, 12:10 PM         #6
Steazo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully, the g-unit empire dies down in 06
 12 years ago '04        #7
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
 cylla said:
he's sayin' that because he knows jay-z's probably the only dude who is capable of fully shutting him down.
In related news, in an interview with Funkmaster Flex last night on NYC's Hot 97 radio station 50 squashed rumors concerning his "cold war" with Jay-Z. He told listeners that in fact him and Jay are actually working together on the new Freeway record. He did not specify his involvement with the project

12 years ago '05        #8
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
 cylla said:
joe talking with jay?they hate each other!!what's your source?and fab going to def jam aint happening..he signed to desert storm/atlantic and clue own that and clue is on roc afella with his album dropping in jan?feb...he'd be cutting clues throat by signing his biggest artist.....and my question is what happened to the deal shyne had with def jam...he was signed to his own label!!how does he sign to game then?i'm confused...anybody know the deal?

Last edited by GROUCHCARTEL; 11-15-2005 at 01:03 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #9
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Shyne isn't signed to Game

1. JZ Don't like Game

2.Shyne is signed to Def Jam

= JZ Will not let him go Game don't have enough money but sh*t you never know

Last edited by m_cullins; 11-15-2005 at 01:19 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #10
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
 Steazo said:
Hopefully, the g-unit empire dies down in 06
Keep hating white boy
 11-15-2005, 03:57 PM         #11
sniper1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m_cullins said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Shyne isn't signed to Game

1. JZ Don't like Game

2.Shyne is signed to Def Jam

= JZ Will not let him go Game don't have enough money but sh*t you never know
shynes not signed to def jam, he got dropped when godfather cd flopped, and he also didnt get paid off it, because of some technicality in new yorks criminal law, revolving around benefiting legitimitely off illegal activity.
 12 years ago '05        #12
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
 sniper1 said:
shynes not signed to def jam, he got dropped when godfather cd flopped, and he also didnt get paid off it, because of some technicality in new yorks criminal law, revolving around benefiting legitimitely off illegal activity.
he got his phone privilages remanded for a year for the freestyles that made the album..that's it....he wasn't hit with the son of sam law cause making an album isn't illegal...even if he was locked up when it dropped the album was made before he was sentenced and the album wasn't made about the victims in the shooting...he only couldn't profit off the album if the victims in the shooting were the basis of his album and he was exploiting them..shyne got his signing bonus so he got some dough.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy