Nov 10 - PlayStation 3s won't play borrowed, used, or rented games

view more...

most viewed right now
131 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
66 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 13 years ago '04        #76
RAPSOURCE2003 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,220 | Props total: 21 21
that is just stupid i definitely won t be buying that piece of sh*t ps3

11-13-2005, 11:37 AM         #77
calicheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There not going to do it. They know no one will buy the Playstation 3 if this was the case.

11-13-2005, 12:06 PM         #78
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It aint gonna happen. They would lose a lot of money. What If my playstation breaks.....then I gotta get a new one and all new games?????
It would be suicide from a business standpoint. What if my friend buys a game and brings it to my house so we can play againnst each other? They would lose so much business if they do this

11-13-2005, 12:11 PM         #79
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 boimannie2004 said
They talking bout RETAIL games. Basically the first system that the game is played on is the ONLY system that will be allowed to play it. I don't know how they would impliment that tho because wouldnt the ps3 have to burn/write some sort of system key or something to the disc to "lock out" any other ps3 system

Nah not really if the PS3 has a harddrice or in internal memory all it would have to do is write the info there and check it against the disc you put in.
Sort of how you cant disconnect your PS2 network adapter and connect it to another PS2 with re-installing the software.
Rest a.ssured if they do it.....it will be an easy hack to get around it.

11-15-2005, 03:42 PM         #80
LanceUppercut 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rumor Dead

"I would like to clarify that this is false speculation and that PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console," said a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson.

Last edited by LanceUppercut; 11-15-2005 at 03:56 PM..

11-15-2005, 03:45 PM         #81
Spanish 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Link Dead

11-15-2005, 03:57 PM         #82
LanceUppercut 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spanish said
^^^ Link Dead
Damn my fault, :banghead: , Its fixed now

13 years ago '04        #83
NardVa 
space
space
$1,652 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Ill One said
that's easy to get around though reagrdless if it's implemented...the hackrs will create a disc that you put into your ps3 first and it will tell that program that game is a new one so you could play whatever you want whenever you want...they CAN'T STOP THE HACKING they can only hope to contain it...

You right they can only hope to contain it but it would make it a little bit harder.

11-15-2005, 07:33 PM         #84
sym007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its just some bullsh*t people tryna spark up in attempt to hurt PS3 sales or at least just make it a hassle for them. No way PS3 allowing sum b/s like this. The copy protected thang can never be succeeded.

11-15-2005, 09:56 PM         #85
BigDezzie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well the ps3 will suck

prob back

13 years ago '05        #86
BigBoi0105 
space
space
space
$602 | Props total: 3 3
if sony does this XBOX 360 will take over the market

11-16-2005, 01:03 AM         #87
LanceUppercut 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at my link, it aint happening.

13 years ago '04        #88
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,278 | Props total: 4 4
if you can't rent games
there better not be a single ps3 game costs mroe than 9.99

13 years ago '04        #89
kakoden 
space
space
$3,345 | Props total: 30 30
i think we all know this would ultimately cripple sales

11-16-2005, 10:04 AM         #90
Darko 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so let me get this right??
If you break your game and go get a new one it wouldnt play right??

this is bullsh*t man made up crap

13 years ago '04        #91
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 13 13
still waiting to see whats what with the ps3.. I was initially all about it as i felt the xbox was a failure in what it COULD have done and what it infact did ... live was good but it cost a fee ... gta never came out till 6 months after it came out for ps2 with little to no enhancements .. initial controllers were bulky and sucked .. large harddrive but the only use i got out of it was when i modded the system ... drive went on me like 3 times ... games lineup took to damn long to become someone established...

on the other hand if sony is becoming this ignorant to its users ... im going to have to go with the 360 .. i'll wait it out see how the 360 does on its launch .. and its game lineup ... and see what ps3 is thinking of ... cause if this is something they plan to impliment they will generally loss this console battle indefinetly ... i would go with microsoft and nintento this round ... we'll see .. this is ofcourse just a rumour and speculation .... just hope it stays that way cause im still leaning more towards the sony with the next gen advancements they plan to acheive .. i just wont partake in a console that will literally control freedom of renting or buying preowned games or even trading with friends ... thats just fu*king rotton ...

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+124online now  35
Fam! I'd Victimizie Her Insides Hourly
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+66online now  33
Video inside It's funny mtv never aired this clip of Pac saying everything was all g..
99 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+92online now  18
Chinese man wins World Series of Magic with this trick... :damnson:
79 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+43online now  18
Video inside Dude Explains How He Stayed With His Unfaithful Woman Only For Her To C..
200 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Lebron James First Adidas Vs. First Nike Sneaker
25 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Early Black Friday sale at GameStop starting 11/18
33 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside CONFIRMED: Joe Budden back on drugs, Comes out of retirement to join Ma..
50 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-28online now  9
top 5 instagram thottie
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy