Nov 10 - PlayStation 3s won't play borrowed, used, or rented games

most viewed right now
 198
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 183
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 132
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 66
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #61
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
avatar space
space
$11,072 | Props total: 1559 1559
Thats so fu*king wack
 11-12-2005, 03:14 AM         #62
Calvo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah bullsh*t. if that means rentals have their own encodings or whatever, expect two things:

1. price of rentals go up (since sony COMPLETELY would control that)
2. people would rip the rentals and somehow burn that version
 11-12-2005, 05:13 AM         #63
whackawookie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i said this a few days ago in the ps3 vs xbox360 thread but i guess people didnt catch on to what i meant. Now for all you people saying its a rumor and it cant be true just remember one thing, buying a video game system doesnt make it law to allow u to buy used games or even rent games. everytime u buy a used game the game company doesnt get a share of the money plus they dont get a reading about game sales. renting a game the game company only makes the initial sale of the game that the renting company pays to get the game. Although it sounds like a stupid move on sonys part dont make it sound like its impossible. This is what happens when a company decides to use a brand new format that nobody else is going to be using until the end of that yr or even the beginning of the next. for a system thats gonna probly run 500 for a core system u can expect sony to implement every measure that would block piracy for as long as they can.
 11-12-2005, 06:49 AM         #64
Dirty Hubcaps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whackawookie said:
i said this a few days ago in the ps3 vs xbox360 thread but i guess people didnt catch on to what i meant. Now for all you people saying its a rumor and it cant be true just remember one thing, buying a video game system doesnt make it law to allow u to buy used games or even rent games. everytime u buy a used game the game company doesnt get a share of the money plus they dont get a reading about game sales. renting a game the game company only makes the initial sale of the game that the renting company pays to get the game. Although it sounds like a stupid move on sonys part dont make it sound like its impossible. This is what happens when a company decides to use a brand new format that nobody else is going to be using until the end of that yr or even the beginning of the next. for a system thats gonna probly run 500 for a core system u can expect sony to implement every measure that would block piracy for as long as they can.



i wouldn't say that its a LAW to be able to rent games but i would say that its a taken for granted given that people expect to be able to rent video games for whatever system they're played. video game rentals have been going on since the nintendo days in the late 80's and now sony wants to reinvent the wheel and pull a moneygrab and try to clamp down on it? i wonder where this would fall under fair use. sorry for not reading thru the whole thread but basically a game played on one system wouldn't be able to be played on the system of a friend? how do they expect to survive doing that?
 12 years ago '04        #65
ddotdukes5 
space
avatar space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 10 10
They cant do that, because how does a video console tell the difference from rented games and purchased games. Because Blockbuster, and other places buy the games themselves.
 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM         #66
Lamborghini_Kid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that is a pretty stupid idea
 11-12-2005, 07:11 PM         #67
marcusldc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if sony do go threw with that BS they wont sell to much of any damm thing and plus someone is gonna hack it anyway so just let it do what it do


Last edited by marcusldc; 11-12-2005 at 07:13 PM..
 12 years ago '05        #68
Neruk 
space
space
space
$66 | Props total: 0 0
So i wouldnt be able to buy madden, then take it to a friends to play it? I would have to bring my ps3 AND madden to play it at a friends??? F That.
 12 years ago '04        #69
Unpredictable 
space
avatar space
space
$522 | Props total: 15 15
not true and it it is there is allways a way around it
 11-13-2005, 05:43 AM         #70
whackawookie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddotdukes5 said:
They cant do that, because how does a video console tell the difference from rented games and purchased games. Because Blockbuster, and other places buy the games themselves.
ive been in the modding scene back before dreamcast was getting ripped using the neopocket and back before thrill k!ll was getting leaked as a beta and final, so i know whats going on and whats possible. whats not possible is how predictable new technology is. anything is always deemed impossible when a company brings a new format to the table until proven otherwise. if they decide to roll out such a format that does what they say it would probly rely on something that would carry a blank sector on the disc that will write the ps3's serial number onto that sector by the ps3s laser which could in some ways be considered a burner but with 2mb limits. just because ur not pleased with the rumor dont speculate its not true because when a company releases statements that suggest 50million dollar budgets just to start development on the new system, then sony would probly do whatever it sees fit to make sure that developer gets his payment.
 12 years ago '05        #71
XxTuRb04xX 
space
avatar space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
my mans right^^^

look what happend with PSP...they made this update (v2.0) that was supposed to be "unhackable" and it was said that you would never be able to play burned games or ISO's on a v1.51+ and they still got around that sh*t...

just like they'll get around this, I'm not worried.

fu*k XBox I'm Sony all the way


Last edited by XxTuRb04xX; 11-13-2005 at 05:50 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #72
Sylent Khaos 
space
avatar space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
 XxTuRb04xX said:
my mans right^^^

look what happend with PSP...they made this update (v2.0) that was supposed to be "unhackable" and it was said that you would never be able to play burned games or ISO's on a v1.51+ and they still got around that sh*t...

just like they'll get around this, I'm not worried.

fu*k XBox I'm Sony all the way

LOL!!!!!!


No fanboy here that I can seeee.......


Any way, this is going to be real fu*ked up if Sony goes through with it. I'm trying to decide what to get as my second console (since the 360 is a must cop). Its still close between this and the Revolution. This won't help Sony at all.
 12 years ago '05        #73
XxTuRb04xX 
space
avatar space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
 Sylent Khaos said:
LOL!!!!!!


No fanboy here that I can seeee.......


Any way, this is going to be real fu*ked up if Sony goes through with it. I'm trying to decide what to get as my second console (since the 360 is a must cop). Its still close between this and the Revolution. This won't help Sony at all.
hahah im just bias as hell cuz my boy ALWAYS used to brag about his Xbox, whether he was right or not, I still like my PS2 better

Microsoft got enough money...I guess Sony does too though?

dah well im still gettin PS3
 12 years ago '04        #74
cincinnati_kidd 
space
avatar space
space
$886 | Props total: 21 21
This Is Bullsh*t ..they Aint No fu*kin Idiots ... Thats Basically Saying ..little Timmy Buys John Madden 07 ... But He Can't Take His Game To Little Billy's House He Must Bring The Whole System ..yeah Right Its Too Inconvenient ..chop Revenue In Half
 11-13-2005, 09:25 AM         #75
xXMSDTHuGGXx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if this sh*t is going to happen then fu*k sony and fu*k the ps3 and fu*k ken
 12 years ago '04        #76
RAPSOURCE2003 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$2,218 | Props total: 17 17
that is just stupid i definitely won t be buying that piece of sh*t ps3
 11-13-2005, 11:37 AM         #77
calicheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There not going to do it. They know no one will buy the Playstation 3 if this was the case.
 11-13-2005, 12:06 PM         #78
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It aint gonna happen. They would lose a lot of money. What If my playstation breaks.....then I gotta get a new one and all new games?????
It would be suicide from a business standpoint. What if my friend buys a game and brings it to my house so we can play againnst each other? They would lose so much business if they do this
 11-13-2005, 12:11 PM         #79
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 boimannie2004 said:
They talking bout RETAIL games. Basically the first system that the game is played on is the ONLY system that will be allowed to play it. I don't know how they would impliment that tho because wouldnt the ps3 have to burn/write some sort of system key or something to the disc to "lock out" any other ps3 system

Nah not really if the PS3 has a harddrice or in internal memory all it would have to do is write the info there and check it against the disc you put in.
Sort of how you cant disconnect your PS2 network adapter and connect it to another PS2 with re-installing the software.
Rest a.ssured if they do it.....it will be an easy hack to get around it.
 11-15-2005, 03:42 PM         #80
LanceUppercut 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rumor Dead



"I would like to clarify that this is false speculation and that PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console," said a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson.



Last edited by LanceUppercut; 11-15-2005 at 03:56 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 46
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Deranged Serial Killer Stories Most People Don't Know About
31 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy