squad up!

Nov 10 - PlayStation 3s won't play borrowed, used, or rented games

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 13 years ago '04        #51
pntblank 
space
space
$1,402 | Props total: 0 0
sh*t aint going to happen....noway would sony cut out the rental industry...this is jus a rumor probably put out by a Microsoft affiliate..kinda funny this comes out a few short days away from the XBox 360 release......

13 years ago '05        #52
wiz10453 
space
space
space
$203 | Props total: 0 0
this means if you buy a game thats hyped up to be a good game and it turns out to be wack u stuck with the game u cant let your friends borrow your games that would be hot because now they they will stop beggin to borrow games

13 years ago '05        #53
Valediction 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 3 3
this is gonna cause madd problems with it being backwards compatible, i think its BS

13 years ago '04        #54
Rajj 
space
space
$999 | Props total: 7 7
i'm for sure getting just Xbox 360...fuk PS3

11-11-2005, 03:04 PM         #55
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I already posted this,but I don't think sony would be that dumb

11-11-2005, 03:09 PM         #56
HumanCrakk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
k ps2 is played largly these days not just by comptuer nerds but urban teens but all of us are such broke fu*kers (or atleast most of us) and we couldnt afford to buy a gmae all the time if we wanted to try it out or play it sh*t is so dumb

11-11-2005, 03:23 PM         #57
HumanCrakk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey my brother is a crazy videogame fanatic so i just asked him what the deal with this is and he said that ifffff they actually suceed in doing this by ignoring and dealing with the millions upon millions of complainers they would have seperate games that are alloted to rental companies like blockbuster and watever that can bypass the system

so when blockbuster orders 20 games they will be imune to the thing inside the pS and dont need to be registered to an individual machine but they are blocked from being able to be uploaded onto hardrives or burned

11-11-2005, 03:24 PM         #58
Dooper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lmao ps3 = downfall of sony

11-11-2005, 03:25 PM         #59
JOEKILLA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is fake

11-11-2005, 08:53 PM         #60
Dirty Hubcaps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO, all they're doing is alienating their honest customers by making their hardware less and less user friendly in the name of more money for them. meanwhile, the wolves and bootleggers out there will simply take this as another challenge and topple this latest scheme, just like they've toppled all the others.

*remembers when people were saying god of war couldn't be bootlegged 5 months ago because it was too big*

*goes back to playing bootlegged god of war*

13 years ago '04        #61
j0hncena 102 heat pts102
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 3911 3911
Thats so fu*king wack

11-12-2005, 02:14 AM         #62
Calvo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah bullsh*t. if that means rentals have their own encodings or whatever, expect two things:

1. price of rentals go up (since sony COMPLETELY would control that)
2. people would rip the rentals and somehow burn that version

11-12-2005, 04:13 AM         #63
whackawookie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i said this a few days ago in the ps3 vs xbox360 thread but i guess people didnt catch on to what i meant. Now for all you people saying its a rumor and it cant be true just remember one thing, buying a video game system doesnt make it law to allow u to buy used games or even rent games. everytime u buy a used game the game company doesnt get a share of the money plus they dont get a reading about game sales. renting a game the game company only makes the initial sale of the game that the renting company pays to get the game. Although it sounds like a stupid move on sonys part dont make it sound like its impossible. This is what happens when a company decides to use a brand new format that nobody else is going to be using until the end of that yr or even the beginning of the next. for a system thats gonna probly run 500 for a core system u can expect sony to implement every measure that would block piracy for as long as they can.

11-12-2005, 05:49 AM         #64
Dirty Hubcaps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whackawookie said
i said this a few days ago in the ps3 vs xbox360 thread but i guess people didnt catch on to what i meant. Now for all you people saying its a rumor and it cant be true just remember one thing, buying a video game system doesnt make it law to allow u to buy used games or even rent games. everytime u buy a used game the game company doesnt get a share of the money plus they dont get a reading about game sales. renting a game the game company only makes the initial sale of the game that the renting company pays to get the game. Although it sounds like a stupid move on sonys part dont make it sound like its impossible. This is what happens when a company decides to use a brand new format that nobody else is going to be using until the end of that yr or even the beginning of the next. for a system thats gonna probly run 500 for a core system u can expect sony to implement every measure that would block piracy for as long as they can.

i wouldn't say that its a LAW to be able to rent games but i would say that its a taken for granted given that people expect to be able to rent video games for whatever system they're played. video game rentals have been going on since the nintendo days in the late 80's and now sony wants to reinvent the wheel and pull a moneygrab and try to clamp down on it? i wonder where this would fall under fair use. sorry for not reading thru the whole thread but basically a game played on one system wouldn't be able to be played on the system of a friend? how do they expect to survive doing that?

13 years ago '04        #65
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,089 | Props total: 126 126
They cant do that, because how does a video console tell the difference from rented games and purchased games. Because Blockbuster, and other places buy the games themselves.

11-12-2005, 05:33 PM         #66
Lamborghini_Kid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that is a pretty stupid idea

11-12-2005, 06:11 PM         #67
marcusldc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if sony do go threw with that BS they wont sell to much of any damm thing and plus someone is gonna hack it anyway so just let it do what it do

Last edited by marcusldc; 11-12-2005 at 06:13 PM..

13 years ago '05        #68
Neruk 
space
space
space
$66 | Props total: 0 0
So i wouldnt be able to buy madden, then take it to a friends to play it? I would have to bring my ps3 AND madden to play it at a friends??? F That.

13 years ago '04        #69
Unpredictable 
space
space
$529 | Props total: 58 58
not true and it it is there is allways a way around it

11-13-2005, 04:43 AM         #70
whackawookie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddotdukes5 said
They cant do that, because how does a video console tell the difference from rented games and purchased games. Because Blockbuster, and other places buy the games themselves.
ive been in the modding scene back before dreamcast was getting ripped using the neopocket and back before thrill k!ll was getting leaked as a beta and final, so i know whats going on and whats possible. whats not possible is how predictable new technology is. anything is always deemed impossible when a company brings a new format to the table until proven otherwise. if they decide to roll out such a format that does what they say it would probly rely on something that would carry a blank sector on the disc that will write the ps3's serial number onto that sector by the ps3s laser which could in some ways be considered a burner but with 2mb limits. just because ur not pleased with the rumor dont speculate its not true because when a company releases statements that suggest 50million dollar budgets just to start development on the new system, then sony would probly do whatever it sees fit to make sure that developer gets his payment.

13 years ago '05        #71
XxTuRb04xX 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
my mans right^^^

look what happend with PSP...they made this update (v2.0) that was supposed to be "unhackable" and it was said that you would never be able to play burned games or ISO's on a v1.51+ and they still got around that sh*t...

just like they'll get around this, I'm not worried.

fu*k XBox I'm Sony all the way

Last edited by XxTuRb04xX; 11-13-2005 at 04:50 AM..

13 years ago '04        #72
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
 XxTuRb04xX said
my mans right^^^

look what happend with PSP...they made this update (v2.0) that was supposed to be "unhackable" and it was said that you would never be able to play burned games or ISO's on a v1.51+ and they still got around that sh*t...

just like they'll get around this, I'm not worried.

fu*k XBox I'm Sony all the way

LOL!!!!!!

No fanboy here that I can seeee.......

Any way, this is going to be real fu*ked up if Sony goes through with it. I'm trying to decide what to get as my second console (since the 360 is a must cop). Its still close between this and the Revolution. This won't help Sony at all.

13 years ago '05        #73
XxTuRb04xX 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0
 Sylent Khaos said
LOL!!!!!!

No fanboy here that I can seeee.......

Any way, this is going to be real fu*ked up if Sony goes through with it. I'm trying to decide what to get as my second console (since the 360 is a must cop). Its still close between this and the Revolution. This won't help Sony at all.
hahah im just bias as hell cuz my boy ALWAYS used to brag about his Xbox, whether he was right or not, I still like my PS2 better

Microsoft got enough money...I guess Sony does too though?

dah well im still gettin PS3

13 years ago '04        #74
cincinnati_kidd 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 72 72
This Is Bullsh*t ..they Aint No fu*kin Idiots ... Thats Basically Saying ..little Timmy Buys John Madden 07 ... But He Can't Take His Game To Little Billy's House He Must Bring The Whole System ..yeah Right Its Too Inconvenient ..chop Revenue In Half

11-13-2005, 08:25 AM         #75
xXMSDTHuGGXx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if this sh*t is going to happen then fu*k sony and fu*k the ps3 and fu*k ken

Home      

most viewed right now
FBG Wooski shot in head at friends funeral
183 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Sarah Silverman Says Louis C.K. M**turbated in Front of Her: ‘F— yeah..
97 comments
6 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Anyone else think Bron could be losing these games on purpose?
26 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - (He just came out) ‘I’m a nationalist!’: Trump makes stunning..
31 comments
6 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside j prince on birdmans ass for money owed to his son
85 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New MJ Smileys on deck once again
28 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Damian Lillard arrives at tonight’s game dressed as Stone Cold Steve Austin
62 comments
6 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Those T1tties Are DEFINITELY REAL...
28 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
McDonalds hack for basically free food
100 comments
8 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl Got The Lower Body Of A Preteen Quarter Horse
30 comments
8 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake beautiful baby mom vibin to that drake
112 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside First Red Dead gameplay leak
24 comments
6 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers
1037 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What A TIme To Be Kawhi
25 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nothing but net
2 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Another black beauty for bx to ignore
8 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Man Gets Full Back Michael Jordan Jersey Tattoo 🤦🏽*♂..
12 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside LIL WAYNE PAYS a STUDENTS ENTIRE UNIVERSITY FEES after SHE MADE HIM a C..
23 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The original 90's Flash (character, not just actor) returns to Flash/Arrow (Ph..
2 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - NYPD sergeant being investigated for shoving underwear down c..
115 comments
8 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
nwo504
Static3IVERSON
ElevateOne
justin747
2Cold
i?
Rule 336
OldBusiness
DrizzyStan06
mars15
Top 10 most slapped recently
Macho Machado
HiShinUnit
Rule 336
Bkjj11
suavehooper
DonC
BXSPAGHETT
YungVino
TomDick&Harry
Lonny Breaux

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
186 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
126 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Nippy Minaj ( Nicki Minaj's N1pples)
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
What’s The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
229 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  3
If you like Marvel/DC and classic beat em ups get the fu-k in here(on mobile t..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  3
Video inside Got damn Arsenal straight destroyed this d1ke in a battle!!
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy