The "real Toronto" DVD

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-24-2005, 06:49 PM         #81
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Official "The Real Toronto DVD" website is now up. Scanned newspaper articles from The Star and Globe And Mail will be up later today. Spread the word.

Respect

12 years ago '04        #82
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,800 | Props total: 698 698
lol

lol
 11-24-2005, 07:47 PM         #83
deathrowinmate1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Toronto's gun violence spiraled out of control, but i would say its somewhat safe. in my opinion i think it has a lot to do with the economic factors, affecting the youth, but in general canada is a safe place. Then again what major city doesnt have its share of problems.
 11-24-2005, 09:05 PM         #84
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As a whole Toronto is safe and in my opnion always will be, but more and more communities are becoming isolated. And living in those housing projects isn't liek it is in the rest of the city. Thats what this film is showing. The areas out here are smaller in scale than many of the U.S. housing projects, but they are spread throughout the whole city.

Peace
 12 years ago '04        #85
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,800 | Props total: 698 698
 DUMBEST WEBSITE EVER said:
The Real Toronto DVD made a lot of noise in the city of Toronto and quickly gained popularity. The media showed great interest in the DVD because of the subject matter and used it for their purposes, with newscasts often providing false information and misunderstanding the point that the director was trying to get across.

List of some media outlets that have mentioned The Real Toronto DVD:

RDI, CTV, GLOBAL, CITY TV, CH HAMILTON, CBC, MUCH MORE MUSIC, MUCH MUSIC, FLOW 93.5, 680 NEWS, 99.1 CBC, NATIONAL POST, THE GLOBE AND MAIL, THE TORONTO STAR, THE TORONTO SUN, HUMBER ET CETERA, POUND.
wow..
 11-26-2005, 09:13 AM         #86
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lets hear some more feedback. keep checkin site for updates. Pound magazine article soon to be up.
 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM         #87
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ILLMATIC_RIDAH said:
ma friends dads a cop n he copped dis videa says its hype
Straight up. Your friend is right.
 12-01-2005, 08:26 PM         #88
Mz-Corleone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UpTownClips said:
typical americans givin there opinion on sumthin they dunno shyt bout....yall crime rates is so high cuz ur laws r stupid as fu*k...yall be gettin time for weed....tha fu*k

^co-sign^

on the real...toronto has its safe places and gully places ..
jus like any otha city in the states
when americans come to toronto..
where u think they goin to?
downtown of course where all the tourists visit..
so obviously they aint seein wut the otha turfs in toronto is about
like regent park, scarborough, rexdale, jane & finch, etc
everyday u hear bout ppl gettin gunned down
and there hav been times when americans been jacked up in tdot
im not sayin toronto is real hard ...its not as bad as most parts in the u.s.
my point is that theres good and bad in every city ..and if u not from there ..then u dont kno sh*t about it
the crime rate is worse than wut it use to be..but now wit all these new cops in the city ..it should lower it
 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM         #89
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not on that level out here no one is arguing that. The city is getting worse though, thats why people are freaking out here. Weapons aren;t as easy to get out here as in your old home city and others you listed. Its all over the news because the newscasts companies want ratings and thats what people watch, and there hasn;t been enough violence out here for people to become accustomed to it. I hear you about New Orleans, Miami, Detroit..those cities are out of control, but not 1/10 and for sure not New York..maybe N.Y. in the early - mid 90's, not the N.Y now.

This dvd is a reality check for people out here man.

Peace

12-04-2005, 10:36 AM         #90
flip45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real Toronto DVD Part II

RealT.O., this is the perfect time for you to bring out part 2. All that buzz. Buzz that you didn't expect. neither did other ppl.
Everyone involved in the last one will purchase it. and Everyone who heard about all the buzz will purchase it. Perfect Time.

Plus, So many other n*ggaz and Hoods are gonna wanna get down with it, cause they gonna wanna show how much more hood they hoods are. So the production process should be easier and faster the second time around.

The DVD was great.

REspect all n*ggas on there.
Difference from Hood 2 Hood is mans on here were showing how there aint no Recreation activties and how the stores are closed down and u gotta travel to get to the milk and bread and diapers. n*ggas also broke it down about how lil' hood n*ggas get bagged up early and trapped in the system. They lay a record on them before they know their algebra, and then, afraid that they can't get no job or regular previlages with a criminal record, they just continue the fast life.
Also manns shed some light on how the Projects relate to the Masons. How it's squared in and how that effects the mentality of poor/under priveledged ppl.
Props.
Part 2 NOW.
Regent. Flemo. Jungle. Rexdale. Scarborogh(again). Parkdale. Jane&Finch(again)
Trust me, u get madd props on the street. U got a hood pass where ever u go.
I'll buy 2 copies.

btw do u got a copy of the "The passionate Eye" piece that they did on it. or was it pbs ??
 12-04-2005, 10:54 AM         #91
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MUCH RESPECT man

I am down for a Part 2. Gotta see whats up if cats want to do it. I am always down.
But yo I am loving the fact that you took that DVD in. Also what you mean about The Passionate Eye ( CBC? ), I have no knowledge of who they are or what they did. Can you let me know man?

Cats should check this DVD out.

Respect to the supporters

Toronto stand up!

ONE

Last edited by RealTO; 12-04-2005 at 10:55 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #92
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
yeah, i was looking forward to Regent, but it never came. was hoping for an interveiw with Point Blank aswell. Id cop a part II for sure.
 12-06-2005, 10:54 PM         #93
Mz-Corleone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aKtIvItY! said:
yeah, i was looking forward to Regent, but it never came. was hoping for an interveiw with Point Blank aswell. Id cop a part II for sure.

ya I would wana see Point Blank on it styll
 12 years ago '04        #94
dunnybrascoe 
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 9 9
the dvd is garbage..... that is all
 12-07-2005, 09:56 AM         #95
MakeShift  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo canada has a lot of multi culturality and you show only n*ggas? that is NOT the real toronto BELIEVE ME.

I would like to see, regent park, P.O blocks on the nex 1.

THE NORTH END OF R.P WHADDUP

Last edited by MakeShift; 12-07-2005 at 09:56 AM..
 12-07-2005, 10:30 AM         #96
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of people mentioned that. Everyone was contacted ( vietnamese , sri lankans ) Those guys got back to me too late. The people that made it on this dvd are the people that got back to me in time. This is only the beginning , bigger things will come. Just show support.

Peace
 12 years ago '04        #97
~G~ 
space
space
$13,748 | Props total: 2 2
Chea I haven't been to T-Dot in a minute...
 12-11-2005, 02:16 PM         #98
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fo sure. Toronto stand up.

This is the quote from the new PEACE magazine from their Top 100.

"When it comes to to mainstream media, was the The Real Toronto DVD the biggest thing that ever happened for Toronto rappers?"

and a 2nd one..

"Word on the street is The Madd Russian is on the run like Kool G Rap and DJ Polo"

Watch for Pound magazine on the newstands this week and Urbanology magazine in early January for more coverage on the dvd.

Last edited by RealTO; 12-11-2005 at 02:17 PM..
 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM         #99
MidEastBeast  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cylla said:
you're obviously not the sharpest knife in the kitchen. Geographically, Toronto is not bigger than those cities you listed. Toronto and NYC the same size?! One has a population of 2 million the other has a population of 30 million. Smarten up young man.
Hes talking about size and is the geographic size, and not the population size.
 12-13-2005, 11:55 AM         #100
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D_roc01 said:
T-dots had its problems with gangs in the last bit, but since the police cracked down on a blood set it seems like its gone down(i read in the paper one of the guys is facin like 200 charges)....they also put LOTS more cops on the streets so that might be stoppin it a bit too.

I live about 2 hours away right now, and movin up in september, can't wait
That was one of the smallest bloods sets in T.O. Ardwick bloods, that won't do much. They haven't yet put any new cops on the streets , they relocated cops from other areas to the more heated ones, but its happening all over Toronto. East , West, and downtown so that won't make a bigg difference.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy