Make it Official: Kobe Bryant Vs. LeBron James (Every Aspect Analyzed)

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Well Fools, Which One???
Kobe Bryant 128 55.17%
LeBron James 104 44.83%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-02-2005, 09:19 AM         #101
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
kobe and kg would be great but they'd still have no teammates.. cuz to get kg, you're gonna have to trade odom and 2-3 more players...

so they'd still be an average team..

kobe doesnt deserve an mvp award if he doesnt get his team to the playoffs {at least} and im not saying just give it to lebron, b/c someone else might be more deserving, but kobe DOESNT DESERVE THE MVP IF HE DOESNT GET TO THE PLAYOFFS, BOTTOM LINE

AND NO THE LAKERS ARENT HOPELESS.. its just phill jackson, his triangle offense makes other players (besides kobe) play like PAWNS, while kobe gets to take 100% control...

if phill would just let lamar odom and smush go out and ball they'd be str8.... not just playing like derek fisher and deaven george(who is good but he plays like hes scared to step up and do something)

I gotta agree and disagree homie! The triangle was the Triangle when it won 3 championships or went to the finals 4 outta 5 years in a row!
Plus the Triangle is more about spacing than anything! It doesn't have much to do with who is shooting! It has to do with being able to shoot! (A Nice Midrange Jumper) 2 on top and three on bottom! That's the theory!

Like I said Smush is nice! The dude is working! But Lamar just can't be that other piece that Kobe needs... I think someone said it best in that they're too much alike! Lamar wants to run the 2 but KG will get down in the paint and play 4/5! Phill woul have to go to a modified version of the triangle...(Similar to what the Spurs do) where they spread the court and try to get Penetration from Kobe and Smush and be able to kick it out to some shooters (Vujchic is gearing up to be a decent Mid-range shooter) Luke Walton can go with Lamar... Luke, Odom, & Aaron McKie... for KG LOL

My 2 Cents! Props on a good post and some educated bball talk...

PS But you are Right.... No Playoffs No Props! LOL (Enter LBJ Fans like..."What???")

Last edited by dontebee; 12-02-2005 at 09:42 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #102
DaSmoothiest 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 16 16
Its lebron all the way because the guy is a better team player than Kobe. Lebron will pass first before he shoot, while on the other hand Kobe putting up 40 point games in losing efforts. Kobe won all three of his championship because of shaq the most dominant center in nba history at that time. I think that lebron is a proving leader and he will lead that team to a championship, not being the follower but the leader.

6 - 6 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 50% 198 (-23) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 1-0, Rank #497 | Aug 15: 7-5, Rank #254 | Aug 12: 33-31, Rank #301 *
 12-02-2005, 09:41 AM         #103
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do I feel the need to remind people that Shaq hasn't won any championships without Kobe either????
 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM         #104
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LEBRON JAMES: EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER

Kobe, still building that dream brick house of his.
 12-05-2005, 02:01 AM         #105
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barely squeakin' in win at home against the Bobcats. Kobw was clutch with the free throws, but 9 - 30 FGA's, again. Odom almost TD'ed though.
 12 years ago '04        #106
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,333 | Props total: 11376 11376
 dontebee said:
Why do I feel the need to remind people that Shaq hasn't won any championships without Kobe either????
To act as if Shaq wasn't more important to those teams than Kobe was, which obviously isn't true because you could have put another good guard in Kobe's place and still won while Shaq was irreplaceable.
 12-05-2005, 11:41 AM         #107
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
To act as if Shaq wasn't more important to those teams than Kobe was, which obviously isn't true because you could have put another good guard in Kobe's place and still won while Shaq was irreplaceable.
This is true, but sorry MIA, Shaq is getting old, and fast.
 12-05-2005, 11:46 AM         #108
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
the triangle offense is just as overrated as bill bellachecks coaching... anyone can look like a genius if they have the best talent....

jordan, pippen, rodman, kerr/kukoc, horace grant... then shaq, kobe, rick fox/horry, grant, harper/fisher
Hey... I agree with that! Coaches get ALLOT of credit! Look at themDetroit boys! Different offense, same players, same result!!!
 12-05-2005, 11:47 AM         #109
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
LEBRON JAMES: EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER

Kobe, still building that dream brick house of his.

One statement will remain true! "Lebron has never Smelled the AROMA of a playoff series!" :D :D :D
 12-05-2005, 12:59 PM         #110
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:

U mean like D-Wade??? LOL

I will say it like this! 2 people opt'ed to leave but only one was virtually begged to stay. They (Lakers Management) had two options! 2 More Years with Shaq or 10 more with KOBE. They Made their decision and after hearing Jerry Buss speak he still feels like it was the right decision.
I am not saying Shaq was not important but I hear cats say all the Time that Kobe was not important or the he was "replaceable" and obviously that is not true. Because Shaq hasn't done anything amazing in Miami either and his team is MUCH better than the Lakers...
 12 years ago '04        #111
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,333 | Props total: 11376 11376
 dontebee said:

I will say it like this! 2 people opt'ed to leave but only one was virtually begged to stay. They (Lakers Management) had two options! 2 More Years with Shaq or 10 more with KOBE. They Made their decision and after hearing Jerry Buss speak he still feels like it was the right decision.
I am not saying Shaq was not important but I hear cats say all the Time that Kobe was not important or the he was "replaceable" and obviously that is not true. Because Shaq hasn't done anything amazing in Miami either and his team is MUCH better than the Lakers...
I never said they were wrong for choosing Kobe because he was much younger and had a longer career ahead of him than Shaq. But don't try to act as if Kobe was just as important as Shaq was because anybody who says that is downright lying to themselves. Shaq was irreplaceable on that team, Kobe wasn't, it's as simple as that.
 12-06-2005, 01:25 PM         #112
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dontebee said:
One statement will remain true! "Lebron has never Smelled the AROMA of a playoff series!" :D :D :D
...Until this Year...
 12-06-2005, 01:27 PM         #113
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dontebee said:

If that was the case they should've kept Shaq and brought in a mediocre superstar.. That way they'd prolly have five rings instead of three.
 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM         #114
Rynoh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where the Kobe Stans at now???
 12-06-2005, 02:52 PM         #115
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
I never said they were wrong for choosing Kobe because he was much younger and had a longer career ahead of him than Shaq. But don't try to act as if Kobe was just as important as Shaq was because anybody who says that is downright lying to themselves. Shaq was irreplaceable on that team, Kobe wasn't, it's as simple as that.

Obviously in their mind Shaq was the one that was replaceable! He's gone! Kobe is still there...
In no way can I discredit what Shaq did for the Lakers! (Even though there where games when Shaq was on his usual 2 month loose-weight-break at the start of the season where Kobe was putting up 42 and 38 and such)
But at the same time who could replace Kobe>>>> You don't replace greatness like Shaq or Kobe or Jordan or Miller or Bird! U just cut your losses and try to move on...

Props for good convo though...
 12-06-2005, 02:54 PM         #116
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
If that was the case they should've kept Shaq and brought in a mediocre superstar.. That way they'd prolly have five rings instead of three.

OK so why doesn't Shaq (who now has a better than Mediocre superstar by his side) still not have any rings???
 12 years ago '04        #117
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
kobe >>> lebron
 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM         #118
dontebee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WilliamHBonnie said:
...Until this Year...
I remember this same playoff buzz last year this time but look what happend! It's Hard to carry a team... Ask Kobe or KG! But word life... Lebron got a squad now! Hughes is doing his thing...
 12 years ago '05        #119
ddmoney 
space
space
space
$542 | Props total: 0 0
kobe all the way
 12-06-2005, 02:59 PM         #120
996GramsNeed4Mo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dontebee said:
OK so why doesn't Shaq (who now has a better than Mediocre superstar by his side) still not have any rings???
Charge it to the Pistons... *pops collar*
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy