Oct 26 - First BitTorrent user gets sent down

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-09-2005, 06:23 PM         #41
Jblac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn......
 11-09-2005, 06:30 PM         #42
JediGohan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This ain't anything to worry about. You can get arrested in China for anything.
 11-10-2005, 07:33 PM         #43
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JediGohan said:
This ain't anything to worry about. You can get arrested in China for anything.
funny thing is JediGohan.... there was a guy that wrote scripts that broke security on DirecTV access cards. He had the EXACT SAME AVATAR you have as his logo.

His stuff was good. Guess where he is? Oh and yeah he was in good ol america. I'm not tryin to scare yall. I'm just sayin stop brushin it off and get ya a.ss secure!

For the peepz that gave thx... & propz thanks and I'll prop ya back.
 11-21-2005, 01:07 PM         #44
Ameen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ that f*g**t....

he should be sent down for downloading "Miss Congeniality"
 11-21-2005, 01:09 PM         #45
bLuR`inC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahaha...too bad for that person.

i rather use limewire or download it off some forum.
 12 years ago '04        #46
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
yellowone, why dont you do us all a favor and do a little tutorial of how we can maximize our security on the net when we download things here, or do it in the Jukerbox, im sure it will help everyone on boxden and teach them not to be so ignorant. That even tho they havent been caught, it will teach them how to stay secure and upload some programs to maintain cloaked on the net and keeping out the "bad guys".

it you do, much apperication man.
 11-22-2005, 08:58 PM         #47
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sucks for him to be used as an example to the world shame how every system works
 12 years ago '04        #48
icefrogg 
space
space
space
$46 | Props total: 0 0
so i think i'm understanding this but then again i think i'm a little confused. who are they mainly going after people who upload the files or people who download the files? waht is the safest things out there to do this stuff on? what are ways to block people out?
 12 years ago '04        #49
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
1) mIRC is safe because it is a INTERNET RELAY CHAT. They cant even find out who is giving what, unless they were giving it out themselves, and that is against the law. I forgot what its called, infringement or something. Thats why cops cant sell crack or provide copywritten material, they can only download or buy it and arrest the provider.

2) They are going after the providers first. The people who upload. Like I said, they cant go after downloaders because in order to do that they would have to be an uploader themselves, which would be against the law. The only way they could get away with that is if the defendant didnt know his law, and 99.9% of the time, he doesnt.

3) Use firewalls and PeerGuardian 2 to block people out.

4) The safest thing would probably be Boxden, and mIRC. Or private FTPs.
 11-23-2005, 06:46 PM         #50
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm gonna start sayin names now cause every time I step away from this thread there is more IGNORANCE posted. Before you get all pissed off check the definition of IGNORANCE.

ignorance

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, or a willful lack of desire to improve the efficiency, merit, effectiveness or usefulness of one's actions. Ignorance is also a "state of being igorant" or unaware (not knowing).

I'm not even going to bother explaining the whole point againt cause I sound like a broken record. Just browse the thread and look for the post I made that quotes an IRC Channel stating that they will be cooperating with Law Enforcement in its crackdown on piracy.

Keep thinking that they can't see your transfer. Remember this one thing. YOUR ISP CAN SEE YOUR TRANSFER! That's even if you think the IRC channel is unaware of that bot serving up the movies & music.

Seriously though...how many criminals do you think said "it's foolproof....it's the perfect crime!" Now sit back and think about wether or not you wanna be that individual when the axe falls.

Finally, I'm not saying that you guys should stop. Practically speaking thats like tellin 15 year olds don't have s3x. It's not gonna happen. What you do tell the teenager that thinks he knows everything is to STRAP UP & BE SAFE. So that's what I'm tellin you. Stop thinkin you can't get pregnant and BE SAFE!

PUT A CONDOM ON YOUR CONNECTION! STRAP UP & BE SAFE!

Last edited by yellowone; 11-23-2005 at 06:49 PM..
 11-23-2005, 07:25 PM         #51
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I forgot one mo muthafu*kin thing. A guy in a earlier post actually recommended usin Peerguardian...which is a good thing. That was after he said that IRC is untraceable or touchable or prosecutable whatever who gives a fu*k.

RUN PEERGUARDIAN OR PROTOWALL and you'll notice 1 very obvious thing. Anti-P2P Groups scan your PC CONSTANTLY. It only takes a couple minutes of looking at the logs to realize it.

sh*t just pisses me off. Don't think you can't be touched. You can!

Also I'm not gonna say don't use peerguardian but it at my last check does not block UDP traffic.
 11-23-2005, 08:09 PM         #52
ThaGrifter79 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's just say that this guy in China is going down shouldn't the recording industry go down with him. I could go on all night about why the recording industry is screwing people like us over, but I will only make two points. The first is don't you think it's kinda funny that the main P2P website that the industry wanted shut down they now use to make millions off suckers that pay .99 cents per song and don't even give a cut to the man who created Napster. Wow talk about being screwed without getting a decent reacharound. Secondly the only reason wow the recording industry is trying to get rid of all this is because they had one really bad year for album sells across the board and needed someone to blame. Looks like that would be us well they get some star a**hole like Lars Ulrich to represent them I don't feel sorry for these bastards while there on the beach sippin on a virgin mixed drink. I say fu*k the recording industry if you feel sorry for anyone in the recording industry then your a fool cause they aren't starving for a meal. Like I said I could go on all night about this, but I won't. You know there biggest complaint against file sharing is because when put on CD it's good quality when people been bootleggin and copyin sh*t since the days of 8 tracks yes you could copy these just found that out not to long ago. Bottom line the recording industry screws there artist over then looks to point fingers at someone else when it's them that are not being true to the artist.
 11-23-2005, 08:18 PM         #53
ThaGrifter79 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One more thing if downloading sh*t is so damn bad then why do they continue to make cd burners and dvd burners how about they go after those people and leave the common man alone who use to pay $20 for sh*t albums but not anymore.

Last edited by ThaGrifter79; 11-23-2005 at 08:19 PM..
 11-23-2005, 08:30 PM         #54
JOEKILLA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IF YOU SELL OR PROFIT, then you go down. If it is just for you, then they dont give a fu*k.
 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM         #55
Mr.12Gauge 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they Cant Catch Us All
 11-23-2005, 09:23 PM         #56
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that guy has a point....they can't catch us all right now. Make yourself a smaller target but STOP SELLIN THAT BULLsh*t THAT IRC IS SAFE. I happen to be doin my thing this evening and a cohort of mine got this notice from his ISP. This is NOT about IRC but it shows you that they DO pay attention.

IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Dear SpeedNet Subscriber,

If you are utilizing a file sharing application you will be subject to immediate service suspension at any time due to the destructive nature of this traffic on you and your fellow SpeedNet subscribers.

In the past several days there have been new releases of several popular file sharing applications which have caused major delays and outages on many networks which access the Internet, including SpeedNet's. These delays impact not only you, but also your neighbor and thousands of your fellow SpeedNet subscribers on our network.

Due to their nature and the way they transfer data, file sharing applications can be very destructive to your personal computer via backdoor viruses and spyware, even when you are not actively utilizing them. We request that you uninstall these applications immediately. The applications include the following:

Morpheus LimeWire BearShare Bit Torrent
WinMX Gnutella KaZaA Are
EDonkey Audio Galaxy Shareaza

Thank you,

SpeedNet Engineering

Keep fu*kin around with IRC and No protection...you bound to catch a STD.

I can do a File Sharing Security Tutorial ... I'm thinking someone else might have more time than I do. If no one else has the knowledge and the time then I will consider it an obligation...cause yall my peeps and a lot of yall just don't know!

Last edited by yellowone; 11-23-2005 at 09:28 PM..
 11-23-2005, 10:26 PM         #57
matty_c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I live in Canada ... downloading is still legal here.
But it's just a matter of time before it catches up with us too.
 11-24-2005, 02:26 PM         #58
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matty_c said:
I live in Canada ... downloading is still legal here.
But it's just a matter of time before it catches up with us too.

*cough* *cough*

Here we go again...i ain't gonna say sh*t. Just ask around hommie. Just ask around. I should add that I read the court ruling that matty_c is referring to and while conceptually matt is correct in that it is unlikely for you to get convicted of anything right now in Canada he is technically speaking not accurate.

Read the appeals rejection clearly and it states that Canada does respect copyrights and prosecute the infringement thereof. However it felt that the evidence presented was not strong enough to compell the comprimise of personal privacy as related to an ISP account.

They also told BMG exactly how it needed to bring the case in the next instance for a win & conviction.

Last edited by yellowone; 11-24-2005 at 03:07 PM..
 11-25-2005, 01:49 PM         #59
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In response to a post earlier on in this thread that sais Bittorent doesn't work, I told you that it does and people are paying attention to it because it works so well. Take a look at the news story below.

Bittorrent & MPAA look to join forces for distribution model.

File-sharing and the trade organizations that represent the music and movie industries are two entities not normally a.ssociated with cooperation. This notion has been changing recently, especially for the MPAA (Motion Picture a.ssociation of America.) Looking for a distribution model for licensed material, it has decided to change with the times. Case in point: BitTorrent.

Although BitTorrent is responsible for clogging ISP networks and transmitting a large segment of copyrighted material, the MPAA has eyed this tool as a useful device for its own needs. Looking to provide a legitimate avenue for interested netizens to download movies, the MPAA has recently been in negotiations with Bram Cohen, founder of BitTorrent.

Bram Cohen has managed to steer clear of litigation, unlike his P2P developer brethren. From the very beginning, Bram Cohen has been staunchly opposed to piracy - at least publicly. He has repeatedly stated that BitTorrent is not a tool of piracy, and to use it as such is "stupid."

Bram has intelligently designed the BitTorrent protocol. Unlike conventional P2P networks, the BitTorrent community is not searchable. Independent indexing sites need to be established, otherwise known as trackers, which organize the content of the community (i.e. ThePirateBay.org.) Responding to reports of widespread piracy on BitTorrent, Bram stated to MSNBC:

"If there's widespread copyright infringement, you really want to go after the ringleader. And we're not being the ringleader for that. The Web types that are doing piracy are the ringleaders for that."

With Bram clearly on the record as an opponent of piracy, those interested in distributing legitimate content have taken notice.

To meet this end, Bram Cohen has commercialized BitTorrent. Establishing his once rogue enterprise as a legitimate business has had profound effects. As BitTorrent has become more commercialized, two major events have occurred. First, the MPAA and Bram Cohen entered negotiations on the feasibility of distributing licensed material over BitTorrent. Second, DCM-Doll Capital invested $8.75 million into his newly commercialized business.

His negotiations with the MPAA have gone well. According to an interview with MSNBC, MPAA president Dan Glickman appeared welcoming to Bram Cohen's ideas.

"He seems really interested in what to do next. Everyone knows that things are changing, and I believe he's very interested in adapting. I was really surprised at how if you go to them nonconfrontationally they respond in kind."

In an MPAA press release today, the trade organization stated that Dan Glickman and Bram Cohen are set to hold a press conference tomorrow in Los Angeles at 2pm PST.

"Motion Picture a.ssociation of America, Inc. (MPAA) Chairman and CEO Dan Glickman and BitTorrent Founder and CEO Bram Cohen will hold a press conference on Tuesday, November 22th, 2005 at the American Film Institute."

Although the MPAA is not releasing information on the details of this press conference, itís likely the two will announce the resolution of a deal. If the MPAA does announce a deal with BitTorrent, it will be an enormous step forward for the movie industry. What will mean for the rest of the file-sharing world? The details will be released tomorrow.
 11-25-2005, 09:29 PM         #60
PaKI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel bad for him, all the movies he shared sucked
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy