squad up!

Oct 26 - First BitTorrent user gets sent down

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
14 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-02-2005, 01:59 PM         #26
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and an external burner helps you how........

There's a song that Junior Mafia has doggin' Lil Kim in which they say. "When The Feds come the Feds Rush\ This ain't a State BUst". Something to that effect. By the time they get around to serving you a subpeona they ALREADY have the proof that you were transferring movies online.

External HD isn't gonna do SH!T compared with the records that YOUR Internet Service Provider has which documents everything you do in the clear (meaning outside an https connection).

Good Lord PPL...

13 years ago '04        #27
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,998 | Props total: 1548 1548
yellowone you an old school pirate like me. You seem like you were around back in the day of the CC stealin' kids selling stuff as packers and around for all those Feds busts on those groups. Since then the internet has been hot but small time sharers aren't really on their radar they want the big boys who get the files or the big traffickers of the files not the lowly leechers.

11-02-2005, 06:37 PM         #28
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Your right about who the want...but just like Dave & Charlie (DirecTV & Dish) they have no problem sending out Letters of Intent to end users. The government is NOT looking for the average file sharer but....

MPAA & RIAA will SUE your arse and let some local lawyer handle the case for a cut...the same way the satelite companies did. It's true also that they only target users with a certain amount of shares.

So no the government most likely is NOT looking at you. No your NOT a big target for the MPAA & RIAA. Yes they WILL send you a cease letter. Yes they WILL follow up & sue you.

The old cracking days are over. Everything is relative. Although Tijyle2 you and I might find it common sense to limit your exposure. In my experience as a security consultant I have seen people think nothing to have 10, 20 , 30 movies and 50 songs being shared at once.

Tikyle2 will agree with me I'm sure about my bottom line point. YOU ARE NOT SAFE. Stop thinking your immune cuz you don't do "A" or "B".

Thats It

13 years ago '05        #29
samdoh 
space
space
$888 | Props total: 0 0
that would suck going down for that

11-07-2005, 09:41 AM         #30
daykel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 idol said
Yeah I noticed BT users have been dropped...hard to get anything off there nowadays unless it just came out...
yea this sh*t is pissing me off. It was before that you could find anything on BitTorrents... now if you want a new album you gotta wait till openning week. Damn jus let us do our thang...

11-07-2005, 09:55 AM         #31
spittingimage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't completely rule out that its a fake story just to reduce usage of bit torrent...

11-07-2005, 10:22 AM         #32
daykel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yellowone good ooking out.... regardless if anyone wanted to know or not we know now and we all gona do our own little research. BitTorrents and Mircs have been around for awhile... had mIRC back in like 03, I was stupid couldnt firgure out how to use it.. :banghead: , same homey told be bout BT's, didnt start usin em till lately. So if you think about it by tthe time pirates like you and maybe me are targeted theyll prolly have sumthin new out...

13 years ago '04        #33
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,269 | Props total: 440 440
 yellowone said
Lemme drop a few things on some of you ignorant a.sses.

#1) E-Donkey, Emule and the like networks were exposed to action BEFORE bittorrent was.

#2) People that espuse that the IDEA of Bittorrent is whack obviously don't understand it at all. The IDEA is so frsh & fly that Hollywood has commissioned the original developer to come up with a pay per usage version of Bittorrent.

#3) If you are running ANY P2P app nekkid on the internet then your subject to taking a hit. There are a bunch of things to help protect you PeerGuardian & ProtoWall just 2 of them.

Stop acting like the end is near cause it was bound to happen.

Stop acting like ish is wack cuz you don't understand how it works.

Oh & also just like you know about Boxden and the hidden areas of it...there's a gang of peepz that don't and don't understand how you can get access to the wealth of stuff forums like this provide.

Take that into account....cuz there are a BUNCH of bittorrent trackers that you guys apparently don't know about it. EVERY knew movie is on Bittorrent if not the week of release then BEFORE. EVERY new album is on bittorrent ... and you can check sites like Raphustle.com for em..although I will say I have not found an R&B tracker yet.

Wallow in your ignorance if you choose...just don't spew it to thers.
Finally someone with some knowledge. and "fashowmoney," the concept is only wack if u are a leecher, like yourself!

11-07-2005, 02:04 PM         #34
the.spektator 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x Tha Arkitek x said
has any 1 gotten caught wit mirc yet??
You can't get caught with mirc because I read that irc is mostly used as a chat program and the FBI can see a transfer of copyrighted files but can't place a charge on it because that would be trespassing or violating privacy.

11-07-2005, 02:23 PM         #35
xxdiplomat89xx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats some fu*ked up sh*t man.....the gov't is really goin madd hard with this sh*t

11-08-2005, 09:11 AM         #36
goku 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i use mine everday damn....

11-08-2005, 09:29 PM         #37
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the.spektator said
You can't get caught with mirc because I read that irc is mostly used as a chat program and the FBI can see a transfer of copyrighted files but can't place a charge on it because that would be trespassing or violating privacy.
I had retired this thread in my mind...I thought everyone had gotten the point. Apparently that just isn't the case so here I go again. AHEM AHEM

Ladies & Gentleman,

THERE IS NO SAFE WAY TO SHARE FILES ONLINE!!

Concerning a violation of privacy.... if you sell crack to your brother in your own home can they not bust you because your privacy would be violated. OF COURSE THEY CAN. You forgo your right to privacy by breaking the law.

EVER HEARD OF PHONE TAPS??? Private conversation right..but they can and do violate your privacy LEAGALLY when a judge deems it necessary. Let's be clear about something though. This is most likely NOT a criminal matter but more so a civil matter.

Although you are breaking the DMCA by what you are doing the alphabet boys (FBI, PD, FTC) are less likely to get involved unless your transporting items across state lines in quantity.

Take a look at what happened in the sattelite industry cause its a direct parrallel. DirecTV sued THE sh*t out of everyone it was able to determine was hacking their signal. Although federal laws were broken I can't recall of more than 3 cases where the Feds got involved. They did this by saying to PAYPAL that something illegal was going on and paypal rolled over and gave everyones name up.

Do you think Verizon, SBC Global, Pacific Southwest Bell, or whatever BS Internet Service Provider you have gives two sh*ts about you? HELL NO! If they are able to determine that you are sharing copyrighted material they can, will, AND HAVE given out user names & addresses.

Let me end this with another statement for those who did not read:

YOU ARE NOT SAFE ON IRC! YOU ARE NOT SAFE ON BITTORRENT!

The bittorrent story about jail time in Hong Kong is not false. Just do your homework. I hope you take heed to what I say.

Peace

13 years ago '04        #38
x Tha Arkitek x 72 heat pts72
space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 8973 8973
^^^tha guy makes a good point...but mirc has been around fa a while...i'm guessin thats prolly cuz it doesn't get as many users cuz sum have trouble figurin it out....its not a simple search, select, click download button program...LONG LIVE mIRC!!!!!! haha

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 11-09-2005 at 08:35 AM..

13 years ago '04        #39
HTownkilla 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,298 | Props total: 41 41
edonkey has alot of sh*t on it but it downloads slow

13 years ago '05        #40
HiRolliN 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,222 | Props total: 3567 3567
good lookin out on the info yellowone, dont let the non beleivers get to you. no one ever thinks it can happen to them until it truly happens to them.

11-09-2005, 05:23 PM         #41
Jblac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn......

11-09-2005, 05:30 PM         #42
JediGohan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This ain't anything to worry about. You can get arrested in China for anything.

11-10-2005, 06:33 PM         #43
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JediGohan said
This ain't anything to worry about. You can get arrested in China for anything.
funny thing is JediGohan.... there was a guy that wrote scripts that broke security on DirecTV access cards. He had the EXACT SAME AVATAR you have as his logo.

His stuff was good. Guess where he is? Oh and yeah he was in good ol america. I'm not tryin to scare yall. I'm just sayin stop brushin it off and get ya a.ss secure!

For the peepz that gave thx... & propz thanks and I'll prop ya back.

11-21-2005, 12:07 PM         #44
Ameen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ that f*g**t....

he should be sent down for downloading "Miss Congeniality"

11-21-2005, 12:09 PM         #45
bLuR`inC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahaha...too bad for that person.

i rather use limewire or download it off some forum.

13 years ago '04        #46
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,281 | Props total: 68 68
yellowone, why dont you do us all a favor and do a little tutorial of how we can maximize our security on the net when we download things here, or do it in the Jukerbox, im sure it will help everyone on boxden and teach them not to be so ignorant. That even tho they havent been caught, it will teach them how to stay secure and upload some programs to maintain cloaked on the net and keeping out the "bad guys".

it you do, much apperication man.

11-22-2005, 07:58 PM         #47
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sucks for him to be used as an example to the world shame how every system works

13 years ago '04        #48
icefrogg 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 0 0
so i think i'm understanding this but then again i think i'm a little confused. who are they mainly going after people who upload the files or people who download the files? waht is the safest things out there to do this stuff on? what are ways to block people out?

13 years ago '04        #49
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,819 | Props total: 197 197
1) mIRC is safe because it is a INTERNET RELAY CHAT. They cant even find out who is giving what, unless they were giving it out themselves, and that is against the law. I forgot what its called, infringement or something. Thats why cops cant sell crack or provide copywritten material, they can only download or buy it and arrest the provider.

2) They are going after the providers first. The people who upload. Like I said, they cant go after downloaders because in order to do that they would have to be an uploader themselves, which would be against the law. The only way they could get away with that is if the defendant didnt know his law, and 99.9% of the time, he doesnt.

3) Use firewalls and PeerGuardian 2 to block people out.

4) The safest thing would probably be Boxden, and mIRC. Or private FTPs.

11-23-2005, 05:46 PM         #50
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm gonna start sayin names now cause every time I step away from this thread there is more IGNORANCE posted. Before you get all pissed off check the definition of IGNORANCE.

ignorance

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, or a willful lack of desire to improve the efficiency, merit, effectiveness or usefulness of one's actions. Ignorance is also a "state of being igorant" or unaware (not knowing).

I'm not even going to bother explaining the whole point againt cause I sound like a broken record. Just browse the thread and look for the post I made that quotes an IRC Channel stating that they will be cooperating with Law Enforcement in its crackdown on piracy.

Keep thinking that they can't see your transfer. Remember this one thing. YOUR ISP CAN SEE YOUR TRANSFER! That's even if you think the IRC channel is unaware of that bot serving up the movies & music.

Seriously though...how many criminals do you think said "it's foolproof....it's the perfect crime!" Now sit back and think about wether or not you wanna be that individual when the axe falls.

Finally, I'm not saying that you guys should stop. Practically speaking thats like tellin 15 year olds don't have s3x. It's not gonna happen. What you do tell the teenager that thinks he knows everything is to STRAP UP & BE SAFE. So that's what I'm tellin you. Stop thinkin you can't get pregnant and BE SAFE!

PUT A CONDOM ON YOUR CONNECTION! STRAP UP & BE SAFE!

Last edited by yellowone; 11-23-2005 at 05:49 PM..

Home         

most viewed right now
Oct 14 - Internet Censorship Just Took Leap Forward, And Hardly Anyone Noticed
11 comments
7 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson Split, Engagement Called Off
129 comments
10 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Yo I Did Not Know Matt Hughes Was This Bad After His Train Accident.
39 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside music 👎 but she cute tho
14 comments
6 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent’s goons stomp out Jimmy Henchman in jail
85 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Aubrey Graham: "I never went to black barbershops, my mom was terrified..
152 comments
12 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj thought Queen was trending on iTunes, was the band Queen
70 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside These hoes so fake they faking camel t0es
14 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Snoop Dogg found out who "Kiki" is and is going at Kanye's neck
38 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Gilbert Arenas speaks on if Kevin Durant ruined the NBA
56 comments
8 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Ya’ll look at Derek Carr’s day VS. Seahawks
50 comments
8 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Yaki Kadafi Saw 2pac's Shooter & Orlando Anderson Wasn't The Person Tha..
44 comments
13 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Did Rick Ross smash this Dubai Dame
23 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Bow Wow OFFICIALLY BACK & GOT ONE!!! Outta My System Part 2!!
28 comments
6 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Patriot fans throwing beer on Tyreek Hill...
70 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside RED Bones 🥣 🥤🍯🍦
38 comments
10 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 14 - CBS 60 minutes Interview shows painting hanging in WH of Trum..
37 comments
6 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Wtf Jim Jones (rapper) doing the worst bench press form ever!
40 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Former ‘American Idol’ Star Gets Busted For Alleged Heroin Distribution
23 comments
7 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Oct 14 - Oil could hit $200 'or even double that figure'
10 comments
7 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Cowboywiz
BLACK FIST
Blaffy
Dash
messy marv stan
isthistobe
baddie
Good Guy Ry
Dade County
ROD
Top 10 most slapped recently
BlackDynamite
suavehooper
Cait
dtdroid
The Bully
BLACK FIST
Soulo
Da_realness
Papi

most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside Drake Ethered Push, Ye and his haters with “Nigga, you was in your 20s ..
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside onlyyaelin
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Newly discovered Chinese creature eating through concrete
92 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Nipsey Hussle posts $1,000,000 bond for brother
220 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Gates having another outbreak
83 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Didn’t Know Where Else To Post, But RIP
34 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside 50 Cent accepts Khabib's offer to go to see him and his Team in Dagest..
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 6 Jimmy Butler "Diffused Blue" (dec)
27 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy