Oct 26 - First BitTorrent user gets sent down

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #1
5553 pageviews
72 comments

EASTLondon|S 
space
space
$7,842 | Props total: 0 0
Oct 26 - First BitTorrent user gets sent down

Iain Thomson, vnunet.com 26 Oct 2005

A Hong Kong man has become the first person to be found guilty of using BitTorrent for piracy.

Chan Nai-ming, 38, used the popular P2P application to distribute three films, Daredevil, Red Planet and Miss Congeniality.

He was arrested in January and found guilty on three charges of copyright infringement at Tuen Mun Magistrates' Court in a four-day trial. He will be sentenced next week.

The arrest was made by the Hong Kong Customs Service, which said that it is pleased with the verdict and that use of the software had dropped 80 per cent since the arrest.

In the US the FBI shut down popular BitTorrent site Elite Torrents in May for alleged copyright infringement. P2P users are increasingly moving to other networks in light of the activity.

Nai-ming's conviction is indicative of China's increasingly tough line on piracy. In July the country started to shut down websites hosting MP3 music files, but piracy remains a huge problem.

Industry pressure group the Business Software Alliance estimated recently that 90 per cent of Chinese computers use pirated software.

[pic - click to view]

News article link

Last edited by EASTLondon; 10-26-2005 at 05:06 AM..

72 comments for "Oct 26 - First BitTorrent user gets sent down"

12 years ago '04        #2
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
wow their catching up to torrents now smh
 10-27-2005, 11:47 AM         #3
Katsumoto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ahh man...yea there def. catching up now...there about to really start cracking down on people now...good read East
 12 years ago '04        #4
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,663 | Props total: 6786 6786
has any 1 gotten caught wit mirc yet??
 12 years ago '04        #5
KnightOfTears 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,656 | Props total: 489 489
I read a story somewhere that stated alot of people moved from bittorrent sites to eDonkey. Personally I hate eDonkey, but oh well, we will see what happens in time.
 12 years ago '05        #6
Dew215 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,389 | Props total: 0 0
I'll take my chances solely on here. fu*k that.
 10-28-2005, 01:50 PM         #7
alex0966 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read man, pplz need to be careful where they gettin their stuff
 10-28-2005, 01:55 PM         #8
2suave4tv 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn that make me wanna chill all 2gether on bit torrent, it's been actin funnny lately n-e way
 12 years ago '04        #9
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,663 | Props total: 6786 6786
 Dew215 said:
I'll take my chances solely on here. fu*k that.
w/ all these programs goin away...sooner or later there will b no "here (jukebox), exactly where do u think people on tha box is gettin these CDs from??

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 10-29-2005 at 03:45 PM..
 10-29-2005, 12:17 AM         #10
playon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man thats fu*ked this poor cat wonder what his sentence will be
 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM         #11
MilesPrower 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 playon said:
man thats fu*ked this poor cat wonder what his sentence will be

sh*t its China after all...maybe the guillotine or a public shooting ?!
 10-29-2005, 11:03 AM         #12
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To bad only the main seeds get caught

and i didnt read it all but a china guy? so i a.ssume this didnt take place in america? if not WHO CARES? if it did take place here.. sucks for him i been using BT since it dropped and ill continue to use it till something better comes along

Last edited by EASTLondon; 10-31-2005 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: accidental
 10-30-2005, 09:14 PM         #13
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lemme drop a few things on some of you ignorant a.sses.

#1) E-Donkey, Emule and the like networks were exposed to action BEFORE bittorrent was.

#2) People that espuse that the IDEA of Bittorrent is whack obviously don't understand it at all. The IDEA is so frsh & fly that Hollywood has commissioned the original developer to come up with a pay per usage version of Bittorrent.

#3) If you are running ANY P2P app nekkid on the internet then your subject to taking a hit. There are a bunch of things to help protect you PeerGuardian & ProtoWall just 2 of them.

Stop acting like the end is near cause it was bound to happen.

Stop acting like ish is wack cuz you don't understand how it works.

Oh & also just like you know about Boxden and the hidden areas of it...there's a gang of peepz that don't and don't understand how you can get access to the wealth of stuff forums like this provide.

Take that into account....cuz there are a BUNCH of bittorrent trackers that you guys apparently don't know about it. EVERY knew movie is on Bittorrent if not the week of release then BEFORE. EVERY new album is on bittorrent ... and you can check sites like Raphustle.com for em..although I will say I have not found an R&B tracker yet.

Wallow in your ignorance if you choose...just don't spew it to thers.
 12 years ago '04        #14
EASTLondon|S  OP
space
space
$7,842 | Props total: 0 0
 Styl3s said:
To bad only the main seeds get caught

and i didnt read it all but a china guy? so i a.ssume this didnt take place in america? if not WHO CARES? if it did take place here.. sucks for him i been using BT since it dropped and ill continue to use it till something better comes along

Isn't BiTorrent worldwide? ...so you could be downloading from someone in another country.

Last edited by EASTLondon; 10-31-2005 at 04:36 AM..
 10-31-2005, 09:59 AM         #15
Wally 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EASTLondon said:

Industry pressure group the Business Software Alliance estimated recently that 90 per cent of Chinese computers use pirated software.
They probably even run on pirated Windows :D
 10-31-2005, 08:09 PM         #16
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gee wizzz cookie monster, would you call this THEORY?

Get Rich Or Die Trying...available on BT RIGHT NOW!! This is the MOVIE not the album. The swarm speed (meaning the average download speed for you foshomoney ) is 100K.

Now I know you don't believe me and it's probably cause you tried bittorrent once or twice and gave up cause the speed sucked. You found some web site with torrent trackers and signed up and the speed sucked....cuz most ppl were leeches.

MEANING

They downloaded the sh!t and stopped seeding so the spped drops dramatically. It's basically the difference between Boxden and your average suck a.ss forum where ppl don't say thanks and re-up to keep the jukebox rollin'.

Course though...you keep believein' that. I'll leave foshomoney with one last thought. YOUR ISP DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU. Guess what? They know that bittorrent makes up the majority of Internet traffic at this point. So much that they attempt to throttle bandwidth on the default ports used by newbie BT users.

Many advanced sites for this reason (Like the now defunct Elite Torrents) use non-standard ports. Hmmm the most advanced ISP's get it about Bittorrent.... so does Hollywood. But of course foshomoney it didn't work for you so it's only theory and must be wack.

Somethin tells me.... there's definitely somethin wack in this thread but it's not Bittorrent.
 10-31-2005, 08:58 PM         #17
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm gonna add one more thing for you ppl that want to get started with BT but don't know how. Bittorrent's most popular software is called Azureus. People will tell you there are easier clientz to setup but it has a wizard and is a lot easier now and by far is the most powerful.

Download Azureus
Go sign up at a semi-public site.
* Movies..Demonoid, Filelist
* Music..Raphustle etc..
* Adult..Empr0nium, b00tytorrents
* Appz..Mininova or your above listed movie sites.

The quality is better. The speed is better. There IS a learning curve. However, if you take a few minutes you'll never go back to the Gnutella Networks again. Shareaza even combines the Gnutella networks WITH bittorrent capability for those of you who can't let go.

Just stop sayin ish is wack cuz you couldn't figure it out. I've given you the info...use it so you won't be ignorant anymore (meaning without knowledge).
 10-31-2005, 09:43 PM         #18
dipset-threat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im still gonna downlad
 10-31-2005, 10:59 PM         #19
dex1can 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mirc will never be cracked down on cuz its a discreet p2p connection

people will always be dumb and share anywhere even if the gov't is looking at it, so ur fine if u jsut DL stuff

cuz DLing from mirc u can't get caught becuz no1 can know that your dling cuz its a private connection within a chat server
 11-01-2005, 05:48 PM         #20
yellowone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's not be silly ppl. I'm commenting here cuz I got love 4 yall and what we share in common. I'm not trying to dog anyone out. So take what I say as constructive criticism. It tppk me all pf 2 seconds to find the following headline. If you don't read it all READ THE LAST LINE OF THE ARTICLE!!!

MPAA targets IRC users

A spokesperson from the IRC-chat network says "We've been forced to change our Acceptable User Policy after being contacted by the MPAA. We value our users' privacy, but we can't advocate illegal activities and we're ready to work with the MPAA in solving these issues". The IRC network has many TV episode distribution channels who's main aim, according to the Motion Pictures a.ssociate of America is to "distribute, sell and advocate the pirating of copyrighted works". Although this IRC network is not located in the United States, they're still required to respect the laws there of.

IRC-Chat wasn't the only one hit hard with the MPAA's hard stand. DALNet (formerly the world's largest chat network) has been forced to change it's rules and regulations. The network plans to monitor and moderate it's 30,000 to 120,000 users constantly,

You think they aren't gonna give you up if they get sued? Yeah, right..keep readin

By nature IRC is UNSECURE...your ISP has your IP address...the channel has your IP address.....your transfer includes your IP address. Not sure what an IP address is...well just consider it like THE ADDRESS TO YOUR HOUSE. Cuz it is. ISP's are required to maintain logs and be able to a.ssociate IP addresses with individual users.

BOTTOM LINE: Protect yourself...Peer Guardian, Protowall...etc

YOU ARE NOT SAFE ON IRC.
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy