are sony explodes speaker really bad or is it just a rumor

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10-19-2005, 06:12 PM         #26
DaWhiteBoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Heard That They Blow Really Fast..

10-19-2005, 06:21 PM         #27
calicheese  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The sony explodes have a pretty bad sub in them. To stoned to think of the actual term. But ya the bass sucks in them, thats what I'm trying to say. Dosn't matter much, expecially if you have a high pass filter on your stereo you can make all your bass go to the amp and none through the speakers or very little come through.

10-19-2005, 06:25 PM         #28
blackluv2004  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sony speakers is weak a.ss fu*k!

10-20-2005, 12:13 PM         #29
tf_8817  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sony speakers suck but thier cds players are good

10-20-2005, 12:28 PM         #30
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i will say is sony shouldn't be in the mobile electronics business, they should stick to home entertainment and sh*t. in car audio you get what you pay for, you pay little your going to get little. I wouldn't even think about wasting the $175 on them.
one
GhosT

10-20-2005, 08:48 PM         #31
FaKe ReCorDs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhosT said
all i will say is sony shouldn't be in the mobile electronics business, they should stick to home entertainment and sh*t. in car audio you get what you pay for, you pay little your going to get little. I wouldn't even think about wasting the $175 on them.
one
GhosT

they only $140 a pair new at wal-mart no two 12's box is worth $35 too me i'd make one fo dat sh*t i can get fiberglass fo $50-$75 at my local audio shop

$175 in a box used is a waste of loot

10-22-2005, 09:40 AM         #32
kidwave  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sony is the sh*t

10-22-2005, 04:51 PM         #33
Falcon_no7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kidwave said
sony is the sh*t
the sh*t i just flushed down the toilet. ive heard some sonys, never owned n e. but for a person just trying to put some kind of knock in thier car, i GUESS sonys would work. a friend of mine had 2 12"s in the cab of his 200(2-3?) ford ranger edge. it got loud, but you could save that money u were gonna spend that on somethin better. get an older alpine headunit or somethin else 1st. u will relize later on y they r telling u not to get sonys.

13 years ago '05        #34
74southwest 
space
space
$349 | Props total: 16 16
 Drug Dylan said
:applause:

[sarcasm]Because....JL's watts are different from all others amps, their 1000 watts is actually louder and better than Orion's 2400...dont you know anything? Its JL or NOTHING[/sarcasm]
yeah jl has a brainwashin formula they spread thru they products.....i guess

13 years ago '05        #35
S.W.A.T.S 
space
space
$108 | Props total: 0 0
A yo I got a 12inch sony xplod sub. It hit hard but I got mine in a fiberglass box. The guy told me at Best Buy that if you gone get that particular sub, then it sound better in the fiberglass. I got a 800 watt Xplod amp too. (The one that look like a stop sign) Peace.

13 years ago '04        #36
okiWHITE 
space
space
space
$498 | Props total: 2 2
man... havnt yall heard of bangin` cars? much cheaper if your just buying, or can be completely free.... jus depends on how bad you want it

10-23-2005, 02:56 PM         #37
BIG_MIKE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 soininmymusic said
im being offered 2 12"subs sony explodes for 175 with a box and ive heard alot of rumors saying that there not worth anything because the quality is bad and there just plain o crap any information would be usefull.............

on the real u could play those speakers and they will sound cool! But, u have to have a good radio so it would sound right. Now the best radio is a Eclips!

10-23-2005, 04:24 PM         #38
SEG_representin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some rockford fosgates are good...they get low and they got good quality...my dude has got 2 punch stage 1 12"s and they sound good as hell

10-26-2005, 10:13 AM         #39
The Chef  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sony xplod happens to be close to the bottom of the barrel when it comes to car audio...BUT..if ur not going all out to blow out any one else with a system or ur not tryna make everyone at the stop light feel ur music and see all ur lights dim out....then the xplods are str8...if u wanna stay low budget and ur not gonna turn it full blast all day long...then go wit the xplodz...another thing is...the amp makes night and day diff ...no matter wut sub u get...get a good amp ..and the box...the box makes the sub sound good...so get a custom box built with alot of cubic space...makes for more boom.....me myself ..less is better....buy yourself a dimaond audio cm3 sub for 150 and a custom box for about 75 and a good amp...that was my 1st system and it was good....hit hard was loud.....

10-27-2005, 12:31 AM         #40
Supra404  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they really are garbage man, I used to work at a circuit city and I saw more sony explode speakers and subs come back than apex dvd players when they first came out for $40

10-28-2005, 12:45 AM         #41
Miklo17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo I got two 12" sony exploads in my lincoln mark VIII and those are some good subs. Ive had em for bout 3 years now in two different cars and bump hard. i got a regular older 1000 watt amp and a power cap with box i made myself siliconed out it sound hott. I definitely recomend sum sony expload speaker but the hexagon ones and not the old circle ones

10-28-2005, 03:46 PM         #42
duce_badd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sony...........is............crap. i had teh sony deck and it caught on fire, i got another one and it also caught on fire. so fu*k sony sh*t. now i got rockford amps and subs with infinity speakers. those are the sh*t

10-29-2005, 02:06 AM         #43
Dat_Nigga_Marv  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To all those who say sony xplods are crap...you are wrong its all in the enclosure. The enclosure will really be the the determining factor of how it sounds.(Sonys in a 4 Cuft box ported to 32 hz > your JL W3's)those were the first subs I and they've taken well over 600 watts rms for the last 2 years. While they aren't the greatest in "clarity"(Who buys fu*kin subs for clarity?) they are pretty decent....

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+49online now  55
Video inside My cousin just made it to Worldstar (caught his girl in bed with a nigga)
179 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+36online now  51
Video inside funny as sh*t: Jack thriller takes over EXXXOTICA 2018
72 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-101online now  31
Ancient Egyptians were more EUROPEAN than African
101 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+29online now  28
Article inside When did you know your marriage was doomed?
123 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+275online now  28
NBA They Leaked The Uncensored Altercation Between Kevin Durant & Draymond Green
103 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+177online now  24
Image(s) inside Im Not Really In To BBW But This One Could Get The Ring
97 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+64online now  21
Mac Miller Planned His Death. Swimming is a Concept of Death