Penn State will go undefeated and win it all (05 edition)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
191 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '05        #701
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
 JBeezy said:
Vince Young is a Heisman canidate regardless of what did to Michigan. He's sh*t on alot of teams this year, THAT'S why he's a canidate.

You can also thank Oklahoma for last years NC game too.....secondly....that Michigan team that lost to USC in the Rose Bowl beat your team 35-21 to get to the Rose Bowl.........

Regardless of their perfomances in the last two Rose Bowls....they still won the Big Ten two years in a row........
Nah Vince Young's heisman canidacy started against UM.....5 tds, he made michigan look horrible, that's all people were talkin about in the offseason.

If UM would have beat USC no one would be talkin about them being a dynasty right now.

I'm just saying if UM would have won those 2 games, CFB would be totally different today.

BACK2BACK Rose Bowl losers!!!

anyways that's the past.......

Nov 19................. :finger: michigan.
 11-13-2005, 09:09 PM         #702
Escrow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
Nah Vince Young's heisman canidacy started against UM.....5 tds, he made michigan look horrible, that's all people were talkin about in the offseason.

If UM would have beat USC no one would be talkin about them being a dynasty right now.

I'm just saying if UM would have won those 2 games, CFB would be totally different today.

AKA Back to Back Big Ten Champs :applause:
 12 years ago '05        #703
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
I'd rather be back to back Fiesta Bowl WINNERS [especially one being the national championship] over back to back Rose Bowl losses.
 11-13-2005, 09:20 PM         #704
Escrow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
I'd rather be back to back Fiesta Bowl WINNERS [especially one being the national championship] over back to back Rose Bowl losses.

Me too...but Big Ten Championships arent too shabby either
 12 years ago '05        #705
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 Escrow said:
Me too...but Big Ten Championships arent too shabby either
Not at all, sh*t is hard to do.
 12 years ago '05        #706
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
The Big Ten needs a championship game, if Purdone were any good they could have won the B10 without playing OSU or UM, that's ridiculous.
 12 years ago '04        #707
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:

Your right....but he had a mediocre season this year, he wouldn't be in the race but he's had a GREAT season. That USC team that beat Michigan was a GREAT team that would have beat the Buckeyes that year as well. And even with Vince Young sh*tting on Michigan's defense like he did, they still lost by only 1 and were 2 inches away from winning(Ball was that close to Ernest Shazor and Prescott Burgess)But hey a loss is a loss.......
 12 years ago '04        #708
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
 BadAzzYelloGirl said:
The Big Ten needs a championship game, if Purdone were any good they could have won the B10 without playing OSU or UM, that's ridiculous.
They would have to add a 12th team though.......can't have one with only 11 teams in a conference......I say bring Notre Dame to the Big Ten and let's make that Championship game happen......they already play damn near every team in the Big Ten anyway
 11-14-2005, 10:36 AM         #709
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah it seems like wisconsin never has to play th top teams
 12 years ago '04        #710
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5334 5334
see how predictable wisconsin is weeks ago it was said they would end up falling out of the race .. lets go , msu beats psu and michigan ends up winning the big ten .. either way michigan wins on saturday .. GO BLUE!
 11-14-2005, 06:08 PM         #711
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im posting my essay in this thread too

Forget that I am a Penn State fan and just think about this.

Miami Schedule

Florida State 7-10 L
Clemson 36-30 W
Colorado 23-3 W
South Florida 27-7 W
Duke 52-7 W
Temple 34-3 W
North Carolina 34-16 W
Virginia Tech 27-7 W
Wake Forest 47-17 W

Lost to FSU who we now know is a very weak team. Granted it was only a 3 point loss and it was at FSU. Barely escaped with a win at Clemson. Miami won in 3 OT. Beat Colorado, USF, Duke, and Temple. 3 very weak teams and one decent team. Beat UNC but was down at halftime. The one impressive game Miami has had at Virginia Tech and the defense exposed Vick's weakness and controlled the whole game from the start. Should have made everyone realize how weak of a team Va Tech is. Va Tech has respectable wins against BC and Georgia Tech but the rest of their opponents are trash.

Now on to Penn State

South Florida 23-13 W
Cincinnati 42-24 W
Central Michigan 40-3 W
Northwestern 34-29 W
Minnesota 44-14 W
Ohio State 17-10 W
Michigan 25-27 L
Illinois 63-10 W
Purdue 33-15 W
Wisconsin 35-14 W

The first three games were confidence builders and helped PSU get off to a good start. Pulled out a win against Northwestern who turned out to be better than people expected. Crushed Minnesota and shut down Maroney. Then they beat OSU convincingly and PSU was in control the whole game. Then they went into Michigan one of the toughest places to play and special teams had a very poor game and they lost a controversial game on a last second TD. Beat Illinois and Purdue easily. Then they played Wisconsin in a game that most people thought Wisconsin would win. Penn States D shut down Calhoun who averaged less than 2 yards per carry. Sacked Stocco close to 10 times and Wisconsin never had a chance.

If Miami had beaten Virginia Tech at the beginning of the season I do not believe they would be ranked 3. Voters in the polls base their ballots on last weeks games and not the whole season. In all the computers except for one PSU is ranked 3. I know Miami destroyed Va Tech and I give them credit but they are not as good of a team as Penn State. The Big 10 is a very strong conference this year and is almost as stron as the SEC.

Now LSU i dont even have to argue. Same thing people base the rankings on last weeks games. They beat Arizona State by 4. Lost to Tennessee who was then thought to be a good team but will not get into a bowl game this year. Beat Florida and Auburn at home by a combined 7 points.

ONLY BEAT APPALACHIAN STATE 24-0 who is a great team but they are D-II. I remember from earlier years seeing the score between these teams being 70-0. 24-0 against a D-II team is embarrassing for the #4 team in the nation. Beat Alabama in OT by 3 points. Alabama has played nobody this year except for Florida who they beat soundly. So you can all see that PSU should be ranked #3.

That is the end of my essay. :D:
 12 years ago '05        #712
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
Hmmmm, well if...........................nevermind someone else tell him.

If PSU loses to MSU then all that is irrelevant.
 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM         #713
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good point. But Joe Pa has had two weeks to get his team ready and if you give him that much time he is very likely to win
 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM         #714
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go Fresno State, UCLA, and FSU
 12 years ago '05        #715
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 jordanshoes said:
Im posting my essay in this thread too

Forget that I am a Penn State fan and just think about this.

Miami Schedule

Florida State 7-10 L
Clemson 36-30 W
Colorado 23-3 W
South Florida 27-7 W
Duke 52-7 W
Temple 34-3 W
North Carolina 34-16 W
Virginia Tech 27-7 W
Wake Forest 47-17 W

Lost to FSU who we now know is a very weak team. Granted it was only a 3 point loss and it was at FSU. Barely escaped with a win at Clemson. Miami won in 3 OT. Beat Colorado, USF, Duke, and Temple. 3 very weak teams and one decent team. Beat UNC but was down at halftime. The one impressive game Miami has had at Virginia Tech and the defense exposed Vick's weakness and controlled the whole game from the start. Should have made everyone realize how weak of a team Va Tech is. Va Tech has respectable wins against BC and Georgia Tech but the rest of their opponents are trash.

Now on to Penn State

South Florida 23-13 W
Cincinnati 42-24 W
Central Michigan 40-3 W
Northwestern 34-29 W
Minnesota 44-14 W
Ohio State 17-10 W
Michigan 25-27 L
Illinois 63-10 W
Purdue 33-15 W
Wisconsin 35-14 W

The first three games were confidence builders and helped PSU get off to a good start. Pulled out a win against Northwestern who turned out to be better than people expected. Crushed Minnesota and shut down Maroney. Then they beat OSU convincingly and PSU was in control the whole game. Then they went into Michigan one of the toughest places to play and special teams had a very poor game and they lost a controversial game on a last second TD. Beat Illinois and Purdue easily. Then they played Wisconsin in a game that most people thought Wisconsin would win. Penn States D shut down Calhoun who averaged less than 2 yards per carry. Sacked Stocco close to 10 times and Wisconsin never had a chance.

If Miami had beaten Virginia Tech at the beginning of the season I do not believe they would be ranked 3. Voters in the polls base their ballots on last weeks games and not the whole season. In all the computers except for one PSU is ranked 3. I know Miami destroyed Va Tech and I give them credit but they are not as good of a team as Penn State. The Big 10 is a very strong conference this year and is almost as stron as the SEC.

Now LSU i dont even have to argue. Same thing people base the rankings on last weeks games. They beat Arizona State by 4. Lost to Tennessee who was then thought to be a good team but will not get into a bowl game this year. Beat Florida and Auburn at home by a combined 7 points.

ONLY BEAT APPALACHIAN STATE 24-0 who is a great team but they are D-II. I remember from earlier years seeing the score between these teams being 70-0. 24-0 against a D-II team is embarrassing for the #4 team in the nation. Beat Alabama in OT by 3 points. Alabama has played nobody this year except for Florida who they beat soundly. So you can all see that PSU should be ranked #3.

That is the end of my essay. :D:
Your main arguement against Miami are games at the beginning of the year....especially the first game of the year. The bottom line is Miami has gotten better since then and also hasn't lost, unlike PSU. It's the nature of the polls, you lose later in the year it hurts you more. I dont particurlarly think either team is that much better than the other and both could be the #3 team without much arguement, but to think that PSU somehow DESERVES it over Miami is stretching it.

As much as PSU is a play here or there away from beating UM, Miami was a couple of missed field goals away from beating FSU, it goes both ways.

Last edited by Y2Luda; 11-14-2005 at 06:22 PM..
 11-14-2005, 06:27 PM         #716
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well Miami should not have moved ahead of PSU after the win against Va Tech. I know they played an amazing game and completely shut down Vick but it seems like the voters only look at that game and rank the teams on that. I will be fine with it as long as USC doesnt lose and Miami gets the spot. And i hope PSU plays Miami and maybe D. Williams will be healthy. :D
 11-14-2005, 06:30 PM         #717
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I will throw up if PSU loses and UM wins. Go OSU
 12 years ago '04        #718
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
Listen guy.....PSU isn't making the Rose Bowl......so their BCS rank is irrelevent unless they somehow lost to MSU on Saturday.......Here are all possible scenarios for PSU:

1. They beat MSU, win the Big Ten(Either outright or tie breaker, depending on the Michigan/OSU game.
2. They lose to MSU and and Michigan wins. Michigan wins the Big Ten because they would have won both head to head matchups with PSU and OSU. Michigan goes to a BCS bowl and PSU would have a slight chance, depending on how far they fell. OSU prolly ends up in the Outback Bowl(Big Ten #3..maybe wrong but I'm pretty sure). If PSU doesn't get the at large bid, they'll go to the Citrus Bowl as the Big Ten #2.
3. They lose to MSU and OSU wins. OSU wins the Big Ten outright becuase that leaves them with only one loss....they go to a BCS bowl and still leaves a chance for PSU to get an at large bid...but if not...they're headed to the Citrus Bowl as the Big Ten #2. Now....that leaves Michigan, NW(play Illinois so....),Wiscy, and either Minny or Iowa with 3 losses.......then it gets all confusing and tie breakers that I don't wanna get into will be needed.....

So, just beat MSU Saturday all that sh*t ^^^ won't matter.......

Last edited by JBeezy; 11-14-2005 at 06:37 PM..
 11-14-2005, 06:42 PM         #719
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Penn State could get to the Rose Bowl with a miracle. USC has two games against ranked opponents and it is not likely Miami will lose to FSU again but there is a slim possibility. I just hope that Penn State doesnt miss out by one spot because Miami is ahead of them. But you are right they have about a 5% chance
 11-14-2005, 09:11 PM         #720
Escrow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanshoes said:
I will throw up if PSU loses and UM wins. Go OSU

It would be sweet if that happens...but I can't see PSU losing to MSU.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago