Twista - The Day After (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rate It
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 126 30.36%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 130 31.33%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 117 28.19%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 18 4.34%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 24 5.78%
Voters: 415. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-29-2005, 02:51 AM         #141
Liquid Oxygen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aight after listening to it a couple times around it grew on me but Kamikaze was still better in overall quality wise. I feel Twista sounds better over a darker heavier type beat such as Adrenaline Rush or Get Me, k!ll Us All ect. Theres nothing wrong with makin the tracks for the females, people are right in whoever says that he did that a long time ago with tracks such as Emotions. Twista is going to cater to what sells after so many years of struggling to get known, he wants to make the money and makin tracks like Girl Tonite will get him sales. The only thing i wish he did was keep to his roots for most of the album and it doesnt seem like he did this go around. The CD for the most parts, although nice to listen to, feels quite generic and not too many tracks stand out.

When I first heard Kamikaze each and every track stood out on its own, from Overnight Celebrity to k!ll Us All and Higher. This one doesnt really have very many tracks that make me wanna skip to everytime i listen to it. Is it the production and features that lacked? Possibly, Twista just doesnt sound right with Pitbull or Snoop Dogg imo. His last cd featured artists that complemented his style, such as 8ball and Ludacris, but obviously he cannot have them on every cd. The possibility might be that after the success of Kamikaze, theres not much else for Twista to accomplish. I'm not saying its a bad album, i enjoy listenin to it a lot, but it doesnt feel like a Twista album at all.
 12 years ago '05        #142
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,375 | Props total: 474 474
 PW21 said:
i think this cd is hott,,, twista always brings heat with that flow ,, its not that raw adrenaline rush type cuz hes gone commercial soft ,, but its still good music
Yeaa...havent heard it yet....But I dont think he gone top adrenaline rush jus yet....2 me...He was on a lot of darker beats then....But he had flow and story behind it...Cant really do that now (unless he go against da grain) since of commercialness...lol...But its proly nice tho...He neva spit pure bullshyt....unlike sum otha artist...

Last edited by meercy; 09-29-2005 at 04:05 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #143
chubone 
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
 T A S H said:
Do Wrong featuring Lil Kim is produced by Kanye...
Is this a fact???
 12 years ago '04        #144
chubone 
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
IMO this CD great, yeah it may be bubble gummy, full of slow tracks. But I'm pretty sure that he'll prove this album is fire when it drops!!!(how can anyone think this won't go platinum? hmmm...)Like it or not this album WILL do great! 5BX

4.5 BX what the F*ck is Pitbull on here for, reggeaton OFF! :finger:

Last edited by chubone; 09-29-2005 at 01:50 PM..
 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM         #145
jdm_2fast4u  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didnt listen to the album yet, but the cover looks tuff. imma cop it fo sho
 09-29-2005, 05:04 PM         #146
calhorn2005  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this cd is tight.. iuno who wouldnt like it.. prop and ill prop back
 09-29-2005, 05:08 PM         #147
12 Inches  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gave it a 4. heartbeat=crack.
 09-29-2005, 05:13 PM         #148
12 Inches  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killa season said:
tha heart beat song is tha worste song
 12 years ago '04        #149
Cali 
space
space
space
$296 | Props total: 12 12
Album is hot ... Has a bit of everything. Has a bit of his old stuff (first two songs). Has a bit of hard tracks... bit of mainstream ... and bit of club hits. Even the track with pitbull gets the girls hyped up in the club ... well out here in Diego it does. Overall this is 4/5 for me I can listen to the whole album ... yes even the track with pitbull too.
 09-29-2005, 05:21 PM         #150
YouA!readyKno  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chocolate Fe's And Redbones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Album Is Hot! 5 Mics.
 09-29-2005, 08:45 PM         #151
junlee_23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What the hell are some of you guys talking about?!? Albums full of Slow Jamz?!?!? The Day After, Check That Hoe, Get It How You Live, Lavish, Do Wrong, Heartbeat, Holding Down The Game, and Out Here are DEFINITELY not slow jamz...and nobody is better than Twista when he comes like he did on the majority of the songs on this album...4.5/5 BUT, I do think that he can tone down on the female songs.

My jaw just dropped when the album started tho, that first track is Twista at his rawest...as well as Check That Hoe (Heartbeat is COLD as hell too!)
 09-29-2005, 11:30 PM         #152
Killa theDon 08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Twista's flow only makes the album tight, but it does have a few to many woman tracks.
 09-29-2005, 11:35 PM         #153
liljohnson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ahhh... If another person says this album has too many tracks for the ladies I might slit my wrists. TWISTA HAS ALWAYS MADE TONS OF CUTS FOR THE LADIES... THIS AIN'T NOTHIN' NEW...
 12 years ago '05        #154
spiderjericho 
space
space
space
$829 | Props total: 215 215
^^^I'd probably give it 4/5 wit a star next to it.

I enjoyed the album, but it seemed like Duke was pandering to the mainstream. There were way too many songs for the ladies. And I don't really think I ever heard him on a hook by himself. He's an ill lyricist but the album doesn't really show that.

Last edited by spiderjericho; 10-01-2005 at 12:43 AM..
 12 years ago '05        #155
ravenfan 
space
space
space
$154 | Props total: 0 0
I give it 4/5, good tracks, hot beats but some songs wasn't feeling it
 12 years ago '04        #156
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 spiderjericho said:
^^^I'd probably give it 4/5 wit a star next to it.

I enjoyed the album, but it seemed like Duke was pandering to the mainstream. There were way too many songs for the ladies. And I don't really think I ever heard him on a hook by himself. He's an ill lyricist but the album doesn't really show that.
holdin down the game
check that hoe
get it how you live
do wrong (half the hook)

those are it with him on a hook...but yea he needs to start doin his own. but in the mainstream, hooks make the money and he needs some catchy sh*t from other artists cause his hooks are usually for the hard sh*t that aint mainstream
 10-01-2005, 05:18 AM         #157
DEE JAY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I gave it a 4/5.

Fav tracks so far:

07 Do Wrong (feat. Lil' Kim) 4:00
13 Out Here (feat. Juvenile And Speedknot 4:03 Mobstaz)
14 I'm A Winner 4:20
 10-01-2005, 10:54 AM         #158
: MCMLXXVI :  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's aight, expected a lot more from Twista's album
 12 years ago '04        #159
black ice 2003 
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 13 13
Yo yall n*ggas can clown me if you want but im feelin Lavish,That track with Jamie Foxx,and the Pitbull sh*t.
 12 years ago '05        #160
bigbeats 
space
space
$121 | Props total: 0 0
i gotta get that
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy