Sep 15 - High School Senior Wears Racist T-Shirt To School

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Cancel your plans: Rare black moon could mean end of world
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside WAK100 Calls out " TEEFY " da BUCK TOOF NIG who KNOCKED out BEANS !
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill Announces ‘DC4’ Release Date
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How Would You React?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5345 pageviews
96 comments

Da Truth Spitta 
space
space
$1,413 | Props total: 3 3
Sep 15 - High School Senior Wears Racist T-Shirt To School

Fleming senior wears racist T-shirt to school
Incident triggered f!ght; no criminal charges filed. He has left the school.

"What's up with your shirt?" Those are the words a former senior at Fleming Island High School remembers hearing as he walked from his fifth-period algebra class toward the gym. The 18-year-old, who is not being identified due to his family's concerns of safety, had just taken off his Dixie Outfitter T-shirt, exposing a highly offensive shirt.

"What about it?" replied the 18-year-old, skinny and white.

"Well, you know it's racial," said a black student, now in a group confronting the 18-year-old.

"Yeah. So?"

The undershirt the white student wore had a confederate flag on the front with the words "Keep it flying." On the back, a cartoon depicted a group of hooded Klansmen standing outside a church, waving to two others who had just pulled away in a car reading "Just married."

Two black men in nooses were being dragged behind.

Upset by the shirt, a 17-year-old black student hit the white student in the head. A crowd of about 100 students gathered to watch the Aug. 29 f!ght before authorities intervened.

The white student said he left the school following a three-day suspension. He said he was supposed to go back on a Friday but school officials called and asked his family to keep him home until the following week because "the school's in an uproar."

"Everybody was threatening to come jump me, so we were like, whatever," he said. "So I'm not going to deal with it over some stupid shirt."

Clay County school officials said the incident is isolated and both students involved were disciplined "quickly and appropriately," although they would not release specifics citing privacy concerns.

"There's no way you can prevent it when you've got students coming and bringing an attitude like that to school," said Ben Wortham, deputy superintendent.

Principal Sam Ward said Fleming Island High School's dress code prohibits such apparel, but faculty were unaware the student wore the shirt because it was covered.

"If this kid had this shirt on for very long, some teacher or administrator would have gotten him," Ward said. "... When you put this many people together, every once in a while you're gonna have somebody that does something immature and wrong."

Sgt. Darin Lee of the Clay County Sheriff's Office investigated the altercation and found no criminal action.

Lee said the white student didn't want to press charges against the 17-year-old who hit him. Offensive as it may have been, the former student's shirt is protected by free speech, Lee added.

The white student, who is now enrolled at a community college, said he got the shirt about a week before the incident for $10 at a flea market. He said he typically took off his shirt on the way to the gym, and on that day he didn't think about what he wore underneath.

He said he put the shirt on in the morning because he planned to wear it to a party that night with others who, like him, had enlisted in the Marines.

"I'm not racist or anything," he said. "It's just, some people I hate, some people I don't get along with. And black people just happen to be the ones because they think they're better than everyone else."

The student said his parents were shocked at his decision, Mom dismayed and Dad disappointed.

"I just can't believe you'd wear a shirt like that to school," he said was their reaction. "My mom was kind of upset about it. My dad was like, whatever, it's your life."

The 18-year-old said he has friends who are black, and he said he does not think they would be mad at him because they know he would not do what was depicted on the shirt.

Although a friend has borrowed the shirt, the man said it is "more than likely" he'll keep it in his own wardrobe.

"I'm a redneck," he said. "But no, I'm not racist."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.jacksonville.c .. 19772830.shtml

96 comments for "Sep 15 - High School Senior Wears Racist T-Shirt To School"

11 years ago '04        #2
Tastemaker331 38 heat pts38
space
space
$36,827 | Props total: 1287 1287
This is news?...redneck dudes would wear sh*t like that all the time in high school. Maybe not as blatant but it would have the confederate flag and sh*t up there. I hate when white boys who wear shirts with that flag say they are not racist because if they really knew what it stood for they woudln't be wearing it (thats if they werent racist). Good thing the majority of my high school was black so whenever a white boy would wear sh*t like that, something would end up happening to him. But yea. fu*k that dude, he should get his a.ss beat.
 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM         #3
Snaj 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn man, that is pretty stupid of the kid to wear a shirt like that, even if he isn't racist, people don't know that, and especially since he's white and all, hell, no one should wear that shirt.
 11 years ago '04        #4
A-Team 
space
space
$661 | Props total: 2 2
Kiiiillllll whiiiitteeeyyyy-chris farley black sheep lol
 11 years ago '04        #5
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 8 8
how can u wear that nad say ur not a rascist.. its like weighing 600 pounds and saying ur not fat...
 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM         #6
Three... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 11 years ago '04        #7
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,711 | Props total: 388 388
Yep, it happens.
 11 years ago '05        #8
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Truth Spitta said:
Upset by the shirt, a 17-year-old black student hit the white student in the head. A crowd of about 100 students gathered to watch the Aug. 29 f!ght before authorities intervened.
:applause:
 11 years ago '04        #9
t-man20001 
space
space
$1,804 | Props total: 0 0
whippins
 11 years ago '05        #10
The Problem 
space
space
$1,587 | Props total: 171 171
thats right down the street from me.... like 10 miles down the street... DUVAL stand up
 11 years ago '05        #11
The Problem 
space
space
$1,587 | Props total: 171 171
oh yah... wearing a shirt like that to school isn't cool
 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM         #12
thakillahmic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I'm not racist or anything," he said. "It's just, some people I hate, some people I don't get along with. And black people just happen to be the ones because they think they're better than everyone else."

f*ck that bi*ch made punk a.ss muthafu*ka how can u not be racist wearin that $hit lucky i didnt get to that little punk bi*ch wuld be in a body bag if he met me. pu$$y mothaf***a
 11 years ago '04        #13
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
He knew what he was doing, too bad he didnt know that a.ss whooping was coming
 09-15-2005, 04:33 PM         #14
nkwu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude got a semid ogod story, but is RETARDED. "i didn't think of what im wearing" , you shouldn't have htat shirt in the first place. sh*t

and "im not racist i just odnt like black people cuz htey think theyre better than everyone"...and follweod by "i have black friends" SMH. SMH.
 09-15-2005, 04:36 PM         #15
SmokeOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol i cant even be mad cuz his reasonin on wearin da shirt dont even make sense, first he says he dont get along wit black people then he says he has black friends? i didnt really get da whole story Im jus glad he got his a.ss beat cuz he deserves it.
 11 years ago '05        #16
DeeplyRooted 
space
space
$551 | Props total: 0 0
Yeh they shouldve beat the living sh*t outta him. I hate dumb a.ss people like that.
 09-15-2005, 04:42 PM         #17
xhail 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a free country he could wear what he wants.... As long as he can take the a.ss whoopin

at dat kid
 11 years ago '04        #18
Da Ill One|M 4591 heat pts4591
space
space
$45,300 | Props total: 4458 4458
 Ateace3 said:
how can u wear that nad say ur not a rascist.. its like weighing 600 pounds and saying ur not fat...

Actually you can weigh 600 pounds and not be fat....Muscle does way more then fat...so it is technically possible...
 09-15-2005, 04:48 PM         #19
dragonpac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't see how thats racist?
 11 years ago '04        #20
Da Truth Spitta 
space
space
$1,413 | Props total: 3 3
 ErnieB said:
This is news?...redneck dudes would wear sh*t like that all the time in high school. Maybe not as blatant but it would have the confederate flag and sh*t up there. I hate when white boys who wear shirts with that flag say they are not racist because if they really knew what it stood for they woudln't be wearing it (thats if they werent racist). Good thing the majority of my high school was black so whenever a white boy would wear sh*t like that, something would end up happening to him. But yea. fu*k that dude, he should get his a.ss beat.
its news to me and seems to be to everyone else, especially when you wearing something as offensive as a shirt with two black men being dragged behind a truck after what happen some years back. I tell you things will never, ever change.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That's the most beautiful ass I've ever seen
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
146 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Mary J Blige Just Topped Her Legendary Fried Chicken Jingle....
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov x Gucci
108 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Did this nigga meek just have the audacity to make a post about winning
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Super Nerd in Awe of HDR 4K FORZA
38 comments
1 day ago