Sep 12 - Kanye West Says whites can't use Black slang words

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
79 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
92 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean Kingston Files 900K Dollar Lawsuit After Chain Snatching Leaves H..
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
11890 pageviews
219 comments

Dayton937 1 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 0 0
Sep 12 - Kanye West Says whites can't use Black slang words

WEST REVEALS RACIAL LINES IN SLANG USE

Hip-hop star KANYE WEST is advising his white counterparts that they can only use certain slang terms when they're out of style for black people.

The JESUS WALKS rapper - who recently charged that US President GEORGE W BUSH "doesn't care" about African Americans - believes that certain slang words should only be able to cross racial barriers when they're no longer in style for black people.

He says, "I think white people are allowed to say 'bling'. They are allowed to say old-school black slang, like 'hottie' and 'homie'.

"Actually, I do not think that (white people) are allowed to use slang until it is at least a year old. If you say a slang word too early, it's like you're trying to be black. So as long as the slang is a little played out, you're all good."

10/09/2005 18:00

[pic - click to view]

ContactMusic.com

*As a white person who is surrounded by black people using slang everyday of my life, i personally think this is a fu*king racist thing to say, and is absolute bullsh*t....Im dissapointed in kanye, what do ya'll think?

219 comments for "Sep 12 - Kanye West Says whites can't use Black slang words"

11 years ago '04        #2
dunnlanguage41 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
yea, i mean kanye what does kanye want....i cant figure out if kanye wants to be white or black, this is very f'd up

KANYE WEST = PIECE OF SHAT
 11 years ago '04        #3
SmilezSantana 
space
space
$1,934 | Props total: 0 0
I think Bush put this statement out....100
 11 years ago '04        #4
Mat The W 
space
space
$10,386 | Props total: 0 0
sounds like he was joking imo
 11 years ago '04        #5
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
 Mat The W said:
I was gonna say the exact same thing
 09-12-2005, 11:30 AM         #6
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rufus The Stunt said:
I was gonna say the exact same thing
i agree with you guys but this is a perfect example of how the media can misuse quotes or use part of a quote to portray a story in a different light, this sh*t happens all the time and a majority of the people who see it, don't do any further research and just take the story as truth, it happens to Howard Stern all the time, it seems like every morning he tells a story about a fake story, or twisted story, so the next time you guys read outrageous stories such as, "Barbara Bush says, 'Katrina response good enough for the poor'" just think about this and do your research before you form any opinions
 11 years ago '05        #7
66VETTE 
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 0 0
Well if he was serious....who the fu*k does he think he is? Telling people what they can and cant say. The more this guy runs his mouth, the less respect i have for him.
 09-12-2005, 11:34 AM         #8
phillies1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was just reading that sh*t this morning..It was either in my new STUFF or FHM...The n*gga was playing though
 11 years ago '05        #9
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,700 | Props total: 124 124
lol at kanye but guess it aint true but if he was forreal then he is sayin some crazy things.
 09-12-2005, 11:47 AM         #10
5ive_Micz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so kanye is now throwing up new racial barriers (is that how u write that?) and making his own rules for freedom of speech???
wahaha, who the fu*k does he think he is?
and btw...50% of the slang that is now used by blacks are all words they stole from italian and irish gangsters/mob...way to go kanye, think be4 you speak
 11 years ago '04        #11
speedyt8 
space
space
$282 | Props total: 8 8
this is the type of sh*t that segregates black and white people. if white people can't use slang just because it was made up or made popular by black people, that is like saying kanye can't wear polo's cause they are made by a white man.... i'm still gonna bump his music tho.
 09-12-2005, 11:54 AM         #12
SHOWTIME 17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ yeah right, it sholl aint no 50% homie!!! Well i know it aint in tha souf, half tha slang we say is sh*t folks say bein lazy about talkin or somethin like that. I luv what he sed cuz i'm takin it for what it is..... a joke (and a funny one at that).
 09-12-2005, 11:55 AM         #13
phillies1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5ive_Micz said:
so kanye is now throwing up new racial barriers (is that how u write that?) and making his own rules for freedom of speech???
wahaha, who the fu*k does he think he is?
and btw...50% of the slang that is now used by blacks are all words they stole from italian and irish gangsters/mob...way to go kanye, think be4 you speak

your opinion is your opinion but what slang we EVER steal from italian and irish gangsters???...You cant be serious
 11 years ago '05        #14
Dayton937 1 heat pts
space
space
$853 | Props total: 0 0
 Mat The W said:
But even if he was joking, if your in the public eye like that you cant just say something like that and then say u were joking,,,,thats like saying eminem can just say that he was joking about that racist sh*t on that tape about black women and it would be ok! naw. i know thats a much more severe case, but its still not exeptable....i hope hes jokin' tho
 09-12-2005, 12:17 PM         #15
Whitey Crayon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanyeezy be frontin', ya hurrd! lol.
 09-12-2005, 12:38 PM         #16
Five 'n' Lash 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IMO THERES ONLY ONE WORD WHITE PEOPLE CANT SAY, "NI&&A" I DONT CARE WHERE U GREW UP. ONLY ONE EXCEPTION, IF UR MIXED THATS IT. I CANT EVEN STAND IT WHEN LATIONS USE IT, ESP. ARABICS, VERY OFFENSIVE.......just my opinion though........
 11 years ago '05        #17
blazerock 9 heat pts
space
space
$932 | Props total: 3 3
I think he was joking...
 09-12-2005, 12:39 PM         #18
DarkDaze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree, regardless if west wus playin or not, that comment will be still taken way out of context by the media, and as a result, more racial barriors will most likely emerge
 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM         #19
TheGlitch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white people saying my dude
 11 years ago '04        #20
dblock278 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,621 | Props total: 3 3
what an ahole
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
111 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
191 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
27 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
51 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy