Image(s) inside Ms Aly OMFGIFTSOTB
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I Believe Meek Mill Pushed DC4 Back To October Smh
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Wack 100 vs. Maino (09-30-2016) [ANTICIPATION / DISCUSSION THREAD] Tale Of The..
230 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA D Wade low key Goat ankle breaker!
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-08-2005, 01:05 PM         #1
6301 pageviews
105 comments

breakitdown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 9 - 50 Cent: 'I Feel Like Kanye West Is Successful Because Of Me'

[pic - click to view]

http://www.mtv.com/news/a .. headlines=true

50 Cent: 'I Feel Like Kanye West Is Successful Because Of Me'
09.08.2005 1:39 PM EDT

50 may focus on working overseas in coming months, but film and G-Unit projects are on the way.
50 Cent
Photo: Frank Micelotta/ Getty Images

"Everybody feels a way about K/ But at least y'all feel something," Kanye West raps about himself on "Bring Me Down," a track from his new LP. Some detractors have said West talks too much. 50 Cent, however, is one person who says he wants to hear a little bit more from West.

"He puts together witty phrases and he's a great talent as a producer, but I still don't know who Kanye West is when I listen to him," 50 said recently in Miami. "By listening to the record, I don't know who he is — I know he's been in a car accident, that's what I know."

50 had been talking about how Mase was a perfect fit for G-Unit Records (see "50 And Mase: The Pastor Isn't Officially G-Unit Yet, But A Song Is Already Out"), but he then offered some unsolicited opinions about Kanye and why the Louis Vuitton Don has been one of the few MCs to sell major units in the last few years.

"I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me," he said. "After 50 Cent, [hip-hop fans] was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."Since his trip to Miami for the VMAs, 50 has taken off — to Europe, where he and the G-Unit are on a tour that's slated to conclude in London on October 16 (see "50 Cent Touring Europe To Make Up For Anger Management 3 Cancellation"). When 50 returns, he'll be promoting his movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," and its accompanying soundtrack. Afterward, rather than heading into the studio to record a new LP, 50 said he might return overseas to build up his international fan base.

"My next album, I don't know [when it'll come out]," he said. "You think [the people] need a break? I may have to give them a break. I want to see what they do if I sit down for a minute. When I say 'sit down,' I don't mean I won't be active — I'll leave the U.S. for a little while. I'll go outside the country and start developing my base outside the country a little more while they think I'm at home chillin' — then I'll come back and finish them off."

It's not like he's leaving his fans in the lurch, though: He just re-released The Massacre with bonus material, and "Get Rich" is slated for release on November 9.

"The music is great," he said, smiling, about the soundtrack. "I feel they should anticipate the soundtrack like they should anticipate the next 50 Cent album. I got great performances from each one of the artists: Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Mobb Deep, Olivia, M.O.P. I was able to let them work, and while they're recording their albums, I took my favorite records from them, like, 'Oh, that's hot. Let me put that on my soundtrack.' I took my favorite records."

50 admits that collecting the hottest records for his soundtrack was a little selfish, but he wanted to make a soundtrack that stands the test of time — besides, he's the boss.

"I put the people closest to me on it," he added of the album. "I don't have a lot of friends. When I look around, I play a role different from the average friend. Your friend is somebody you have a personal relationship with, but your friend doesn't actually employ you. Sometimes I'm sure they would like to tell me '50, would you shut the f--- up!' Or 'Get out of here!' But they don't tell me that 'cause I employ them."

Tony Yayo's debut, Thoughts of a Predicate Felon, will debut at #2 on the Billboard albums chart next week. M.O.P. is in the studio. Mobb Deep say they have an abundance of material recorded and are in the process of discussing which songs to include on their next LP (see "50 Cent Wants To Sign Mobb Deep, M.O.P. To G-Unit Records" and "Mobb Deep Lose Label Deal — And They're 'Thrilled' "). Olivia just filmed a video for her next single, "So s3xy," in Miami with her entire musical family; her debut LP, Behind Closed Doors, is slated for release this fall.

For an excerpt from 50 Cent's book, see "From Pieces to Weight".

— Shaheem Reid

Last edited by breakitdown; 09-08-2005 at 01:08 PM..

105 comments for "Sep 9 - 50 Cent: 'I Feel Like Kanye West Is Successful Because Of Me'"

11 years ago '04        #2
jspek 
space
space
$1,012 | Props total: 0 0
wtf....makes no sense. 50's too full of himself. somebody slap that foo.
 09-08-2005, 01:10 PM         #3
BaY510BiZnEsS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LoL@ 50 leaving the country for a while.n*gga knows he aint safe out here no more.
 11 years ago '05        #4
g0tt1 198 heat pts198
space
space
$8,837 | Props total: 767 767
These 2 are perfect for each other
 11 years ago '04        #5
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
How is the fu*k is 50 what the hell does 50 have to do with any of Kanye's success? 50 needs to get off his own d!ck, dumb a.ss n*gga.
 11 years ago '05        #6
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,435 | Props total: 2 2
Now he burning britches with Kanye too?!! Yeah run to Europe with your a.ss, and you might wanna stay there.
 09-08-2005, 01:16 PM         #7
HipnotiK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow.... his ego has officially gotten bigger than his muscles LMFAO

@ this homo thinkin he runs the rap game....

50 was some c*cky muthafuka before he even blew up and ever since he sold 11 mil it went to his fukin head, he thinks he actually is the biggest n*gga in the rap game
 09-08-2005, 01:17 PM         #8
D_roc01 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL, what the fu*k does he mean? Makes no sense that Kanye sold cuz of him. Somebody shoot this fool 9 more times and add number 10 to make sure he stays down.
 09-08-2005, 01:20 PM         #9
HipnotiK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha he tryin to get his international fanbase bigger becuz in USA he's fallin off, everyone in the US is gettin bored of his f*g**t a.ss if you check the sales a lot less people in the states bought the massacre than get rich or die tryin

g-unit = finished

Last edited by HipnotiK; 09-08-2005 at 01:20 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #10
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,193 | Props total: 64 64
 HipnotiK said:
wow.... his ego has officially gotten bigger than his muscles LMFAO

@ this homo thinkin he runs the rap game....

50 was some c*cky muthafuka before he even blew up and ever since he sold 11 mil it went to his fukin head, he thinks he actually is the biggest n*gga in the rap game
um name another artist bigger than 50 cent?
 11 years ago '04        #11
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,522 | Props total: 61 61
Being dead serious...50 is gonna get pushed off his white horse....he's talking too too much...no matter what the situation is.I see he's just trying to keep his name in the streets no matter what it is....thats why people and myself ....really dislike him...talent is one thing..but additional things that don't pertain to anything makes him look stupid
 09-08-2005, 01:33 PM         #12
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
Jay-Z, wait til the Dynasty album comes out in Dec. (not announced, but i know it's coming); it'll sell more it's first week then massacre did
 11 years ago '04        #13
jkp 1 heat pts
space
space
$504 | Props total: 182 182
this guy is outta control......Jay could say the same thing about every hip hop record since vol.2 "made em relate to your struggle, told em bout your hustle, went on MTV with do-rags.....i made them love you" so true so true....yeah but anyways "fiddy" is out of control
 11 years ago '05        #14
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
 BaY510BiZnEsS said:
LoL@ 50 leaving the country for a while.n*gga knows he aint safe out here no more.
aint that the truth
 09-08-2005, 01:35 PM         #15
Grand_Hustl3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:

depends on where u live, usa? jay z..
 09-08-2005, 01:35 PM         #16
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude is out is monkey a.ss mind
 09-08-2005, 01:36 PM         #17
Arkanjal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 g0tt1 said:
These 2 are perfect for each other
exactly what i was thinkin
 11 years ago '04        #18
kocaine187 
space
space
space
$1,491 | Props total: 0 0
R.I.P. 50 Cent,

Boy he dissing alot of Jay's artists, and kanye would take 50 lyically, we all know what 50 gonna say......'im rich, got car....blah blah'

I was a big fifty fan before....but dude just dnt know when to shut up...his days are numbered.
 11 years ago '04        #19
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 5 5
 cdoyle456 said:
Jay-Z, wait til the Dynasty album comes out in Dec. (not announced, but i know it's coming); it'll sell more it's first week then massacre did
<<<<a big Jay-Z fan but aint no fukan way Jigga gonna sell more den THe Massacres first week sales Jay can do 600K at best but dats as good as he gets
 11 years ago '05        #20
Peterparker 38 heat pts38
space
space
$18,919 | Props total: 2412 2412
I don't think 50 dissed Kanye...he said he don't know who he is in his music. Which is an opinion

he just said Kanye sold more because of 50.. 50 does sound c*cky as hell..n*gga is c*cky as hell with that statement. But I think he's saying that 50 is the bad guy. So ppl bought the good guy as well which is Kanye. Cuz Kanye is a different type of artist compared to 50. I heard him say something about this in a XXL interview. He said he respect's Kanye tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
82 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This Is What The Purge 4 Will Be About
39 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
157 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
274 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
124 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
237 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Los Angeles Lakers 2016-17 NBA Training Camp Roster Rankings
61 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy