most viewed right now
Video inside Gucci Mane Reveals Why He Sold Young Thugís Contract
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-07-2005, 01:27 PM         #1
6056 pageviews
129 comments

gimmetunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dead Prez using the word "Crackers"

what r ur thoughts on Dead Prez's verse in the song "Ridin" on the new David Banner album "Certified"? I dont think its rite for him to have said what he said, but thats just my opinion. what do u guys think??

This is the last line of his verse, and you can click the link below to hear the song if u never heard it before.

"i hate calling ??????s ??????s so ima take it backwards, but i got no love for whitey so i love calling em crackers"

129 comments for "Dead Prez using the word "Crackers""

11 years ago '04        #2
Veno da Don 19 heat pts19
space
space
$18,958 | Props total: 1570 1570
You must be new to Hip-Hop.

DP first album was filled with sh*t like that. If that's the way they feel it just the way they feel. Right or Wrong it's on them.
 09-07-2005, 01:30 PM         #3
brian8947 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty ignorant when most of they fans white.
 09-07-2005, 01:31 PM         #4
Old Man River 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol wow..

go cop anything by dead prez..
 09-07-2005, 01:33 PM         #5
gimmetunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know they said that kidna stuff alot before, but now that racism is becomming a big issue again cuz of the hurricane and stuff, i duno it just seemed weird. just my opinion tho, im not saying im rite and theyr wrong or anyhting like that. im just curious to see wut everyone else thinks.
 11 years ago '04        #6
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,280 | Props total: 341 341
 brian8947 said:
Most of Dead Prez's fans aren't white. You'd have to ignore ALOT of sh*t to be white and listen to Dead Prez. I'm black and it was weird for me try listening to their first album. It was "Got damn, they hate white people that much?"
 11 years ago '05        #7
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,300 | Props total: 8 8
Styles also said it on "Problem Child," even though he was mad that Eminem said "n*gga" 10 YEARS AGO. I don't think it's cool that African-Americans THINK they can say "cracker", but if a Caucasian says "n*gga", it's all over. If Caucasians can't say "n*gga", why do African-Americans think it's ok to use racial slurs about every other race, sh*t's not right. Even though mad Caucasians say "n*gga" around or not around their African-American fans. And don't even try to play that slavery sh*t, y'all weren't slaves and just because 100s of years ago our people weren't treated right doesn't mean it's ok to you slurs now. I had to keep it politically correct, because if I didn't I'd be ruled out as a "Rap loving 'n*gga' who just runs off at the mouth."

Last edited by Garnet & Gold; 09-07-2005 at 01:37 PM..
 09-07-2005, 01:40 PM         #8
j_espo1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 brian8947 said:
youd be a goddamn idiot to listen to them if you were white.

p.s. mizzati i stole your avatar
 11 years ago '04        #9
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
 *eckounltd1972* said:
And don't even try to play that slavery sh*t, y'all weren't slaves and just because 100s of years ago our people weren't treated right doesn't mean it's ok to you slurs now.
100's of years? Try 30 or 40 and the sh*t still goes down today on a smaller scale and you'd be blind as hell to tell me I'm lying.

You know this whole thing has to do with the mistreatment of blacks back then. Its like 'yall did it to us back then, now its our turn.' Its like whites now have to pay for the mistake of some whites back then. I'm not saying its
right but thats the way it is.

But don't act like the sh*t isn't about even. Yeah there are a 100 rappers that say cracker, and probably of 100's of comedians that do the same. But there are also 1000's of white people all over the net talking about "?????? this" "?????? that". Hell, they're even on this site.

One thing I will say is that

100's of years of n@gger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>30 years of cracker

I'm not saying either one is okay but you can't deny that one carries alot more history and therefore is considered much more offensive. N!gger is a word that was used by slave owners, KKK members, and the same people that hung blacks. So when a black he's the word "n*gga" come out of a whites mouth its a lil too similar and some blacks get defensive. Cracker was used by people in TV shows and movies. I just don't see how you can get one word that was used by slave owners, and a word that was used by George Jefferson and put them in the same league.

Once again though. Neither word is right to use. I've NEVER called a white person a cracker and I never plan too.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 09-07-2005 at 01:54 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #10
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
 j_espo1 said:
p.s. mizzati i stole your avatar
Take it, I've got tons
 09-07-2005, 01:41 PM         #11
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *eckounltd1972* said:
Styles also said it on "Problem Child," even though he was mad that Eminem said "n*gga" 10 YEARS AGO. I don't think it's cool that African-Americans THINK they can say "cracker", but if a Caucasian says "n*gga", it's all over. If Caucasians can't say "n*gga", why do African-Americans think it's ok to use racial slurs about every other race, sh*t's not right. Even though mad Caucasians say "n*gga" around or not around their African-American fans. And don't even try to play that slavery sh*t, y'all weren't slaves and just because 100s of years ago our people weren't treated right doesn't mean it's ok to you slurs now. I had to keep it politically correct, because if I didn't I'd be ruled out as a "Rap loving 'n*gga' who just runs off at the mouth."
Lemme guess you love whitey? Uncle Tom maybe? Nah I'm playin wit u fam... I feel what u sayin... I think racism as a whole is bullsh*t... But sad thing is it will always be here because of biggot a.ss f*g**ts nah mean... So we just gotta let sh*t roll off our backs... But I'm black and gotta put up wit da sh*t in one way or another everyday... So i see where some of DP's anomisity comes from...
 11 years ago '04        #12
stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,716 | Props total: 7 7
"Who shot biggie smalls, if we don't get them, they gonna get us all, i'm down for runnin up on them cra*kas in they city hall" Dead Prez-Hip Hop

Last edited by stay alert; 09-07-2005 at 01:47 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #13
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,273 | Props total: 8 8
they do nothin to dead prez but someone white says n*gga they quick to jump on it
 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM         #14
All4n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dead Prez are racist, so are alot of other black people. White people are racist too, get over it. Dead Prez have some hot songs, and I'm white.
 09-07-2005, 01:51 PM         #15
Jez_humphrey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cracker just sounds funny to me, doesnt bother me at all(im white)
 09-07-2005, 01:52 PM         #16
Crank 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
?????? was a word used by white people to hold down blacks and show they were slaves... thats why it is not acceptable for whites to say n*gga or ??????... now cracker was never used in any sort like that and has no real meaning except soemthing you eat

Last edited by Crank; 09-07-2005 at 01:52 PM..
 09-07-2005, 01:52 PM         #17
gimmetunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stay alert said:
"Who shot biggie smalls, if we don't get them, they gonna get us all, i'm down for runnin up on them cra*kas in they city hall" Dead Prez-Hip Hop
i love that song! one of ma fav rap songs. u can even hear the beat durring the beginning of the chappelle show when hes comming onto the stage
 11 years ago '04        #18
Castro 10304 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,540 | Props total: 27 27
fu*kin crackers always complaining. but yall love to say n*gga this and n*gga that tho huh. bastards
 09-07-2005, 02:16 PM         #19
nyykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga is used by blacks as a almost a positive word, but no white people run around callin each other crackers, cracker is more offensive than n*gga, but the same as ??????.
 11 years ago '05        #20
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,300 | Props total: 8 8
 Crank said:
?????? was a word used by white people to hold down blacks and show they were slaves... thats why it is not acceptable for whites to say n*gga or ??????... now cracker was never used in any sort like that and has no real meaning except soemthing you eat
Guess you don't know that "cracker" was a word for the slavemasters because that's the sound the whip made when they were whipped. But if you say "cracker" don't mean nothing anymore, then you're right.
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
21 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
145 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fif's Bullet Catcher "Monster" Stays In The Cut!
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dave East - One Way ( Offical Video) .. Nas Has to Be Proud of him
43 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy