Little Brother- The Minstrel Show (2005)

most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Birdman Given 30 Days To Find Missing Financial Documents For Lil Wayne
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside THIS girl slaps ya girls ass in the club, what ya do?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics
5 254 55.22%
4 140 30.43%
3 35 7.61%
2 5 1.09%
1 26 5.65%
Voters: 460. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-10-2005, 12:04 AM         #121
FutureThrowback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I aint heard the album yet...Im coppin tuesday
but that track "hold on"...which is the b-side of "lovin it"
that track is sick...phonte is a beast wit the rhymes
im anticipatin this shyt heavily
 11 years ago '05        #122
Sub Crazy 14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,988 | Props total: 318 318
THis sh*t is hot. THis ties with AZ's AWOL for my album of the year. 5 mics
 11 years ago '04        #123
from_me_to_u 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
I hope everyone who's feelin' it actually cop this joint.

Especially with all the hate they getting from ZZZL, The Sog, CET (**** Entertainment Television) and Dieacom
 09-10-2005, 09:30 AM         #124
wildey84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not exacltly a classic
 09-10-2005, 11:09 AM         #125
Keeno16 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that little brother was being anticipated and long awaited by me, and feel that its gonna be one of the hottest albums of the year. i love hot music and they brought that hot music.
 09-10-2005, 02:46 PM         #126
wmjj47 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do people hate on Little brother. i been down with them since 2002's the Listening and they have just propelled themselves as one of the industries stars in the making. Phonte and Big pooh's lyrics are at least in the top 15 in hip hop right now. And even though people hate on 9th Wonder beats (some of his do sound repetitive), did people ever question Premier, Dr. dre, or eminem beats even though they also had beats that sound the same (Eminem especially!!!!) I have not heard not one dull beat from 9th since he been out. On a scale of 1-10, his lowest had to be a 7.5. Little brother speaks the truth, Don't Sleep!!!
 11 years ago '05        #127
jordan21 
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 0 0
 wmjj47 said:
Why do people hate on Little brother. i been down with them since 2002's the Listening and they have just propelled themselves as one of the industries stars in the making. Phonte and Big pooh's lyrics are at least in the top 15 in hip hop right now. And even though people hate on 9th Wonder beats (some of his do sound repetitive), did people ever question Premier, Dr. dre, or eminem beats even though they also had beats that sound the same (Eminem especially!!!!) I have not heard not one dull beat from 9th since he been out. On a scale of 1-10, his lowest had to be a 7.5. Little brother speaks the truth, Don't Sleep!!!
people hate on eminem beats all the time

cosign on everything else tho
 09-10-2005, 03:46 PM         #128
thakillahmic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hot like fire def. pick up this album. one.
 09-10-2005, 10:11 PM         #129
Rodger Klotz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just checked this out... a few tracks got a good feel to them... but overall I think this album could have been alot better... I'm goin' to give it a 3/5...
 11 years ago '04        #130
Antman187 
space
space
space
$852 | Props total: 33 33
I ain't even listen to it yet.... 5 Easy
 11 years ago '04        #131
RoyceDa59 216 heat pts216
space
space
$14,086 | Props total: 1223 1223
Keep giving this album the praise it deserves y'all
 11 years ago '04        #132
knownomniscient 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$2,504 | Props total: 286 286
I give this album a solid 4 or 4.5. You can play every track, but I dont know if its the beats or the lyrics, it just doesnt seem to have to have the perfect blend of the first album. Defintly worth purchasing though.
 09-11-2005, 12:11 AM         #133
chitilla23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Worth your $$$$ - L.B.'s , A.Z.'s , Mugz n GZA , & CunninLynguists......

SEPT.... been good to me
 11 years ago '05        #134
Valediction 
space
space
$503 | Props total: 0 0
5, fantastic album, not quit The Listening though. Definately coppin in stores. 9th k!lled the beats, Phonte's the truth right now!
 11 years ago '05        #135
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$10,999 | Props total: 2078 2078
Little Brother is the sh*t...deserves a 5, easy. FROM BEGINNING TO END, A COMPLETE ALBUM. Not just a bunch of songs thrown together on a CD. Worth every penny.
 11 years ago '04        #136
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,684 | Props total: 3 3
Cot dam this ish is fire. It's still a five to me because I don't skip any tracks on the album. Can't wait till tomorrow to cop my two copies. My fav joints are:

Hiding Place ft Elhzi- the joint is hot with Te and El going back and forth with incredible chemistry. No disrespect to Pooh (He is dope), but Elzhi would fit perfect as the other MC in Little Brother.

Lovin It- Crazy beat with crazy lyrics, nuff said

Cheating-This song is so funny, you have to like this

We Got Now- Damn I want a Chaundon album, perfect way to close an album

Sincerly yours- Pooh lets you know the real deal and that he is a more than credible Mc, never thought that he really had to prove anything

Slow it down- sick beat, Phonte wants a girl when he wants a girl and when he doesnt want a girl he wants a girl that understands that. I think all of us fellas can relate to this.

Those are just the ones that I repeat everytime they come on but like I said, no track gets skipped. And the Diary of a Mad Black daddy is one of the funniest skits i ever heard, up there with the Fugees chinese store joint. I just wish the album had more joints. They should have left Holding on on there and added some other joints on there, thank goodness for their mixtapes and the Ipod so it doesnt even matter. Don't think i'll be putting this album down for a long time.
 11 years ago '04        #137
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 1 1
Oh my God, real music at it's best. I love this album. I feel like a kid in a candy store wit this album along wit Late Registration
 11 years ago '04        #138
flipside 
space
space
space
$304 | Props total: 0 0
good looks
 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM         #139
Absalute_LGX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DarkDaze said:
Props 2 LB, 5/5, he came hot
bwahahah at this guy, skimming through the album, giving it a 5/5 and not even noticing that LB is 2 emcees. You suck guy. Bwahahah oh sh*t im laughing so hard.

dudes hand out 5/5 like its nothing. a 5 is a classic. If you didn't realize that Little Brother is not one guy then you are obviously not worthy of giving any rating at all.
 09-12-2005, 05:23 PM         #140
Absalute_LGX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 htown said:
are these guys actually from north Cak, they don't have the same country accent like a Petey Pablo or something.
yes they are most definitly from North Carolina. They all went to North Carolina Central together. I belive 9ths from Winston, and I know Pooh and Taye are from the Raleigh Durham area.

Although, Pooh is originally from VA, but he reps NC.

AND YEAH ABOUT THE COUNTRY ACCENT. you must not know many people from NC. It really isn't very country.

most dude's don't have a southern drawl or none of that here. Especially within the Justus League, cuz those dudes are doing more like NY or Chicago type hip hop. Rather then that dirty iddish.

But yeah I gave this album a 4/5. I was very impressed, and Phonte uhhhummm excuse me Percy Miracles, k!lls it on the R&B tip on Cheatin'
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
97 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
73 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
216 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
55 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
105 comments
2 days ago