Little Brother- The Minstrel Show (2005)

most viewed right now
NFL Jaguars Jalen Ramsey with a real suspect interview
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
143 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Budden's Take on Meek/Game
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics
5 254 55.22%
4 140 30.43%
3 35 7.61%
2 5 1.09%
1 26 5.65%
Voters: 460. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #101
bretboi 
space
space
$1,216 | Props total: 0 0
nice album by little brother 4/5 peace
 09-07-2005, 07:09 AM         #102
Obie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5/5...
 11 years ago '04        #103
htown 
space
space
space
$2,635 | Props total: 249 249
are these guys actually from north Cak, they don't have the same country accent like a Petey Pablo or something.
 09-07-2005, 08:06 AM         #104
Killa #4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gave it a five
 11 years ago '04        #105
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
never really took the time to listen to Little Brother but after hearin this, its def one of the best this year, its nice to hear an album that sounds like an actual album n not just songs thrown together. sh*t brings it back definitley my kind of sh*t

4-4.5/5
 11 years ago '04        #106
Liquid-Science 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$17,204 | Props total: 227 227
why the fu*k is everything a 5/5 around here

either everyone's a fu*kin record exec or you mofos got no standards
 11 years ago '04        #107
K1DWONDER 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 1 1
man i'm from the south, but i'm not going to be bias like yall up north n*ggas and say its garbage just because of my region, but man this sh*t is tight is fu*k,5/5, classic sh*t, this is better than kanye by a lil bit, i gave kanye a 4.5/5 due to game verse being taking off of crack music, but man this little brother is tight is fu*k
 11 years ago '04        #108
K1DWONDER 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 1 1
also, that sh*t would be nice to hear my n*gga common on some of these beats
 11 years ago '05        #109
jaydee24 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 0 0
great cd, i love the whole thought behind the album. its exactly how theindustry is now. that "cheatin" song is on some funny r kelly sh*t. overall its a great album. 4/5 they have grown as a unit, but i've been listening to their first cd "the listening" alot and i guess they took a while with this one but i don't think this is better though.
 11 years ago '05        #110
DatChiNig 
space
space
$210 | Props total: 0 0
If ya'll analyze the album, You will also be able to recognize the elevation in Pooh's lyric game. We all know that Phonte is gonna do his thing, and that 9th is gonna do his. Pooh has always been the wild-card. He was pretty inconsistent in his flow in the past . But on this sh*t, and on Sleepers too (If yall don't know, You sleep for real) I have been pleasantly surprised. The album is pretty much what I expected from LB. I could talk all day about the album. Ya'll just gotta listen to "All for you" though. By far the most personal track on the album, and best on the album as well.
 09-07-2005, 11:01 PM         #111
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt have to skip a song, sooo hot. 5/5 Perfect music for chillin in my room doing homework or something.
 09-07-2005, 11:07 PM         #112
MoThaNAMilliON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was hott...gotta cop dis...
 09-07-2005, 11:38 PM         #113
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 good album nothing else
 11 years ago '04        #114
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 3027 3027
The South is dominatin'

i gave this a 4 on the poll but its really 4.5

ima prolly buy it.

at first i wasnt feelin' like dat but was in a really bad mood at the time. Now dat my mind is clear n' balanced somewhat, this CD is tight n' well put together.

NC nicca
 11 years ago '04        #115
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,637 | Props total: 4160 4160
you know an album is truly a piece of art when it tells a story, or you feel like your getting a listening into the life of the particular rapper.

little brother never fails in that aspect.

buy this album. support real music.

i'm only a few tracks deep so far (been a long day so i just got it...) but i can already feel the album has substance.

g'yeah!
 09-08-2005, 02:26 AM         #116
YusufSaad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean it was called the Minstrel Show but the title didnt match the album. i was expecting to hear some real "concious" sh*t about real issues going on around the world or even in America, but all i got was "dope rhymes dope beats" as Rapper phonte liked to say it. and yes, i do want more. he said "dope rhymes dope beats what more could you want?" well ill tell him i want a messege(sp) their album is talking about the nameless wack emcees that are ruining hip hop and girls and a track about his dad. theres just enough in this album for people to call it concious, like UBN and The Minstrel Show, but these guys are like the minstrels their hating on, arnt they? i guess it was a cool album, like mos def, talib kweli's and common's, but none of those artist are really "concious" and i mean if they are then so if Ludacris and The Game equally, cause theyve said sort of concious things from time to time. now dead prez is concious, bringing new idea's into peoples minds, after 4 listens, The Minstrel Show couldnt even hold a Handle to dead prez-Lets Get Free
 09-08-2005, 03:22 PM         #117
[([EJ])] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 mics without question..ive never felt an album deserved 5 mics more than this album
imo, phonte is the best emcee out right now..and YusufSaad the cd IS conscious if you really listen, phonte get mad deep its just that he dont come out and say exactly what he's speakin about, but if you really listen you get the picture
 09-08-2005, 05:43 PM         #118
RelaxMode82 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really solid effort. 4/5
 11 years ago '05        #119
Frant!k 
space
space
$754 | Props total: 0 0
one of the few classics this year! 5 mics IMO
 11 years ago '05        #120
buuzero 
space
space
$610 | Props total: 2 2
4/5

And it's not that geared toward women. Like the one track seems to be making fun of r&b. That sh*t is so fu*king cookie-cutter it's ridiculous. Solid album though. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could. I upped it in the mixed bag section if anyone needs it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
103 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
640 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
34 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
19 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
81 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Jon Favreau To Direct Live-Action Reimagining Of ‘The Lion King..
53 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy