squad up!

Little Brother- The Minstrel Show (2005)

sponsored links

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics
5 254 55.22%
4 140 30.43%
3 35 7.61%
2 5 1.09%
1 26 5.65%
Voters: 460. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-10-2005, 12:04 AM         #121
FutureThrowback  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I aint heard the album yet...Im coppin tuesday
but that track "hold on"...which is the b-side of "lovin it"
that track is sick...phonte is a beast wit the rhymes
im anticipatin this shyt heavily

13 years ago '05        #122
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,998 | Props total: 3036 3036
THis sh*t is hot. THis ties with AZ's AWOL for my album of the year. 5 mics

13 years ago '04        #123
from_me_to_u 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
I hope everyone who's feelin' it actually cop this joint.

Especially with all the hate they getting from ZZZL, The Sog, CET (**** Entertainment Television) and Dieacom

09-10-2005, 09:30 AM         #124
wildey84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not exacltly a classic

09-10-2005, 11:09 AM         #125
Keeno16  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that little brother was being anticipated and long awaited by me, and feel that its gonna be one of the hottest albums of the year. i love hot music and they brought that hot music.

09-10-2005, 02:46 PM         #126
wmjj47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do people hate on Little brother. i been down with them since 2002's the Listening and they have just propelled themselves as one of the industries stars in the making. Phonte and Big pooh's lyrics are at least in the top 15 in hip hop right now. And even though people hate on 9th Wonder beats (some of his do sound repetitive), did people ever question Premier, Dr. dre, or eminem beats even though they also had beats that sound the same (Eminem especially!!!!) I have not heard not one dull beat from 9th since he been out. On a scale of 1-10, his lowest had to be a 7.5. Little brother speaks the truth, Don't Sleep!!!

13 years ago '05        #127
jordan21 
space
space
$1,114 | Props total: 2 2
 wmjj47 said
Why do people hate on Little brother. i been down with them since 2002's the Listening and they have just propelled themselves as one of the industries stars in the making. Phonte and Big pooh's lyrics are at least in the top 15 in hip hop right now. And even though people hate on 9th Wonder beats (some of his do sound repetitive), did people ever question Premier, Dr. dre, or eminem beats even though they also had beats that sound the same (Eminem especially!!!!) I have not heard not one dull beat from 9th since he been out. On a scale of 1-10, his lowest had to be a 7.5. Little brother speaks the truth, Don't Sleep!!!
people hate on eminem beats all the time

cosign on everything else tho

09-10-2005, 03:46 PM         #128
thakillahmic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hot like fire def. pick up this album. one.

09-10-2005, 10:11 PM         #129
Rodger Klotz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just checked this out... a few tracks got a good feel to them... but overall I think this album could have been alot better... I'm goin' to give it a 3/5...

13 years ago '04        #130
Antman187 
space
space
$896 | Props total: 84 84
I ain't even listen to it yet.... 5 Easy

13 years ago '04        #131
RoyceDa59 250 heat pts250
space
space
$15,249 | Props total: 6228 6228
Keep giving this album the praise it deserves y'all

13 years ago '04        #132
knownomniscient 22 heat pts22
space
space
space
$3,814 | Props total: 2602 2602
I give this album a solid 4 or 4.5. You can play every track, but I dont know if its the beats or the lyrics, it just doesnt seem to have to have the perfect blend of the first album. Defintly worth purchasing though.

09-11-2005, 12:11 AM         #133
chitilla23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Worth your $$$$ - L.B.'s , A.Z.'s , Mugz n GZA , & CunninLynguists......

SEPT.... been good to me

13 years ago '05        #134
Valediction 
space
space
$505 | Props total: 3 3
5, fantastic album, not quit The Listening though. Definately coppin in stores. 9th k!lled the beats, Phonte's the truth right now!

13 years ago '05        #135
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,745 | Props total: 4824 4824
Little Brother is the sh*t...deserves a 5, easy. FROM BEGINNING TO END, A COMPLETE ALBUM. Not just a bunch of songs thrown together on a CD. Worth every penny.

13 years ago '04        #136
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,686 | Props total: 17 17
Cot dam this ish is fire. It's still a five to me because I don't skip any tracks on the album. Can't wait till tomorrow to cop my two copies. My fav joints are:

Hiding Place ft Elhzi- the joint is hot with Te and El going back and forth with incredible chemistry. No disrespect to Pooh (He is dope), but Elzhi would fit perfect as the other MC in Little Brother.

Lovin It- Crazy beat with crazy lyrics, nuff said

Cheating-This song is so funny, you have to like this

We Got Now- Damn I want a Chaundon album, perfect way to close an album

Sincerly yours- Pooh lets you know the real deal and that he is a more than credible Mc, never thought that he really had to prove anything

Slow it down- sick beat, Phonte wants a girl when he wants a girl and when he doesnt want a girl he wants a girl that understands that. I think all of us fellas can relate to this.

Those are just the ones that I repeat everytime they come on but like I said, no track gets skipped. And the Diary of a Mad Black daddy is one of the funniest skits i ever heard, up there with the Fugees chinese store joint. I just wish the album had more joints. They should have left Holding on on there and added some other joints on there, thank goodness for their mixtapes and the Ipod so it doesnt even matter. Don't think i'll be putting this album down for a long time.

13 years ago '04        #137
L.E.S 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 2 2
Oh my God, real music at it's best. I love this album. I feel like a kid in a candy store wit this album along wit Late Registration

13 years ago '04        #138
flipside 
space
space
space
$318 | Props total: 12 12
good looks

09-12-2005, 05:16 PM         #139
Absalute_LGX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DarkDaze said
Props 2 LB, 5/5, he came hot
bwahahah at this guy, skimming through the album, giving it a 5/5 and not even noticing that LB is 2 emcees. You suck guy. Bwahahah oh sh*t im laughing so hard.

dudes hand out 5/5 like its nothing. a 5 is a classic. If you didn't realize that Little Brother is not one guy then you are obviously not worthy of giving any rating at all.

09-12-2005, 05:23 PM         #140
Absalute_LGX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 htown said
are these guys actually from north Cak, they don't have the same country accent like a Petey Pablo or something.
yes they are most definitly from North Carolina. They all went to North Carolina Central together. I belive 9ths from Winston, and I know Pooh and Taye are from the Raleigh Durham area.

Although, Pooh is originally from VA, but he reps NC.

AND YEAH ABOUT THE COUNTRY ACCENT. you must not know many people from NC. It really isn't very country.

most dude's don't have a southern drawl or none of that here. Especially within the Justus League, cuz those dudes are doing more like NY or Chicago type hip hop. Rather then that dirty iddish.

But yeah I gave this album a 4/5. I was very impressed, and Phonte uhhhummm excuse me Percy Miracles, k!lls it on the R&B tip on Cheatin'

13 years ago '04        #141
Veno da Don 24 heat pts24
space
space
$20,589 | Props total: 4014 4014
9th was getting boring to me (Just being honest sorry.)

But this sh*t is pure fire great lyrics and beats.

One of the best of the year. 4/5 and prolly higher.

13 years ago '04        #142
Veno da Don 24 heat pts24
space
space
$20,589 | Props total: 4014 4014
 Absalute_LGX said
bwahahah at this guy, skimming through the album, giving it a 5/5 and not even noticing that LB is 2 emcees. You suck guy. Bwahahah oh sh*t im laughing so hard.

dudes hand out 5/5 like its nothing. a 5 is a classic. If you didn't realize that Little Brother is not one guy then you are obviously not worthy of giving any rating at all.

09-12-2005, 05:34 PM         #143
DilatedMan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I loved this album, I would give it a 4.5 mics if I could, great album

09-12-2005, 06:11 PM         #144
thakillahmic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
little brother is hot like fire everyone shuld get this album

13 years ago '04        #145
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
To anyone from "up north" (above Maryland), NC is very country, I know and have several friends from that area and their accent is distinguishable. I can tell the difference from 9th and Pooh because Pooh has more of a DC type accent while 9th's is heavier. Cats like Chaundon won't have a NC accent or drawl cause he's from the Bronx. Even though they are doing NY/Chi type hiphop doesnt mean that when they talk you cant hear it. I also think that they sometimes make it a point not to sound like the dirty dirty because they really dont want to be affilated with that type of music. And you made a good point, they are all educated so they arent going to sound like ignorant uneducated fools who **** like a Petey Pablo or a Lil Jon

Absalute_LGX said
yes they are most definitly from North Carolina. They all went to North Carolina Central together. I belive 9ths from Winston, and I know Pooh and Taye are from the Raleigh Durham area.

Although, Pooh is originally from VA, but he reps NC.

AND YEAH ABOUT THE COUNTRY ACCENT. you must not know many people from NC. It really isn't very country.

most dude's don't have a southern drawl or none of that here. Especially within the Justus League, cuz those dudes are doing more like NY or Chicago type hip hop. Rather then that dirty iddish.

But yeah I gave this album a 4/5. I was very impressed, and Phonte uhhhummm excuse me Percy Miracles, k!lls it on the R&B tip on Cheatin'

13 years ago '04        #146
BMoore 
space
space
space
$156 | Props total: 3 3

also additional reviews at the same site...

13 years ago '04        #147
djmattis 
space
space
$3,079 | Props total: 0 0
crappy cd

13 years ago '04        #148
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
Quality post!!!

On a brighter note, went and copped my Little Brother Album today and met another fan who worked at the store. Had about a one hour conversation about how dope Justus League is.
 djmattis said
crappy cd

09-13-2005, 09:01 PM         #149
Product_of_soci  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i expected more out of it. the single was most def hot.

13 years ago '04        #150
Dez919 
space
space
space
$278 | Props total: 0 0
Fire.......

Home      

top in section
online now  47
24 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
online now  28
30 comments
top in news
top in section
online now  17
66 comments
top in games

most viewed right now
online now  52
Video inside Tom & Jerry taught kids the truth of women from day uno
30 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  47
Video inside F*ck it!!!! I'm due for a ban..........
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  42
Video inside Erik"N'Jadaka"Killmonger is out here winning! got himself a japanese gal
19 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  26
NFL Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay sets NFL rookie record
21 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside Apple Releases iOS 12! (HUGE UPDATE)
113 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  18
Everyday Struggle trashes Eminem's "Killshot" diss
110 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Marvel Announces 'Killmonger' Series For Black Panther "Villain"
77 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Sep 17 - Every Cell Phone in America Will Receive a Text Message From ..
127 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy