Sep 2 - Kanye West, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill 5:07AM
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside New footage of beanie getting knocked out !!!
109 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside News Anchor Who Quit on Live TV to Sell Weed Faces 24 Years in Prison
106 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-03-2005, 09:29 AM         #101
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHOWTIME 17 said:
they call those people "tokens" which means they are only hired b/c it makes him look like he ain't racist. come on dude....
man dont waste your these people, i swear alot of people on here is as blind and ray charles and stevie wonder and sometimes i fell they still can see better than yall..... powell and rice are prime examples of what a sellout is, they dont know the 1st thing 2 being black, they are real uncle tom's in every sense of the word......
 11 years ago '05        #102
KKK_Killer 
space
space
$496 | Props total: 0 0
 Stillers said:
The ony problem I see is that Kanye alienated some white people, to the point where some of them didn't donate money when they would have if they wouldn't have been distracted by Kanye's statement.

I think the important point that we're missing is the media's refusal to be critical. Major media outlets have succumbed to the administration's agenda and gets scared and runs away from any deviation of that. The newspapers and television used to be an outlet for people to protest and keep the government in check. Now the media is used by the administration as a tool for control.

One of the best posts in BX history on race.
 Powermoves said:
We have 400 years plus of proof. We could start to list them for you...
I'm not getting on you but why do white people find it so hard to believe that things are done to black people because of race. I'm 34, black..my parents are from the south, they were born in 1939 and 1942. They have seen lynchings they have had to ride the back of the bus. They have drank from "blacks only" water fountains and have watched movies from black's only sections of theatres. They have watched Jackie Robinson break the color barrier and blacks get beat in the streets and water hosed by fire departments while the police stood by and did nothing. They have also watched the government send in the national guard just so one little black girl could go to the University of Mississippi.
My parents are 63 and 66. I say all of that to say this.....My parents are still here and healthy..do you think all of those racist people are not still alive too?
Do you think some of them do not still hold political office and positions of power???? Do you think some of them did not pass along there racist views to their children???? America has only only passed legislation to try and insure that we live up to the language and goals of our constitution, but you cant legislate peoples feelings.

YEs God Damnint..This sh*t Be pissing ME off. The Oppressors always say sh*t like it's not cuz you black.. Man i need to start smackin these FOOLS.. What you dudes posted is REAL TALK....
 11 years ago '04        #103
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 348 348
 playon said:
ill give kanye credit i always disliked his c*ckiness but 4 once he has spoken about the right thing at the right time.
gotta agree there, usally when he speaks its, "i deserve an award, pass me the tissue box, why do rappers disrespect f*gs, pass me my dildo" finally spoke on something worth speaking on
 11 years ago '05        #104
KKK_Killer 
space
space
$496 | Props total: 0 0
 SinCere Da Don! said:
The gay rapper has done it again

Man You Gay f*got... Just cuz Kanye Talk Real Talk.. What you want to hear k!ll a nig*a ! Stupid f*g-OT..
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Last edited by KKK_Killer; 09-03-2005 at 09:33 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #105
Rajj 
space
space
$993 | Props total: 5 5
not sure if he will receive "flack" for saying what he felt and commented on the information put out there...bottom line..way too many died in the aftermath of this tragedy. the president was way too busy on vacation to react properly...black folks are suffering, dying for the mishandling of this! he shows every chance that he gets that he (Bush) doesn't give a...about people of color.
 09-03-2005, 09:36 AM         #106
Kaliym 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ppl need to stop with their agendas against kanye with the blah blah he samples and blah blah he's arrogant. the fact is racism has been a huge problem in this country for a long time and the reason why the government isn't helping as quick as they could is b/c of racism. ppl who tuned in know that they are raising money for the hurricane and it would benefit them to hear the truth. the fact is new orleans is largely populated with blacks and only poor ppl stayed to wait out the storm b/c they had no choice. so yea...every background, culture, and race is dying there....but an overwhelming majority is black. "i hope his career is destroyed over this..." that sounds more like a person who doesn't like kanye as a person than actually thinking his comments were bad.
I couldn't say it better myself
 09-03-2005, 09:36 AM         #107
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man all yall people speaking on the outside looking in alot of yall dont have a clue besid4es what's being shown on the t.v. those people aint showing everything, notice everytime that show something it's a negative image portraying blacks i seen a handfull of white people stealing and doing other sh*t... The media knows jus what the hell they doing and i'm damn glad nagin said what he said, because he has been down there with those people the whole time, he hasn't shave eaten or taken a bath because he knows what his job is and that's to run the city... bush can tell yall whatever he wants, but you have to be here to witness this,, stop defending your president everytime he fu*ks up..........
 09-03-2005, 09:54 AM         #108
Bella 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i appreciate West fa all that sh*t he said....
he spoke tha truth.....

sh*t I felt tha same way he did, but unlike most people he had balls to say suttin

Last edited by Bella; 09-03-2005 at 10:01 AM..
 09-03-2005, 09:56 AM         #109
All4n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He looked nervous, but that statement took balls. I respect him for saying it.
 11 years ago '04        #110
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,470 | Props total: 24 24
 SleepyThug said:
Freedom of Speech, heard of it? :finger: :finger: :finger:
I've heard of freedom of speech. The fact that Kanye seams to make everything a race issue is making me think he is a complete jack a.ss. I'm white, yet I feel for everyone down on the Gulf Coast affected by this disaster. He turned this into a war of white's against blacks. He is ignorant, and should never be allowed onto live television again.

As for him bringing racial issues to the forefront of the nations biggest disaster is just absurred. I understand that George Bush is an a.ss hole. I think he could care less about the people there. But Kanye saying anything relating to race, in this time of need ... just makes him look like a a.ss hole, especially to the white people who turned in to watch this NBC special.

Thanks alot Kanye ... I'll never buy anything with your name on it again.

Last edited by Wawdy24; 09-03-2005 at 10:18 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #111
djrabbi 
space
space
$710 | Props total: 2 2
cant hate on him cause its tru, even though im not black
 11 years ago '04        #112
double211 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$315 | Props total: 10 10
fu*k Kanye West, and fu*k George Bush
 11 years ago '04        #113
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,470 | Props total: 24 24
 djrabbi said:
cant hate on him cause its tru, even though im not black
I can understand the thing about the racial issue thing. I think he looked more like a jackass for saying that (And I despise George Bush). He should have took some time to think of what he was going to say, and not just lash out. My prayers go out to everyone in New Orleans, and the smaller community's affected by this disaster ... but we don't need people like him blaming things on color of skin. We all need to band together ... and stop with all this racist sh*t. First things first ... Bush should be out of office.
 11 years ago '04        #114
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 0 0
kanye told the truth about bush

Last edited by memyselfni; 09-03-2005 at 10:30 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #115
Pegcityplaya 
space
space
$1,747 | Props total: 0 0
kanye is an idiot, im fu*kin sick of this guy already, bush is an idiot tho.
 11 years ago '04        #116
benzsl4585 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,670 | Props total: 0 0
:applause: kanye :applause:
 09-03-2005, 10:55 AM         #117
AU1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with Kanye. He says what everyone is afraid to say because they don't want to be criticized and bashed by white america or the upper class black folks. They ran to Biloxi and Gulfport mighty fast but took forever to get New Orleans and just getting to Mobile where my family is. Race isn't playing a major factor but it is still a FACTOR. So does class status because those are poor black and white people.
 09-03-2005, 11:11 AM         #118
R_Buycks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All i gotta say homie who mentioned the media gettin in to film the shyt but help gettin there late is real true, and Powermoves made the smartest comment/speech outta all these posts and threads cuz he's right, if grandparents who went thru the slave tymes are still alive what makes people think those racist fu*ks aren't still here? people are suffering in N.O. right now cuz they bottled up em in a dome where many of the people are sick and just down right unhealthy, they prolly hope the sickness spreads while they're in that dome so most of em will die and that'll be less black people they have to worry about.
 11 years ago '04        #119
DTP 
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 0 0
I haven't read through the whole thread, so this may have been repeated:

You can tell that Kanye was nervous the whole video. He was stuttering and I bet he had planned to say that all along and he was thinking about whether he should do it or not. He should've lead into it better instead of just blurting it out. He's right, but it didn't come off well at all. It wasn't the time nor the place. However, he probably wanted all the attention (negative or not), so he got what he wanted.

I got the thinking some more and I should explain further. I don't have a problem with what he did. I have a huge problem with how he did it. It came off really bad. If he would've looked confident with what he said and had more to say in the beginning it would've been better. "Blah blah blah, and yeah, that's why Bush doesn't like black people" would've worked. I know his time was limited, but he could've said it in a way where the censors wouldn't have known what he was leading into until he finished.

That took a lot of balls, but I wonder how bad the backlash will be for him.

Last edited by DTP; 09-03-2005 at 11:39 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #120
SeanP3688 1 heat pts
space
space
$764 | Props total: 0 0
 layziestyle said:
i dont think that was the right time for kayne to speak about that. he was more focus on the subject of race issues rather than raising money to help. the show was for fund raising for the relief effort rather than the race issues. he had other ways to air that out.
 DKNJ4Lyfe said:
Kanye be speaking the truth
:iagree: :iagree:

i agree with both of yall...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wonít Stop Talking: Meet the NFLís next shutdown corner
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
83 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
249 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
37 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy