Sep 2 - Kanye West, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people"

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
105 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
368 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-02-2005, 09:07 PM         #1
13351 pageviews
218 comments

playon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 2 - Kanye West, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people"

George W. Bush doesn't care about black people," said Kanye West as he ended his speech during the Concert for Hurricane Relief.

Alongside actor Mike Myers, Kanye West diverted from his pre-prepared script to offer his feelings on the Hurricane Katrina. Kanye started off with how the media portrayed white people as seeking food and blacks as looters. "They're saying black families are looting and white families are just looking for food" referring to Yahoo! and other media outlets reported that Blacks people were looting while White people seemed to find supplies. Yahoo later removed the images and offered a public apology.
advertisement

West whose grandparents were heavily involved in the civil rights movement and father was a member of the Black Panthers, looked nervous as he stumbled through his words, "...the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realized how a lot of the people who could help are at war right now f!ghting another war. They've given them [The U.S. Army] permission to go down [to New Orleans] and shoot us." Mike Myers, visibly shook continued on with his pre-written speech until Kanye interrupted with "George W. Bush doesn't care about black people." MSNBC immediately cut to Chris Tucker who sat looked bewildered. [Watch the video.]

However, not everyone is applauding West for speaking out. Media outlets such as Juicce News Daily, claim Kanye ruined the show. "In a disgusting display, West strayed from his prepared script to offer an overflow of hatred from his mouth, taking the spotlight off of the matter at hand, turning the relief program into his own personal soapbox."

Blogging the Hurricane Relief Concert, an MSNBC sponsored blog, walked the fine line, stating, "Kanye brings up an important point, talking about how the media portrays white as seeking food and blacks as looters." but ends the post with "Not sure what kind of flack Kanye's gonna catch for that last bit, but I'm sure he doesn't care."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/thewi .. contentID=7499

218 comments for "Sep 2 - Kanye West, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people""

09-02-2005, 09:08 PM         #2
playon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know somethin along these lines has already been posted but this is a different article
 11 years ago '04        #3
biggsteel 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,038 | Props total: 92 92
i cried when he said that sh*t.. mad hilarious... he airin the president out on live TV... classic
 09-02-2005, 09:23 PM         #4
playon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ill give kanye credit i always disliked his c*ckiness but 4 once he has spoken about the right thing at the right time.
 11 years ago '04        #5
whyh8 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
yeah it was hot all he spoke out and it was relavent to. it is the truth if people want to believe it or not. not all black people are looting. it is survival mode out there. yes ther are some looters without a doubt but they are all colors. i won't go so far as to say bush don't care for black people , but i think he is so blinded by his own aganda that he stop caring what everyone thinks.
 09-02-2005, 09:34 PM         #6
DKNJ4Lyfe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kanye be speaking the truth
 11 years ago '04        #7
chubs189 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,590 | Props total: 1228 1228
any one got the video of this
 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM         #8
jrs200x 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The very fact that Kanye turned this into a racial issue instead of focusing on it as a natural disaster and an issue for everyone is pathetic and arrogant. It is not only blacks dying in New Orleans and Buloxi etc. There are ppl of every race, every culture, every background dying. Kanye is an ignorant, arrogant jackass, and I hope his career is destroyed over this . . . what a complete a**hole.
 11 years ago '05        #9
couplewords 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
Beautiful..
 09-02-2005, 09:40 PM         #10
layziestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the video:

Last edited by layziestyle; 09-02-2005 at 09:42 PM..
 09-02-2005, 09:41 PM         #11
layziestyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think that was the right time for kayne to speak about that. he was more focus on the subject of race issues rather than raising money to help. the show was for fund raising for the relief effort rather than the race issues. he had other ways to air that out.
 11 years ago '04        #12
jms 
space
space
space
$94 | Props total: 0 0
Click the link at the bottom of the article. It'll take u there.

Huge ups to Kanye. Where's his props button?

LOL at Chris Tucker's face after Kanye's George Bush comment.
 09-02-2005, 09:45 PM         #13
SleepyThug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jrs200x said:
The very fact that Kanye turned this into a racial issue instead of focusing on it as a natural disaster and an issue for everyone is pathetic and arrogant. It is not only blacks dying in New Orleans and Buloxi etc. There are ppl of every race, every culture, every background dying. Kanye is an ignorant, arrogant jackass, and I hope his career is destroyed over this . . . what a complete a**hole.

Freedom of Speech, heard of it? :finger: :finger: :finger:
 11 years ago '05        #14
gizmozoe 
space
space
$876 | Props total: 68 68
<<<<
<<<<
<<<<
<<<<
 09-02-2005, 09:45 PM         #15
Crzyazninvazn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
omfg roflmaol at the video...mike meyers is like uhhhhhh....
 11 years ago '04        #16
diff 
space
space
space
$749 | Props total: 0 0
for the 1st time in like 9 years i coulda swore, it was faint and didnt quite sound the same but i coulda swore i just hear Tupac on Msnbc with mike myers, ah well maybe it was the wind........
 11 years ago '05        #17
doubletrouble™ 
space
space
$1,611 | Props total: 4 4
More Power To Kanye

Last edited by doubletrouble™; 09-02-2005 at 09:55 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #18
AlSween 
space
space
$1,376 | Props total: 12 12
 jrs200x said:
ppl need to stop with their agendas against kanye with the blah blah he samples and blah blah he's arrogant. the fact is racism has been a huge problem in this country for a long time and the reason why the government isn't helping as quick as they could is b/c of racism. ppl who tuned in know that they are raising money for the hurricane and it would benefit them to hear the truth. the fact is new orleans is largely populated with blacks and only poor ppl stayed to wait out the storm b/c they had no choice. so yea...every background, culture, and race is dying there....but an overwhelming majority is black. "i hope his career is destroyed over this..." that sounds more like a person who doesn't like kanye as a person than actually thinking his comments were bad.
 09-02-2005, 10:06 PM         #19
bone1999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Kanye sounded like an idiot when he was giving his speach though. He made Mike Myers, of all people, look like a theological scholar. Bringing up the race issue was completely unnecessary for the moment, as well.

Still good to hear Kanye voice out on Bush though! And Mike Myers reaction... LOL!!
 11 years ago '04        #20
KillaKell_01 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,588 | Props total: 25 25
 doubletrouble™ said:
More Power To Kanye
Ditto......

Standing Ovation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
102 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
33 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
67 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
139 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
58 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy