Aug 24 - Late Registration Receives Classic Ratings From XXL & Rolling Stone Magazine

most viewed right now
 Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
14 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 MLB Reports Jose Fernandez has been killed in a boating accident.
279 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #61
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,854 | Props total: 12 12
yeah this cd isn't hot! why is it, that because somebody on radio or tv ... says the cd is a classic, everyone else thinks so.

A Classic is timeless! these ain't timeless songs... ya'll wont listen to this in 6 mths- the only time his cd has; is in the 2 complete rotations i gave it in the whip to see if it was hot.

and it's not!
 11 years ago '04        #62
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,427 | Props total: 9 9
People who think that this isn't a classic or who think it is wack, must think that Young Jeezy's album is classic which is not!
 11 years ago '05        #63
Rendition 35 heat pts35
space
space
$10,690 | Props total: 21 21
smh...

this is the last straw.
 11 years ago '05        #64
arella 
space
space
$32 | Props total: 0 0
 knowughetto said:
People who think that this isn't a classic or who think it is wack, must think that Young Jeezy's album is classic which is not!

^^^ what he said....

Which is one of the reasons that some of your beloved artists arent putting nothing out right now, and or getting top 10 air play.....joe buddens....clipse....little brother....etc. Labels look at this and be like....they dont want substance or skill...throw more fake tales of drug sales and rented whips at these n*ggas...they love that ignorant sh*t...and good groups get pushed back till they sound "right"

You all keep it up and rap is going to start sounding like charlie browns teacher over a beat that sounds like someone is crushing cans........but im sure some of you would love that sh*t. Classic right?
 11 years ago '04        #65
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 2 2
ah ha, so XXL gave kanye a classic rating...no wonder they lowered Little Brother's rating, they can't have 2 albums with substance get classic ratings in the same issue.
 08-25-2005, 12:29 PM         #66
canons 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:
Option B
Both This and Young Jeezy aint classics. You can drop a good or great album and not be a classic. Which is what Kanye did. This album does not compare to hip hop classics
 08-25-2005, 12:37 PM         #67
cdoyle456 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigdut1213 said:
XXL should not have let Kanye intimidate them, they should have stuck on their XL rating for College Dropout, and they should not have let Kanye punk them into giving Late Registration a XXL rating
no, they should stop letting interscope punk them, didn't Yayo get a XXL??? don't even say that his album is better then Kanye's either, cause it is far from it, the day Kanye smaples Britney Spears come talk to me; Interscope is the only people they're in bed with, and you all want to know why interscope get's such special treatment, cause they buy lots and lots of advertising, and probably pay top dollar for it too

Last edited by cdoyle456; 08-25-2005 at 12:48 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #68
mr_underground|m 1505 heat pts1505
space
space
$20,463 | Props total: 12423 12423
Rap is like wrestling....This is some super bullsh*t the only reason they did that was so the little bi*ch doesn't complain for 2 years about how it wasen't all they did was put a passifire in his mouth.....thats why i don't even pay any attention to this rap sh*t...he probably paid them to give him that rating....

Last edited by mr_underground; 08-25-2005 at 01:09 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #69
Sylent Khaos 
space
space
$3,621 | Props total: 0 0
 knowughetto said:
Originally Posted by knowughetto
 arella said:
^^^ what he said....

Which is one of the reasons that some of your beloved artists arent putting nothing out right now, and or getting top 10 air play.....joe buddens....clipse....little brother....etc. Labels look at this and be like....they dont want substance or skill...throw more fake tales of drug sales and rented whips at these n*ggas...they love that ignorant sh*t...and good groups get pushed back till they sound "right"

You all keep it up and rap is going to start sounding like charlie browns teacher over a beat that sounds like someone is crushing cans........but im sure some of you would love that sh*t. Classic right?

I understand the perdicament of artist selling on image and other nonsense instead of skill, trust me. I was a fan of College Dropout (which by the way is NOT a classic album, bu a great CD). Late Registration on the other hand is a huge dissapointment. The Production is weak, the lyrics are weaker and have no depth or intelligence. Its just not good. Its mediocre at its very best. I don't understand how he could help creat BE (arguably a classic) and then make this. I listen to BE without skipping a track (just like Illmatic). I skipped a few when I listend to College Dropout. After listening to Late Registration twice (caue I had to give the album a chance), I can't force my self to not skip tracks.

Oh and for the record, there is no one on this planet that hate Young Jeezy more than me. Him and artist like him are a curse to humanity. Why people buy their albums is the same reason this country is so stupid and doomed to brign about its own downfall.
 08-25-2005, 02:56 PM         #70
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowughetto said:
Jeezy's album isn't a classic, but he does what he does a little more efficiently than what Kanye tried to do with what he did
 11 years ago '04        #71
mr_underground|m 1505 heat pts1505
space
space
$20,463 | Props total: 12423 12423
 Sylent Khaos said:
I understand the perdicament of artist selling on image and other nonsense instead of skill, trust me. I was a fan of College Dropout (which by the way is NOT a classic album, bu a great CD). Late Registration on the other hand is a huge dissapointment. The Production is weak, the lyrics are weaker and have no depth or intelligence. Its just not good. Its mediocre at its very best. I don't understand how he could help creat BE (arguably a classic) and then make this. I listen to BE without skipping a track (just like Illmatic). I skipped a few when I listend to College Dropout. After listening to Late Registration twice (caue I had to give the album a chance), I can't force my self to not skip tracks.

Oh and for the record, there is no one on this planet that hate Young Jeezy more than me. Him and artist like him are a curse to humanity. Why people buy their albums is the same reason this country is so stupid and doomed to brign about its own downfall.

nice post
 08-25-2005, 03:38 PM         #72
Possyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KanYe really turning into a fukin Lyricist, he on HoV level....i can actually sit bak and juss listen to his sh*t cuz like evrything he says hes talkin about sumtin, NOT some dumb sh*t....whether its political issues or juss real talk he gettin his point acrosss niCceee and got nice delivery....10/10!!! 1
 11 years ago '04        #73
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,427 | Props total: 9 9
 bigdut1213 said:
Jeezy's album isn't a classic, but he does what he does a little more efficiently than what Kanye tried to do with what he did
Respect for your opinion in all, but how is it more efficient than Kanye's album, when all Jeezy says it "YEEEEAAAAH", "HEEEYY" and 'That's Right" on every track? And all he talks about is selling coke. No other type of creativity on his album. On the other hand, Kanye is a way better lyricist than Jeezy, he's more creative, and knows how to put together a track better than he can!
 11 years ago '04        #74
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,648 | Props total: 62 62
Its a solid album but no classic.
 11 years ago '04        #75
kicko 
space
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
i thought i might be alone but i don't like most of it
 11 years ago '04        #76
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,591 | Props total: 4118 4118
bullsh*t.

all i can say.
 08-25-2005, 07:27 PM         #77
legecy2k6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big ups to kanyezy doing it big now cd will reach classic status i think but not now hope all yall n*gga cop his sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #78
J_Rhyme 
space
space
$830 | Props total: 0 0
i've listened to the album bout...20 times or so. i work at footlocker and i just jam the cd all day for bout 9 hours...still not bored of it my word...cant say that about many albums..thats how it gets my vote
 08-25-2005, 08:53 PM         #79
K*12*CARTER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres three classic albums....with one being beyond that.... ILLMATIC is by far the best followed by Reasonable doubt...ready to die is not perfect like the other 2 but its the best we got of what would have been the greatest to ever do it....Kanye's album is no worse then a 4 and no better then a 4.5.....the songs are all listenable, they all have their moments but they arent on that classic sh*t
 08-26-2005, 01:34 AM         #80
dECODED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This CD is fu*kin hiphop. Now all i need is Dre to put out the tox and make my ears bleed with ecstacy again.
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
29 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
147 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
58 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
161 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RGIII - Y'all better leave me and my Becky be
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
376 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
244 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy