Aug 24 - Late Registration Receives Classic Ratings From XXL & Rolling Stone Magazine

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dat d-thang
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
83 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Need To Know Her Name
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-25-2005, 05:04 AM         #41
llcoolnay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killa #4 said:
take that take that take that

fu*k haters in advance
*co-signs*

lyrically the album is hotter than College Dropout, but the productions a lil worse. a deifinte classic with Commons and Games LPs.
 11 years ago '04        #42
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,277 | Props total: 0 0
 Boxden's Legend said:
cd suck if u ask me .. and i like kanye
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 08-25-2005, 05:08 AM         #43
Dro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boxden's Legend said:
cd suck if u ask me .. and i like kanye
same here
 11 years ago '04        #44
dwizzle45 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 152 152
thats good he recieved that from those magazines...........now all the hatas can shut the fu*k up about it not being a good album.........in my opinion aquemini the outkast album wasnt a classic but the source declared it to be it shows be see different though
 11 years ago '04        #45
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,039 | Props total: 4 4
At first listen I thought College Dropout was much better. But listening to Late Registration more and more its making a strong running for his best work.
 11 years ago '04        #46
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
 arella said:
You know the little bits of hate are disqusting at times. I dont see why most of you are so concerned, and unhappy that he gets these ratings. I dont think there is one person in the industry that you all would support as a whole if they recieved these ratings. If it was nas, jay, dipset, whomever.... half of you on here would have some dumb sh*t to say about why its not a classic. I bet some of your grandfathers were the ones mad when the first black man made it into major league baseball. Saying sh*t like " he holds the bat like a bi*ch ". Just be happy he made it. Just be glad mags like rolling stone are starting to step up and take hip hop more seriously.

^^^^couldn't have said it better myself
 11 years ago '04        #47
leon22 
space
space
$1,250 | Props total: 0 0
what date is the instore for paramus, nj
 08-25-2005, 07:08 AM         #48
j_espo1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigdut1213 said:
That CD is not classic, it has its shortcomings, it's just a very, very good album, nowhere near classic status

*co-signs.* :applause:

i guess people thinkin this is a "classic" album cause of all the crap thats been released in the last year or two.
 08-25-2005, 07:11 AM         #49
bay224 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that cd wasnt good at all.
 08-25-2005, 07:21 AM         #50
wildey84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
note special really he should stick to the beat game
 11 years ago '04        #51
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,233 | Props total: 654 654
the term "classic" has been thrown around too much

Illmatic is a classic
Ready To Die is a classic
Me Against The World is a classic
Cuban Linx is a classic
and The Listening (little brothers album) is a classic (IMO, best album is the last 3 years)
Ressurection is classic
It was Written is classic...
Last of a Dying Breed is classic
Aquemini is classic
The Chronic is classic
Doggystyle is classic
Paid In Full is classic
Radio is classic

Kanye's album is not classic, his first was was close, but no cigar. To say that his album is classic is to put it with the albums above... and it doesnt fit
 11 years ago '04        #52
x Tha Arkitek x 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,607 | Props total: 2187 2187
 dwizzle45 said:
thats good he recieved that from those magazines...........now all the hatas can shut the fu*k up about it not being a good album
^^^means nothin, reviews ain't done by tha whole magazine staff...its 1 person....CD is crap...honestly i think all this is bein done so dey ain't gotta deal wit kanye's poutin & whinin....crap CD

Roses, Drive Slow, Hey Mama, Diamonds...if dat was da whole CD it prolly b more closa classic

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 08-25-2005 at 07:32 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #53
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,261 | Props total: 18 18
god dammit i wish classic status wasn't givin out so easily

its a good album, i really wanna hate on it cause of how soft it is, but kanye isn't gangsta nor does he claim to be... but theres alot of songs i skip, its a strong 4 mic album, i wish 5mics/XXL's weren't given out so easily... no way common's album deserved it either

i wish classic status wasn't so eaily given, its insult to the illmatics, the ready to dies the criminal minded's the chronics... theres no way in hell i can put late registration in that group....

BUT as far as is this a marketable album, which is what they base there ratings on... this album will be the highest selling album i give it that... kanye gonna outsell 50 cent within 6 weeks

please, this a very good album but don't call it a classic its an insult to the real classics
 08-25-2005, 09:02 AM         #54
canons 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 greggmb18 said:
This is such bullsh*t. XXL said that they were gonna give Late Registration a XXL before they even got the CD to review it. In an interview with Little brother thay said that XXL called them up and said sorry but we think your album deserves a XXL but we dont want to give two XXL ratings back to back issues. and then Little brother asked who was the other XXL and they said "we expect kanye to drop a classic". So basically they gave him the XXL before they got the CD to review which is bullsh*t because this is not a classic. They are d!ckriding Kanye and G.O.O.D music more than Shady/Aftermath because thats 2 XL CD's that have received classic ratings.
A lot of truth in this. The album is not classic. A very good album yes. Classic hell naw. XXL ratings don't mean sh*t to me. They gave Yayo a XL too. XXL has been fu*king up big time lately :thumbsdow
 08-25-2005, 09:14 AM         #55
Rukahspac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i enjoyed this album i am STILL enjoying this album so i got no complaints he deserves all of the props in the world for this
 08-25-2005, 09:15 AM         #56
roclo7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cd is hot....Magazines proablly felt pressured by kanye to give him a good rating.
 08-25-2005, 09:23 AM         #57
mr flamboyant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not a classic but a good azz cd 4 mics
 11 years ago '04        #58
diplomatic 
space
space
space
$270 | Props total: 0 0
Whattt kanye got five stars in the rolling stones gotta give a hand clap for this guy.so forget it kanye album is classic and it out beats his first hate it or love it. And i dont get how the hell the skits on this album hurt its, they was funny as hell.
 08-25-2005, 09:45 AM         #59
canons 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diplomatic said:
Whattt kanye got five stars in the rolling stones gotta give a hand clap for this guy.so forget it kanye album is classic and it out beats his first hate it or love it. And i dont get how the hell the skits on this album hurt its, they was funny as hell.
Funny? maybe the first time you listen to the album. But after you've heard the skit more then twice it's annoying as hell. And the idea of a classic is a album that you can keep listening from begining to end without skipping. So those skits become automatic skips. And who gives a sh*t what rolling stones rates? Since when have they even been anything but laughable when considering hip hop music?
 11 years ago '04        #60
DBlockinemOut 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,261 | Props total: 18 18
yeah thats like maxim, anyone see that, they gave tony yayo's album 5 stars... i was like did they ask the cute white model girl for her opinion or somethin?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Do You Think Your Smart Enough To Solve This Puzzle( Probably Not)
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy