Aug 24 - Late Registration Receives Classic Ratings From XXL & Rolling Stone Magazine

most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel:The Real King Of Philly Is Back
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This just happened at my job.....what would you do BX brethren?
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean Kingston Running Scared Gets ProtectionOrder On Game
104 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
htown 
space
space
space
$2,635 | Props total: 249 249
I don't see how so many people like this album, the beats suck on this.
 08-24-2005, 07:26 PM         #22
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
XXL should not have let Kanye intimidate them, they should have stuck on their XL rating for College Dropout, and they should not have let Kanye punk them into giving Late Registration a XXL rating
 11 years ago '05        #23
benadreal 
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 12 12
i liked his album, i'm wondering if xxl has ever gavin the same person two xxl ratings, cause this last issue they said they'd only given so many xxl ratings anyway. but college dropout got an xxl. late registration takes some time to get used to, i didn't like it the first time i listened to it, but i kept listening and i like a majority of the songs now, which is about the same as it was for me with college dropout, so good for him.
 11 years ago '05        #24
j-dub 
space
space
$416 | Props total: 79 79
its good to hear that they are giving this such a good ratng cant wait to cop it aug 30th
 08-24-2005, 07:47 PM         #25
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his 1st album was a 5 mic classic but this album was pretty wack, 3 mics at the best, I'd give it prolly a 2 1/2 myself (Knock off half a mic for the anoying a.ss skits). The beats are lack luster and he pads each song with 2 to 3 mins of just lettin the beat ride, and dont even get me started on the hooks, you know it must be pretty hard to just repeat the same word 5 or 6 times, who knew thats all it took to make a classic album. Just more proof to me that people pay for there ratings.
 11 years ago '04        #26
willi150 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 68 68
now the real critics rate this as a classic The Source will be next to give it that 5 mic rating
 08-24-2005, 08:12 PM         #27
S-DAWG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Boxden's Legend said:
cd suck if u ask me .. and i like kanye
^^ co-signs
 11 years ago '04        #28
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 55 55
Damn--first Kanye gets the cover of TIME magazine of all things and now this--this must be homie's year. I think the album is a solid 4.5 btw, so I can see XXL's rating. I'm actually more surprised at Rolling Stone giving it 4 stars--those cats NEVER give hip-hop albums that (even the actual classic ones).
 11 years ago '04        #29
greggmb18 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$409 | Props total: 78 78
This is such bullsh*t. XXL said that they were gonna give Late Registration a XXL before they even got the CD to review it. In an interview with Little brother thay said that XXL called them up and said sorry but we think your album deserves a XXL but we dont want to give two XXL ratings back to back issues. and then Little brother asked who was the other XXL and they said "we expect kanye to drop a classic". So basically they gave him the XXL before they got the CD to review which is bullsh*t because this is not a classic. They are d!ckriding Kanye and G.O.O.D music more than Shady/Aftermath because thats 2 XL CD's that have received classic ratings.
 11 years ago '04        #30
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,232 | Props total: 650 650
This Is Not A Classic Cd
 11 years ago '05        #31
arella 
space
space
$32 | Props total: 0 0
You know the little bits of hate are disqusting at times. I dont see why most of you are so concerned, and unhappy that he gets these ratings. I dont think there is one person in the industry that you all would support as a whole if they recieved these ratings. If it was nas, jay, dipset, whomever.... half of you on here would have some dumb sh*t to say about why its not a classic. I bet some of your grandfathers were the ones mad when the first black man made it into major league baseball. Saying sh*t like " he holds the bat like a bi*ch ". Just be happy he made it. Just be glad mags like rolling stone are starting to step up and take hip hop more seriously.
 08-24-2005, 09:32 PM         #32
phillies1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 greggmb18 said:
This is such bullsh*t. XXL said that they were gonna give Late Registration a XXL before they even got the CD to review it. In an interview with Little brother thay said that XXL called them up and said sorry but we think your album deserves a XXL but we dont want to give two XXL ratings back to back issues. and then Little brother asked who was the other XXL and they said "we expect kanye to drop a classic". So basically they gave him the XXL before they got the CD to review which is bullsh*t because this is not a classic. They are d!ckriding Kanye and G.O.O.D music more than Shady/Aftermath because thats 2 XL CD's that have received classic ratings.

you dont fu*kin know that...wheres your source? how could a review be written without listening to the album?
 08-24-2005, 09:47 PM         #33
blayzed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic album, hands down
 11 years ago '05        #34
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,085 | Props total: 28 28
kanye will never have a classic. he loves being the funny dude with skits and sh*t. and sh*t ruin his albumSSS. college dropout was better than LR to me but i consider college dropout a classic (minus the gay skits)
 11 years ago '04        #35
$hawn Cassidy 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
big up to kanye.. back to back classics....late registration is growin on me, i cant stop listening
 11 years ago '04        #36
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,280 | Props total: 340 340
 MidNiteBlues said:
good to hear. cuz u all know kanye will fu*kin throw a sissy fit if it gets anything less.
Exactly what i was thinking
 08-24-2005, 10:39 PM         #37
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this cd is a classic nobody knows but he might be starting a new type of music

all this sh*t sounds very diffrent from anything just listen to we major that song sounds like nothing thats out
even know he sampl;ed it still sounds like nothing out right now
 11 years ago '04        #38
1000bluntz 
space
space
$14,612 | Props total: 746 746
It's a good album but not a classic by any stretch, it's about a 4 star album out of 5 in my opinion.
 08-25-2005, 01:00 AM         #39
young_stezzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man classic isnt a rating its a status IMO sh*ts only classic when 5 years after it drops its still in heavy rotation after like it came out yesterday cuz to me a perfect rating doesnt necessarily mean classic but it does mean flawless thats what XXL said about commons album not that its classic but flawless its a diff
 08-25-2005, 01:06 AM         #40
phillies1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young_stezzy said:
man classic isnt a rating its a status IMO sh*ts only classic when 5 years after it drops its still in heavy rotation after like it came out yesterday cuz to me a perfect rating doesnt necessarily mean classic but it does mean flawless thats what XXL said about commons album not that its classic but flawless its a diff

exactly.....for something to be classic it gotta stand the test of time. so only time will tell if the album was timeless. as it stands now its basically flawless

Last edited by phillies1; 08-25-2005 at 01:06 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside New & What's Leaving Netflix: October 2016
46 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Kurt Angle 'took 65 Vicodin a day' at height of issues
106 comments
1 day ago