Worst and Best Car Audio Brands?

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
105 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
368 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 6 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #341
Iceberg Slim 2 heat pts
space
space
$388 | Props total: 0 0
200 for the whole system. i already got a radio.

im willing to stretch my dollars if you think the product is bound to last at least 5 years.
 5 years ago '05        #342
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
fellas need ya help; I have a MITSUBISHI LANCER. Looking for some sound. I dont know sh*t about where to start but I do know that I cant change my headunit because of my handsfree system, I really just want a sub and some quality speakers. Somebody hook me up on what I should get.
 5 years ago '10        #343
mrmondayniight 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 0 0
200 though, lol. That will get you a sub..thats it.
 5 years ago '10        #344
mrmondayniight 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 0 0
 WaveDoe said:
fellas need ya help; I have a MITSUBISHI LANCER. Looking for some sound. I dont know sh*t about where to start but I do know that I cant change my headunit because of my handsfree system, I really just want a sub and some quality speakers. Somebody hook me up on what I should get.
They're add on adapters to use HFL with aftermarket units.
 5 years ago '05        #345
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
The problem is, I have no shops I trust to work with adapters with steering wheel controls in ATL. But I did know that.

As a matter of fact I dont think they have an adapter that works with the bluetooth calling as well.
 5 years ago '11        #346
westsideknicks 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,594 | Props total: 376 376
What are sum get double din head units if u already have great subs n want dound touch screen n music?????
 01-30-2012, 04:10 PM         #347
firas1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol....
 4 years ago '04        #348
dgangsta 
space
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 0 0
looking for some input. I want to upgrade the stock speakers in my 2000 altima. I'm not trying to get a sub/amp, I just want some quality speakers with some nice bass. I have a pioneer head unit already installed. Any suggestions?
 4 years ago '06        #349
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,316 | Props total: 37 37
 dgangsta said:
looking for some input. I want to upgrade the stock speakers in my 2000 altima. I'm not trying to get a sub/amp, I just want some quality speakers with some nice bass. I have a pioneer head unit already installed. Any suggestions?
i think the altimas are 6.5 stock speakers if not then prob 6x9. personally i would go with image dynamics. i have the 6.5 component set up front, running on a sundown 125.2 amp. sh*t gets soooo loud and clear. you dont have to amp them but i would go with image dynamics. sh*t are so pure and clean for what you want. the component sets are a little expensive but def worth it

but if budget is key than something like a kenwood, alpinie, pioneer should do the trick. also I.D. has some 6x9 that are around 100. they would be a huge upgrade from stock

Last edited by layzie8171; 04-04-2012 at 07:12 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #350
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,101 | Props total: 141 141
i have a 2011 Honda CR-Z EX with the navigations system and i dont want to replace sh*t but I have a question. It sounds good enough for me, has 7 speakers and a 7 inch sub cuz i got the premium audio system but for the life of me i cannot figure out who makes the sh*t. anybody have any ideas? my caddy came with all Bose sh*t but it said bose on it...this dont say sh*t....does that mean honda made the sh*t?
 4 years ago '06        #351
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,316 | Props total: 37 37
 LakerFan said:
i have a 2011 Honda CR-Z EX with the navigations system and i dont want to replace sh*t but I have a question. It sounds good enough for me, has 7 speakers and a 7 inch sub cuz i got the premium audio system but for the life of me i cannot figure out who makes the sh*t. anybody have any ideas? my caddy came with all Bose sh*t but it said bose on it...this dont say sh*t....does that mean honda made the sh*t?
ya from the honda website it looks like honda built that sh*t
 04-19-2012, 02:39 AM         #352
West Side Wolf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does anyone have any input on KENWOOD KFC-W3013PS 12" 4-OHM 1200W CAR SUBWOOFERs? I see a decent deal for em and I want to upgrade my system, when in high school had sony xplode lmao. Now its time to move up to kenwood and have two 12's in my bmws trunk and I am also looking for a new amp any input
 4 years ago '04        #353
dgangsta 
space
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 0 0
 layzie8171 said:
i think the altimas are 6.5 stock speakers if not then prob 6x9. personally i would go with image dynamics. i have the 6.5 component set up front, running on a sundown 125.2 amp. sh*t gets soooo loud and clear. you dont have to amp them but i would go with image dynamics. sh*t are so pure and clean for what you want. the component sets are a little expensive but def worth it

but if budget is key than something like a kenwood, alpinie, pioneer should do the trick. also I.D. has some 6x9 that are around 100. they would be a huge upgrade from stock

thanks for the input. props
 4 years ago '04        #354
zhiggeman 3 heat pts
space
space
$13,469 | Props total: 974 974
so i just bought another beemer a 328I stock, because i wanted to trick it out myself as selfish whip for me. I really didn't want to go all fast and furious, but i wanted bluetooth capibility and a USB input, with a touchscreen. thats it.. I have 3 options.

1) I came across this Pioneer AVH-P2400BT Car DVD Player - 5.8" Touchscreen LCD Display - 16:9 - 480 x 240 - 200 W RMS - iPod/iPhone Compatible - Double DIN for 288..

2) Power Acoustik PTID-8920 In Dash DVD AM-FM Receiver with 7-Inches Flip Out Touchscreen Monitor with USB/SD Input for like 180.

3) Try for a official bmw navi system install?

the PA has everything i need and is cheaper. I'm in the A and don't really deal with anybody but global imports. I'm just curious if anyone has done this before( had a factory system put in) or would you recommend just hooking up the PA or Pioneer?
 07-06-2012, 12:13 PM         #355
thebestofall007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hello, where would pioneer's stage 4 line, their ODR, and their prs series gear go?

also, does this thread only cover the new stuff, or can old school gear also be covered? i see sony in the entry level category and i agree, but a while back they made their "mobile es" line that was top shelf and much better than the XPLOD junk made today.

where would the mobile es line go (especially their cdx-c90 headunit that was $1200 new back in '98)?

also, has anyone here ever had any luck with denon car audio?

Last edited by thebestofall007; 08-27-2012 at 11:11 AM..
 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM         #356
gyateem176 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, just have to watch the spot.. they'll charge double.. but people pay it lol
 07-15-2012, 03:06 PM         #357
thebestofall007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gyateem176 said:
yeah, just have to watch the spot.. they'll charge double.. but people pay it lol
just like people pay $1200 for an alpine 7909 or a Mcintosh MX5000 (two awesome head units) for the sheer sound and build quality of them that isnt evident in today's garbage.

the sony cdx-c90 is a lot like those two i named (except for well, the brand name, of course) with its 4 20-bit D/A Converters, copper chassis, DSP, preouts-only, motorized faceplate, built like a battleship goodness. i've seen even beat up c90's often go for about $300 on ebay, and people buy them because they KNOW that these were/ARE the BEST sony put out before they xplod-ed/tanked/folded and sold out to the wal-mart-ers (walmartyers? LOL. want to use this? be my guest).

if i was to ever buy any sony headunit and use it in any competitions, i would buy this deck bar none, along with their cdx-c910 (the older model of this deck from 1997 that cost $900 new). sure, it may not have the mp3 playback, ipod controls and all that jazz, but it is an SQL machine to the core, that's for sure.

here's a good link (from a good site) that shows what it is:

*note*
you might have to enter sony, 1998, car cd/md/dvd players in the fields to find it, as this forum seems to not want to post the exact link.

Last edited by thebestofall007; 08-04-2012 at 12:36 PM..
 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM         #358
RyanC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Digital Audio all The Way!
 4 years ago '04        #359
JayR04 107 heat pts107
space
space
$8,717 | Props total: 1480 1480
 RyanC said:
Digital Audio all The Way!
 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM         #360
sean313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody use audioque?? ssa audio?? dc sound labs???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
102 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
33 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
67 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
139 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
58 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy