Worst and Best Car Audio Brands?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
21 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
109 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 3 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #281
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,803 | Props total: 25 25
 mecamoca said:
i love memphis mojo i have 1 mojo in a small 1.5 box and i am hitting 150db and i used to have 1 12kicker l7 in an old school kicker box and i was hitting 140db i also have a 1 mmat p3 that i swear should hit more in spl than the mojo and the mmat is only 1000watts 750rms and the mojo is
2000watts 1000rms shows you power ratings dont always mean they are more powerful but like they say some subs or amps are under rated i do not like mtx amps i have 2 of there amps and the over heat and i had a surge problem and it set the surge straight through the amp to the speaker terminal which blow the amp i have the 1 TE1501D - MTX Thunder Elite and 1 TA81001- MTX Thunder and i hooked them up when 1 messed up then i hooked up the other and it happened to the next 1 i did fix the problem but the damage was done.

i have won several 1st place trophies with my systems

i would suggest a single system will do better in spl than a dual because you dont have the two pushing on each other but you could more than dual but dual are harder to deal with that is why i use a single sub system not a dual and i like to p!ss people off with my single sub wins

you have to learn how to set your sub for spl and loud doesnt me you will do great in spl its not the loudness its the pressure it puts out

my next system will be 1 10" kicker solo-x it should make it in the mid 150db if i set it up right with a box and amp and power setup all i need to do is get the money

damn i want to correct this but theres so much fail, i cant
 09-29-2010, 07:10 PM         #282
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
any proof? make a vid of you hitting that score...not hating but i'm 99% sure you aint hitting those numbers with a memphis mojo...what amps you running??
well i blew my amp but i do hit 150db on a good day but my my average is 148db but i do hit 150db when i get a new amp i will gladly video tape it for you

and when you get a custom built box made you have to break it in by playing the sub in it just like breaking in a new sub the longer you play the sub in it what it does is compact the wood more and it makes it stronger and increases the db my amp blew before i could break it in

and the amp i used was TA81001- MTX Thunder and i had a TE1501D - MTX Thunder Elite i changed them out every now then just because i had both of them but i only had 1 hooked up at a time i also have a PCX-10F - Power Acoustik 10-Farad Hybrid Digital Capacitor running on a 2gauge wire and with the epic-160 it is like a crossover so that helps a little and i have a pioneer head unit

i run single sub systems they are better than a dual system you will get better spl with a single sub than dual because with dual systems you have problems with the 2 subs competing with eachother which means the pressure each one is putting out will hit eachother and blocks some of the db so just because 2 mojos cant do it doesnt mean 1 cannt and plus i know how to set sytem up and if you dont know how to then you wont get the max out of your system

i am hoping to improve my dbs with my new box and i am going to dynomate my trunk and add kicker door speakers i hope i atleast make 152db
 6 years ago '04        #283
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 mecamoca said:
well i blew my amp but i do hit 150db on a good day but my my average is 148db but i do hit 150db when i get a new amp i will gladly video tape it for you

and when you get a custom built box made you have to break it in by playing the sub in it just like breaking in a new sub the longer you play the sub in it what it does is compact the wood more and it makes it stronger and increases the db my amp blew before i could break it in

and the amp i used was TA81001- MTX Thunder and i had a TE1501D - MTX Thunder Elite i changed them out every now then just because i had both of them but i only had 1 hooked up at a time i also have a PCX-10F - Power Acoustik 10-Farad Hybrid Digital Capacitor running on a 2gauge wire and with the epic-160 it is like a crossover so that helps a little and i have a pioneer head unit

i run single sub systems they are better than a dual system you will get better spl with a single sub than dual because with dual systems you have problems with the 2 subs competing with eachother which means the pressure each one is putting out will hit eachother and blocks some of the db so just because 2 mojos cant do it doesnt mean 1 cannt and plus i know how to set sytem up and if you dont know how to then you wont get the max out of your system

i am hoping to improve my dbs with my new box and i am going to dynomate my trunk and add kicker door speakers i hope i atleast make 152db

09-29-2010, 07:29 PM         #284
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2006 acura rsx base

12" memphis mojo
2ohms
had TE1501D - MTX Thunder Elite amp
PCX-10F - Power Acoustik 10-Farad Hybrid Digital Capacitor
2gauge wire
factory speakers none bose
1.5 box my new box is 2.5 i havent broke it in yet the 150dbs were done in the 1.5 box
ported slot
tuned to 35hz or 45hz i cannt remember which one
pioneer head unit
the car is all factory except the audio
the events were in greenville,sc done by audio stores ive been 2 with this set up but even my epic-160 in my car is a certified ISAC competition db reader and it tells me 150db
and the event mics are put on the passenger side windshield and my epic is in my glove box when i use it and it will read up to 160db

the note i use for db reading is 60hz or 65hz

i am trying to get a new amp so i can get my system working again

Last edited by mecamoca; 09-29-2010 at 07:32 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #285
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,502 | Props total: 1051 1051
 mecamoca said:

no offense but either the meter you were using is way off or you are just flat out lying...

1. The only thing you have to do with a box is wait for the glue to dry...it does not get more compact....smh

2. That is nowhere near enough power to get a 150 out of 1 12" Mojo...

3. I think you're talking about cancellation in running more than one sub....that only happens if you are building a really complex box or are an idiot...running more subs equals more cone area and motor force which gives it much more potential for higher spl...

4. You're using a cap...i mean even newbs know caps aren't good for s**t...you might as well just get another batt...probably around the same price and a million times better....

what freq are you peaking at?? and what is the box tuned to??
 6 years ago '04        #286
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
 mecamoca said:
2006 acura rsx base

12" memphis mojo
2ohms
2gauge wire
1.5 box my new box is 2.5 i havent broke it in yet the 150dbs were done in the 1.5 box
ported slot
tuned to 35hrz or 45hrz i cannt remember which one
pioneer head unit
the events were in greenville,sc done by audio stores ive been 2 with this set up but even my epic-160 in my car is a certified ISAC competition db reader and it tells me 150db
and the event mics are put on the passenger side windshield and my epic is in my glove box when i use it and it will read up to 160db

i am trying to get a new amp so i can get my system working again

was it a termlab that they metered you with??
 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM         #287
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:

no offense but either the meter you were using is way off or you are just flat out lying...

1. The only thing you have to do with a box is wait for the glue to dry...it does not get more compact....smh

2. That is nowhere near enough power to get a 150 out of 1 12" Mojo...

3. I think you're talking about cancellation in running more than one sub....that only happens if you are building a really complex box or are an idiot...running more subs equals more cone area and motor force which gives it much more potential for higher spl...

4. You're using a cap...i mean even newbs know caps aren't good for s**t...you might as well just get another batt...probably around the same price and a million times better....

what freq are you peaking at?? and what is the box tuned to??
well when i get a amp i will show you

if i was reading this i woulld think the same that it was a lie but it is not i was shocked when i hit that much

and i am getting rid of the cap im going to buy a battery

and i guess i know how to setup the sub better than others if i am hiting that and know one else is but also not many people run a single mojo well i did have an 12" mmat p3 i never got to get it db read
 09-29-2010, 07:48 PM         #288
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
was it a termlab that they metered you with??
im not sure what they used they both used different equiment to measure the dbs
but they were real db readers i have seen one of them at a drag comp using it

Last edited by mecamoca; 09-29-2010 at 07:53 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #289
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
 mecamoca said:
well when i get a amp i will show you

if i was reading this i woulld think the same that it was a lie but it is not i was shocked when i hit that much

and i am getting rid of the cap im going to buy a battery

and i guess i know how to setup the sub better than others if i am hiting that and know one else is but also not many people run a single mojo well i did have an 12" mmat p3 i never got to get it db read
you have no pics or vids of the setup at all? dude i'm positive you did not hit a 150...not saying you're lying but you definitely didn't hit it using that equipment...what kind of car is it?? and what freq did it peak at?? were you playing a tone??

Also i ask if it was a tl or not because they can adjust some of the other meters out there...i seen a guy do a 160 on an ac meter and only get a 145 on a tl....
 09-29-2010, 08:53 PM         #290
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
you have no pics or vids of the setup at all? dude i'm positive you did not hit a 150...not saying you're lying but you definitely didn't hit it using that equipment...what kind of car is it?? and what freq did it peak at?? were you playing a tone??

Also i ask if it was a tl or not because they can adjust some of the other meters out there...i seen a guy do a 160 on an ac meter and only get a 145 on a tl....

one was a computer setup and the other was like the SA-3055 Real Time Analyzer and SPL Meter but idk if it is that

2006 acura rsx base

12" memphis mojo
2ohms
2gauge wire
ported slot
pioneer head unit
 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM         #291
mecamoca 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

this is my setup in my old car but it has the mmat in the box but now i hhave the mojo this is the 1.5 box
 6 years ago '04        #292
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
 mecamoca said:

[pic - click to view]

this is my setup in my old car but it has the mmat in the box but now i hhave the mojo this is the 1.5 box
yeah that aint hitting no 150...i guarantee it...
 6 years ago '05        #293
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mecamoca said:
how you blow the amp? clipping huh

mecamoca said:
umm.... wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

you do not break in a box .

so the sub makes the wood stronger!! wow didnt know that.

you break a sub in. which means you loosen up the suspension

mecamoca said:
cap huh?

hold up so you have the epic running in your car?

mecamoca said:
i run single sub systems they are better than a dual system you will get better spl with a single sub than dual because with dual systems you have problems with the 2 subs competing with eachother which means the pressure each one is putting out will hit eachother and blocks some of the db so just because 2 mojos cant do it doesnt mean 1 cannt and plus i know how to set sytem up and if you dont know how to then you wont get the max out of your system i am hoping to improve my dbs with my new box and i am going to dynomate my trunk and add kicker door speakers i hope i atleast make 152db
wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE STOP TALKING TO WHOEVER TOLD YOU THIS BULLs**t!!!

lol. 2 subs are competing with each other? lol really. ok

what your talking about is cancelation. that happens when your subs are out of phase

you obviously dont know how to setup a system if your blowing equipment
 6 years ago '05        #294
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
 mecamoca said:
one was a computer setup and the other was like the SA-3055 Real Time Analyzer and SPL Meter but idk if it is that

2006 acura rsx base

12" memphis mojo
2ohms
2gauge wire
ported slot
pioneer head unit
dont know what your tuned too....
the box looks prefab anyway, so probably 50hz

whats your name and what date did this happen on, i know people that compete in SC. and if this really did happen, i have a way of pulling up old records. if it was a IASCA event
 6 years ago '10        #295
mrmondayniight 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 0 0
There is no best or worst really

Every company has that one piece of equipment that's actually decent.

It all boils down to goals and budgets
 6 years ago '05        #296
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$7,837 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
So anyone wana help me out because I don't know s**t about s**t

Is it possible to get a decent setup for around 2 bills? I need stereo+whatever else I can afford. I have the sizes for what my car needs, but looking around s**t seems mad expensive comparing to what I have heard of people spending on decent systems.
 6 years ago '10        #297
space
space
space
200? nah.

here's how it breaks down

150-200 for a decent headunit
75-100 for front speakers
250ish for a 4 channel amp
sub + box atleast 300.

misc wiring, batt, deadening= $$$

You could save if you buy used and pick up stuff little by little.
 6 years ago '05        #298
-BigC- 
space
space
space
Okay well our standards for decent are different . Basically I am not an audiophile and I am okay with the low end s**t as long as it isn't that s**t that is hardly audible and sounds like a drive through speaker setup

I
 6 years ago '10        #299
space
space
space
200 isn't gonna get you anything my dude.
 6 years ago '05        #300
-BigC- 
space
space
space
I'm seeing stereo+speakers for 100-150$. That ain't a good starting point?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
104 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
53 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
bruh the Menace 2 Society Interrogation Scene got me fu-king crying :dead:
48 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Bankrupt 50 and his Private Jet
57 comments
21 hours ago