Jada says south is 90% beats and 10% lyrics

most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
50 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
125 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM         #261
Timedatombomb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iF you think majority of the south is lyrical you are deaf.
 10-06-2005, 10:21 AM         #262
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 logicalkid said:
Source: The next level

Jason Phillps aka Jada Kiss or Mr. Raspy grew up in Yonkers, New York. Growing up as an only child Jason discribes himself as being a good kid from a solid family structure. A surprising start for an industry flooded with broken hom, battle scarred kids who have to overcome poverty, drugs, and violence just to survive. Rhyming since 8 or 9 years old, he staarted out freestyling and snapping on kids in the neighborhood. Early influences for Jada included artists such as Run DMC, The Fat Boys, Grand Puba, and later Kool G Rap, Nas, Jay-Z, and the Notorious B.I.G. When asked about the direction of Hip-Hop Jada was philosophical about it. "The face of Hip-hop changes like every 2 months, cuz the game is up for grabs right now" It wasn't lost on him that with the current care takers of the Hip-hop, The Dirty South has a heavy grip. "The Dirty is 90/10, 90 percent beat 10 percent lyrics, and up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content. More importantly today in Hip-Hop you gotta have a good story. Something that will lend credibility to the image you or the label is trying to sell. I been in the game when it was Pac, B.I.G, Nas, and Hova and I still maintained."
:applause: :applause:
He ain't lie most southern rappers lyrics are whack not all though TI be spitting, Young Buck, Jeezy, and Lil scrappy every now and then but for the most part they jst be screaming and yelling think about it Mike Jones says the same sh*t over and over again on purpose and he is consider an hot artist down there if he was from up north that bullsh*t wouldn't even been played
 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM         #263
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingofdasouf said:
Same here homie. I used to fu*k wit da n*gga Jada until he pop some bull sh*t like dat out his mouf-we from different hoods so we express ourselves differently. But deez up north n*ggas don't see dat-they hatin and sh*t sayin ratios, and dis dat and da third when dey need to open dey eyes, and see dat they greatest rapper(Jay-Z) is fu*kin wit Jeezy on a level dat he aint doin wit no n*gga up there. That speaks 4 itself
Ain't nobody hating Jeezy, TI, Young Buck be spitting but 90% of down south rappers are fu*king whack and would even be listened too if the beats weren't hot be honest with yourself in the south Lyrics aren't really paid as much attention to just a hot hook and a hard beat and a whole lot of screaming and you have a hit in the South
 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM         #264
chitilla23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't know how many MC's i met in the CHI that said they wish they were rappin on sum down south sh*t... they say they would have to write less then half of what they do cuz the hooks are 75% of the songs....

that ain't always true... but it seems that way on the radio and MTV.

oh yeah... fu*k MTV the new winamp has videos streeming on-demand.

chec it
 10-06-2005, 10:29 AM         #265
VLmoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VLmoney said:
Ain't nobody hating Jeezy, TI, Young Buck be spitting but 90% of down south rappers are fu*king whack and would even be listened too if the beats weren't hot be honest with yourself in the south Lyrics aren't really paid as much attention to just a hot hook and a hard beat and a whole lot of screaming and you have a hit in the South
Can't forget Weezy
 10-06-2005, 10:44 AM         #266
r-dog1116 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its true
 11 years ago '04        #267
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,281 | Props total: 342 342
 Timedatombomb said:
iF you think majority of the south is lyrical you are deaf.
Too bad you don't have the guts or knowledge to prove that
 11 years ago '05        #268
krenaba 
space
space
$887 | Props total: 0 0
Jay Z is doing songs with Jeezy because he's "it" right now. The south is selling, and that's the truth. That doesn't mean that they lyrical though. That just means "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum" - Wu Tang Triumph. I think it's stupid though to generalize a whole area of the country by saying they have no lyrics. I don't believe that. I do believe though the South is concentrated on beats, and that's truth. It's not their fault though, they're giving the public what they want. Jay Z does the same thing, when he says that he'd rap like Talib Kweli, but he'd lose his audience. Rappers like Nas, Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique, Jean Grae, Ras Kass, Royce da 5'9, these rappers consistently spit hard and if it agrees with the public or not, they do their thing and they don't put a bunch of club songs out just to sell. They do it because they're artists, and not "arteests." If you don't know what that means, an artist does his/her art for the love of the art, an "arteest" does the art for other reasons, like money, fame, etc... I could go on, but I think if you don't get it by now, you'll never get it. pc n <3
 11 years ago '04        #269
flizy 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 0 0
tha n*ggas that say the south aint got no lyrics only listen to tha radio and watch BET/MTV.. thats all it is to it... tha south got UG rappers just like NY
 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM         #270
Da 2nd Letter 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jada is right with a few excptions
 04-12-2006, 04:02 PM         #271
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jadas opinion could never matter to me - this the guy all he raps about is slang for guns,killing and drugs - and its a known fact he aint even like that - he dont sell drugs - an he aint hurting/killin nothin, theyve all proved that they just talk a whole lotta tuff toalk on a track - hes worse than G unit for that - at least fifty cent used to be a player in that respect way back when - guys a studio wanksta therefore - i will not take his opinion seriously - Dblock fans just mad theyre underdog STILL aint sh*t
 04-12-2006, 10:38 PM         #272
gibnshyt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Dirty is 90/10, 90 percent beat 10 percent lyrics, and up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content

agree 1 million percent
 04-12-2006, 10:46 PM         #273
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content
That is a very valid point sir - good thinking
 04-12-2006, 10:50 PM         #274
Thistle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jadakiss obviously failed at maths...the south is 99.9% beats and 0.1% lyrics
 04-12-2006, 10:55 PM         #275
SwordzLiquid06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IRemainRaw said:
Jadas opinion could never matter to me - this the guy all he raps about is slang for guns,killing and drugs - and its a known fact he aint even like that - he dont sell drugs - an he aint hurting/killin nothin, theyve all proved that they just talk a whole lotta tuff toalk on a track - hes worse than G unit for that - at least fifty cent used to be a player in that respect way back when - guys a studio wanksta therefore - i will not take his opinion seriously - Dblock fans just mad theyre underdog STILL aint sh*t
thats cause gangstas like to hear bout that drug talk and k!lling sh*t....
 10 years ago '04        #276
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,281 | Props total: 342 342
 Thistle said:
jadakiss obviously failed at maths...the south is 99.9% beats and 0.1% lyrics
Failed at maths?

"haters on my neck......"

Oh my good the irony from your post is dripping through my PC monitor :wow:
 10 years ago '06        #277
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
i luv the dirty dirty
 04-12-2006, 11:04 PM         #278
Thistle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mista Mizatti said:
Failed at maths?

"haters on my neck......"

Oh my good the irony from your post is dripping through my PC monitor :wow:
omg the irony of your signature..."i represent the SOUTH" lmao...just admit the sth sucks...lyrically...their beats are good...but than we should really be accrediting the producers ay???

Last edited by Thistle; 04-12-2006 at 11:08 PM..
 04-12-2006, 11:44 PM         #279
Thistle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killawee said:
and south got 99.9% of the rap game...:wow:
only because they can record an album in a week because their lyrics are so simple to write
 04-13-2006, 12:28 AM         #280
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats cause gangstas like to hear bout that drug talk and k!lling sh*t....
no "thugs" and wannabe "thugs" wanna hear that sh*t "Gangstas" dont even listen to hip hop buddy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
79 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
61 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
188 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
108 comments
1 day ago