Jada says south is 90% beats and 10% lyrics

most viewed right now
38 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

10-06-2005, 04:21 AM         #251
donrodriguez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NO DOUBT!!!

dirty dirty = beats

east coast = emcee's/lyrics

13 years ago '05        #252
dizzle trizzle 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,590 | Props total: 6891 6891
i agree 90% beats and 10% lyrics

just listyen to ying yang twin--------garbage!!!!!!!

lil wayne is the illest fo real tho
luda is okay but all he raps about is hoes and sh*t

10-06-2005, 09:16 AM         #253
logicalkid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dizzle trizzle said
i agree 90% beats and 10% lyrics

just listyen to ying yang twin--------garbage!!!!!!!

lil wayne is the illest fo real tho
luda is okay but all he raps about is hoes and sh*t

LMAO @ Lil wayne being iller than Luda, make a post with a poll and son yourself

10-06-2005, 09:26 AM         #254
VLmoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its true most of them n*ggas dont have noooooo flow at all theres only a handfull that actually knows how to spit!

10-06-2005, 09:27 AM         #255
VLmoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lil wayne is hotter then luda,luda is ight but he aint fu*kin wit lil wezzie!

logicalkid said
LMAO @ Lil wayne being iller than Luda, make a post with a poll and son yourself

10-06-2005, 10:24 AM         #256
cdoyle456  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Strider said
he cant stop yapping cant he

he tried to copy 50'z formula by doing pop music (wots more pop than mariah carey)
but it didnt work and he mad

hes been in the game so long and tried everything and he still aint platnium him hes mad

i think hes ok though
lol, mariah's been getting them to do remixes for years, lol @ you thinking Jada's following 50's formula, 50's following Ja Rule's formula

13 years ago '04        #257
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,650 | Props total: 1618 1618
WOW @ the fact that this topic is still going on and yet NOBODY HAS PUT UP AN ARGUMENT AGAINST THE SOUTH. Stop watching MTV for your Southern music and maybe what you say will be worth a sh*t one day. Damn Boxden, especially most of the NY user, is stupid as hell. Yall don't do NY any justice.

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 10-06-2005 at 10:58 AM..

13 years ago '04        #258
kingofdasouf 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,887 | Props total: 478 478
 Adamsville said
fu*k Jadakiss
Same here homie. I used to fu*k wit da n*gga Jada until he pop some bull sh*t like dat out his mouf-we from different hoods so we express ourselves differently. But deez up north n*ggas don't see dat-they hatin and sh*t sayin ratios, and dis dat and da third when dey need to open dey eyes, and see dat they greatest rapper(Jay-Z) is fu*kin wit Jeezy on a level dat he aint doin wit no n*gga up there. That speaks 4 itself

10-06-2005, 11:15 AM         #259
EnTeRtHeLiQuId  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't say 10 percent lyrics but at the same time it's easily more about the beats.

10-06-2005, 11:18 AM         #260
Timedatombomb  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iF you think majority of the south is lyrical you are deaf.

10-06-2005, 11:21 AM         #261
VLmoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 logicalkid said
Source: The next level

Jason Phillps aka Jada Kiss or Mr. Raspy grew up in Yonkers, New York. Growing up as an only child Jason discribes himself as being a good kid from a solid family structure. A surprising start for an industry flooded with broken hom, battle scarred kids who have to overcome poverty, drugs, and violence just to survive. Rhyming since 8 or 9 years old, he staarted out freestyling and snapping on kids in the neighborhood. Early influences for Jada included artists such as Run DMC, The Fat Boys, Grand Puba, and later Kool G Rap, Nas, Jay-Z, and the Notorious B.I.G. When asked about the direction of Hip-Hop Jada was philosophical about it. "The face of Hip-hop changes like every 2 months, cuz the game is up for grabs right now" It wasn't lost on him that with the current care takers of the Hip-hop, The Dirty South has a heavy grip. "The Dirty is 90/10, 90 percent beat 10 percent lyrics, and up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content. More importantly today in Hip-Hop you gotta have a good story. Something that will lend credibility to the image you or the label is trying to sell. I been in the game when it was Pac, B.I.G, Nas, and Hova and I still maintained."
:applause: :applause:
He ain't lie most southern rappers lyrics are whack not all though TI be spitting, Young Buck, Jeezy, and Lil scrappy every now and then but for the most part they jst be screaming and yelling think about it Mike Jones says the same sh*t over and over again on purpose and he is consider an hot artist down there if he was from up north that bullsh*t wouldn't even been played

10-06-2005, 11:28 AM         #262
VLmoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingofdasouf said
Same here homie. I used to fu*k wit da n*gga Jada until he pop some bull sh*t like dat out his mouf-we from different hoods so we express ourselves differently. But deez up north n*ggas don't see dat-they hatin and sh*t sayin ratios, and dis dat and da third when dey need to open dey eyes, and see dat they greatest rapper(Jay-Z) is fu*kin wit Jeezy on a level dat he aint doin wit no n*gga up there. That speaks 4 itself
Ain't nobody hating Jeezy, TI, Young Buck be spitting but 90% of down south rappers are fu*king whack and would even be listened too if the beats weren't hot be honest with yourself in the south Lyrics aren't really paid as much attention to just a hot hook and a hard beat and a whole lot of screaming and you have a hit in the South

10-06-2005, 11:28 AM         #263
chitilla23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't know how many MC's i met in the CHI that said they wish they were rappin on sum down south sh*t... they say they would have to write less then half of what they do cuz the hooks are 75% of the songs....

that ain't always true... but it seems that way on the radio and MTV.

oh yeah... fu*k MTV the new winamp has videos streeming on-demand.

chec it

10-06-2005, 11:29 AM         #264
VLmoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VLmoney said
Ain't nobody hating Jeezy, TI, Young Buck be spitting but 90% of down south rappers are fu*king whack and would even be listened too if the beats weren't hot be honest with yourself in the south Lyrics aren't really paid as much attention to just a hot hook and a hard beat and a whole lot of screaming and you have a hit in the South
Can't forget Weezy

10-06-2005, 11:44 AM         #265
r-dog1116  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its true

13 years ago '04        #266
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
 Timedatombomb said
iF you think majority of the south is lyrical you are deaf.
Too bad you don't have the guts or knowledge to prove that

10-06-2005, 12:24 PM         #267
krenaba  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay Z is doing songs with Jeezy because he's "it" right now. The south is selling, and that's the truth. That doesn't mean that they lyrical though. That just means "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum" - Wu Tang Triumph. I think it's stupid though to generalize a whole area of the country by saying they have no lyrics. I don't believe that. I do believe though the South is concentrated on beats, and that's truth. It's not their fault though, they're giving the public what they want. Jay Z does the same thing, when he says that he'd rap like Talib Kweli, but he'd lose his audience. Rappers like Nas, Talib Kweli, Immortal Technique, Jean Grae, Ras Kass, Royce da 5'9, these rappers consistently spit hard and if it agrees with the public or not, they do their thing and they don't put a bunch of club songs out just to sell. They do it because they're artists, and not "arteests." If you don't know what that means, an artist does his/her art for the love of the art, an "arteest" does the art for other reasons, like money, fame, etc... I could go on, but I think if you don't get it by now, you'll never get it. pc n <3

13 years ago '04        #268
flizy 
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 19 19
tha n*ggas that say the south aint got no lyrics only listen to tha radio and watch BET/MTV.. thats all it is to it... tha south got UG rappers just like NY

04-12-2006, 04:48 PM         #269
Da 2nd Letter  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jada is right with a few excptions

04-12-2006, 05:02 PM         #270
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jadas opinion could never matter to me - this the guy all he raps about is slang for guns,killing and drugs - and its a known fact he aint even like that - he dont sell drugs - an he aint hurting/killin nothin, theyve all proved that they just talk a whole lotta tuff toalk on a track - hes worse than G unit for that - at least fifty cent used to be a player in that respect way back when - guys a studio wanksta therefore - i will not take his opinion seriously - Dblock fans just mad theyre underdog STILL aint sh*t

04-12-2006, 11:38 PM         #271
gibnshyt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Dirty is 90/10, 90 percent beat 10 percent lyrics, and up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content

agree 1 million percent

04-12-2006, 11:46 PM         #272
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
up top we're used to rhyming to break beats or DJ cuts so more importance is given to lyrical content
That is a very valid point sir - good thinking

04-12-2006, 11:50 PM         #273
Thistle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jadakiss obviously failed at maths...the south is 99.9% beats and 0.1% lyrics

04-12-2006, 11:55 PM         #274
SwordzLiquid06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IRemainRaw said
Jadas opinion could never matter to me - this the guy all he raps about is slang for guns,killing and drugs - and its a known fact he aint even like that - he dont sell drugs - an he aint hurting/killin nothin, theyve all proved that they just talk a whole lotta tuff toalk on a track - hes worse than G unit for that - at least fifty cent used to be a player in that respect way back when - guys a studio wanksta therefore - i will not take his opinion seriously - Dblock fans just mad theyre underdog STILL aint sh*t
thats cause gangstas like to hear bout that drug talk and k!lling sh*t....

13 years ago '04        #275
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
 Thistle said
jadakiss obviously failed at maths...the south is 99.9% beats and 0.1% lyrics
Failed at maths?

"haters on my neck......"

Oh my good the irony from your post is dripping through my PC monitor :wow:

Home      

most viewed right now
+50online now  25
Video inside HBO Prison Movie O.G. Starring Jeffrey Wright
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+254online now  25
The most slappable face of 2019 :popfoh:
402 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+95online now  19
Image(s) inside Yasmina 🍑😍
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+16online now  15
Image(s) inside Leslie Jones Attacks Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel
145 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+54online now  14
Image(s) inside REDBONE/LIGHTSKIN BIh CUTE AF CUH! smh
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+51online now  11
Image(s) inside Joe Budden RESPONDS To FUTURE After Joe Deny Em A Interview "I Don't R..
178 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-17online now  10
Video inside Cash me ousside’ girl signs $900K beauty contract, 2 years after infamo..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+71online now  10
ULTRAAAAAAAAA (old heads enter)
77 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy