NFL Jaguars Jalen Ramsey with a real suspect interview
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
143 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Budden's Take on Meek/Game
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #141
Rendition 35 heat pts35
space
space
$10,690 | Props total: 21 21
Before you call me a hater and etc... believe me when I say I really wanted to like this album... Especially after hearing the Crack Music snippit... check my other threads in this forum if you dont believe me... but here's my full breakdown.

tracks with the most potential
Hidden Track - Craaaazy beat... but I could care less about what he's yappin about
Crack Musik - whaaaaat was the Game on every other bar in the hook suppose to do? did nothing but get my hopes up.... songs 6/10
My way home - I hope to god this track isnt only 1:00 minute long

Flawless tracks
Diamonds are forever - Borderline PERFECT. shouldnt have been a single tho...NO
Hey Mama - old... but perfect
Touch The Sky - PERFECTION

Overrated tracks
Gold Digger - Song shouldve been on the Mixtape of tracks that didnt make the album... doesnt fit at all
Track with nas - I listened to it 3 times in a row just to see what I was missing... I dont like it... plus its crazy long...

Songs that are just average
Bring me down - Brandy ruins it for me
Diamonds remix - I dont listen to remixes...
Gone - Cam k!lled his verse... track is average
Celebration - Hottest out of all of these but still isnt anything that would be on a classic
Addiction - The track everyone is talking about? I'm dissapointed in this track more than the nas one... atleast the nas one had a semi hot beat

Highlights of the album
Touch the sky - Lupe outshined ye... but they both came pretty correct
Diamonds are forever (I dont listen to singles so this track is pretty much useless to me as far as listening to the album goes)

BIGGEST MISTAKE - Having a track like "Gold digger" on the album but leaving bittersweat off.... craazy

Lastly

Album rating - 3/5
 08-19-2005, 12:49 AM         #142
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Salazar10033 said:
No but we are telling you to vote thens hut the fu*k up. no one wants to read your lame a.ss review which is completely off poit. you fu*ken say this is most dissapointing cd in 24 years. your type of dude who gave yayo and young cheezy 5 mics and who thinks Ja rule is better then 2pac. shut your lop a.ss up and get the fu*k off of bx wit ya thug motivated mind you fu*ken e-thug

late registration> Rob Crotch's 24 years of listening to music

you obviously fu*king read my opinion, hippocrit. so who the hell are you to tell me what I can and cannot say in a FORUM. a place of discussion. and how am I e-thug, you don't even fu*king know. you over there drawing conclusions, like a fu*king idiot. you need an education man. you're probably still in HS though. people should learn to respect other peoples opinions, whether they like it or not. if you had posted a long write up on how you liked it, i wouldn't have told you to shut the fu*k up. you're just another "college dropout"
 11 years ago '05        #143
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 0 0
Kanye's sophmore album > 50 Cents Sophmore album

shut the fu*k up you 12 year old e-thug g-unit d!ck ryders. if you dont appreciate Late Registration then you dont appreciate music. go listen to some curtis mayfield then get back to me
 11 years ago '05        #144
Killamike79 12 heat pts12
space
space
$25,083 | Props total: 5262 5262
5 mics all day, this is a hot album. but i wasn't worried one bit.
 08-19-2005, 12:50 AM         #145
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rendition said:
Before you call me a hater and etc... believe me when I say I really wanted to like this album... Especially after hearing the Crack Music snippit... check my other threads in this forum if you dont believe me... but here's my full breakdown.

tracks with the most potential
Hidden Track - Craaaazy beat... but I could care less about what he's yappin about
Crack Musik - whaaaaat was the Game on every other bar in the hook suppose to do? did nothing but get my hopes up.... songs 6/10
My way home - I hope to god this track isnt only 1:00 minute long

Flawless tracks
Diamonds are forever - Borderline PERFECT. shouldnt have been a single tho...NO
Hey Mama - old... but perfect
Touch The Sky - PERFECTION

Overrated tracks
Gold Digger - Song shouldve been on the Mixtape of tracks that didnt make the album... doesnt fit at all
Track with nas - I listened to it 3 times in a row just to see what I was missing... I dont like it... plus its crazy long...

Songs that are just average
Bring me down - Brandy ruins it for me
Diamonds remix - I dont listen to remixes...
Gone - Cam k!lled his verse... track is average
Celebration - Hottest out of all of these but still isnt anything that would be on a classic
Addiction - The track everyone is talking about? I'm dissapointed in this track more than the nas one... atleast the nas one had a semi hot beat

Highlights of the album
Touch the sky - Lupe outshined ye... but they both came pretty correct
Diamonds are forever (I dont listen to singles so this track is pretty much useless to me as far as listening to the album goes)

BIGGEST MISTAKE - Having a track like "Gold digger" on the album but leaving bittersweat off.... craazy

Lastly

Album rating - 3/5

are you going to tell this guy to fu*k off bcause he wrote a long review? i'm not, i respect his opinion as a person. fu*king clown
 08-19-2005, 12:50 AM         #146
AL Producer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
already pre-ordered my copy
 08-19-2005, 12:52 AM         #147
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RobCrotch said:
after a complete first listen, and maybe i'll change my mind, this is the most disappointing album in my short life of 24 years. maybe my expectations were extremely unreachable, but i have yet to be blown away by any of the tracks. the first time i heard "diamonds" i was absolutely blown away, but that's it on first listen.

where I think this LP goes wrong is with Kanye's arrogance. He's a musical genius, I don't think anyone can deny how knowledgeable, creative and talented he is. But, from what I can tell, he feels he has to prove how proficient he is on every track. That, in my opinion, takes away from the music. You have nowhere to focus, you're all over the place constantly. Case in point, "Hey Mama." I'm still in love with what I guess is the unmastered version from the unreleased leak. That stripped down sound was so emotionally driven, it just hit you; made you want to call you Mom. Now, it's too mastered, it's too perfect. We're not perfect and our relationship with our mothers isn't perfect, that's the beauty of it and that was what was beautiful about the original.

I know Kanye loves music, and I still think he's an unbelievable artist, but I wish he would understand that perfection in music is unobtainable.
I don't agree exactly, but I can definitely see where you coming from. The album does feel a little bit overproduced and underwhelming lyrically, maybe not from a message standpoint but just a general lack of....words. Kanye is letting the beat speak for him on most of the joints, and that's not something that's done in hip hop a whole lot, because not a lot of producers rap or have the balls to release an instrumental album (read: it won't do numbers).

I don't think stripping Hey Mama down will make it any better (I'm a hater; I just don't like this song ), but maybe if the production was toned down a bit across the board and he dropped a few more bars that would help balance it out. But doing that would take away what makes the album special in the first place.

Experimental music can't please everybody.
 11 years ago '05        #148
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 0 0
 RobCrotch said:
are you going to tell this guy to fu*k off bcause he wrote a long review? i'm not, i respect his opinion as a person. fu*king clown
if your lame a.ss would look back you would see i wrote my own review of the album. and by the way tell your girl she left her birth control over at my pad.

rob crotch= disrespect to boxden= :finger:
 11 years ago '04        #149
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
sh*ts hot, sum of the common beats prolly shoulda been on here but nevertheless i will still buy it when it drop, touch the sky is just cold, even though i thought game was gon drop on crack music its still hot, drive slow is ok but paul wall kinda fu*ked it up 4 me,the joint wit brandy was hot, addiction is my favorite track them drums are so ill kanye did it again
 08-19-2005, 12:55 AM         #150
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beansy said:
I don't agree exactly, but I can definitely see where you coming from. The album does feel a little bit overproduced and underwhelming lyrically, maybe not from a message standpoint but just a general lack of....words. Kanye is letting the beat speak for him on most of the joints, and that's not something that's done in hip hop a whole lot, because not a lot of producers rap or have the balls to release an instrumental album (read: it won't do numbers).

I don't think stripping Hey Mama down will make it any better (I'm a hater; I just don't like this song ), but maybe if the production was toned down a bit across the board and he dropped a few more bars that would help balance it out. But doing that would take away what makes the album special in the first place.

Experimental music can't please everybody.

yeah man, i get where you're coming from. but that's just it, i applaud anyone trying to push the envelope. it just seems he tried to push it the wrong way, for at least myself. the perfection thing k!lls me. music comes from the soul, and we all know that isn't perfect. but props for the response man.
 08-19-2005, 12:56 AM         #151
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Salazar10033 said:
if your lame a.ss would look back you would see i wrote my own review of the album. and by the way tell your girl she left her birth control over at my pad.

rob crotch= disrespect to boxden= :finger:

good one. go read a book.
 08-19-2005, 12:58 AM         #152
phillies1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this joint got some of the livest production I heard on an album. Just the way he arranged the sh*t. on "roses" the drums only come in on the hook?! that sh*t is nasty. And he stepped his rhyme game up like crazy. 4.5....
 11 years ago '04        #153
mista_millz 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,336 | Props total: 225 225
hot, 4.5
 11 years ago '04        #154
Big Shaq 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,902 | Props total: 21 21
its different BUT I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #155
Rendition 35 heat pts35
space
space
$10,690 | Props total: 21 21
Number 1 rule on boxden. If you dont like something someone else likes you're either A. An online thug B. A G-unit stan C. An backpacker geek or D. A Hater
 11 years ago '05        #156
GLOCKN SKIMASK 67 heat pts67
space
space
$6,304 | Props total: 322 322
pure garbage some f*g a.ss sh*t that u cant bump in your car
 11 years ago '04        #157
black ice 2003 
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 12 12
Damn on a 2nd listen that song "Touch The Sky" might be up there in my favorite 3 Kanye Songs with "Last Call" and "Spaceship".On touch the sky that voice sample in the background is fire.Damn well everything about that song is fire.And addiction is a fire a.ss song as well.
 11 years ago '04        #158
vin1215 
space
space
$379 | Props total: 0 0
yo the album is straight no where near his last effotand please i heard that drive slow beat on em's no one is iller than me....Overall I'm dissapointed, ,i expected a hell of a lot more from a man that gave us spaceship
 11 years ago '04        #159
K1 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,466 | Props total: 123 123
...accidently voted 1 =/

I think its a 5 of 5

ALBUMS HOT AS fu*k!
 08-19-2005, 01:29 AM         #160
CMC LF Crew Rep 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yungdreacb said:
On that Drive Slow, somebody else used that sample, can somebody point it out for me
It's Tupac, "Shorty Wanna be a Thug"

Original song is called "Wildflower".

Last edited by CMC LF Crew Rep; 08-19-2005 at 01:55 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
103 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
640 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
34 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
19 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
81 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Jon Favreau To Direct Live-Action Reimagining Of ‘The Lion King..
53 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy