Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)

most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
50 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
125 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-19-2005, 12:12 AM         #121
ShiveringMelody 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also Hank Crawford - Wildflower, is where the sample from Drive Slow, 2pac's Shorty Wanna be a Thug n Eminem's No One is Iller than Me comes from.

Last edited by ShiveringMelody; 08-19-2005 at 12:13 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #122
pootang_ina 
space
space
$741 | Props total: 0 0
i'm buyin this wen it drops, the album is hott...
 08-19-2005, 12:14 AM         #123
DarkAbyss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so far it's not bad.. 3.5/5 mics for now.. gonna take a few listens to give a final verdict
 11 years ago '04        #124
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 15 15
i definitely will cop... good to see ppl sayin that it feels like a movie more than a rap cd... thats wut i feel.. one of the most connected and cohesive rap albums ive ever heard...
 11 years ago '05        #125
Phat_Boi_4_Life 
space
space
$96 | Props total: 0 0
 36chambers said:
ill give it a 4

fu*k u kanye no game verse :finger:
After 2 listens...I have asked the same question??? Good point, pimpin' ! :banghead:
 11 years ago '05        #126
Phat_Boi_4_Life 
space
space
 thagreat98597 said:
Originally Posted by CO Butta
what people dont get is that this is not an album for the streets.....this is an album for life.....get your mind of k!llin, gats, and slingin' for a while....and appreciate life....dumb bi*ches

Nah daz sum real a.ss sh*t

Hell yeah...
 08-19-2005, 12:19 AM         #127
jay0siks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
blazin n listenin to it righh now.. n so far this sh*t is tittee!
 11 years ago '05        #128
Phat_Boi_4_Life 
space
space
 Mhizzle05 said:
this is a definite buy...Late Registration>College Dropout...ALBUM OF THE YEAR....i think i'll be listening to his all night...i'm tellin ya...if you truly think this album isn't good...if this doesn't get 5 mics...if this doesn't get an XXL...if this isn't considered a classic...i'm tellin you right now, i dont know what will top this in 05
Only 1 possibility .... Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang ..... the only possibility, if you ask me personally...past that, this sh*t is str8 fire!
 08-19-2005, 12:24 AM         #129
nyykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 Mics amazing overall second best of the year, just drive slow is terrible, paul wall is the worst rapper.... ever.... All hes ever said is candy paint, dime piece and w/e. Anyways its a very good cd. Diamonds remix and we major are great. Brandy joint is great as well as touch the sky and common k!lls it too. Didnt like crack music though good concept but annoying hook/beat. JB did that beat right?
 08-19-2005, 12:24 AM         #130
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
after a complete first listen, and maybe i'll change my mind, this is the most disappointing album in my short life of 24 years. maybe my expectations were extremely unreachable, but i have yet to be blown away by any of the tracks. the first time i heard "diamonds" i was absolutely blown away, but that's it on first listen.

where I think this LP goes wrong is with Kanye's arrogance. He's a musical genius, I don't think anyone can deny how knowledgeable, creative and talented he is. But, from what I can tell, he feels he has to prove how proficient he is on every track. That, in my opinion, takes away from the music. You have nowhere to focus, you're all over the place constantly. Case in point, "Hey Mama." I'm still in love with what I guess is the unmastered version from the unreleased leak. That stripped down sound was so emotionally driven, it just hit you; made you want to call you Mom. Now, it's too mastered, it's too perfect. We're not perfect and our relationship with our mothers isn't perfect, that's the beauty of it and that was what was beautiful about the original.

I know Kanye loves music, and I still think he's an unbelievable artist, but I wish he would understand that perfection in music is unobtainable.
 08-19-2005, 12:24 AM         #131
SoCalBum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can someone drop me a link? I wanna hear this :banghead:
 11 years ago '05        #132
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 0 0
damn Kanye fu*ken brought the heat. sophmore jix= not for Mr. West. just like other dudes said quit putting your mind on k!lling and slanging. every album doesnt have to be thug motivation or thoughts of a f*g**t felon. the more i listen to late registration makes me appreciate music. John Brion just made this cd that much more tighter. Kanye kept this sh*t on some college dropout level. he didnt have too many appearnces but just enough. cd is real laid back and im be bumpin this for more than a minute.
favorite tracks
touch the sky- sh*t makes me wanna get up and make that paper
drive slow- sounds like em's iller than me and kanye and paul wall k!ll the track
crack music- beat is on some crack sh*t but game should of hopped on a verse
bring me down- brandy brought the r&b flava wita nice kanye verse
we major- i shouldnt have to say anything but NAS AND KANYE
Gone- sh*t got some oldskool vibe to it

Honestly i should put every track but these ones stick out to me more then the rest. This CD gets a 5 MIC for sure. Anyone who doesnt agree should get off bx and get off young cheezy's d!ck. Be happy you got this sh*t and buy the damn cd cause kanye deserves it.

Late registration> Diary of Summer> Thought of a Predicate Felon>Thug Motivation 101>any other weak a.ss release

top 3 cds of 05 in no order
1. late registration
2. documentary
3. b coming
 08-19-2005, 12:33 AM         #133
DaPlaya641 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Salazar10033 said:

1. late registration
2. documentary
3. b coming

thats wassup, props cuz i was thinkin tha same thing
 11 years ago '04        #134
hbjones 
space
space
space
$66 | Props total: 0 0
Man some of yall think this is better than College Dropout?? Kanye doesn't earn his stripes with his lyrics. He earns his stripes with his beats. This sh*t ain't close to College Droupout to me. The beats are a step down. This opinion is off of first listen, but I just don't hear anything for him to be braggin about.
 11 years ago '04        #135
nuknuk42084 
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 0 0
 RobCrotch said:
after a complete first listen, and maybe i'll change my mind, this is the most disappointing album in my short life of 24 years. maybe my expectations were extremely unreachable, but i have yet to be blown away by any of the tracks. the first time i heard "diamonds" i was absolutely blown away, but that's it on first listen.

where I think this LP goes wrong is with Kanye's arrogance. He's a musical genius, I don't think anyone can deny how knowledgeable, creative and talented he is. But, from what I can tell, he feels he has to prove how proficient he is on every track. That, in my opinion, takes away from the music. You have nowhere to focus, you're all over the place constantly. Case in point, "Hey Mama." I'm still in love with what I guess is the unmastered version from the unreleased leak. That stripped down sound was so emotionally driven, it just hit you; made you want to call you Mom. Now, it's too mastered, it's too perfect. We're not perfect and our relationship with our mothers isn't perfect, that's the beauty of it and that was what was beautiful about the original.

I know Kanye loves music, and I still think he's an unbelievable artist, but I wish he would understand that perfection in music is unobtainable.
no one cares that much about your opinoin, vote and get the fuc on
 08-19-2005, 12:39 AM         #136
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nuknuk42084 said:
no one cares that much about your opinoin, vote and get the fuc on

did i fu*king ask you?
 11 years ago '05        #137
aRs0NisT 
space
space
space
$1,373 | Props total: 0 0
Kanye bit Pac again... Drive Slow steals the beat from Lil Homies.
 11 years ago '05        #138
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,114 | Props total: 0 0
 RobCrotch said:
did i fu*king ask you?
No but we are telling you to vote thens hut the fu*k up. no one wants to read your lame a.ss review which is completely off poit. you fu*ken say this is most dissapointing cd in 24 years. your type of dude who gave yayo and young cheezy 5 mics and who thinks Ja rule is better then 2pac. shut your lop a.ss up and get the fu*k off of bx wit ya thug motivated mind you fu*ken e-thug

late registration> Rob Crotch's 24 years of listening to music
 08-19-2005, 12:46 AM         #139
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Salazar10033 said:
1. late registration
2. documentary
3. b coming
Damn, had the same thoughts too. I'd throw Common up there for a top 4 of 05 too.
 11 years ago '04        #140
JFamis 196 heat pts196
space
space
$15,544 | Props total: 835 835
After listening to this album I honestly feel Kanyes lyrics way more than his beats. However I feel both his beats and lyrics as a whole on this album are a step below his last even though some this is better than anything from his last album. Just my opinion if any d!ckryders give me hate for this on Im gon flip cus the sh*t gets old.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
79 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
61 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
188 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
108 comments
1 day ago