Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside News Anchor Who Quit on Live TV to Sell Weed Faces 24 Years in Prison
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
why jim jones keep taunting 50 about traingin camp ?
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside student fights teacher in class and gets chokeslammed by teachers aid
82 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME to Meeky Mouse "all good a week ago"
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-18-2005, 11:04 PM         #61
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea yea, so I finally finished my first go though. I really can't give a number grade to this one cuz I need to speak on this.

For one, I think this album has the hottest production a hip-hop album could ever have, but at the same time I think that's one of the drawbacks. There's TOO MUCH going on in all the tracks, and it takes away from what Kanye is trying to say. I guess he chose to focus on his positives (admit it, his ryhmes are not what got him in the game today). With a lot of listens it'll probably come through, but I dunno if hip hop heads will give it that many spins to give it a chance.

As a whole, this is probably the most experimental mainstream hip hop joint since The Love Below, and because of that I can see it getting a lot of hate. Not saying Kanye went R&B on a n*gga, but almost all the songs break the traditional hip hop/rap theme, and almost give the album a movie feel. Not really a joint you can bump in the ride in the hood, but more of something you sit down and kick back to, or you cruise the freeway with.

Compared to his first joint, I think Late Registration lacks the diversity College Dropout had. Dropout had hood tracks, had introspective tracks, had crusin tracks, had club joints. I don't really hear all that on this one, but I think this is more cohesive as a result. A real ALBUM and not a CD full of singles.

All that said, it ain't perfect. Skits were more balanced this time, but way unnecessary. Ditch the skits next time Kanye. IMO he coulda kept Hey Mama in the vault. Even redoing the beat didn't make me like it. And Heard 'Em Say is a lil suspect, too soft to kick off a CD with.

After writing all that I guess I can give it a number grade after all. 4/5, but I'm feelin more like 4.5/5 but I don't wanna round up. If any album needed an instrumental LP release, it's this one.
 11 years ago '04        #62
persuazion 1 heat pts
space
space
$15,609 | Props total: 582 582
 Maroon_Tiger said:
smfh.........

i mean that album aint bad, but its <<<<<<<<<<< any track on late registration
not to me...this sh*t for real almost put me to sleep....and all that "It gets better after you listen to it a couple of times" is bullsh*t...his College Dropout was amazing the first time I heard it....I dident have to let it "grow on me"......
 11 years ago '04        #63
knowledgesup 
space
space
$532 | Props total: 20 20
4 mics, definitely not classic 5 mic material. It seems like Kanye put more into Common's album than his own. Will have to give it a couple more listens.
 08-18-2005, 11:06 PM         #64
nemeXis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 = Kanye Chedda is doing it big, Someone post the DVD in Videos;

*REMINDER: Support the Boxden IRC Chat movement ->
 11 years ago '05        #65
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,813 | Props total: 498 498
COLLEGE DROPOUT >>>>> LATE REGISTRATION..

thanks.
 08-18-2005, 11:11 PM         #66
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanye did step up his lyrics... dis album is more mellow than college dropout but still hott...
 08-18-2005, 11:11 PM         #67
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
online community is unbelieveable if u played this album to anyone on the street theyd laugh and say what is this some bullsh*t a joke....

i cant believe all these 4 and 5 mics lol

fu*k this bull sh*t
 11 years ago '05        #68
Cheez 
space
space
space
$199 | Props total: 3 3
MortalDanger...you like Young Jeezy...and Nas is no good right?.....wow...and Persuazion Paul Wall's verse doesn't even go with that track he probably just heard the title and wrote that BS about 'sittin sidewayz with swangas swangin and being posted up with boppas in the parkin lot' ....lmfao whatta blockhead
 11 years ago '04        #69
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,087 | Props total: 0 0
how the fu*k yall reviewing it so early...i mean give it a few more listens...sh*t...
 11 years ago '05        #70
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,393 | Props total: 0 0
kanye= savior of hip hop right now.....dont get it twisted...........so much deeper than any other artist....real sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #71
famoussasjohn 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,620 | Props total: 104 104
this cd is pure trash. wut exactly is special about it? its pure garbage kanyes writers didnt do a good job this time so fu*k this cd and fu*k all the kanye c*ck lovers
 11 years ago '04        #72
nuknuk42084 
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 0 0
hot album, 4.5
 11 years ago '05        #73
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,393 | Props total: 0 0
what people dont get is that this is not an album for the streets.....this is an album for life.....get your mind of k!llin, gats, and slingin' for a while....and appreciate life....dumb bi*ches
 11 years ago '05        #74
yungrezzie 
space
space
space
$40 | Props total: 0 0
the reason why i give this album 5 mics is because its not the same fu*k ur girl i got paper type of music not sayin that the street sh*t is bad but its nice to listen to somethin different every now and then and i agree wit my man above me ^^^^^^^^

Last edited by yungrezzie; 08-18-2005 at 11:17 PM..
 08-18-2005, 11:16 PM         #75
AL Producer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
true^^^......forget about jeezy for a while and think about real music
 11 years ago '05        #76
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,813 | Props total: 498 498
 CO Butta said:
kanye= savior of hip hop right now.....dont get it twisted...........so much deeper than any other artist....real sh*t

everyone swears that kanye is SO NICE AT FLOWIN..

naw man.. he really ain't that nice.. he needs to stick wit beats

i ain't hatin on him he can flow but... he ai'nt that nice man..

deeper than any other artist? so he's deeper than beanz??.. come on now....
 11 years ago '04        #77
yungdreacb 
space
space
space
$382 | Props total: 0 0
this sh*t is fu*king sick, sh*ttin on college dropout, lyrically and musically. Crack Music, man i didn't know something with Game on it could sound so good. Those drums is sick. 5 M-F'ING MICS!!!
 11 years ago '04        #78
nuknuk42084 
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 0 0
 famoussasjohn said:
this cd is pure trash. wut exactly is special about it? its pure garbage kanyes writers didnt do a good job this time so fu*k this cd and fu*k all the kanye c*ck lovers
someones having their period today
 11 years ago '04        #79
dont_mention_it 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,538 | Props total: 0 0
Game can't rap anymore, i was expecting a verse,
I'am really feeling that Late song right now
 11 years ago '04        #80
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 15 15
yo this cd is fire. plain and simple.

kanye did some underground, crazy type sh*t with this.. this sh*t aint even radio friendly, yet its mellow as fu*k...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
201 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
82 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
246 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
81 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maino Responds to Wack100! Questions his gangsta..
182 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy