Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)

most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans really got paws put on him smh
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside THIS girl slaps ya girls ass in the club, what ya do?
43 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #601
L.E.S|M 
space
space
$5,597 | Props total: 1 1
I'm gonna give it 6 BX for CLASSIC
 11 years ago '05        #602
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,884 | Props total: 83 83
 yankeex7 said:
for everyone who complains that rap music sucks now and for all the kids on here who bi*ch and complain for albums to come out only so they can hate on them an hour after it drops....THIS ISNT FOR YOU. The album is for people who appreciate music and dont want to hear the same bullsh*t wack a.ss raps and catchy seasme street songs (the whole yayo album) that everyone does now. Everyone says rap is dying cuz it all sound the same and we we have something totally different, props to the person who posted this album has so many beat elements because it does. Its just crazy. If u want to enjoy this album then sit back and take a puff of that good sh*t because this album is above pretty much anything else to come out nowadays. And the haters will live on because thats what the internet is. Half the people on here and like 16 and dont know a fu*king thing about music. Crying and crying for something different yet people still hate. Cant please everybody and Im glad Kanye didnt make a sequel to college dropout. Music is all about growth & I think Kanye will be rapping long after yayos stopped writing chick songs and nursery rhymes..

So why all the hate on yayos album? because you actually have people on here claiming toapf is a better musical album that late registration.. whoever said that deserves to be deaf
preach...
 11 years ago '04        #603
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 Skeeny said:
If you don't like this album then you don't like hip hop. Kanye has takin this thing to a whole new level!! I agree he may sample alot, or practically da whole cd but lyrically nobody is wit him. Best song on the album, (which is hard to choose just one) is We Major wit him and Nas. The way Kanye flows on the hook is so crazy!!
Lol...nobody is fu*king with him lyrically?

Damn, you don't even know Kanye when you hear him...that ain't even him on the hook...that's that kid Really Doe or whatever his name is...
 11 years ago '04        #604
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 Maroon_Tiger said:
and kanye took this past hiphop..... this can be compared with albums of other genres....

this album really made people uncomfortable, like wearing a gq look instead of the usual bummy throwback look..

and i laugh at everyone talking about kanye's lyrics are better on college dropout... thats hillarious right there..

imo, if you dont like this album, you dont appreciate good taste in probably anything... like high class women, high class resturants, dramas and films with great acting like titantic, million dollar baby, etc, or good music in general...
Lol...that's a really good way to put it...
 11 years ago '05        #605
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Jamaro85 said:
Lol...that's a really good way to put it...
yea it was i liked that
 11 years ago '05        #606
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
 younghawk said:
too many cats singing through the whole track, he really didnt give a solid three verses on a song ie "brethe in, breathe out" or he lets the beat breathe for to long between verses or at the end of song. Dont get me wrong, i give at good 3.5 because so many cd's have been garbage. just seems like he tried to change his production philoshphy to comne out with almost a new genre type of sound or in other words he thinks too many people are biting style and he wanted to experimen a lil bit. but with all that said 8 strong tracks give u a good cd in this stage of the game, i mean hov ain't droppin no time soon. It's no college dropout (which was an easy 5 mics) and definently not the cd of the year but its hot. ps: what happened to savin all the good beats for yourself! hottest 4: gone, crack music, drive slow, heard em say
listen to any radio head song
 11 years ago '05        #607
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
 MrNickNick said:
theres a song on this album, i believe its the song featuring brandy... he uses the same verse on some other song as well... does anyone know the name of that song ??
It's Wack n*ggas
 11 years ago '04        #608
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$830 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
Garbage? The fu*k is you smokin' on...? Can't even call that an opinion...that's just not knowing music at all...
I'm a producer you stupid a.ss...and i made better sample sh*t with my playstation then this sh*t and when you sample its like havin half the beat done for you already...so what you can do is try it yourself and see it aint that hard....and by the way if you have to listen to a cd more then once to make it a classic it aint one...........but fu*k the dumb sh*t did anyone see him on that wild'n out show?......
 11 years ago '04        #609
ramzx22 
space
space
space
one more thing even though everyones gonna hate cause i can speak my mind i'll give the album an other listen......why does he always use a fake accent to make words connect?
real question.....i wanna know......
 08-24-2005, 01:24 AM         #610
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ive really been listening to this cd for the past few days and its really great if you don't compare it to College Dropout. And i think thats the problem, when u listen to it, u gotta listen without takin any other outings into consideration. If you do that and pretend this was his first CD that he was putting out, Kanye put out something fantastic. But.... because he did put out something as amazing as College Dropout and he tried going a little different for this outing it seems people are dissapointed. Yes ill admit I was a little dissapointed that there weren't any songs on here like Two Words and Get Em High, but looking at Late Registration on its own, Kanye created some magic. Thats why i give it a 5.
 08-24-2005, 01:33 AM         #611
cooptron3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To sum it up, this is the best music I have heard since College Dropout. Roses, Celebration, Touch The Sky and the way he ended the album are tunes that can not be touched by any music that ANY new rapper has came out with lately.

Album of the year.
 11 years ago '04        #612
yungdreacb 
space
space
space
$382 | Props total: 0 0
 ramzx22 said:
I'm a producer you stupid a.ss...and i made better sample sh*t with my playstation then this sh*t and when you sample its like havin half the beat done for you already...so what you can do is try it yourself and see it aint that hard....and by the way if you have to listen to a cd more then once to make it a classic it aint one...........but fu*k the dumb sh*t did anyone see him on that wild'n out show?......
Im not knocking your opinion, but i think Kanye knew thats what people label him as, a sample producer. So if u notice he didn't do no sped up soul samples (chipmunk sounding stuff).The cat got a 20 piece orchrastra on some tracks yo. He up'd his drum sequencing game (example-Crack Music, he use a double drummer sequence, it sound like 2 drummers are doing they thing).And obviously he up'd his lyric game up a whole lot. A producer who can evolve his sound and be able to convey an advanced vision musically like he did on this album, man The album sound like a movie score yo!!! CLASSIC WORK

But if u can feel that-"IT WILL ALWAYS BE HATERS THATS THE WAY IT IS/HATER n*ggaZ MARRY HATER B**CHES AND HAVE HATER KIDS

Last edited by yungdreacb; 08-24-2005 at 02:25 AM..
 08-24-2005, 02:27 AM         #613
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A very good album from West... If there was a 4.5 mics option, i would've given it that. Very consistent also.
 11 years ago '04        #614
ramzx22 
space
space
space
why am i a hater if i dont like the style?....alot of ppl like diff. things....its just not my kind of sound thats all....I give it a 3 after my 5th listen.........like I told other ppl my classic's are both chronic's reasonable doubt and Illmatic.....is that ok with yall or must i get another response for going against the grain of the reaction you guys got after your listen?
 11 years ago '04        #615
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
I took the advice of some on the board and put the cd on repeat. Cuz let me tell you I was thoroughly disappointed when i first heard and let down. Thinking he gave all the hot music to common. Well I listened and listened and listned. This cd is very very very good record. its an album. I think one of the posters liked it to a movie and another one said college dropout was an album full of hot singles this is a complete record. and it is. the production is hot and his lyrics and lyrical content has improved. he still needs to work on his rappy and how he spits but the way he wrote is really good this time. I must say there were some tracks I hated but after the fourth listen you see where he was going and truly understand it. I hated hey mamma i hated we major and i hated crack music. now I'm really starting to feel we major and the song and the hook and the lyrics and just the music. I still think game needs a verse maybe on a remix..but its possible his verse got pulled due to the beef that just got started with him and bleek so you never know. but this cd is awesome. I mean from front to back i could listen to it without skipping and then sometimes u just have to skip to get to your favorite tracks. I love that song with LUpe fiasco I love that drive slow song with paul wall that track is nuts. I mean the cd bangs the bass is there its not like down south music but the music is top notch and I have to agree it does need to be released as an instrumental to fully appreciate the music. now i voted a 5 for this album. not cuz its a classic cuz I truly don't feel it is. I think somethings should be different and switched up. but its a 5 cuz i highly recommend this album. Go buy it go support GOOD music.

I know some upset about Nas being on the album but you have to see the all eyes on me interview to understand his veiwpoint on having him drop a verse. and I agree i hope it leads to at least a song with Nas and Jigga on it...and in dreamland a Nas and Jigga LP or EP produced by Kanye/just blaze/ and primo...just dreaming though.
 11 years ago '04        #616
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
real quick problems with the album would be no Talib or Mos on the album...no full song with common and i would have a song with john legend on it. I would use Late as the intro track instead of a hidden...wrap it up with gone...put the diamonds oringal as a hidden with bittersweet. shorten we major just a lil bit. and thats it i even like the skits they are funny to me.

i just want to know why bittersweet isn't on here
 11 years ago '04        #617
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
album of the year contenders...Common/game/kanye...so far so good its a tossup although I think i'm still shooting for COmmon but we are waiting on that little brother and then its on!
 08-24-2005, 08:42 AM         #618
K*12*CARTER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
game cant be mentioned in the same category as common^^
 11 years ago '04        #619
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 55 55
 jazzypoet said:
I would use Late as the intro track instead of a hidden...wrap it up with gone...put the diamonds oringal as a hidden with bittersweet.
Co-sign, seems like a lotta heads are sleepin on the bonus track Late--I think it's right up there with We Major and Heard 'Em Say. At this point, Diamonds would've definitely been the better hidden. Also, I can't figure out why The Game didn't spit on Crack Music--guess he's savin all his best verses for his next album.
 08-24-2005, 11:47 AM         #620
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K*12*CARTER said:
game cant be mentioned in the same category as common^^
Maybe not lyrically, but CD wise yes he can.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
67 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
95 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
210 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
54 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
8 comments
2 days ago