Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside New footage of beanie getting knocked out !!!
134 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill 5:07AM
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-21-2005, 09:08 PM         #541
Bill Shakespear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where can i get the album?
 11 years ago '05        #542
hateitorloveit 
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
Rockho is a fu*kin Gunit d!ck rider.....
 11 years ago '05        #543
hateitorloveit 
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
go to teh jukebox... under new albums.... theres like 10 posted on it.... THAT JUKEBOX...NEW ALBUMS.. look for KANYE
 11 years ago '04        #544
YoungForcers 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 36 36
Yea i remember when i frist listened to this cd i thought it was trash but then after a 2nd,3rd,4th listen this sh*t is actually fu*kin flames kanye really stepped his game up on this cd Bring Me Down is fu*kin amazing We Major is also fu*kin amazing damn man who ever doesn't like this album needs to k!ll them fu*kin selves and give credit to a good album when u hear one. my rating: 4/5
 11 years ago '04        #545
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,105 | Props total: 3 3
i wasnt really feeling it much after the first couple listens but after bumping this all weekend im loving this album!! this album is fu*king fire definetly picking this up on the 30th!! thanks kanye for some real hip hop!!

fu*k a tony yayo, 50 or gunit!!
 11 years ago '05        #546
jaydee24 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 0 0
Do ya'll think this is better than college dropout. I don't think so. It gets a 3. i mean i could be giving him that score because of his behavior lately, baby a.ss n*gga. I don't see how common worked with him man. And everybody i know that used to be in the studio with him back in the day say kanye is just a totally different person now. a a**hole to be exact. But hey, him as a person ain't got sh*t to do with his music. maybe i gotta listen to this a couple more times. But right now its a 3 outta 5
 11 years ago '05        #547
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,884 | Props total: 83 83
1st of to say this is not really on the level on college dropout. This album is on the on that Andre 3000 tip. To me he really matured on this one musically with all the instruments and the way they are used including the people he have featured on his songs... at first i wa sskeptical about all the people featured on this album but in the end they just play a role like any instrument he put into a song. For example Game i know everbdy prollt thought he wa gone spit some "hot fire" but kanye just wanted him to be on the chorus cause it sounded right. All this is just my opinions.
This cd is best described as A musical Journey.. or experience. I think thats enough i could go on but...

yall can prop me if u wanna i know i am a virgin up in here :) lol
 11 years ago '05        #548
Tounw 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,884 | Props total: 83 83
 beansy said:
Yea yea, so I finally finished my first go though. I really can't give a number grade to this one cuz I need to speak on this.

For one, I think this album has the hottest production a hip-hop album could ever have, but at the same time I think that's one of the drawbacks. There's TOO MUCH going on in all the tracks, and it takes away from what Kanye is trying to say. I guess he chose to focus on his positives (admit it, his ryhmes are not what got him in the game today). With a lot of listens it'll probably come through, but I dunno if hip hop heads will give it that many spins to give it a chance.

As a whole, this is probably the most experimental mainstream hip hop joint since The Love Below, and because of that I can see it getting a lot of hate. Not saying Kanye went R&B on a n*gga, but almost all the songs break the traditional hip hop/rap theme, and almost give the album a movie feel. Not really a joint you can bump in the ride in the hood, but more of something you sit down and kick back to, or you cruise the freeway with.

Compared to his first joint, I think Late Registration lacks the diversity College Dropout had. Dropout had hood tracks, had introspective tracks, had crusin tracks, had club joints. I don't really hear all that on this one, but I think this is more cohesive as a result. A real ALBUM and not a CD full of singles.

All that said, it ain't perfect. Skits were more balanced this time, but way unnecessary. Ditch the skits next time Kanye. IMO he coulda kept Hey Mama in the vault. Even redoing the beat didn't make me like it. And Heard 'Em Say is a lil suspect, too soft to kick off a CD with.

After writing all that I guess I can give it a number grade after all. 4/5, but I'm feelin more like 4.5/5 but I don't wanna round up. If any album needed an instrumental LP release, it's this one.
omg i couldn't of have said it better myself. with this album u can tell kanye's an artist. His bass lines are like the canvas and all of the extra things including the rapping and singing is the paint
 11 years ago '04        #549
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$830 | Props total: 0 0
damn....none of yall must be producers......garbage a.ss beats.......
 08-22-2005, 02:18 AM         #550
Dizno 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its just amazing how many people hated the album, just cuz he made it musical, rather than a rap album
 11 years ago '04        #551
ramzx22 
space
space
space
then let there now be a musical section on boxden.....stupid
 11 years ago '04        #552
ramzx22 
space
space
space
and by the way he didn't produce the whole album....got help
 08-22-2005, 02:36 AM         #553
The_Blast 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice to see both the haters and d!ckryders are at their best for the release of this album.

After listening to it for two days straight I think I can now give a pretty decent opinion on it...

It's as good as The College Dropout, but like CD it has it's problems, both very similar problems. Too many skits, not very funny skits either. Like CD it also has two tracks which are annoying right now, and will only get more annoying the older the album gets. These are 'Gold Digger' & 'Celebration', I really, really dislike them.

The strong points on this album are very much the type of Hip Hop I love, Soul type stuff, with (for Kanye's standards) very good lyrics. Standout tracks for me that have been on repeat are Heard Em' Say, Touch The Sky, Roses, Bring Me Down & Hey Mama.

Also props to Kanye for having so many relatively unknown names on a mainstream album, very good to see.
 08-22-2005, 03:56 AM         #554
boxden651 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ramzx22 correction fu*k hole.. you must not be a producer. To not know how dope the samples are
 08-22-2005, 04:03 AM         #555
boxden651 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The_Blast I strongly disgaree saying gold digger is a bad track.. It definatly has quality.But celebration isn't that great id say worst track on a 9/10 album
 11 years ago '04        #556
bruisedknux 
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
The CD is on some grown man sh*t. Obviously, it will not appeal to the new age hip hop heads because its not a trendy CD. The CD deserves a 5 for creativity. I think he did it again with this one. I give the cat credit for making his own trail and for being an innovator and not a follower like most producers.
 11 years ago '04        #557
xtac 
space
space
space
$859 | Props total: 0 0
album is fu*king crack u stupid, wackest song is the sh*t with common, cam and celebration bi*ches, the other sh*ts r 5/5 = 4.5 mics them skits is wack 2 but they funny
 08-22-2005, 11:53 AM         #558
blak_mag1k 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like da beats, he cnt rhyme. da beats r feel gd. best song on it is addiction.
 11 years ago '05        #559
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,846 | Props total: 136 136
Not as hot as College Dropout but still a good album
 08-22-2005, 02:39 PM         #560
Bandit73 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hot album drove around all weekend bumpin' that.. Drive Slow
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wonít Stop Talking: Meet the NFLís next shutdown corner
78 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
86 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
249 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
41 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside WAK100 Calls out " TEEFY " da BUCK TOOF NIG who KNOCKED out BEANS !
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy