Video inside Budden's Take on Meek/Game
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Meeky mouse POSTING EMOTIONAL RANT!!!!
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Wayne opening up about Drake's prison betrayl. Drizzy smashed his girl
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-20-2005, 09:44 AM         #461
scheming 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this cd is crazy, addiction is a CRAZY song. if you havent heard it yet, i suggest lighting a blunt and getting REALLL focked up b4 u listen to this song... the beat takes u on a trip
 11 years ago '05        #462
jondaincredible 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 39 39
damn i gave it a 3 first time i listened to it but its leanin towards a 5 this time around.
 08-20-2005, 10:06 AM         #463
runtothesun 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
eminem and mos def. tried going outside the box and created sh*tty albums... missy's been tryin and hasnt made anythign better than a piece of sh*t since under construction..

kanye got it right two albums in a row...

if you dont like it (late registration) then you simply cant APPRECIATE IT.. point blank...

there is no way you can sit here and say its wack.. maybe its too much for you... be a man and admit that you dont find this style of music to be appealing

lol @ people saying that kanye's lyrics were better on college dropout... aint that the same album where he said "oh girl, your sillolette make wanna light a ciggarette, its ya boy kanye from the jigga set, twista said get it wet!!!"

LOL...you're so on point man...

The beats are so damn intricate on LR...there's so much to them. It's not just like someone threw together a bunch of noises (ie Lil Jon - granted Lil Jon is good at what he does. But Kanye is doing his own thing).

I think people are jumping too fast...it wasn't immediately what they wanted to hear so they're thinking it sucks. They listen to it 5 more times and they'll be like "BEST CD OF 05 MANNNNNNN."
 08-20-2005, 10:48 AM         #464
younghawk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
too many cats singing through the whole track, he really didnt give a solid three verses on a song ie "brethe in, breathe out" or he lets the beat breathe for to long between verses or at the end of song. Dont get me wrong, i give at good 3.5 because so many cd's have been garbage. just seems like he tried to change his production philoshphy to comne out with almost a new genre type of sound or in other words he thinks too many people are biting style and he wanted to experimen a lil bit. but with all that said 8 strong tracks give u a good cd in this stage of the game, i mean hov ain't droppin no time soon. It's no college dropout (which was an easy 5 mics) and definently not the cd of the year but its hot. ps: what happened to savin all the good beats for yourself! hottest 4: gone, crack music, drive slow, heard em say
 11 years ago '04        #465
mjames1404 
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
Fire 4.5, WE Major remix with Nas and Jay would be Insane!
 11 years ago '05        #466
thecondogg 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 0 0
alright, im on my 3rd or 4th spin, and i dunno how everyone is rating this so fast, its gonna take a couple weeks to sink in for me.... a genius album though, its a fu*kin trip to listen to.....

... but one thing i can say right now is that kanye has all the respect in the world from me. He coulda made a formula album, or even another college dropout, and sold wayyyyy more than this will sell. But instead he did some new sh*t, tried to re-invent hip hop, to keep it alive in the long run....HUGE props to kanye on this one, whether or not its a 5 star classic or not...
 11 years ago '05        #467
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
4 out of five just cuz Dropout was better
 08-20-2005, 11:28 AM         #468
legecy2k6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn had to come back and comment REALLY NICE had listen to album like 7 times sh*t is really nice u gotta give it to kanye all u hater not many people could do this beats are insane drums and all just amazing u cant compare college dropout to this SIMPLE because its on a different note college dropout had church b00ty shakers, workout music, real stuff, stories, inspiration songs that album had it all, while late registration is like all real one club banger but just speaking on real issues and all this is one of the only people that can do that and be real how many of n*gga yall know rap about political and aids and it still be ill i gotta give it kanye mad propz cause he is ONE of the only ones that said ya im changing up my style and made it good anybody else says im going to change my style of this album has sucked bad

i havent seen a album get ratings like this EVER even newbs and people who we havent seen in years coming back to drop props or vote :applause:

50% of the votes are 5s
then next highest percent is 4s

CRAZY :banghead:

all of u who got it go cop it August 30th and go cop it we gotta make this sh*t plat in a week

Last edited by legecy2k6; 08-20-2005 at 11:30 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #469
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 gunit4life said:
this aint better than College Dropout, but i aint rating it like some ppl on here are.....still Late Registration is somewhat classic material, i still stand to my rating 4/5
^^^You aren't rating it like some people are, but you just did? Or did I misinterpret what you typed...anyway, I just feel that this is a musical piece of art...it's a lot more cohesive as an album, and 20x better than College Dropout production wise...he took the production to a whole 'nother level IMO...
 11 years ago '04        #470
Jamaro85 
space
space
 rnr1312 said:
wheres the code at im new????????????????
This ain't a Nintendo game homie...peep the Jukebox if you have access to it...
 11 years ago '04        #471
Jamaro85 
space
space
 ElMarroAfamado said:
am i the only one who found nothing special from this cd....he can put out sh*t

and just cuz he is kanye west people will be on his nuts.....geesh

and lighten up with the classic sh*t......definitely overrated ....

the Kurupt cd is way better than this sh*t
^^^That's your opinion...you obviously just have a different taste in music...don't knock people for that opinion...if you can't listen to this for it's musical value then you don't appreciate music homie...

What do you consider to be a better album that has dropped this year BTW?

Last edited by Jamaro85; 08-20-2005 at 12:30 PM..
 08-20-2005, 12:32 PM         #472
VanDango 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so i wanted to wait after a few listens to the whole cd before i judged, 4 mics from me on this 1. prolly give it 4.5 if it was an option. not that it counts for the anything but i thought the skits were entirely useless except the opening one, carrying off the first cd. anyways the beats are all fu*kin good and cd was way better then i was expecting
 11 years ago '04        #473
Jamaro85 
space
space
 TheGreatDane said:
I hate to tell the truth...but this sh*t is horrible...dude is straight garbage...i mean his flow is so damn annoying...me and my partner Inferno was like...is this n*gga for real...this sh*t is gay...yall cats think he's the savior of this sad hip hop state...yall need to see a priest...he may stand beside some good issues..but overall...his production has slipped alot, his flow is total garbage...and to think yall saying this sh*t is classic..well I dunno what to say to yall...i came from an era 93-98 eastcoast wu, boot camp, kool g, biggie, pac, scarface ghetto boys era. Its sad to see that quote unquote hip hop has came to...kayne west....total garbage at its fullest...50 cent, g-unit, and all these commercial a.ss n*ggas man..justice league is about the only sh*t that I bump...fu*k these garbage a.ss emcee wannabes...the hardest cat out right now is game...even though he has a tendency to use peps name, hes better than kayne, 50, ying yang, and 90 percent of this n*ggas out there...anyways..this albulm is pure trash and I think anyone who truely bumps this sh*t is never delt with the streets of hip hop or just recently jumped on the bandwagon of this horrible hip hop era that began with master p and no limit...

Hopefully, and I pray, that these A&R's realize that hip hop is gone too damn commercial and that there is actual talent out there that needs to be recognized...let us pray....
^^^I feel you on that...but have you heard of a thing called growth...

If you still want to hear street sh*t from the early to mid ninetees...I don't know what to say? That was one of hip-hop's best eras, and I understand that this album doesn't conform to the normal standards of hip-hop...

This sh*t is just good music...I consider it a classic in that sense...not because of Kanye being 'the illest rapper'...it's a wonderfully orchestrated album...

Like some other cats have been saying, this sh*t is like listening to a hip-hop orchestra, or the score to a movie...

No this isn't anything like Illmatic, Ready 2 Die, Enter The Wu-Tang, Me Against The World, etc. etc...

Yep, Kanye isn't anywhere near the best rapper...that's not what I give him credit for...he puts together masterful pieces on the production tip, even if Jon Brion a.ssisted him with this effort...it's musically masterful IMO...
 08-20-2005, 12:39 PM         #474
golf7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gave it 4 mics, cause its really good, but its not as good as i thought =P

btw, what ever happened to Bittersweet with john mayor?
 11 years ago '04        #475
robaldo 
space
space
$873 | Props total: 0 0
gave it 4

i just think College Dropout is better
 11 years ago '05        #476
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,300 | Props total: 8 8
Dudes on hear was sweatin' on nuts for this to drop, and when it does they're hatin' on this album. This is easily the best album of 2005, and better than College Dropout which I also think was a 5/5, so this is easily a 5/5. The best joints on here are "Drive Slow", "Diamonds", "Crack Music", "Gone" & "We Major." Too many haters on this site for real, I'm gonna buy this when it comes out because it's so good.
 08-20-2005, 01:31 PM         #477
IcE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gave it 4 micz sh*t is nice :applause:

Last edited by IcE; 08-20-2005 at 01:32 PM..
 08-20-2005, 01:40 PM         #478
cheesetits 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it just me or did he toooootally jack "Drivin Slow" *cough* Shorty wanna be a thug
 11 years ago '04        #479
Ameen 
space
space
$2,199 | Props total: 0 0
51% of the votes think this is a 5 mic classic......wow
 11 years ago '04        #480
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,637 | Props total: 4157 4157
this sh*t is kinda weak to me, in terms of how hyped it was...ehhhh
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
102 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
640 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Japanese Men Trying to Pronounce "Massachusetts"
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Jon Favreau To Direct Live-Action Reimagining Of ‘The Lion King..
44 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
14 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Wonít Stop Talking: Meet the NFLís next shutdown corner
80 comments
2 days ago