Kanye West - Late Registration (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
105 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
368 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what yall think
5 BX - This is Hot! You gotta cop it! 1,500 48.89%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 860 28.03%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 461 15.03%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 85 2.77%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 162 5.28%
Voters: 3068. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #241
Tay187213 105 heat pts105
space
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 8 8
i know this has to hurt street n*ggaz cuz this could be the first 5 mic album thats not made for the streets. we losin hip hop its not where it started in the streets. maybe for the best cuz kanye took it to another level i gotta hear dre next year and compare the 2.
 08-19-2005, 09:16 AM         #242
nuttabutta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know alot of people are going to say this album is ill and all but its not better than College Dropout. To me this album is far lesser of a masterpiece than Common's album and lesser meaning not as good and the beats aren't as hot as College Dropout. Just wanted to hear your responses.
 08-19-2005, 09:19 AM         #243
tparks10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have no idea what everyone's expectations for this album were. I mean, how many artists put out a great(near classic) debut and then follow it with something better? It's nice though, his lyrics were much better. I'd give it a 4/5.

Last edited by tparks10; 08-19-2005 at 09:28 AM..
 08-19-2005, 09:22 AM         #244
drgthang 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where can I get the NFO?
 11 years ago '04        #245
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 8 8
alot different than college dropout. when i first listened to it i thought it was alright, but on the second listen its really growing on me. i like the different style he has with the production, no more speed up sample on this one.

right now its a 4/5 album, but its really growing on me so well see....
 11 years ago '04        #246
HaRLeM-WorLd 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
2/5
College Dropout >>>>>>>>>>>> Late Registration
 08-19-2005, 09:26 AM         #247
I Saigon I 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HaRLeM-WorLd said:
2/5
College Dropout >>>>>>>>>>>> Late Registration
real talk...this was good but college dropout was better
 11 years ago '04        #248
cov 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$397 | Props total: 1 1
some people mad upset bittersweet not it...suck it up

album of the year

another artist pushing the limits of hip-hop...thats whats up
 11 years ago '04        #249
lzrich 
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1 1
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.........dAMN this sh*t is fu*king fantastic man...........That joint "GONE" is by far my favorite track.....Kanye fu*king k!lled that beat man....Damn that sh*t gave me goosebumps it was so tight. I give this sh*t a 10.
 11 years ago '04        #250
JaeC 
space
space
space
$1,327 | Props total: 0 0
1. Wake Up - Skit with bernie mac, the intro to the album...
2. Heard Em Say f/ Maroon 5 - Very mellow, slow tempo track... The guy out of maroon 5 belongs on the hook and has a nice smooth voice... Dope Opening Track - 4.5/5
3. Touch The Sky - So after a slow track to get the album going ur all relaxed then this is dropped on u... Every1 will recognise the CLASSIC sample and kayne has a dope as fu*k beat, the song is really high tempo and great to get u moving... Lyrically he is dope, "A Hip Hop Legend, I Think I Died In That Accident Cos This Must Be Heaven!" And Lupe Fiasco rips the track with a dope flow... Superb song - 5/5
4. Gold Digger f/ Jamie Foxxx - You all wud of heard this 1, pretty decent track with jamie foxx droppin a nice little soulful sample... Kanye has a pretty fnny verse and the song will grow on u... - 3.5/5
5. Skit 1
6. Drive Slow w/ glc & Paul Wall - Dope beat which is sampled from an atmosphere song, nice relaxed flows from all 3 on this that is made to be played whilst crusing... - 5/5
7. My Way Home w/ Common - This is just a short track which only features common, sounds like material that didnt make it on to Be... But lyrically common rips this and its a dope little sample in the beat... Very short though... - 4/5
8. Crack Music w/ The Game - Wasnt keen on this what so ever at first, but its grown on me... Hook is pretty catchy and kanyes 1st verse is a nice little political jab at the usa goverment and its history... He comes dope on this & this song ive become fond of... - 4/5
9. Roses - Deep as fu*k, simply amazing story telling by kanye and the imagery is dope... Beat is very nice and the sample on the hook is catchy as fu*k... Flawless track - 5/5
10. Bring Me Down w/ Brandy - This needs to be a single, looking at the song i thought o sh*t this is gonna suck... But the beat is dark as fu*k and brandy has a nice a.ss hook, very well sung... Kanye spits, "Everybody Feel A Way About K, But At Least U Feel Something..." Another 1 of my favourites, cant stop playing... - 5/5
11. Addiction - Nice Flow on this by kanye and the beat is again dope with a great sample... At first i hated this i even told blinks i wasnt keen on this but its grown on me big time, nice concept on this 1 lyrically 2... Has Grown on me... 4/5
12. Skit 2
13. Diamonds Remix w/ Jay-Z - Surpasses the original for me, Jay Rips this big time... 4.5/5
14. We Major w/ Nas & Really Doe - Really shud of been better with nas on the track, but his verse rips the beat and makes the song... Nas makes this song, the beat is ok but i can see it growing on me... 3/5
15. Skit 3
16. Hey Mama - Best song on the album, what more can i say... This is to 2005 what 2pacs dear mama was to 1994, every 1 can relate to this song and the sung hook & beat is dope as fu*k... A must check song, 1 of kanyes best ever songs... 5/5
17. Celebration - Nice Mellow Track, nice to chill too... Kanye makes me laugh with his lyrics, "I know my son will be wel endowed like his daddy!" lmfao... Song is decent, kanye sounds like he is high... Pretty Good - 3.5/5
18. Skit 4
19. Gone w/ Cam'Ron & Consequence - Dope beat, Dope Sample & Dope combination of rappers... Cam rips the beat up with his flow and this is very very decent... 4.5/5
20. Diamonds - Every 1 has heard this, in my opinion its good but overrated, i favour the remix... 3.5/5
21. Late - Dope Closer... 4/5
 11 years ago '04        #251
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 2 2
well now that the initial shock of the album is wearing off maybe we can get some honest reviews. i rate it a 4.5 but i gave it a 4 here. the music on here is epic but it's something holding it back from being a 5. i just didn't get the same euphoria that i got when i first played college dropout.
 08-19-2005, 09:45 AM         #252
Youngmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ayo kanye dropped a classic i been waitin for dis and it lived up to the hype in my opinion i love dat drive slow beat
 11 years ago '05        #253
Rendition 35 heat pts35
space
space
$10,690 | Props total: 21 21
All Falls Down
Last Call
Through The Wire
Never Let You Down
Spaceship

no tracks on this album compaire.
 11 years ago '04        #254
lzrich 
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1 1
Yeah, Im gonna cop it on the 30th fa sho mane
 08-19-2005, 09:58 AM         #255
theman4002 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OMG, i see that erryone gave this 5 Bx's!!!, it's okay, i dont even like Kanye and i like about half of the album...but it's no where close to 5 Bx's or mics, SMH at erry 1 that gave it a 5
 08-19-2005, 10:00 AM         #256
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
after second listen, this sh*t is growing on me but i still think he's tryin too hard. it disappointed me, but i was expecting his "abbey road" or "illmatic." an unrealistic goal i suppose. it's still easily a 4 mic album. possibly 4.5.

Last edited by RobCrotch; 08-19-2005 at 10:01 AM..
 08-19-2005, 10:20 AM         #257
awwman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THat sh*t is HOT HOT HOT
 08-19-2005, 10:31 AM         #258
absolute_510 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok so first listen i was kinda disapointed..then i listened to it one more time last nigth before going to sleep...then again this morning and i must say damn! AMAZING! this cd is just wow! beats are a little slower than expected but genius!! i gave it a 5!
 11 years ago '04        #259
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,320 | Props total: 2459 2459
its good, more mellow than his first effort. I would give him a 3.5/5 if I was a rater but im not so I will just listen to it..
 11 years ago '04        #260
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,320 | Props total: 2459 2459
 Youngmoney88 said:
ayo kanye dropped a classic i been waitin for dis and it lived up to the hype in my opinion i love dat drive slow beat
That beat is taken from another rapper, i cant remember who but yea, its been out forever so dont think kanye made cuz he didnt.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
102 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
33 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
67 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
139 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
58 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy