:How To: Build Your Own SPL Vehicle

most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Game & Meek End Their Beef As Game Shows Support For Meeks New Puma Sn..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Pepe the Frog Meme Has Been Declared a Hate Symbol
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NBA Has Gordon Hayward been on that offseason HGH cycle? (pic)
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL This Guy Is Becoming The Realest Athlete In The Last 20yrs{Abdul-Rauf}
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-18-2005, 07:40 PM         #21
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
No doubt..

Me and Rich have been talking a good bit these past few weeks, im in the process of lining some business up for him as I type. Over my years in the field ive come across many car audio shops, theres no reason for them not to carry his product.

Yea rich is a kool guy......
I feel ya, theres no need for shops not to carry these batterys.Best of luck.

Ps did u get ne green monster stickers............
 11 years ago '04        #22
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Fuzz420 said:
Yea rich is a kool guy......
I feel ya, theres no need for shops not to carry these batterys.Best of luck.

Ps did u get ne green monster stickers............
Just got back from picking these up at the shipping companys hub.....Car Audio pr0n.

Clothed....

[pic - click to view]

nekkid....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The Monsters....(and two rear window decals that say Kinetic w/ the web address)

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 11-12-2005 at 01:11 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #23
Falcon_no7 
space
space
$691 | Props total: 0 0
good sh*t man, cant wait to see the final product
 11 years ago '04        #24
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
UPS drops off a package....

[pic - click to view]

4 Boxes.....what could be inside...

[pic - click to view]

In the biggest box...4 6 1/2 inch Hifonics ZS6.2C Component Sets

[pic - click to view]

In the 3 other boxes....tons of Hooker Audio wiring accessories (w/more on the way)

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 08-19-2005 at 01:53 PM..
 08-19-2005, 01:55 PM         #25
dagreatss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u must be plannin on drivin this car, cause i never seen componets in a spl competiton vehicle. and if u are may god have mercy on ur ears and everyone else within a mile
 11 years ago '04        #26
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 dagreatss said:
u must be plannin on drivin this car, cause i never seen componets in a spl competiton vehicle. and if u are may god have mercy on ur ears and everyone else within a mile
Haha...yep....daily driver...
 08-19-2005, 02:59 PM         #27
BAMA_SCREW_HEAD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
say man since u actually hookin up the sound in an intrepid and i may have one soon.............what u think bout this......boston 6.5's and 6x9's....sh*t ill prolly put em on my eclipse 400/4 i got now.........then uhhh for subs i aint sure what i wanna do yet soooo what are some suggestions.........i forgot to add i already got a JL250/1 in my jeep but i may upgrade to a JL 500/1 sooooooooo iono jus tell me what u think..........

Last edited by BAMA_SCREW_HEAD; 08-19-2005 at 03:00 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #28
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 BAMA_SCREW_HEAD said:
say man since u actually hookin up the sound in an intrepid and i may have one soon.............what u think bout this......boston 6.5's and 6x9's....sh*t ill prolly put em on my eclipse 400/4 i got now.........then uhhh for subs i aint sure what i wanna do yet soooo what are some suggestions.........i forgot to add i already got a JL250/1 in my jeep but i may upgrade to a JL 500/1 sooooooooo iono jus tell me what u think..........
The Boston mids are quality, 6X9's in the back and 6.5's in the front should sound good running off the Eclipse. I thought about just replacing the factory 6X9's (I have the Infinity upgrade package) but decided to just go with components all the way around.

For subs whatever you do face the enclosure forward, making sure to seal off everything from the face of your enclosure from the trunk. The rear seats let down and with this set up you'll pound. If you go with the JL 500/1 I would snatch up 4 10's (ported), look into the Kicker L5's not the L7's stack the tens up like this:

XXOO
XXOO

X's represent subs and O's your port (either circular "aeroports" or a huge slot port tuned in the mid 30's)
 08-19-2005, 10:20 PM         #29
BAMA_SCREW_HEAD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
The Boston mids are quality, 6X9's in the back and 6.5's in the front should sound good running off the Eclipse. I thought about just replacing the factory 6X9's (I have the Infinity upgrade package) but decided to just go with components all the way around.

For subs whatever you do face the enclosure forward, making sure to seal off everything from the face of your enclosure from the trunk. The rear seats let down and with this set up you'll pound. If you go with the JL 500/1 I would snatch up 4 10's (ported), look into the Kicker L5's not the L7's stack the tens up like this:

XXOO
XXOO

X's represent subs and O's your port (either circular "aeroports" or a huge slot port tuned in the mid 30's)
sounds good but see the 99 intrepid the seats dont go down........i was thinkin bout maybe gettin 3 w3v2's cause sh*t i was bout to get three of them for my jeep anyway 10 or 12's i wasnt sure yet but i prolly go wit 10's in my jeep and if i get the intrepid imma go wit the 12's iono yet im still considering and my mom aint decided if she wanna give me the car or if she jus gon lemme keep the jeep.........
 08-19-2005, 10:30 PM         #30
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
Just got back from picking these up at the shipping companys hub.....Car Audio pr0n.

Clothed....

[pic - click to view]

nekkid....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The Monsters....(and two rear window decals that say Kinetic w/ the web address)

[pic - click to view]

Thats what the F u c k im talkin bout

Kinetik batterys>>>>>>Ne other battery on the planet bar-non

Drug Dylan said:
UPS drops off a package....

[pic - click to view]

4 Boxes.....what could be inside...

[pic - click to view]

In the biggest box...4 6 1/2 inch Hifonics ZS6.2C Component Sets

[pic - click to view]

In the 3 other boxes....tons of Hooker Audio wiring accessories (w/more on the way)

Maxxsonic huh............

Hmmm.........Nobody pointed out and u neglected to mention in above mention post along with the hifonics highs.......

So maxxsonics subs it is, which model so i can look'em up so u dont have to time out all the details.Also would u be running a hifonics zues amp as well.................
 08-19-2005, 11:16 PM         #31
samakaballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man i dont understand,,,, i can never get my two 12 inch JL audio subs up any where NEAR peak power son... becuase it makes houses shake and my fu*kin ears hurt like a motherfu*ker one night icouldn't get to bed cuz my ears hurt so bad how the fu*k can u listen to all that power,, u must be wearing earplugs, lmfao
 11 years ago '04        #32
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 Fuzz420 said:
Thats what the F u c k im talkin bout

Kinetik batterys>>>>>>Ne other battery on the planet bar-non

Maxxsonic huh............

Hmmm.........Nobody pointed out and u neglected to mention in above mention post along with the hifonics highs.......

So maxxsonics subs it is, which model so i can look'em up so u dont have to time out all the details.Also would u be running a hifonics zues amp as well.................
Yea it doesnt get to much better than Kinetik, I was happy with the purchase, just hated bringing them into the house...sh*ts are heavy as fu*k.
Maxxsonic is the company I compete for, under their umbrella they own Hifonics, Autotek and Crunch. Unfortunately I wont be using their subs, I had orginally planned to back when I was gonna stick to 1 amp per sub, I got a lil crazy and decided to go with 8000 watts per, so I had to step my sub choice up a notch or three.

samakaballer said:
man i dont understand,,,, i can never get my two 12 inch JL audio subs up any where NEAR peak power son... becuase it makes houses shake and my fu*kin ears hurt like a motherfu*ker one night icouldn't get to bed cuz my ears hurt so bad how the fu*k can u listen to all that power,, u must be wearing earplugs, lmfao
You get used to it overtime, I only wear earplugs in my teammates cars/trucks since their cars are ridiculously loud anything under 160 db's I can tolerate, once we get above that its time to put something on the ears. One thing I will tell you is bass doesnt have the same effect as high's does on the ears. Screaming highs will damage your hearing long before bass ever will.

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 08-20-2005 at 07:33 AM..
 08-20-2005, 12:27 PM         #33
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
Yea it doesnt get to much better than Kinetik, I was happy with the purchase, just hated bringing them into the house...sh*ts are heavy as fu*k.
Maxxsonic is the company I compete for, under their umbrella they own Hifonics, Autotek and Crunch. Unfortunately I wont be using their subs, I had orginally planned to back when I was gonna stick to 1 amp per sub, I got a lil crazy and decided to go with 8000 watts per, so I had to step my sub choice up a notch or three.

You get used to it overtime, I only wear earplugs in my teammates cars/trucks since their cars are ridiculously loud anything under 160 db's I can tolerate, once we get above that its time to put something on the ears. One thing I will tell you is bass doesnt have the same effect as high's does on the ears. Screaming highs will damage your hearing long before bass ever will.
Yea i feel ya, im good to bout 160 and then after that i gotta get out the ride or get earplugged up.Yea ur system is gonna be bangin.....
I can wait to see the final install.Are u going to use a slit-port box,im pretty sure u will.Since its in a intrepid, i take it ur gonna be building a wall of sorts in the back seat area........
:D
 11 years ago '04        #34
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
New install pics coming tomorrow...been working on the car for the last two days for atleast 12-14 hrs per day. So far I have the car totally rewired, box and bracing finished, batteries wired, and amp rack semi built. I will remember to post up pics tomorrow (left my camera in my homies garage, which has now been nicknamed "Midwest Customs" a la West Coast...got the name due to some crazy install work being done here in the last two days, not just on my car.)

In the last three days the garage has seen a set of suicide doors on a Blazer Xtreme, 2 sets of rims, couple Eclipse full Nav' installs, re did a port on one of our other show vehicles (wall w/ 3 15's), and of course my car.
 11 years ago '04        #35
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
As promised.....

[pic - click to view]

My old subs...Elemental SP 15's one of my top 5 SPL subs ive ever owned and ive owned quite a few. Sub gets stupid loud and still sounds good doing it, ive beat the hell out of it with 2500 watts RMS (per sub) for a few years and currently running about 3000 to them, and they keep tickin'

[pic - click to view]

Inside the box, showing a lil bracing and a few of my "box tricks"

[pic - click to view]

Mounted the Autoteks on top of box...with 2 4000's pushed all the way to the back of the box and the two 4 channels right in front of those. On the back of the box rests another 4000 and 2 of 4 1/0 distro blocks.

[pic - click to view]

Back (4000) and bottom (4000) (pre trim panels)

[pic - click to view]

Back and bottom 4000's lit up at night....

[pic - click to view]

My fun pic....I set the camera to snap a few pics "slow motion style" while it was resting on the bumper lid of my trunk with the music goin (Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation)....this picture is the result of that. With just 2 of 4 4000's currently active @ 2 ohms ...

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 09-02-2005 at 08:42 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #36
dat_boi_tj 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,031 | Props total: 144 144
this is a cool a.ss project dylan...i wish i had the greenbacks to experiment like that...is this sponsored our outta pocket?...
this should be stuck
 11 years ago '04        #37
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
Yea this is definetly out of my pocket TJ.....I wish I had the clout to call up with a list and say "send this". Maybe in a couple years or so, by that time I will be ready to step out of street class and move up with the big boys who are playing with 70,000 watts and up, with walls in vans, etc.
 11 years ago '04        #38
dat_boi_tj 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,031 | Props total: 144 144
im sure that at least 1 of thoes brands will sponsor you if you were to win at least 1 comp
 11 years ago '04        #39
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 dat_boi_tj said:
im sure that at least 1 of thoes brands will sponsor you if you were to win at least 1 comp
Im sponsored now due to my history with competitions...but it just isnt a "free" ride. Still not full price, but far from free.
 11 years ago '05        #40
blakballa21 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 307 307
any new pics?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
105 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
38 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
38 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Japanese Men Trying to Pronounce "Massachusetts"
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
20 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
642 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside The Batman: Joe Manganiello Starts Research For Deathstroke Role In B..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy