:How To: Build Your Own SPL Vehicle

most viewed right now
 152
audio inside 50 Cent - Ooouuu (Remix) ft. Young M.A
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 99
Video inside Lil Bibby left the streets now enrolled in college for computer enginee..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
NFL Josh Gordon not returning; Enters rehab
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 88
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
114 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
7660 pageviews
58 comments


Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
:How To: Build Your Own SPL Vehicle
 

 
I will be updating this post from now til I finish my install on my Intrepid. This will basically be a "how to" post with pics showing from start to finish how to build an SPL vehicle. Remember this will be an SPL vehicle, so all the pretty lights, and carpet and other useless sh*t wont be seen here. Im worried about one thing, and thats the final number that pops on the screen while im doing my run.

Here are a few pics to get started....

Product: Amps

(4) Autotek MM4000.1 (4000 watts at 1 ohm)
(2) Autotek MM100.4 (100 X 4 at 4 ohm)


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




More pics as my sh*t arrives........Any questions feel free to ask

58 comments for ":How To: Build Your Own SPL Vehicle"

 11 years ago '04        #2
Falcon_no7 
space
avatar space
space
$691 | Props total: 0 0
how do u get sponsored and is it worth it?
 11 years ago '04        #3
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Falcon_no7 said:
how do u get sponsored and is it worth it?
Sponsoring comes from years of hard work basically...and its definetly worth it. Ive been in the car audio game just over 10 yrs and only my last 4 have been "sponsored". But sponsored doesnt by any means mean "free", you get a better price than even dealers themselves in some cases, but it still is not a free ride .....along with more hard work.
 11 years ago '04        #4
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$5,382 | Props total: 1458 1458
point of sponserships would beee?
 11 years ago '05        #5
HiRolliN 107 heat pts107
space
avatar space
space
$18,601 | Props total: 880 880
holly sh*t!

what type of car are you thinking of putting all that in and how many/what types of subs are you going to use?
 08-15-2005, 09:59 PM         #6
BAMA_SCREW_HEAD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^ ay man read instead of jus lookin at the pictures he said an intrepid..........
 11 years ago '05        #7
HiRolliN 107 heat pts107
space
avatar space
space
$18,601 | Props total: 880 880
 BAMA_SCREW_HEAD said:
^^^^^^ ay man read instead of jus lookin at the pictures he said an intrepid..........
id still like to know how many subs hes gonna use.
 08-15-2005, 10:39 PM         #8
theMIGHTYbg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo Drug Dylan u keepin it gangsta n*gga i c u w/ the ill system and a big a.ss bag of droski keep it safe G 100
 11 years ago '04        #9
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
point of sponserships would beee?
There are tons of "points" to being sponsored, one main one being support. If I were to be at a show and blow an amp, my "sponsors" are usually right there on site. So guess what, I blow some sh*t, they have spares that they can give me right on the spot. I can also get things to use for my car from the company even before they hit the streets, sometimes it would be 4 to 6 months before they even make a new product public, while us sponsored guys have already been using the equipment prior to that. The list can go on forever.

 HiRolliN said:
id still like to know how many subs hes gonna use.
Just 2 subs :wow: :wow:

You'll see what kind once they get here...should be about 2 weeks takes a week to build and a week to ship.

 theMIGHTYbg said:
yo Drug Dylan u keepin it gangsta n*gga i c u w/ the ill system and a big a.ss bag of droski keep it safe G 100
Good lookin pimpin....1


Last edited by Drug Dylan; 08-16-2005 at 05:56 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #10
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,076 | Props total: 16 16
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said:
point of sponserships would beee?
are you serious? I know this lil crew of guys who got all kinds of sponsorships...they've gotten two free cars (the BRAND new Lincoln Zephyr and a Mazda Speed 6) and they're working on their third. Sponsorships are how people make it big in the automotive business
 11 years ago '04        #11
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Woody said:
are you serious? I know this lil crew of guys who got all kinds of sponsorships...they've gotten two free cars (the BRAND new Lincoln Zephyr and a Mazda Speed 6) and they're working on their third. Sponsorships are how people make it big in the automotive business
Bingo
 08-16-2005, 01:37 PM         #12
DJLow2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You gonna try and make a SPL vehicle out of an Intrepid? [BigL]HAHA You'sa funny n1gga[/BigL] You think you'll be able to even break 160 in that whip? Or are you doing some major structural changes? My friend put 2 inch thick bullet proof glass on his van and all kinds of sh*t to the body.
 08-16-2005, 01:40 PM         #13
kriis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice system
 11 years ago '04        #14
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 DJLow2 said:
You gonna try and make a SPL vehicle out of an Intrepid? [BigL]HAHA You'sa funny n1gga[/BigL] You think you'll be able to even break 160 in that whip? Or are you doing some major structural changes? My friend put 2 inch thick bullet proof glass on his van and all kinds of sh*t to the body.

Ive been competing for over 10 yrs fam.....and you have not the slightest clue what your talking about, as far as competing is concerned. fu*kin' Powerwheels have been used as "SPL Vehicles"...it doesnt matter what kind of car you have, ive seen jeeps with canvas tops as "SPL Vehicles" ...Ford Festiva's as "SPL Vehicles". Breaking a 160 in a trunk car or "No Wall" vehicle (meaning system confined to your trunk and not behind the drivers/passenger seats) is highly unlikely for ANYONE, that doesnt mean my car is not an SPL Vehicle, just because I dont have 2 inch lexan or plexi for a windshield.

I have plenty of teammates that do have Walls, and are in the mid to high 60's range, we also have a guy in the low 70's...so what you saying?...Because I will be able to listen to my sh*t on the daily and play music and not just test tones, my "Intrepid" cant be considered an SPL vehicle?

To answer your question, if I was walling the Intrepid off, hell yea I'd be able to break 160, but since im not and the record for loudest out of the trunk sits at 154 and some change (On the new T-Labs, have to check with my guy since he holds it), thats what im going for.


Last edited by Drug Dylan; 08-16-2005 at 02:04 PM..
 08-16-2005, 05:34 PM         #15
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My questions.........

1)Whats the specs on the amps
2)specs on sub(size,amout,rms)
3)what class and santion will u be paricipating in(meca,usac,iasca,ect.)
4)What is ur goal in db's
5)Are u running alternators,battery banks ect.
 11 years ago '04        #16
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Fuzz420 said:
My questions.........

1)Whats the specs on the amps
2)specs on sub(size,amout,rms)
3)what class and santion will u be paricipating in(meca,usac,iasca,ect.)
4)What is ur goal in db's
5)Are u running alternators,battery banks ect.

1.) 900 x 2 @ 4-Ohms, 1400 x 2 @ 2-Ohms or 2000 x 2 @ 1-Ohm

2.) *sub will remain unnamed until received**surprise* (15, 2, as much as you can throw at it)

3. MECA (S5), SLAP (Stock 261-360)

4. 155+ *New Record* From the Trunk and a Daily Driver

5. Dual 220 amp alts, 5 Kinetik Monsters (2400's)
 08-17-2005, 06:08 PM         #17
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
1.) 900 x 2 @ 4-Ohms, 1400 x 2 @ 2-Ohms or 2000 x 2 @ 1-Ohm

2.) *sub will remain unnamed until received**surprise* (15, 2, as much as you can throw at it)

3. MECA (S5), SLAP (Stock 261-360)

4. 155+ *New Record* From the Trunk and a Daily Driver

5. Dual 220 amp alts, 5 Kinetik Monsters (2400's)

Hell yea glad to see ur running them kinetics, how do u like it.I got a 1400 under the hood of my day driver and i love it...........

Nice set up btw very serious...........

Oh yea are running modified kinetiks @ 18v or are u running regular voltage..........
 11 years ago '04        #18
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Fuzz420 said:
Hell yea glad to see ur running them kinetics, how do u like it.I got a 1400 under the hood of my day driver and i love it...........

Nice set up btw very serious...........

Oh yea are running modified kinetiks @ 18v or are u running regular voltage..........
Im running them at regular voltage in most tests right out the box they float at 13.3 - 13.6 with the car off....it will bump up a lil over 14 with the car on and who knows what after a full power burp, good thing my amps will still do their rated power down to 10 volts, but no increase with higher voltage.

Most of the guys on the team are running them, I havent got to play with them just yet but my teammates are doing big things with them. My batts should be here within a day or so...once they get here...more pics. Got a ton of wiring on the way to, that should be delivered by Friday.
 08-18-2005, 02:42 PM         #19
Fuzz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Dylan said:
Im running them at regular voltage in most tests right out the box they float at 13.3 - 13.6 with the car off....it will bump up a lil over 14 with the car on and who knows what after a full power burp, good thing my amps will still do their rated power down to 10 volts, but no increase with higher voltage.

Most of the guys on the team are running them, I havent got to play with them just yet but my teammates are doing big things with them. My batts should be here within a day or so...once they get here...more pics. Got a ton of wiring on the way to, that should be delivered by Friday.

You will love them batterys.....

A little secret from the factory........Get them bi*ches to 125 degrees before your run, and for 3-5 seconds u will get the full amperage in one burst.example hc 2400 will give u 2700 amps. I couldnt believe it when i heard it but it came from the man Rich from kinetik the guy who actually builds them................
 11 years ago '04        #20
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,504 | Props total: 0 0
 Fuzz420 said:
You will love them batterys.....

A little secret from the factory........Get them bi*ches to 125 degrees before your run, and for 3-5 seconds u will get the full amperage in one burst.example hc 2400 will give u 2700 amps. I couldnt believe it when i heard it but it came from the man Rich from kinetik the guy who actually builds them................
No doubt..

Me and Rich have been talking a good bit these past few weeks, im in the process of lining some business up for him as I type. Over my years in the field ive come across many car audio shops, theres no reason for them not to carry his product.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
83 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
68 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
120 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
120 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 23
Meek Mill - DC4 (Official Anticipation / Discussion)
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
29 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
142 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Music labels sue YouTube ripping site over piracy
81 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy