What is the Biggest Disgrace/s In Hip Hop?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside APN: Lub Me Long Time
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Info On Investing In 'Trees By Game'
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside (New) Dave East x Beanie Sigel - The Real Is Back
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
91 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2005, 02:00 PM         #81
Shakur195 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Southern Rap
 11 years ago '04        #82
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
I feel y'all to an extent on the issue of Southern rap...there are the cats down South who are absolute garbage and are making a buck off of it...there are still some holding it down though, so I wouldn't generalize the whole South as garbage...
 08-07-2005, 03:53 PM         #83
greasy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nelly
 11 years ago '05        #84
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
 siggiddy said:
excatly........along with......

Bow Wow, Chingy, Nelly, Alot of South Rappers like D4L, Da Franchise Boyz, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Ying Yang Twins, Lil Scrappy, people like that.
^^^^agree totally
 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM         #85
eNcrypTioN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gotsalldabi*che said:
yeah eminem is BY FAR the worst thing to happen to hip hop.
he brang about 5 million ignorant a.ss white kids into listening to hip hop
why the fu*k i wanna hear about you k!lling your mom and babys momma? that sh*t isnt contreversial, that sh*t is just wrong

everything that comes out of your mouth seems to be against white people... Did a white kid kick your a.ss or something and thats why you hate us so much... racist fu*k
 11 years ago '04        #86
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,898 | Props total: 102 102
The way hiphop turned into a big fad/kraze. I didn't think it would ever happen in the mid 90's.......... blame eminem :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '05        #87
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 3 3
 Nocturnal-One said:

[pic - click to view]

fu*k that sh*t, akon is the man. he never says he raps though, he is R&B
 11 years ago '04        #88
dj X 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,577 | Props total: 2396 2396
i dont understand why so many people hate on Nelly, Country Grammar was hot sh*t, Nellyville was average, Sweat/Suit was pretty good, fu*k it, im a nelly fan and Loyal to the Game was a hot album, dont see why eminem gets hate for producing it, track with elton was fu*king bangin'....
 11 years ago '05        #89
SMG 
space
space
$2,853 | Props total: 0 0
 legacy313 said:
The Shiny Suit/Bling Era. This to me is what ruined hip hop. I have to put most of the blame on P.Diddy.
Really?...Personally, I don't think hip-hop is ruined at all...I think it's gotten better, despite all the jewelry flashin' and sh*t...and I'mma hafta disagree with you on the P Diddy thing; shiny suits were only popular to him and bling didn't really explode until BG made a song about it...

legacy313 said:
They will play Snoops videos with Pharell and Justin Timberlake, but wont show Ups and Downs with just him in it, keepin it gangsta. mtv would not give a fu*k about 50 Cent if he wasent with em and dre,
Funny, cuz I saw Ciara's video on there the other day...and Missy Elliot's...MTV isn't just for white people or "white music", they just have certain standards to uphold...Yeah, they'll play a Gwen Stefani video before some G Unit sh*t....but that ain't cuz of race or genre, fam, it's all about subject matter and the variety of viewers who tune in to thier station...

legacy313 said:
They dont give a fu*k how hot u are, u have to do it their way, or u will either get shelved or wont get any push. Look at Cormega. We have to make music for what we as individuals feel is the right direction, not to get airplay, cause if everybody did this, mtv would be forced to play it as in the early 90's when gangsta rap got popular. They wasent playin no fu*kin NWA, CMW, and Kool G. Rap, they waited until the sh*t got popular,
You don't understand, airplay is popularity; the more popular you are, the more stacks you get...what, do you think rappers just entertain for fun? You do that at home, this is business we talkin' bout here...rappers need cash, just like you and me need cash, they got fam to feed like us, and they do that with thier careers...as for MTV not playin' NWA, well that's because rap music wasn't as hot as it is now...besides, Run DMC got some playtime...

legacy313 said:
So my thought is to say fu*k the corporate people that want u to change the way u make music.
Your opinion...but to go as far as to say they want us to change the way you make music?...nah, it's more like "Change it if you want our support...
 11 years ago '05        #90
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,441 | Props total: 293 293
get off these n*ggas d!ck and stop hatin cause they makin mad cake talkin about what ever the fu*k they wanna talk about and yall n*ggas workin at mc donalds kickin it in ya grandmas basement. let people talk and listen to what ever the fu*k they want and dont get mad cause a certain person at they style. you think these n*ggas give a fu*k about being real THEY MAKIN MONEY point blank thats what music is all about MONEY
 11 years ago '05        #91
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 122 122
I cant put my finger one single thing, but one IMO should be the fact that Clive Campbell works for Fed-Ex while artists put out videos swiping a credit card between a girls buttocks.

Last edited by Da Gooneyz; 08-07-2005 at 06:54 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #92
Datruth345 
space
space
$1,275 | Props total: 0 0
ya eminem really because if u think of it what has he contributed besides like the dude in the beggining said bringing 5 million ignorant white kids into the rap scene

Last edited by Datruth345; 08-07-2005 at 07:35 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #93
habib 
space
space
space
$720 | Props total: 0 0
the biggest disgrace is the fact that we have lost so many rappers to senseless violence, yet hardly any of the murders have been solved....
 11 years ago '05        #94
legacy313 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,797 | Props total: 155 155
 SMG said:
Really?...Personally, I don't think hip-hop is ruined at all...I think it's gotten better, despite all the jewelry flashin' and sh*t...and I'mma hafta disagree with you on the P Diddy thing; shiny suits were only popular to him and bling didn't really explode until BG made a song about it...

Funny, cuz I saw Ciara's video on there the other day...and Missy Elliot's...MTV isn't just for white people or "white music", they just have certain standards to uphold...Yeah, they'll play a Gwen Stefani video before some G Unit sh*t....but that ain't cuz of race or genre, fam, it's all about subject matter and the variety of viewers who tune in to thier station...

You don't understand, airplay is popularity; the more popular you are, the more stacks you get...what, do you think rappers just entertain for fun? You do that at home, this is business we talkin' bout here...rappers need cash, just like you and me need cash, they got fam to feed like us, and they do that with thier careers...as for MTV not playin' NWA, well that's because rap music wasn't as hot as it is now...besides, Run DMC got some playtime...

Your opinion...but to go as far as to say they want us to change the way you make music?...nah, it's more like "Change it if you want our support...

How the fu*k can u say hip hop is better, u gotta be outta your mind, that sh*t aint nowhere near the 80's or 90's. And I said shiny suit era, I didint say he had everybody wearing shiny suits, but if u look back, u will see n*ggas like Jay and Nas redoing 80's pop records to make sh*t for the radio because thats all u were hearing from 97-98. And yeah I dont care what u rap about as long as u make good music, but if all u talk about is how much money and cars u have, u have very limited subject matter, and I will get tired of listening to it as I do a lot of rappers.

Yeah, Ciara and Missy make hit records, thats my point, if u not makin hits, they wont play it on regular mtv. Thats bs Talib Kweli need to be heard just like Gwen Stefani, so they shouldent be so limited as to what they play.

Yeah Run-DMC got played on mtv when they did a song with aerosmith. They had to cross over to get accepted by them. If they would have kept makin sh*t like My Adidas and Peter Piper, they would have never got played until yo mtv raps. And its obvious the rappers with real money get it from other things besides rap. Ask Jay-Z what he gets the least money from, and he will tell u its rap. If u make hip hip the way u want to, a lot of rappers would sell more because they would make better music.

Right, fu*k them, I wouldent change sh*t for them, this is my life, and I have to make a club song or about a female for them to push my album, that dosent make sense, if u run a label, u should get behind a Papoose just like u would get behind a Cassidy.

Last edited by legacy313; 08-07-2005 at 08:30 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #95
little4209 
space
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 0 0
 logicalkid said:
RIP 2Pac, after his passing featuring Elton John on one of his albums, much worse a single.

Eminems racist tapes, never really felt him but this really disappointed me to think this is his attitude and he caking it up because of Dre
Out of all these yrs of disgraces in hip hop..i wouldnt list these as "major" disgraces..yea that Em sh*t was racist but he was a kid and yea that Pac joint didnt get much airplay but the song wasn't horrible..al least to me it wasn't...but that shiny suit/bling era has helped to slowly ruin hiphop..
 11 years ago '05        #96
BigL4Life 
space
space
man i dont wanna be gettin hate or sh*t, but I ACTUALLY thought Ghetto Gospel was an amazing song. IDK if its cause im not afraid to admit it or not, but b/c it dont got jeezy or gunit, i like it. That song had a meanin to it, its touching and sh*t. I liked it as much as i liked Changes or Dear Mama.
 11 years ago '04        #97
The Majestic 
space
space
$3,849 | Props total: 11 11
TRL..........and the young fools that think hip pop is hip hop
 08-08-2005, 12:19 AM         #98
gotsalldabitche 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
okay, fu*k EMINEM. fu*k HIS WHITE a.ss. If white kids wanna call that racist than they can, because I AM RACIST. Hes the person that got 10 million white kids listening to rap music which therefore has white kids deciding on whats hot or not. the gangsta-rap genre doesnt really exist anymore, and the concious rap doesnt really exist anymore, cause common and talib kweli arent concious for sh*t if you compare them to Public Enemy. White kids decide whether an album is hot or not and most white kids agree that THE GAME is wack cause he shouts out legends when THE GAME is the hottest rapper to come out in the last 2 years. white people( YES I AM A RACIST) dont like nelly cause he makes happy music. if your living in the hood around a whole bunch of negative sh*t, i would wanna hear happy music too, not some more negative sh*t
 08-08-2005, 02:06 AM         #99
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not really feeling the whole eminem cult(fans), a bunch of middle class white kids that take ridalin and prozac, whose parents split up and feel so hard that they can relate that they worship Eminem. On the other hand there's no denying he's got some serious skills, and the reason I will never listen to Nelly is that stupid fu*kin bandaid that he rocked for so long because he thought it was cool or he was gonna start some kind of trend. That's some whack ignorant sh*t.
 11 years ago '05        #100
BigL4Life 
space
space
you cant say that white people are the dismantle of rap. Im not a bit racist, but you cant forget that the modern day fathers of rap are Run DMC and the Beastie Boys. Alot of brothas "forget" or don't give credit to the Beasties cause they white, but they had just as much in makin hip hop what it is, as did Run DMC.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
34 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
133 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
143 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
123 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
37 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy