Az - A.w.o.l. (2005)

most viewed right now
 Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
14 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 MLB Reports Jose Fernandez has been killed in a boating accident.
279 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think?
5 49 48.04%
4 35 34.31%
3 8 7.84%
2 1 0.98%
1 9 8.82%
Voters: 102. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-04-2005, 07:16 PM         #41
Ace 1-2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the_hype05 said:
whats AWOL stand for?
Absent Without Leave.
 08-04-2005, 07:38 PM         #42
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't heard the album yet, but AZ is so dope. Almost all of his sh*t is bangin'. So many people sleep on him. I can't understand that sh*t.
 11 years ago '05        #43
watthafuc 
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 0 0
 Kaotic said:
this is how reviews shud be done
thanks!
 11 years ago '04        #44
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,087 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
I don't know how so many cats hold AZ in such a high regard...he's nice and all that, but people hold him in a regard as if he's one of the best rappers today...

Maybe it's just me, but AZ doesn't really captivate like that...he actually speaks some real sh*t, but he compromises his message by having to rhyme so many damn syllables per bar...

Instead of writing out a message and getting your point across you instead have to cut out and paste words to make them fit the rhyme scheme and rhyme every single syllable...I've never been a huge fan of rappers like that, because they really aren't formulating clear raps...

I think that the reason that cats are feeling this so much is the simple fact that hip-hop is in such a poor state...if he dropped this in a time where other rappers were on their game dropping excellent joints then this would be seen as average at best...

To sum it all up, AZs raps are just all over the place with his rhyme scheme...sometimes he comes off right, but for the most part he's compromising to rhyme all those syllables...1.
Az's flow is what clearly seperates him from his peers simple as that.

If AZ did not rhyme the way he has been rhyming and come off the way you would like him to, you would clearly have an emcee who just doesnt flow well at all. I truly think that there is just some of us who are capable of deciphering his messages more clearly than others and in this case it seems as if you are not clearly comfortable with doing so. If you look at AZ in such a way, I wonder how you look at other emcees such as Ghostface who some say does not make any sense at all. But then just like Raekwon has said before, good listeners can make out the message that Ghostface delivers to his listeners while some other are not capable of doing so. Sometimes originality is overlooked when it should be accepted also.

Last edited by QBKinG; 08-04-2005 at 09:53 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #45
djdeuce2001 
space
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
im glad he reworked the album but i feel like sum of the beats hes still blatantly trying to blow with and just dont work. sick album tho
 11 years ago '04        #46
West 
space
space
$1,212 | Props total: 0 0
half the album like 1 year old, i was really hoping for some new sh*t, kinda dissapointed, but my fualt that i listened to final call over and over again, o well, too bad though.
 11 years ago '04        #47
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 QBKinG said:
Az's flow is what clearly seperates him from his peers simple as that.

If AZ did not rhyme the way he has been rhyming and come off the way you would like him to, you would clearly have an emcee who just doesnt flow well at all. I truly think that there is just some of us who are capable of deciphering his messages more clearly than others and in this case it seems as if you are not clearly comfortable with doing so. If you look at AZ in such a way, I wonder how you look at other emcees such as Ghostface who some say does not make any sense at all. But then just like Raekwon has said before, good listeners can make out the message that Ghostface delivers to his listeners while some other are not capable of doing so. Sometimes originality is overlooked when it should be accepted also.
^^^It's not that I cannot decipher AZ's rhymes...it's really not hard at all...

What is so good about his rhyme scheme? I mean, the flow is tight, don't get me wrong...but with that rhyme scheme he really isn't putting together the best of rhymes...he's got some tight bars, but overall he's compromising with all those syllables to make them fit...just like any other rapper where all they do is rhyme syllables...

Or in the words of Jay-Z they "put words together, just to match"...

For you guys who are feeling AZ, I just wanna know what makes him so special...it's definitely not an issue with me not being able to understand his rhymes...I have no problem in doing so...

I just personally don't feel that his rhymes are as tight as so many others make them out to be...1.

Edit: I forgot to speak on the Ghostface issue...Ghostface is simply unique with his raps...he's not compromising anything, because the way he raps is how he raps...he says some off the wall stuff that not everybody understands, but for the most part his rhymes have a meaning and that's the way he wants them to come off...

Here's the difference between them to me:

When Ghostface writes a rhyme, it just comes off naturally, and it just all flows...he speaks what he wants to speak...

When AZ writes a rhyme he thinks, does this word rhyme with this...it doesn't all flow so naturally...he thinks of what he wants to say, then has to think of what rhymes with this...damn, nothing rhymes, start over...

With AZ it's more of just matching words together...I'm not saying that he isn't nice in the least...I just don't feel that he's as good as cats make him to be...1.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 08-05-2005 at 10:21 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #48
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,087 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
^^^It's not that I cannot decipher AZ's rhymes...it's really not hard at all...

What is so good about his rhyme scheme? I mean, the flow is tight, don't get me wrong...but with that rhyme scheme he really isn't putting together the best of rhymes...he's got some tight bars, but overall he's compromising with all those syllables to make them fit...just like any other rapper where all they do is rhyme syllables...

Or in the words of Jay-Z they "put words together, just to match"...

For you guys who are feeling AZ, I just wanna know what makes him so special...it's definitely not an issue with me not being able to understand his rhymes...I have no problem in doing so...

I just personally don't feel that his rhymes are as tight as so many others make them out to be...1.

Edit: I forgot to speak on the Ghostface issue...Ghostface is simply unique with his raps...he's not compromising anything, because the way he raps is how he raps...he says some off the wall stuff that not everybody understands, but for the most part his rhymes have a meaning and that's the way he wants them to come off...

Here's the difference between them to me:

When Ghostface writes a rhyme, it just comes off naturally, and it just all flows...he speaks what he wants to speak...

When AZ writes a rhyme he thinks, does this word rhyme with this...it doesn't all flow so naturally...he thinks of what he wants to say, then has to think of what rhymes with this...damn, nothing rhymes, start over...

With AZ it's more of just matching words together...I'm not saying that he isn't nice in the least...I just don't feel that he's as good as cats make him to be...1.
i am still not entirely sure on what youre trying to say here...maybe its just me. If you can, please provide us with a bar or two as an example and briefly break it down. That would help alot...1

Last edited by QBKinG; 08-05-2005 at 08:38 PM..
 08-06-2005, 05:57 AM         #49
SilentKiller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm waiting this album from long time..

the come up is my 2005-summer song :D
 08-06-2005, 11:46 AM         #50
Propjoe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ IS BACK!
damn, it's a tigh a.ss album...

Peace!
 08-06-2005, 05:28 PM         #51
Mirage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another Banger From Az!!!!

8.5/10
 08-06-2005, 08:22 PM         #52
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mega_soulstar said:
Az = G.o.a.t.
you get the d!ckryder of the day award....... aren't you happy...
 08-08-2005, 06:24 PM         #53
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ never put a bad album out
 11 years ago '05        #54
watthafuc 
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 0 0
 jerzj75 said:
AZ never put a bad album out
cosign
 08-10-2005, 10:05 AM         #55
smacked 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
retail needs to leak NOW
 08-11-2005, 01:41 PM         #56
Syrus da Virus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 homey
 11 years ago '04        #57
g.u.n.d.a.m 
space
space
space
$290 | Props total: 0 0
cant wait for the retail.. 4 out 5
 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM         #58
Fresh Ta Def 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 mics
 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM         #59
SieveItUp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gotta give it a 4, never change and the come up are two of my favorite songs lately
 08-14-2005, 03:59 PM         #60
Lesha3721 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
propz
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
148 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
30 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
58 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
161 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
376 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL RGIII - Y'all better leave me and my Becky be
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
244 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy