squad up!

Az - A.w.o.l. (2005)

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think?
5 49 48.04%
4 35 34.31%
3 8 7.84%
2 1 0.98%
1 9 8.82%
Voters: 102. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-04-2005, 02:08 AM         #26
weak1000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good album, but the advance still has the little promo thing so can't completely judge it yet.

08-04-2005, 02:27 AM         #27
shockgeez04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shockgeez04 said
retails got 3 more tracks

AZ - A.W.O.L.
Tracklist
1. Intro (Produced by Heatmakerz)
2. Omega (Produced by Tone Mason)
3. The Come Up (Produced by DJ Premier)
4. Magic Hour (w/ CL Smooth) (Produced by Tone Mason)
5. No Strings (Produced by Baby Paul/BpZy)
6. Never Change (Produced by Heatmakerz)
7. A.W.O.L. (Produced by Vinny Idol)
8. AZ's Chillin (Produced by Fizzy Womack)
9. Envious (w/ Bounty k!ller) (Produced by MoSS)
10. Can't Stop Won't Stop (Produced by Frado)
11. Live Wire (Produced by Buckwild)
12. New York (w/ Ghostface) (Produced by Emile)
13. The Truth (Produced by DJ Absolut & Young Calvin)
14. Bedtime Story (w/ Slick Rick) (Produced by Jimmy Kendrixx & Baby Paul/BpZy)
15. So Sincere (Produced by Heatmakerz)
16. City Of Gods (Produced by Disco D)

how u gonna rate a advance when u cant even hear half the lyrics to each song, sounds like one the better albums from anyone this year, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has followed AZ's career
no the intro on the advance is track 15

08-04-2005, 04:31 AM         #28
Killa #4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 silentmurder2 said
sh*t is ill... definitley wish it still had Serious w/ Nas n that track Let Me Know wit the Aaliyah sample but it doesnt matter the album sounds nice

that was off of final call
the album he said he pretty much gave the fans

08-04-2005, 05:17 AM         #29
LBurna8484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ seems like he is doing big things in '05 but from acouple tracks I heard from the album it's hot, I don't wanna listen to it tho, I'm going to support AZ and buy that sh*t when it comes out.

13 years ago '04        #30
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
 Killa #4 said
that was off of final call
the album he said he pretty much gave the fans
i know but so was "Omega" , "No Strings", "Magic Hour", "The Truth", n "Live Wire"

he never should have put No Strings on AWOL

13 years ago '04        #31
Kaotic 
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 0 0
this is how reviews shud be done

13 years ago '04        #32
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,386 | Props total: 361 361
a bunch of old songs on here.. this isnt even going to be close to the retail..

13 years ago '04        #33
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
I don't know how so many cats hold AZ in such a high regard...he's nice and all that, but people hold him in a regard as if he's one of the best rappers today...

Maybe it's just me, but AZ doesn't really captivate like that...he actually speaks some real sh*t, but he compromises his message by having to rhyme so many damn syllables per bar...

Instead of writing out a message and getting your point across you instead have to cut out and paste words to make them fit the rhyme scheme and rhyme every single syllable...I've never been a huge fan of rappers like that, because they really aren't formulating clear raps...

I think that the reason that cats are feeling this so much is the simple fact that hip-hop is in such a poor state...if he dropped this in a time where other rappers were on their game dropping excellent joints then this would be seen as average at best...

To sum it all up, AZs raps are just all over the place with his rhyme scheme...sometimes he comes off right, but for the most part he's compromising to rhyme all those syllables...1.

13 years ago '05        #34
thecondogg 
space
space
$819 | Props total: 8 8
^^nice post agreed for the most part....u gotta respect AZ's flow, but his lyrics take a bit of a hit because of it....

...but 2005 has been sooooo bad so far for the most part that people are just lookin to get hyped up about anything.... i never really buy too many albums but im looking for something new to buy just so that i feel like im still a hip hop fan.... so maybe its overrated cause of when its dropping, but i don't care atleast its good and its new, and u can't say that about many albums these days...

edit: can't stop won't stop :wow:

Last edited by thecondogg; 08-06-2005 at 09:12 PM..

13 years ago '05        #35
watthafuc  OP
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 1 1
 Jamaro85 said
I don't know how so many cats hold AZ in such a high regard...he's nice and all that, but people hold him in a regard as if he's one of the best rappers today...

Maybe it's just me, but AZ doesn't really captivate like that...he actually speaks some real sh*t, but he compromises his message by having to rhyme so many damn syllables per bar...

Instead of writing out a message and getting your point across you instead have to cut out and paste words to make them fit the rhyme scheme and rhyme every single syllable...I've never been a huge fan of rappers like that, because they really aren't formulating clear raps...

I think that the reason that cats are feeling this so much is the simple fact that hip-hop is in such a poor state...if he dropped this in a time where other rappers were on their game dropping excellent joints then this would be seen as average at best...

To sum it all up, AZs raps are just all over the place with his rhyme scheme...sometimes he comes off right, but for the most part he's compromising to rhyme all those syllables...1.
good insight.. however i disagree with that comment about the timing of this release..

hip hop is at a low true, but there are true gems out there.. you just gotta look

hell '05 has already gave me 2 personal classics in Be and this.. and the Ye OR Little Brother hasnt even dropped!

13 years ago '04        #36
DBlockinemOut 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,343 | Props total: 178 178
this is a classic period

08-04-2005, 03:12 PM         #37
3rdFire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i disagree with your analysis of AZ. But hope this is a dope album.

08-04-2005, 04:23 PM         #38
BrownDro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cosign
 3rdFire said
i disagree with your analysis of AZ.

08-04-2005, 04:26 PM         #39
BrownDro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some n*ggas are sleeping on AZ.. doesn't get the credit he deserve

13 years ago '04        #40
the_hype05 
space
space
space
$1,742 | Props total: 0 0
whats AWOL stand for?

08-04-2005, 07:16 PM         #41
Ace 1-2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the_hype05 said
whats AWOL stand for?
Absent Without Leave.

08-04-2005, 07:38 PM         #42
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't heard the album yet, but AZ is so dope. Almost all of his sh*t is bangin'. So many people sleep on him. I can't understand that sh*t.

13 years ago '05        #43
watthafuc  OP
space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 1 1
 Kaotic said
this is how reviews shud be done
thanks!

13 years ago '04        #44
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 15 15
 Jamaro85 said

Az's flow is what clearly seperates him from his peers simple as that.

If AZ did not rhyme the way he has been rhyming and come off the way you would like him to, you would clearly have an emcee who just doesnt flow well at all. I truly think that there is just some of us who are capable of deciphering his messages more clearly than others and in this case it seems as if you are not clearly comfortable with doing so. If you look at AZ in such a way, I wonder how you look at other emcees such as Ghostface who some say does not make any sense at all. But then just like Raekwon has said before, good listeners can make out the message that Ghostface delivers to his listeners while some other are not capable of doing so. Sometimes originality is overlooked when it should be accepted also.

Last edited by QBKinG; 08-04-2005 at 09:53 PM..

08-04-2005, 10:39 PM         #45
djdeuce2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad he reworked the album but i feel like sum of the beats hes still blatantly trying to blow with and just dont work. sick album tho

13 years ago '04        #46
West 
space
space
$1,212 | Props total: 1 1
half the album like 1 year old, i was really hoping for some new sh*t, kinda dissapointed, but my fualt that i listened to final call over and over again, o well, too bad though.

13 years ago '04        #47
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 4 4
 QBKinG said
Az's flow is what clearly seperates him from his peers simple as that.

If AZ did not rhyme the way he has been rhyming and come off the way you would like him to, you would clearly have an emcee who just doesnt flow well at all. I truly think that there is just some of us who are capable of deciphering his messages more clearly than others and in this case it seems as if you are not clearly comfortable with doing so. If you look at AZ in such a way, I wonder how you look at other emcees such as Ghostface who some say does not make any sense at all. But then just like Raekwon has said before, good listeners can make out the message that Ghostface delivers to his listeners while some other are not capable of doing so. Sometimes originality is overlooked when it should be accepted also.
^^^It's not that I cannot decipher AZ's rhymes...it's really not hard at all...

What is so good about his rhyme scheme? I mean, the flow is tight, don't get me wrong...but with that rhyme scheme he really isn't putting together the best of rhymes...he's got some tight bars, but overall he's compromising with all those syllables to make them fit...just like any other rapper where all they do is rhyme syllables...

Or in the words of Jay-Z they "put words together, just to match"...

For you guys who are feeling AZ, I just wanna know what makes him so special...it's definitely not an issue with me not being able to understand his rhymes...I have no problem in doing so...

I just personally don't feel that his rhymes are as tight as so many others make them out to be...1.

Edit: I forgot to speak on the Ghostface issue...Ghostface is simply unique with his raps...he's not compromising anything, because the way he raps is how he raps...he says some off the wall stuff that not everybody understands, but for the most part his rhymes have a meaning and that's the way he wants them to come off...

Here's the difference between them to me:

When Ghostface writes a rhyme, it just comes off naturally, and it just all flows...he speaks what he wants to speak...

When AZ writes a rhyme he thinks, does this word rhyme with this...it doesn't all flow so naturally...he thinks of what he wants to say, then has to think of what rhymes with this...damn, nothing rhymes, start over...

With AZ it's more of just matching words together...I'm not saying that he isn't nice in the least...I just don't feel that he's as good as cats make him to be...1.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 08-05-2005 at 10:21 AM..

13 years ago '04        #48
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 15 15
 Jamaro85 said
^^^It's not that I cannot decipher AZ's rhymes...it's really not hard at all...

What is so good about his rhyme scheme? I mean, the flow is tight, don't get me wrong...but with that rhyme scheme he really isn't putting together the best of rhymes...he's got some tight bars, but overall he's compromising with all those syllables to make them fit...just like any other rapper where all they do is rhyme syllables...

Or in the words of Jay-Z they "put words together, just to match"...

For you guys who are feeling AZ, I just wanna know what makes him so special...it's definitely not an issue with me not being able to understand his rhymes...I have no problem in doing so...

I just personally don't feel that his rhymes are as tight as so many others make them out to be...1.

Edit: I forgot to speak on the Ghostface issue...Ghostface is simply unique with his raps...he's not compromising anything, because the way he raps is how he raps...he says some off the wall stuff that not everybody understands, but for the most part his rhymes have a meaning and that's the way he wants them to come off...

Here's the difference between them to me:

When Ghostface writes a rhyme, it just comes off naturally, and it just all flows...he speaks what he wants to speak...

When AZ writes a rhyme he thinks, does this word rhyme with this...it doesn't all flow so naturally...he thinks of what he wants to say, then has to think of what rhymes with this...damn, nothing rhymes, start over...

With AZ it's more of just matching words together...I'm not saying that he isn't nice in the least...I just don't feel that he's as good as cats make him to be...1.
i am still not entirely sure on what youre trying to say here...maybe its just me. If you can, please provide us with a bar or two as an example and briefly break it down. That would help alot...1

Last edited by QBKinG; 08-05-2005 at 08:38 PM..

08-06-2005, 05:57 AM         #49
SilentKiller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm waiting this album from long time..

the come up is my 2005-summer song :D

08-06-2005, 11:46 AM         #50
Propjoe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ IS BACK!
damn, it's a tigh a.ss album...

Peace!

Home      

most viewed right now
 XXXTentacion Confessed to Domestic Abuse and Other Violent Crimes in Newly Obt..
28 comments
34 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Canadian Rapper Dies In Music Video Plane Stunt Gone Wrong
57 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME OVER: Samsung has developed a battery that fully charges in 12 mi..
101 comments
5 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 23 - Man arrested for plotting on dark web to kill, eat underage g..
17 comments
1 hour ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baby Backs Rondo: "I Played With Both of Them, Chris Paul is a Very Ba..
55 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA BOB COUSY OFFERS AMMENDS to BILL RUSELL for being RACIST during CAREER on ..
97 comments
4 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CubanDoll hospitalized after slicing open Rocky Badd
54 comments
5 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
audio inside One Of The Best Impeccable Back and Forth
21 comments
9 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Dwayne Wade: 'Players Around The League Want To Play For Knicks' Fizdale'
7 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Bardi B ethers the barbz
15 comments
34 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Brandon ingram stripper gf
1 comments
26 minutes ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Im Turning That A*s Into Pie
12 comments
3 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Rondo on Paul hes a horrible teammate
99 comments
5 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside How Will Smith Pulled Jada Pinkett
48 comments
8 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Yo my fu-king family made The Shade Room 😂
54 comments
4 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get Fuked Up On This Escalator
31 comments
5 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Shorty is damn near 50 but living like a young IG thot
79 comments
9 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA BLAKE GRIFFIN is ABOUT TO DROP 50 on the SIXERS 28 at the HALF and DUNKS O..
15 comments
32 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jada Finally Penetrates Will.
29 comments
9 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Oct 23 - Breaking: Body parts of journalist Jamal Khashoggi have been found
29 comments
9 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Pill Cosby 313
SubConscious
suavehooper
WhoNextWithPlex
messy marv stan
BallDontLie
one il matt 56
Good Guy Ry
chrismb
Supreme God
Top 10 most slapped recently
Rule 336
suavehooper
Dun Language
WhyEsElvrSurfer
Adwerdz
Monkey Nuts
black cobra
drFlex
Nahbruh

most viewed right now
online now  47
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
203 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  37
FBG Wooski shot in head at friends funeral
247 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  36
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  33
Image(s) inside Ayisha Diaz now has onlyfans page
58 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - NYPD sergeant being investigated for shoving underwear down c..
150 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside First Red Dead gameplay leak
67 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
136 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  16
Article inside Sarah Silverman Says Louis C.K. M**turbated in Front of Her: F yeah..
146 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy