Az - A.w.o.l. (2005)

most viewed right now
 46
NBA Another angle of the Zaza Incident ☠️☠️☠&#..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 40
Video inside Mo'Nique Disses Charlamagne After Breakfast Club Interview
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Women of Wakanda
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Feb 24 - JUST IN: Trump loses temper in phone call with Pres of Mexico over bo..
43 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

What You Think?
5 49 48.04%
4 35 34.31%
3 8 7.84%
2 1 0.98%
1 9 8.82%
Voters: 102. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 13 years ago '05        #21
watthafuc  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 0 0
 shockgeez04 said:
retails got 3 more tracks

AZ - A.W.O.L.
Tracklist
1. Intro (Produced by Heatmakerz)
2. Omega (Produced by Tone Mason)
3. The Come Up (Produced by DJ Premier)
4. Magic Hour (w/ CL Smooth) (Produced by Tone Mason)
5. No Strings (Produced by Baby Paul/BpZy)
6. Never Change (Produced by Heatmakerz)
7. A.W.O.L. (Produced by Vinny Idol)
8. AZ's Chillin (Produced by Fizzy Womack)
9. Envious (w/ Bounty k!ller) (Produced by MoSS)
10. Can't Stop Won't Stop (Produced by Frado)
11. Live Wire (Produced by Buckwild)
12. New York (w/ Ghostface) (Produced by Emile)
13. The Truth (Produced by DJ Absolut & Young Calvin)
14. Bedtime Story (w/ Slick Rick) (Produced by Jimmy Kendrixx & Baby Paul/BpZy)
15. So Sincere (Produced by Heatmakerz)
16. City Of Gods (Produced by Disco D)

how u gonna rate a advance when u cant even hear half the lyrics to each song, sounds like one the better albums from anyone this year, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has followed AZ's career
those 2 tracks wont make the album.. the intro prodced by the Heatmakers is on the advance promo...


Last edited by watthafuc; 08-03-2005 at 10:12 AM..
 13 years ago '04        #22
DBlockinemOut 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,298 | Props total: 105 105
whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooa??

slick rick???? slick fu*king rick????

album of the year if true
 13 years ago '05        #23
Pretty Tony 
space
avatar space
space
$1,863 | Props total: 0 0
Slick Rick is on it. WTF are n*gga thinking rating a advance. You feelin real hiphop that badly? I seriously don't blame y'all. Hiphop is BULLsh*t now.
 13 years ago '04        #24
DBlockinemOut 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,298 | Props total: 105 105
AZ advance > 2005
 13 years ago '04        #25
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
sh*t is ill... definitley wish it still had Serious w/ Nas n that track Let Me Know wit the Aaliyah sample but it doesnt matter the album sounds nice
 08-04-2005, 03:08 AM         #26
weak1000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good album, but the advance still has the little promo thing so can't completely judge it yet.
 08-04-2005, 03:27 AM         #27
shockgeez04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shockgeez04 said:
retails got 3 more tracks

AZ - A.W.O.L.
Tracklist
1. Intro (Produced by Heatmakerz)
2. Omega (Produced by Tone Mason)
3. The Come Up (Produced by DJ Premier)
4. Magic Hour (w/ CL Smooth) (Produced by Tone Mason)
5. No Strings (Produced by Baby Paul/BpZy)
6. Never Change (Produced by Heatmakerz)
7. A.W.O.L. (Produced by Vinny Idol)
8. AZ's Chillin (Produced by Fizzy Womack)
9. Envious (w/ Bounty k!ller) (Produced by MoSS)
10. Can't Stop Won't Stop (Produced by Frado)
11. Live Wire (Produced by Buckwild)
12. New York (w/ Ghostface) (Produced by Emile)
13. The Truth (Produced by DJ Absolut & Young Calvin)
14. Bedtime Story (w/ Slick Rick) (Produced by Jimmy Kendrixx & Baby Paul/BpZy)
15. So Sincere (Produced by Heatmakerz)
16. City Of Gods (Produced by Disco D)

how u gonna rate a advance when u cant even hear half the lyrics to each song, sounds like one the better albums from anyone this year, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has followed AZ's career
no the intro on the advance is track 15
 08-04-2005, 05:31 AM         #28
Killa #4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 silentmurder2 said:
sh*t is ill... definitley wish it still had Serious w/ Nas n that track Let Me Know wit the Aaliyah sample but it doesnt matter the album sounds nice

that was off of final call
the album he said he pretty much gave the fans
 08-04-2005, 06:17 AM         #29
LBurna8484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AZ seems like he is doing big things in '05 but from acouple tracks I heard from the album it's hot, I don't wanna listen to it tho, I'm going to support AZ and buy that sh*t when it comes out.
 13 years ago '04        #30
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
 Killa #4 said:
that was off of final call
the album he said he pretty much gave the fans
i know but so was "Omega" , "No Strings", "Magic Hour", "The Truth", n "Live Wire"

he never should have put No Strings on AWOL
 13 years ago '04        #31
Kaotic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 0 0
this is how reviews shud be done
 13 years ago '04        #32
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,287 | Props total: 247 247
a bunch of old songs on here.. this isnt even going to be close to the retail..
 13 years ago '04        #33
Jamaro85 
space
avatar space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
I don't know how so many cats hold AZ in such a high regard...he's nice and all that, but people hold him in a regard as if he's one of the best rappers today...

Maybe it's just me, but AZ doesn't really captivate like that...he actually speaks some real sh*t, but he compromises his message by having to rhyme so many damn syllables per bar...

Instead of writing out a message and getting your point across you instead have to cut out and paste words to make them fit the rhyme scheme and rhyme every single syllable...I've never been a huge fan of rappers like that, because they really aren't formulating clear raps...

I think that the reason that cats are feeling this so much is the simple fact that hip-hop is in such a poor state...if he dropped this in a time where other rappers were on their game dropping excellent joints then this would be seen as average at best...

To sum it all up, AZs raps are just all over the place with his rhyme scheme...sometimes he comes off right, but for the most part he's compromising to rhyme all those syllables...1.
 13 years ago '05        #34
thecondogg 
space
avatar space
space
$818 | Props total: 6 6
^^nice post agreed for the most part....u gotta respect AZ's flow, but his lyrics take a bit of a hit because of it....

...but 2005 has been sooooo bad so far for the most part that people are just lookin to get hyped up about anything.... i never really buy too many albums but im looking for something new to buy just so that i feel like im still a hip hop fan.... so maybe its overrated cause of when its dropping, but i don't care atleast its good and its new, and u can't say that about many albums these days...




edit: can't stop won't stop :wow:


Last edited by thecondogg; 08-06-2005 at 10:12 PM..
 13 years ago '05        #35
watthafuc  OP
space
avatar space
space
$1,872 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
I don't know how so many cats hold AZ in such a high regard...he's nice and all that, but people hold him in a regard as if he's one of the best rappers today...

Maybe it's just me, but AZ doesn't really captivate like that...he actually speaks some real sh*t, but he compromises his message by having to rhyme so many damn syllables per bar...

Instead of writing out a message and getting your point across you instead have to cut out and paste words to make them fit the rhyme scheme and rhyme every single syllable...I've never been a huge fan of rappers like that, because they really aren't formulating clear raps...

I think that the reason that cats are feeling this so much is the simple fact that hip-hop is in such a poor state...if he dropped this in a time where other rappers were on their game dropping excellent joints then this would be seen as average at best...

To sum it all up, AZs raps are just all over the place with his rhyme scheme...sometimes he comes off right, but for the most part he's compromising to rhyme all those syllables...1.
good insight.. however i disagree with that comment about the timing of this release..

hip hop is at a low true, but there are true gems out there.. you just gotta look

hell '05 has already gave me 2 personal classics in Be and this.. and the Ye OR Little Brother hasnt even dropped!
 13 years ago '04        #36
DBlockinemOut 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,298 | Props total: 105 105
this is a classic period
 08-04-2005, 04:12 PM         #37
3rdFire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i disagree with your analysis of AZ. But hope this is a dope album.
 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM         #38
BrownDro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cosign
 3rdFire said:
i disagree with your analysis of AZ.
 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM         #39
BrownDro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some n*ggas are sleeping on AZ.. doesn't get the credit he deserve
 13 years ago '04        #40
the_hype05 
space
space
space
$1,742 | Props total: 0 0
whats AWOL stand for?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
Gabby Douglas looking fine af on
141 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Feb 22 - LA Has Criminalized Poverty by Making It Illegal to Sleep in ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Confirmed: Dark Phoenix Will Introduce Famous Marvel Villains Before Captain M..
29 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside joe budden back when he was running in the streets
81 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Curren$y might drop a mixtape tonight called "The Spring Collection"
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Jewelry: My 14K Diamond Cut Cuban Link w/ NBA Pendant...Weak or Fire?
127 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Michael B. Jordan Gets At The Haters
59 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Baby - Before Anything Doc (The CMR Story)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy