How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?

most viewed right now
 148
Image(s) inside ATL Taking SO Many L's!!
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 126
Jimmy Iovine stories thread
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 109
Image(s) inside Well Damn Meek has a message for Drake
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
Article inside Well Damn Rick Ross Defends Meek Mill, Threatens Drake
169 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 08-01-2005, 06:30 PM         #1
8517 pageviews
13 comments


SqUaD UP 2445 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?
 

 
^^^ any suggestions are appreciated

13 comments for "How many times a day should i take whey protein? and when?"

 11 years ago '04        #2
CrazyAzzBoi 
space
space
space
$705 | Props total: 0 0
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk












j/k

i need 2 know 2
 08-01-2005, 06:46 PM         #3
SqUaD UP 2445 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CrazyAzzBoi said:
dont buy shyt if u dont know how 2 use it u dumb fuk












j/k

i need 2 know 2
dagg i was one second away from the hate button lol nah these products are dumb they dont have instructions on the lable, i pay 30bucks i wanna know how to use it ya know
 08-01-2005, 07:26 PM         #4
Change 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard it was 3 times a day but i aint too sure...


Last edited by Change; 08-02-2005 at 07:17 PM..
 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM         #5
kicker1384 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.
 11 years ago '05        #6
rondostar 
space
avatar space
space
$259 | Props total: 0 0
 kicker1384 said:
depends. If you eat a lot of protein then just one or two shakes a day will do. If you are a serious lifter i recomend taking in around 1.3-1.7 grams of protein for every lb. of body weight. To start i'd recomend a shake in the morning(if you eat a big breakfast, take one shake around 2 hours after breakfast), and no more than 30 min. after a workout as thats the time where your body needs protein the most.

This dude's on point.

You should think of the supplement as exactly what it is - a supplement.

How much you need depends on how much protein you're getting from other sources.

I agree with kicker's recommendation for the best times to drink em.
 08-01-2005, 09:14 PM         #7
sirhc2077 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it says on my on whey that u need to have 1 gram of protien per pound of body weight. If you weigh 200 than u need about 7 shakes a day if you eat nothing else. also you can only absorb 30 grams of protein in one hour. Other foods have protein so dont take 7 shakes or the sugar in it (if there is sugar) may turn to fat
 11 years ago '05        #8
couplewords 
space
avatar space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
i got some experience with this...As a rule you should shoot for a gram of protein for every pound you weight. But all that protein shouldn't come from protein powder. So depending on your body weight is how much you should get from the supplement. But never go over 150 grams a day from just protein powder- It was over tax your kidneys. The most important time to have one is about an hour before you start your lifting workout. (I weight 200..I take two scoops with soy milk-Which equals about 50grams). And the other one or two times you take it is up to you. Your breakfast meal is the most important of the day..so if your not eatin enough lean meat then...take your other shake then. And you also need to drink at least a half gallon of water a day while your taking the shakes...hope that helps
 08-02-2005, 01:06 AM         #9
kicker1384 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Actually, the most important meals a day are breakfast and post workout. Post workout is the best time to have a shake because its easier to break down than protein from meat and that is important at a time when your muscles need it the most to rebuild. You are not gonna get protein from shakes alone so there is no need to even talk about that. Protein comes from lots and lots of different things so you will get some, but if you are trying to gain weight and are lifting hard most experience lifters recomend more than just 1 gram per lb. of body weight, thus the 1.3-1.7 gram estimate..Any other questions just PM me and i'll see what i can do.
 08-02-2005, 01:10 AM         #10
netjunkie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The question is what are your goals... If you want to get big, go for three scoops a day. (depending on the amount of protein you have per scoop).

Morning: 2 scoops

Evening: or after workout 2 scoops

Bed time: 2 scoops right before bed

*just a suggestion*

Spread your intake out 3-5 hours.
 08-02-2005, 02:36 PM         #11
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh*t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
 11 years ago '04        #12
CrazyAzzBoi 
space
space
space
$705 | Props total: 0 0
 Daddy's Home... said:
kicker is on point here... Whey protein isolate is absorbed a lot faster than protein found in meat so it's more effective post-workout... And breakfast tends to be the meal people get the least protein wit, so a little scoop there could be recommended...

You could also add a 3rd serving before bedtime if you're not getting protein then, to make sure your body isn't starved of protein during the night...

Also, measuring protein per pound of bodyweight is kinda pointless, as only your muscle mass can put it to use (I been doing that sh*t too tho)... The fat on your body can't use the protein for anything, so why use it as a base... Using your LBM as a base, you'll get a more accurate protein estimate, not perfect, but more accurate...

Example, a 300 pound dude wit an LBM of 200 pounds (30% bf) won't need 600 grams of protein (2 grams per pound of bodyweight), but rather 400 (2 grams per pound of LBM), as the fat is completely irrelevant in this process...

That's just me ranting tho... Ignore if you wish...
i will


j/k but if u dont know ur bf then wat shud u do
 08-02-2005, 03:01 PM         #13
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
 08-02-2005, 06:51 PM         #14
SqUaD UP 2445 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy's Home... said:
Measure it... Or make an educated guess...

General rule, if you can see your abs, you're prolly -13% somewhere...
and dude said u dont know anything about supplements

good lookz, i appreciate it
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Dope pictures from some of your favorite movies [:iranmaybe:]
78 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside MILF Jessica Alba Got That Hot Pink
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Man Found with 30 Eyeballs in His Anal Cavity
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Door Ding Stoppers!!🔥️
27 comments
20 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
 21
The size of GTA 5 map *dat math*
30 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside BX Detectives i need yall help
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Young Thug wearing a dress on new album cover
452 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Aug 24 - Most Millennials Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings, Live Paych..
357 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy