most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Boxdens Dream Girl
8 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
103 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-30-2005, 06:24 PM         #1
27604 pageviews
25 comments

kokaine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can of tuna after workout

Anyone here eat a full can of tuna after a workout, it has a alot of protein but alot of fat.............. i started eating a can after a workout, but i just wanna know if its alright to do so

25 comments for "can of tuna after workout"

07-30-2005, 07:42 PM         #2
harval 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a can of tuna has a lot of fat?
 07-30-2005, 08:37 PM         #3
kokaine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
15 grams man plus the mayo i add for easy eating taste ............. so yeah that is a lot of fat for a small can of tuna......... thats why im asking if its healthy eating a whole can
 11 years ago '98        #4
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$29,987 | Props total: 561 561
lol.. yea, check the label again. Per serving is something like 22 grams protein, <1 carbs, 1 gram fat, depending on the type and brand.

Post workout carbs are the most important... so make sure you get plenty of simple (or complex, but simple refills glycogen much quicker) along with your tuna. Make a tuna, dextrose, honey shake. Then again, maybe not
 11 years ago '98        #5
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$29,987 | Props total: 561 561
 kokaine said:
15 grams man plus the mayo i add for easy eating taste ............. so yeah that is a lot of fat for a small can of tuna......... thats why im asking if its healthy eating a whole can
If you can, avoid fats post workout. They will do nothing for you.. but go to your fat reserves once you spike your insulin. Go for carbs protein only, and go for a lot of carbs. Something in the range of 80grams up
 11 years ago '05        #6
rondostar 
space
space
$259 | Props total: 0 0
I would say a can of tuna and glass of milk is the perfect after workout meal. You still need the good ffats in your diet. Tuna and milk have the good fats.
 07-31-2005, 02:51 AM         #7
netjunkie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tuna isn't something I would consume "right after a workout" for the simple fact that it will take longer for the body to break down as oppose to cottage cheese which is a lot easier on the stomach (if your not lactose and tollerant).

Protein is key after any med/high intensity workout. But make sure your not filling yourself for at least 1hr after any workout.
 07-31-2005, 10:37 AM         #8
kokaine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a "solid light"<--- well i dont take no insulin or anything like that ....... i dont relaly get into supplements except ocassionally i take a multi vit. pill............ How much CARBS can i take to build my body as effectively as possible, lots of sh*t has like 45 grams + more

Last edited by kokaine; 07-31-2005 at 10:37 AM..
 07-31-2005, 10:45 AM         #9
magnolia420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn tunas fattening ? i b eating that for snacks n sh*t
 07-31-2005, 10:49 AM         #10
Euthanasia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not the tuna, the mayo he drowns the tuna in is fattening
 11 years ago '05        #11
rondostar 
space
space
 netjunkie said:
Tuna isn't something I would consume "right after a workout" for the simple fact that it will take longer for the body to break down as oppose to cottage cheese which is a lot easier on the stomach (if your not lactose and tollerant).

Protein is key after any med/high intensity workout. But make sure your not filling yourself for at least 1hr after any workout.
I beg to differ. From my understanding, it is BEST to fill your stomach (with a protein rich meal) within an hour after working out.

Where did you hear otherwise?

Last edited by rondostar; 07-31-2005 at 01:03 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #12
couplewords 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
You are suppose to have protein already in your system before you start the work-out. So the torn muscles have it available for healing. Take a protein shake or a can of tuna with some carbs a hour before your work-out. If your taking creatine you need to take that right after your workout without the food. If your not taking creatine you should have a post workout out meal a hour after you work out.
 11 years ago '05        #13
Smackaheffa 
space
space
$362 | Props total: 0 0
tuna is definately good for you. just easy on the mayo..or even none at all. just put a little tobasco sauce and eat up
 11 years ago '05        #14
rondostar 
space
space
smackaheffa's on point. props dawg

cholula's dope too.
 08-01-2005, 07:31 PM         #15
Escrow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smackaheffa said:
tuna is definately good for you. just easy on the mayo..or even none at all. just put a little tobasco sauce and eat up

I eat a lot of tuna...and I have tried........salsa, hot sauce, A-1, and mustard to name a few....dont hate on it until you try it.
 11 years ago '04        #16
JD213 
space
space
space
$194 | Props total: 0 0
I eat tuna after workouts....here's my recipe no mayo......Dice up some tomato, onion, cilantro aka coriander, half a jalapeno mix with tuna and lemon juice, a lil salt to taste......mmmmmmm good
 11 years ago '05        #17
rondostar 
space
space
I like mixing a can in with some kraft mac and cheese. Ghetto Tuna Caserole - MMMMMMMMMMM!
 08-02-2005, 01:07 AM         #18
netjunkie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rondostar said:
I beg to differ. From my understanding, it is BEST to fill your stomach (with a protein rich meal) within an hour after working out.

Where did you hear otherwise?

I meant as soon as the routine is complete. I'm not saying don't eat tuna an hour after you get out of the gym... You shouldn't consume food immediately after working out is what I was trying to say.

Thanks for clearing things up.

heh
 08-02-2005, 10:32 PM         #19
MarTyy89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:
This will get u fresh tuna off the streets

Last edited by MarTyy89; 08-02-2005 at 10:33 PM..
 08-02-2005, 11:01 PM         #20
sym007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damnit use fat free mayo with fat free tuna. boom. there ya go.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
238 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
229 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
126 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Luke Cage's Opening Credits Are Just as Awesome as You Thought They'd Be
37 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
161 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy