Establishing and Building Good Credit

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

07-23-2006, 05:58 AM         #51
BMJR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good thread, i will read more later

07-23-2006, 11:19 AM         #52
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shinin' said
that sh*t will fu*k u over, drop them off the plan because the total account reflects the entire payment amount, not just yours,
a cell phone is considered a utility and will only affect your credit if you default on the payment and it is cancelled and sent to collection. however, stop helping n*ggas at ur expense.

12 years ago '06        #53
noreboy 
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
 mr_underground said
if u pay your phone bill late...thats a credit slash if u don't know other people can see that and it label u as a delinquent
I don't think this applies if you only pay your bill a month or so late. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe my phone history is reported to the credetors monthly.

07-25-2006, 03:34 PM         #54
markus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah, your cell phone payments aren't reported monthly. but they will warn you that your account will be sent to collections if you wait too long to pay it, especially after they've cut off your phone. they usually send out notices after it being about 60-90 days late. but the amount of time is subjective, it varies with each cell phone company.

Last edited by markus; 07-25-2006 at 03:36 PM..

12 years ago '05        #55
filthflarn 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 126 126
good read

12 years ago '04        #56
Bodega 
space
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
I have a student card with bank of americqa should my apr be over 19% i think that is too high I went over the limit for a emergency but i think my apr is too high and right now i can't afford the monthly payments. i was very diligent but i had an emergency.. but should a student card be that high on a apr and if so how can I lower it. because i don't want to be delinquent just because i can't make the payments

08-17-2006, 08:50 PM         #57
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
with bank of america, going over you limit raises your APR if you were on an introductory rate which knowing BOA you were. even if you get the over limit under limit, your APR will not go down. best thing is to get a new low balance transfer APR and transfer the balance. try discover student card or chase visa.

08-23-2006, 08:31 AM         #58
Jp Triple Five 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how about prepaid cards do those help in building your credit

08-24-2006, 01:14 AM         #59
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some prepaid cards do but after all the fees you pay for transactions, it a waste of time. it takes too long to build anything when you can go to other companies and at least get a partially secured card or something.

12 years ago '04        #60
warbux04 
space
space
$815 | Props total: 352 352
alright here's my situation... i have a fed. student loan which will stay in good standin as long as i am in school, but i have one credit card that got sent to collections with $1500 as the balance.... how hard is it going to be fix my credit? those are the only two things on my credit report by the way...help me out please?

08-25-2006, 09:18 PM         #61
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you have no credit at this point. you only have two things and one is bad so it kinda cancels each other out. pay off the credit card.

12 years ago '04        #62
Bodega 
space
space
space
 ladyofrage said
with bank of america, going over you limit raises your APR if you were on an introductory rate which knowing BOA you were. even if you get the over limit under limit, your APR will not go down. best thing is to get a new low balance transfer APR and transfer the balance. try discover student card or chase visa.

I'm going to transfer the balance to a chase visa, but When I transfer the balance to another card what happpends then and will my apr go down on my Bank of America student card (will that card balance will be zero)

thanks a lot for the info

08-26-2006, 05:10 PM         #63
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
your APR will stay the same. onces it goes up, it stays there. you can close your card and apply for another one with a lower rate.

12 years ago '04        #64
Bodega 
space
space
space
So a balance transfer to another card automatcally closes my BOA credit card?

Or will the new card - by transferring balances pays the BOA credit card and then the BOA balance will be zero- So then with the new card I will be paying at a lower apr with the balance I had on the BOA card?

I need some concrete clairty because I wanna get out of this dilemma as soon as possible

08-29-2006, 03:17 PM         #65
ladyofrage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You balance will be zero but that does not close your card. and you will be paying the balance of the BOA card on the new with a lower APR. Your BOA card will not be closed unless you want it to be and ask them to close it.

12 years ago '05        #66
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
Here is a good coupon for a great site, save 20% off of any credit check package at . Use coupon code CPPSAVINGS

09-27-2006, 09:25 PM         #67
Sikz de Nyne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Monthly payments an services like cell phone plans and internet service don't effect credit riight?

12 years ago '06        #68
firex21 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 15 15
prop'd

11-14-2006, 09:38 AM         #69
crockjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good info

02-05-2007, 09:38 AM         #70
v_nwankwo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NO CREDIT IS WORSE THAN BAD CREDIT

As many young American move from childhood to adulthood they are faced with a grim reality. They have no credit, and now they are classified and bunched with those who have bad credit. Any creditworthiness you acquire is directly linked with credit lines that you have on your file. Each credit line is gained when you apply for credit cards, buy a car, get a bank loan etc. So to gain a credit line, you must have good credit and to have good credit you must have credit lines. This has been the problem for most young Americans. One way to eliminate this problem is to acquire a collateral bank loan and once this is paid back you automatically have a credit line. Most banks are willing to offer this service to young people because the bank knows that credit is all that matters in the world today and building your credit from a young age will give you a head start among your peers. Credit card companies can be very reluctant to even offer you a low limit credit card knowing that you have no credit at all. If one is offered it is usually a secured credit card with high initial annual fees and high rates. Also it will be impossible to purchase a car or a home without any credit lines. A bank collateral loan requires a deposit into your bank of choice then the ability to request for a loan that is equal to the amount deposited. A reasonable term would be one year to pay back the loan on a monthly basis. Problem solved. Learn more on establishing new credit at .

03-15-2007, 11:39 AM         #71
WILD100 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THE SITE HAS SAMPLE LETTERS AND ALOT OF HELPFUL HINTS , PROPS ON THE THREAD

12 years ago '06        #72
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
 canal_boys said
wtf dont even work
works for me.. :applause:

12 years ago '05        #73
bgj887 
space
space
$1,521 | Props total: 54 54
i been with chase for about a yr and a half, today they offered me a chase freedom credit card and i accepted, i wanna build up my credit so i'm messing wit it, right now it's a $300 spending limit, and i think the yearly intrest is like 18%, so when i get it imma just use it to buy sh*t i know i can pay back at the end of the month and imma pay the balance off in full when i get my statements

12 years ago '06        #74
unclejuju 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,302 | Props total: 719 719
props for all the info

12 years ago '06        #75
unclejuju 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,302 | Props total: 719 719
 Inhale said
if you get more than one card, and pay them off one card with another... as long as you don't mess around and spend more than you have.. that's a good way to build up your credit

is there any truth to this

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  52
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
60 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
NBA Wait ? WHAAAᴀᴀₐₐₐ ?.....Doug ? Wha ?.....
342 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+146online now  20
Video inside If this video was in 2018 this man would be dead
91 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Artie Lange avoids jail but tests positive for cocaine at N.J..
154 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  18
Video inside Offset wildn
14 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  14
Image(s) inside AY Y wud I post ya sister ?! (when I could just post her fam & friends..
148 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  13
Cardi B reaction to Offsets "Im sorry Bruh"
90 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Kanye says 2 of the 12 lost tribes of Israel are black. Is he correct?
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy